LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #871
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
I just saw my post got put on twice. So sorry! :blush:

Sorry you could 't get to the gym or run. Good save pulling out the Taebo.

I am going to make myself walk today. Yes, I am.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #872
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
You GO Girl!!
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Hey Pauline - have a good weekend hun??
Got me a new gadget on Sat - a pedometer...40000+ steps since yesterday! Wahey!
Thanks for the PM's - you're a gem!
Have a brill March! x
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
LOL! Mavis!!! Wow Dianne! I saw it in print My day has been interesting vis a vis the exercise ...

March 1, 2009

So, I pull out a Billy Blanks Boxing Taebo dvd I got for free after rebate and did it with my 8 year old who only kicked me twice and punched me once, lol!
Another threadjack...Or I should say journaljack!
Well done Diane, I knew you could and would do it.

Pauline, I love the old adage, "if there's a will, there's a way". Kicking...or I should say, getting kicked through a Billy Blanks Boxing Taebo dvd goes to show that you know that old saying too. Hopefully, you'll get your desired gym visits happening again soon.
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #875

WTG Glamour! A lot of people swear by those pedometers!

LOL Mavis! Yah .. no gym today .. we have 15 inches outside and I can see the road hasn't been plowed at all yet - never mind our loooong drive! We are officially snowed in .. looks like I'll be doing some kind of tv exercise with the little one again .. and maybe some shoveling and sledding ...
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #876

March 2, 2009

60 min. shoveling moderate (10 to 15 pounds/minute) 385 calories burned
30 min. sledding, tobogganing, bobsled... 190 calories burned

and I'm a wee bit sore .. but I got in my exercise apparently, lol! I am really tired!!!!!!!!! What else? I have met all my personal obligations for the day. Yay me!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #877
Senior LCF Member

Yay you indeed! No go put your feet up!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #878
Major LCF Poster!

What a great change of pace. That is making the best of the snow situation. I think the sledding was fun but shoveling.

I did my WATP as the weather was not cooperating. I will vow to do it at least 3x a week. I do like that it works your arms with the stretchy band.

Have a great time with the kiddos home.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #879

Thanks Glamour

Believe me, Diane .. making the best of the snow was not intentional lol!!!!! My 8 year old made me go sledding (and carve out a "luge" run for her, lol!!) and the shoveling , well .. lol!! WTG on the WATP!!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pauline, I seen you asked a question about pasta in the maintenance forum and because I am not in maintenance mode, I thought to share my thoughts with you here. Hope you don't mind.
I eat whole wheat pasta with no bad effects. I don't overdue it though. I eat only a small amount mixed in with about 1-1/2 cup of broccoli and a teaspoon of pesto sauce. The meal is mostly broccoli with a small taste of pesto and a small taste of pasta and it works for me. Very tasty, very filling and like I said, no bad effects thus far. I have no urge to binge or anything else afterward. As for taste goes, some say it's not to their liking but I quite enjoy it as my guilty pleasure these days. Wow, that is so funny....I never thought I would hear myself say that whole wheat pasta was my guilty pleasure!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #881

That is funny Mavis Guilty pleasure! lol!!! Good to hear you tolerate it just fine! I'll probaby add it in a la carb ladder at some point. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #882

March 4, 2009

Good day I'm saving lots of money by making my own homemade veggie proteins .. burgers, meatballs, etc. The burgers don't taste like burgers really, but hey $1.25 for 12 versus $10.50 for 12 is some good savings for me! I am also psyched becasue I noticed the price of avocados is down to 99 cents, so 50 cents a serving.

I like a half avocado smushed on half a lc pita with sliced onion and american cheese microwaved in the oven with a side of celery stalks for one of my "mini-meals" and it will now be cheaper than the sandwich I had been eating lately which included brie and tabouleh .. yah weird combo, I know ..

ok enough food talk.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #883

March 6, 2009

Very very busy day and I almost didn't make it, but made myself go to the gym .. definitely a great stress buster! There's this creepy guy at the gym and I heard some gossip about him today. Frist I should say that he keeps coming over next to me when I am on a machine and he does not see one of the other women he bothers available to harass. I had observed how he runs over to the other women all the time and figured out that it would be a huge mistake to speak to him even once. So up til now, I have pretended I was very engrossed in my workout or whatever was on tv, making a point never to make eye contact ..

Well apparently there have been complaints to the gym management and he has been "spoken to" twice. My friend says when he does talk to her his conversations are sex-related ... ewwwwwwww .. but also, apparently he has been kicked out of three bars in town and at the fourth where he goes, the bartenders refer to him as the pedophile because he sits where the younger women have to brush by him and he tries to grab at them as they go by ... ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

He is an older man so I find it hard to be disrespectful especially as I do workout with some seniors about his age and I see him looking at me/us .. ewwwwwwwwwwww!!! But I am so so so grateful today that my friend told me all this ... if this guy does succeed in talking to me (he runs up whenever I am talking to one of the gals he harasses to see if he can get in on the conversation .. so I assume he will eventually succeed) ... I will not feel the least bit bad to tell him that I know his game and that I don't want him talking to me or being anywhere around me ...

He freaks me out because I am generally very open and chatty to everyone and there have been a couple of occasions when people have taken advantage of that to act stalker-ish .. any normal guy would have gotten the hint already that I didn't want to "meet" them ...

If he bothers my daughter - who may be able to join in a week or two - I will have to kick his azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #884

March 8, 2009

I am thinking that I may have "reactive hypoglycemia." I find I get extreme fatigue after certain meals - sometimes to the point where I feel really dazed. I already do a lot of the things recommended - just as part of my normal wol. Things like: eating every 3 hours and eating lowcarb.

I am trying to kinda figure out my pattern, but I think it may happen only at the meals I eat a half a lowcarb pita. Weirdly it does not happen at all at the meals where I eat a lowcarb bar with sugar alcohols, or at the meals I eat cheerios.

I'll be seriously bummed out to have to cut out the pitas, but apparently hypoglycemia can be a precursor to diabetes and I do not want to be diabetic. I will go to the doctor, but I want to have good data before I go to my doctor. Apparently fatigue is a tricky symptom and there are tons of things they can test you for including thyroid, adrenal, etc etc. Before lowcarb, I also used to wake up with incredible weakness in my hands and feet, but that does not happen anymore, nor do I feel tired upon waking ..

For the moment, I am going to make a note of these fatigue symptoms as related to the food eaten .. feeling it right now after half pita, hb egg, slice cheese and tea with splenda liquid.

I may also get a blood sugar meter. I know you get the meter for free but the strips are expensive, so I have to figure out how to get cheap strips first ...
Old 03-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #885

March 10, 2009

So, I don't really see a difference with the pitas cut out of my day ... just pleased to see how easy it is for me to do it, lol! I'll continue on without them for a while to see what happens ... it is very subjective though. I really have to get a meter! Changing them out hs also lowered my total daily net carb amount from close to 100 to about 85 ... anyhoooooo, no news there!

Creepy man tried again to get my attention .. I was the only female in the cardio area ... another woman finally walked in and he latched onto her, but I caught him still staring at me, ugh. Creep.

Otherwise, everything else is good

Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Pauline!
Get that meter for sure. Nothing like a problem unsolved. Especially when it concerns your health.
As for the creepy guy....throw up on him. That should do the trick.
Seriously though, how unnerving!!! Maybe report him if he get too close for comfort.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #887

Thanks Mavis I think creepy guy will eventually get kicked out. I just hate when I have to start planning workouts around when I think a particular person won't be there, lol!

March 12, 2009

I woke up feeling thinner today, yay! Maybe because I ran with my friend who kills me yesterday .. by the end he was laughing - probably because I looked like I would keel over!! My back still hurts from shoveling on Monday so that did not help at all!

On the blood sugar front, I noticed yesterday after a pita-less snack that was absolutely lc .. bowl of spinach, 1T butter, 1 slice american cheese, 2T parmesan .. that I felt great until about a half hour after eating when I totally crashed and had a wave of exhaustion. I really think I do have a problem and I'm a little worried that the lc diet isn't enough to fix this. It would really suck to have to take insulin or something.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #888

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Pauline I think you need more protein then the cheese you ate. How far did you run and was that meal after a run? If it was it may not be enough food. I find spinach isn't really filling for me. We split a whole bag of fresh spinach last night and once cooked it came out to be little or nothing.

I think some beans or some fish would have been better then cheese. Even tofu type food with the veggies. I use cheese as a snack but rarely as a meal. I eat low fat string cheese sometimes when I am hungry and don't have time for much else like at work.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:05 AM   #889

Thanks Debbie - no that was a later snack!

March 18, 2009

We had a lot of fun this weekend at the St. Patrick's Day Parade - we go every year - and I think I am still recovering, lol! Whew! Busy week but I will make myself come in and post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #890
Senior LCF Member

Hey Pauline - how are you hun? Sorry I haven't posted much, been trying to find a more appropiate WOE for...I was really kinda struggling on Atkins, and I found LGL. It seems to be the right thing for me. I lost 5lbs last week, just by introducing some of the ideas in to my diet. I still want and need LC ideas, so no doubt I'll tap you up for more.

We had a St Patricks day parade here too. Good stuff. How are you doing otherwise?
G x
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Hi, Pauline!

I think I may have found the exercise for me! I just finished 14 days of T-Tapp. Can't believe how it's helped my back! I always feel so inspired after I read about your exercise exploits!
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #892
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Pauline!

Just dropping by to say hi. I hope the creepy guy is staying away from you at the gym! Eww!

Have a great week!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #893

Hi Ladies! glad you are all doing well! I have heard good things about the LGL GlamourP - Atkins is definitely not for everyone and particularly hard for vegetarians. I hope it's going well!

Elizabeth It's great you found T-TAPP - I remember people talking about it. I think it has quite a following! You must be getting excited for the Spring gardening season!! All those daylilies I planted last fall seem to be coming up, yippee! I have to get my butt in gear and start the daylily seeds I bought sometime soon ... I need some motivation tho, my to-do list is a mile and a half long!

Hey Dianne!!! P
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #894

March 31, 2009

Lots happening. My to-do list is just insane and my teen is testing all the limits. On the positive front, she has finally reached the age when she can join our gym, so I took her for the first time on Saturday and played trainer ... to my utter shock, she said she loved it and wanted to go much longer on the cardio, lol!!

DH has signed up to run his first marathon in October which is pretty cool and I am really psyched for him! He is insisting on doing it in under 8 minute miles macho man stuff, lol! I think he'll do well just to finish it, but there's no talking to the man!

As for me, everything's on plan - normal - except that ****** is driving my nuts since they "re-designed" it as my info won't load most days and it is really not good. I have to find a new program that I like. I'm also on nutrimirror, but am not crazy about it. I'm thinking about purchasing some software - but not ****** as I do not trust their product .. need to do some research!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #895

which marathon? I plan on doing my first in October too. Training starts early May. it is long and hard and I hope I can get through the training. I plan on doing Marine Corp if my back holds up that long. I want to do one marathon in my life. I have done 5 half marathons so it is the next thing I need to do.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #896

Sign up for Marine Corp is tomorrow. I will be signing up. So is my husband but not sure when he will have time to train like is necessary. He isn't joining the club training program because he is coaching the back of the packers in the Half Marathon training program.

It is good to see you posting again Pauline. I think it is great your daughter likes the gym. I have paid alot for my boys to belong and not use it. I cancelled my husband and my son's memberships after many years of paying for nothing.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #897
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
I have the Calorie King software and love it. Lately I don't have the patience for it, but it helps a lot when I journal every day. Wish I had your commitment to it!
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #898
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Elizabeth It's great you found T-TAPP - I remember people talking about it. I think it has quite a following! You must be getting excited for the Spring gardening season!! All those daylilies I planted last fall seem to be coming up, yippee! I have to get my butt in gear and start the daylily seeds I bought sometime soon ... I need some motivation tho, my to-do list is a mile and a half long!
I absolutely love T-Tapp. I've been trying to exercise for years and my back always sidetracks me. I told my husband that I was starting T-Tapp and as long as I could get out of bed, I would do it. I was in incredible pain the first three days, but on day four started to notice huge improvements. I've already seen inch loss although my weight is the same. It really is as amazing as people say!

Today was beautiful and I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt! All the bulbs I planted in the fall are coming up. I'm not doing the costumes for the home school play this year, so I can get out there and start working sooner!! Our city starts yard waste pick-up next week, so I'm looking forward to full trash cans of old garden debris.

I bet your daylilies will be gorgeous this year. Refresh my memory, what color(s) did you plant? You will have to take pictures.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #899
Major LCF Poster!

P.S.-Happy April Fool's Day!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #900

Debbie Hopefully I can keep dd interested in the gym by coming with me - I also hope to hook her up with a friend's daughter, that may be the key to getting her to stay with it - the social aspect, lol! I know it helps me!!

DH is doing a marathon here in New England. Actually, a guy I run with on occasion will be doing that Marine marathon in October - so I know it is about a week after dh's marathon! - but this guy travels around the country doing them and has won his age group before .. can you imagine going 'round the country running marathons??!! lol!!! Best of luck in your training!

PalmTreeGal Thank you so so much for the suggestion!! I think I have hard about it before, but never researched it as I had been so happy with ****** .. ugh, they have really really let me down!!