Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Pauline. You will do great on your Mexican vacation.

Don't stress this week and relax a lot when you are gone.

Have fun!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #722
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Thanks Dianne

August 19, 2008

Well the allergy issues from dust and the time of year have been hitting me very hard and I have not been getting much sleep. last night I woke up at midnight with an asthma attack, itchy face and dripping nose and ended up on the couch. I think exhaustion, the allergy issues, and PMS / TOM triggered a slight binge yesterday evening. I almost talked myself out of exercising today since I woke late .. but decided to do it anyway and ran for an hour - without keeping track of time or distance and it was truly a blessing! I am feeling better and today was on track.

I have a lot going on getting ready for the trip and am pleased a bunch of stuff fell into place today! After having asked for advice on dining at all-inclusives and getting responses even from people who had been to the very same one telling me, it would be no problem -- I was feeling better until I saw some (the minority) negative reviews based on the food .. So I am re-visiting my plans, and will take some packets of fish, oysters, laughing cow cheeses, and lowcarb pitas.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...periences.html

I did some research online about Mexican customs and they only want you to take pre-packaged food in .. so I am wondering whether to bother baking flax muffins to take. I'll probably just take what's left over from this last batch and if they confiscate them .. well, so be it!

I am not looking forward to packing four people in the next couple of days ... fun fun fun! I am sure we'll forget something! lol!!
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #723

August 21, 2008

Well I have come up with a quasi plan for vacation that should work for me. I suppose if I had a "goal" it would be to come back from vacation at 135 or lighter - which is about 6-7 pounds from where I am right now. As for the food plan ...

Basically, it means eating breakfast, lunch and dinner from the resort offerings, with a few spare packets of tuna, and some lc pitas to fill in when necessary or for emergencies, lol! I have a lc sweet for lunch and dinner for dessert in place of my flax muffins. This will also mean 200 less calories, which will help with all the drinking and eating. I am also bringing the crystal light packets to use with my favorite liquor, so I have zero carb drinking planned.

With exercise, both dh and I are in the same mindset generally and we will check out the gym, etc, but I am not going to be able to be as selfish as I am usually with my time as we will have to be with the kids most of the time. So, my plan is to just let it happen when it will rather than first thing in the morning as I am accustomed to doing.

There are group activities there we can join on the spot ... volleyball, gladiators, etc. I figure I can steal a run at the beach maybe when I get bored. I can swim laps in the gigantic pool wth my waterproof wristwatch. Maybe get to the gym with my 12 year old who has been dying to join the gym here with me, but can't yet due to her age. The resort is also huge apparently and to get around you walk long distances, so ... I am just gonna let the exercise happen as it will, and have lots of fun!

If you read my journal, then you know I need to have a plan. Planning has meant the difference between success and well, less success, lol! We are not bringing the laptop. Although we may log in occasionally while away on their computer .. it will all depend on whether the service is outrageously expensive and whether my 12 year old hounds us enough to bother with it so she can chat with her friends, lol! (texting is a little more expensive on our international cell phone and I do not want to start with that!!! lol!!!)

So, it will be me and my lowtech notebook for the next week!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline have a great trip! Have fun and enjoy yourself. You have good plans in place so you will do fine.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:15 AM   #725

Thanks Diane!!!!!

August 22, 2008

Quick check-in ... I leave for the airport shortly!!!

So, I am below goal weight "range" by about a pound and am hoping to return from vacation at 135 or lower, but am pretty happy with today's weigh-in!

Have a great week everyone! See you on the other side!

Goal Range: 130-135

Me today:

Jun Ave ... 132.00
Jul Ave ... 131.75
Aug Ave ... 129.00

Aug 01 ... 128.75
Aug 08 ... 130.00
Aug 15 ... 128.00
Aug 29 ... 128.75
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #726

August 30, 2008

Well I came back from Mexico at midnight last night and am beyond thrilled this morning! I had a great great time and did not focus on my wol too very much, but the wonderful news for me is that I left at 128.75 pounds and weighed in this morning at 130.5 which is at th lower range of goal for me right now. I really am shocked. I felt that I did well, but really thought I would be closer to 135, as I:

1. Did not measure my food at all.
2. Definitely overate a number of times.
3. Drank 4-5 drinks a day ... and they totally overpoured my alcohol! lol!
4. Only went for a run and the gym one day of the whole eight days
5. Did not journal my food at all, lol!

There were a lot of things I did right though. I followed the plan I made out above food wise and I focused on the amazing vegetable dishes dripping in butter and oil, some amazing marinated mexican dishes like conch salad, tried lots of new foods!!! Pitaya fruit, Hearts of Palm, Grouper fish, Mexican cheeses. I pretty much stuck to a large portion of protein and a large portion of veggies (totally overate them considering how much oil/butter was in them, lol!) and I really really enjoyed the food. I went prepared and having lc pitas available, and a lc sweet for after each meal was a key to my staying on plan and not touching any of the breads, sweets, tortillas, or potatoes!

I drank too much but I stuck to the Crystal Light mixed in whiskey and water and did not give in to the temptation of the pina coladas and other delicious fruity (and free included!) drinks even once ... I really was virtuous, all considered!

Even though I only ran and went to the gym once, I was very active swimming with my kids for hours every day, paddling them around on rafts. There was also a lot of walking involved ... not quite equivalent to the hard workouts I usually do, but definitely more than my usual couch potato self when I am not at the gym.

Something else that was cool, was how awesome I felt in my bathing suit and clothes ... I did have some moments when I felt like my stomach was sticking out in my suit, lol! (usually just after a meal), but I felt attractive and that was great!! Oh yeah!! I also entered a Gladiators competition where you balance on a surfboard in the water and knock another chick off with a huge HEAVY HEAVY q-tip type thing, lol!! I never would have done that in my big girl days! I did pretty well and finally got knocked out when I slipped ... hee hee ... dh said I looked vicious up there! Woot!!!!

I am off to my folks for the long weekend and my kids do not start school til next Thursday, so I will still be off-kilter for the next week. I am going to do my best to stay on plan and will start to get some exercise in tomorrow morning!

Anyhow! Happy Day! I am Maintaining! I feel so hopeful for the future.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #727

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Pauline,

Hadn't seen you posting lately, popped in, and was so inspired to see your latest post.

NOW THAT IS THE WAY to set an example. We can live and have fun too, when [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IT'S DONE RIGHT[/COLOR].

Glad your vacay was such a huge success, and congrats on staying focused and on plan.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #728

Thanks Twyla!!! Yeah, I'm stoked!!! lol!!! Soooo nice to enjoy a new lifestyle and yet ... not be on a "diet" ya know?!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #729

August 31, 2008

Good weekend so far here in CT at my folks house. I did not bring my scale seeing as my weight was fine before I left and I am here and should be relaxing not worrying that I will somehow mess things up in the course of three days. I think I have learned to trust myself and my food and exercise choices when I am out of my usual schedule at home.

This is a huge step forward for me. There is no question that since I began lowcarbing, I have known (and taken to heart) what are the correct lowcarb food choices and the necessary amount of exercise to keep going, but I think over the past few years -- and the rest of my life prior to that -- my biggest struggle has been portion sizes, and hence calories.

The food scheduling I came up with for a series of mini-meals of a certain size, has truly helped me to come to grips with what a correct meal should look like as far as portions. Yet, when left to my own devices, I do overeat portion somewhat, but not to the extent that I blowout like I might have in the past. There is absolutely a place for the scale in my life and food journaling .. when it is convenient like in my normal everyday life .. but it does not have to be a source of stress when it is simply not possible to "follow the letter of the law." I know intuitively now how much and what to eat and do .. totally shocking really.

I am no longer someone who will head straight toward temptation at the drop of a hat. I enjoy the new active, happy, confident me far too much to have any desire to get into the chocolate cake (it was bil's birthday tonight, lol!). That said, I am on maintenance and well, last night chose to have baked stuffed shrimp (still ended up at about 85 net carbs for the day), and a passel of strawberries and a couple glasses of wine tonight .. knowing that my weight will not likely be much different at all come Tuesday morning. The secret is to enjoy, but to make the right choices for "splurge" and not the wrong ones (french fries, chocolate cake, etc.).

I got my run in today and it was torturous - way too close to lunch and I could feel my food in my tummy the entire run ... but I am proud of myself that I made myself do it ... learned my lesson and will go for a run first thing tomorrow a.m. I had to take dd to a hair app't this morning, hence the delay (I let her get purple streaks in her hair .. permanent ones ... just in time for the beginning of school). The Stepford wives are going to be totally unhappy with our bad influence on their perfect perfect children, lol!! I figure A students can be allowed a little self-expression I was not, and it did not turn out well for me ...

Anyhoooooo, I am feeling really good! This has been a great summer, a summer of progress forward for me as a person. I feel like I have turned a corner somewhere into the realm of "normal person."
Old 08-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline! It is so neat to read how well your vacation went! You did awesome! I am hoping to do be able to do as well as you in my maintainence. I have decided after reaching the weight I am at now in April and maintaining with not too much ups, that I am going to lower my goal to 125. I am just 5'1" and am still feeling like too much weight around my waist and upper portion. There isn't too much hope of the upper portion going down but I can dream!

Have a great Labor Day and congrats on your vacation and the results!

I love that your dd got purple streaks!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 AM   #731

Dianne, I think 125 is a wonderful goal!!!! Height and body shape make such a big difference from person to person. I will be cheering you on my twin!!!!! P

September 2, 2008 morning

The last two days I had to force myself out the door to exercise. Part of it was being in CT at my folks and part of it was post-vacation malaise, I think! I ended up going running .. Now that I am cleared for it, it seemed the obvious choice when we had a house full of people and only a day and a half together. What a luxury to be able to just step out the door for a bit rather than the two hour time commitment the gym takes ..

Granted the second run was only within 16 hours of the first one, but both runs were very difficult to get through. I seem to have done something to one hamstring on my day of travel Friday, and both quads were screaming bloody murder after my run yesterday. DH says it's a good sign that I pushed it during my run ... I say .. "ouch."

So anyhow, I am planning to head to the gym for the rest of this week and do gym cardio and weights - maybe start up my Friday strength class again since the kiddos will be in school. I think I need to lay off the running (more than a mile or two) for the rest of the week.

As planned, I weighed this morning and my weight is down another quarter pound to 130.25 since Friday post-vacation weigh-in. I am pleased as 1) it means my post-vacation weight was not just a fluctuation, and 2) I was at the shore this weekend and, as on vacation, I was more free with my food.

I am psyched that I can eat "Baked Stuffed Shrimp" with very bready stuffing and it does not affect anything. I did have sauteed spinach as the side since we ordered in and I could prepare that myself, so only 2-3 onion rings from my Dad's plate, lol! I still have not dallied with very carby food ... there was probably one slice of white bread in that Shrimp - like 24 carbs - and have done pretty well ordering veggie sides. LOL! Yesterday morning we ate out and I had a 2-egg omelette with a side salad!!!

I am feeling more and more optimistic that I will not feel the desire to eat the more carby foods (pasta, fries, toast, rice) on a regular basis - but that when I want to eat them at restaurants and parties, I will be able to do so. As I noted before vacation, I think my weight is probably still trending down and I'll have to start thinking about adjusting things this next month.

Looks like this lower weight does suit me as far as my face not getting too bony, lol! so I am not going to even think about my weight too much until I start to tweak a little ... so back to Friday weigh-ins!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #732
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: quizzical1
Stats: 207/163/145 5'7
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 1-January-2008
Glad to hear you are on the mend mentally and physically! xx
quizzical1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 320/210/220
WOE: Starting Leptin Rx Nov 2011
Start Date: July 4, 2002
Glad you're back. Your big smile and positive attitude helps me realize that it really is possible.
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #734

Aww thanks Quizz and Beachguy

I think it is really possible too, Rich, as long as we keep plugging along.

Pauline
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/189/145 5'3 3/4"
Just wanted to pop in and say "hi!"
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #736

Hi Elizabeth!!! So nice to see you!!!!

September 5, 2008

Today is my Friday weigh-in, and I am 130 which is down a half pound from my post-vacation weigh-in. So my weight is still trending down, and weirdly it coincides pretty much with my ****** numbers, with "calories burned" higher by about a half pound over my "calories eaten". Before vacation, I had noticed this too and had gone below goal weight. Seeing as I am at the bottom of goal weight range (despite vacation .. woohoo!) and appear to continue losing at this level, I am ready to try something.

I have been satisfied with my daily at-home food and with the level I can eat at on special occasions, restaurants and people's houses. I think it is time to make my life a little easier by taking out one more gym day. I was at 6 days a week for much of my journey, cut back to 5 days this year, and am ready to cut back again to 4 weekdays by taking out my long cardio workout (burn about 600 calories).

Why not? I work out really hard when I am there. I get both cardio and weight training. I am still dropping clothing sizes without additional weightloss (I seem to be now between a size 6 and a size 4), or making my face look too thin, and I'd be keeping the same weight trainig level.

OK, there's the justifications, now for why this will make me very happy!! It will actually make my life a lot easier - to feel like I have one whole day when the kids are in school that I can devote to some task, or doctor's appointments or whatever, without spending half of it commuting and at the gym. And, if I feel like I need to bring my weight down a little or something, I simply get in an extra workout some weeks ..

Despite this change, I am thinking that I will still have some (slower) weightloss and can address that in a month or two by changing / adding food.

Last Four Months

(Goal Range: 130-135)

May 02 ... 134.25
May 09 ... 135.00
May 16 ... 134.00
May 23 ... 134.00
May 30 ... no weigh-in - Ireland

Jun 06 ... no weigh-in - Reunion
Jun 13 ... 131.25
Jun 20 ... 132.00
Jun 27 ... 130.00

Jul 04 ... 132.25
Jul 11 ... 132.75
Jul 18 ... 132.25
Jul 25 ... 130.25

Aug 01 ... 128.75
Aug 08 ... 130.1
Aug 15 ... 128.00
Aug 22 ... 128.75
Aug 30 ... 130.50 post-vacation weigh-in

Sep 05 ... 130.00
Old 09-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
Ta-Da, just wanted to tell you that you are my idol. I only hope I can beat my depression and become as active, healthy and fit as you are.

Great job maintaining your weight on vacation!
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #738

Awwww Thanks Mandy You know, it is a continuous battle ... I think as long as we keep trying, keep the focus on positive goals, we will move forward, even if progress seems s-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w. What's a couple of years in the scheme of things??!!

Pauline
Old 09-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #739
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

You are my idol too (not trying to ride on anyone's coat tails here!)

Thanks for the journal it helps me everytime I read it!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #740

Thanks Quizz! Glad you like my journal!! Pauline

September 8, 2008

Friday, the date of my last journal entry, I overate, stopping just short of a full-blown binge, to the tune of 3000 calories and 120 net carbs. I am doing well, on plan since my overeating Friday night, but

.. my weight is down over a pound since Friday, close to 2 pounds since vacation weigh-in a week ago (128.75). It is very strange, especially considering that I took an additional exercise rest day on Friday - so it has been 3 days in a row without exercise.

Rather than doing anything willy nilly that could backfire on me, I am just going to go ahead with the plan to take an additional exercise rest day once a week - probably Thursdays - and see what happens on official weigh-in day - Friday.

Why was Friday night not considered a full-blown binge? I was not in a haze like a drugged person - and it just felt different. Do not get me wrong. I am unhappy about it and need to find a solution to this behaviour - I am thinking on it some and may have come up with something, but will think on it little longer as it will involve my next change if the exercise rest day does not halt weightloss (which obviously from this weekend's experience, it does not look like it will by itself).

Feeling like not going this morning, but too bad!!! I've been having a lot of procrastination lately ... Oh Well!!! Off to the gym!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:04 AM   #741

september 9. 2008

Some online friends mentioned their 6th grade weigh-ins the other day and I realized that I might have my weigh-ins from grade school. Years ago my mother gave me my handwritten school records. So I looked at it yesterday and there they were. The stats I have are from Kindergarten through 6th grade taken every September. I did the calculations* and sad to say, I was not overweight as I remembered. I was obese from at least Kindergarten.

It puts things into perspective for me. I was obese for 38 years. I've only been in the realm of "normal" for five, and most of those five years have been spent losing weight. Of course it will take time to figure out how to maintain. Of course I am going to have to continue monitoring my weight. Of course I will have to continue to watch what I eat and to exercise. Of course there is damage done by being very big for so long.

I see expectations out there that these "costs" are unnacceptable. This is just reality. Reject reality and you reject success. Are you really willing to trade transformation for the ability to cry that you are "right" about the unfairness of it all? Yeah, it sucks that you can't maintain your weight on hostess twinkies, but remaining a prisoner of your body sucks more. You just have to accept the costs for what they are and move forward. I can tell you, it is worth it.

* BMI and percentiles are calculated differently for children than they are for adults. I used the calculators for children on a teen weightloss site here:

Weight Percentile and BMI Calculator
Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #742

September 10, 2008

Today was great .. well, good, lol! The last few days I had been feeling really guilty, worried, uneasy about cutting out an additional day of exercise, but today those feelings just vanished somehow. After spending so long in a routine, where the end desired result was such a "large target" - you know, just lose weight, any amount and it's all good - it just feels counterintuitive to do some of these things, like cut out exercise for my own good ..

Today I found my food was down to 1900 calories because I had to eat what I could find in the fridge - and yeah, it's only another 100 calories to 2000, the level I was eating, but to figure out if taking the exercise day will help stabilize my weight, I have to keep the food steady ... like in a science experiment where you only change one variable .. so I had some almonds even though I was not hungry at all.

Things were like a simple math equation for so long. Eat x calories, y carbs, with z exercise and you lose weight .. that it is very trying not to be able to rely on it now - even though I know it is just a matter of time before I am back to a simple equation ...

Control Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Love your new avatar! Is that in Mexico?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #744

Thanks Dianne! Yep, on the beach building a giant sandcastle with my youngest daughter Wish I was there today, lol!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #745
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Ta Da! I wish you all the best on your exercise days. I would like to follow your menu plan for myself. May I ask to see a copy?

Charlotte
Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #746

Charlotte .. I'd be happy to let you see my "menu" but it's aimed at maintenance, not weightloss and includes some foods I would not recommend unless you have gone up the carb ladder etc - lc pitas, cheerios (breakfast cereal), and others a person would need to test out before they rely on them - lc protein bar. I still seem to lose at this level and will be looking to change soon - probably add another 200 calories, by taking out one of the protein bars and substituting something else that is higher calorie ..

Here is a menu from when I still had some re-bound weight to take off:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...e-pauline.html

My menu then was about 1700 - 1800 calories, 70 net carbs.

My menu now is about 1900-2000 calories, 85 net carbs.

hth!

Pauilne
Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 AM   #747
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks Pauline!

So How is everything else? How are you feeling?

I was really relating to what you said about being weighed every year by the school nurse. I dreaded that day every year!

XX
Old 09-12-2008, 04:35 AM   #748

De Nada, Charlotte! I am doing great! How are things going for you??!!

September 12, 2008

Friday weigh-in day and my weight is down again. Goal weight is 130-135 and I am down to 128.5 (And I have water weight in my chest, so my real weight is likely less than that). Last week I decided to take out a day of exercising and that worked just fine. I am going to give it another week and then add in some more food to slow down weightloss - probably I'll just change my breakfast to something bigger.

But I have really cool news! I took measurements this morning and if I compare them to measurements from 2 years ago at this weight (I only take measurements sporadically - and it was the only record I had at this exact weight), I have gone down in bodyfat percentage at the same weight and gained 2 pounds of LBM (muscle). That is cool!!! and it explains how come I am into size 4s at this weight.

Goal Range: 130-135

Jun Average ... 132.00
Jul Average ... 131.75
Aug Average ... 129.25

Aug 22 ... 128.75 pre-vacation
Aug 29 ... 130.50 post-vacation
Sep 05 ... 130.00
Sep 12 ... 128.5
Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 AM   #749

September 14, 2008

In thinking about how hard I have worked out the last two years, I started thinking that 2lbs of muscle gained was really not all that much, and probably had to do with still eating at just below maintenance level for most of the time - as good gains in muscle generally require extra calories - so I became curious as to the comparison of my stats from the beginning, pre-Atkins and well, I think my stats prove to me the case for exercise as an important addition to any wol.

I really am just amazed to look at this - I have kind of ignored my beginning stats the last two years as old news .. I think we all get into that "What have you done for me lately" mode and it is good to step outside of our current goals and needs so we can truly appreciate our total achievement. This makes me very happy ..

Then:
236.5 lbs
63.9% bodyfat
85.3 pounds of muscle

Now:
128.5 lbs
22.3% bodyfat
99.8 pounds of muscle

That is a gain of 14.5 pounds of muscle in the last five years

If I had not exercised, and simply lost "weight" and maintained my 85.3 pounds of muscle (which is unlikely on a reducing diet), even at 128.5 lbs, I'd currently be at 33.5% bodyfat instead of 22.3% bodyfat ... BUT I'D WEIGH THE SAME when I got on the scale - and that is assuming I did not lose any muscle.

I really do not understand how people can maintain that losing weight is more effective without exercise. Do they not understand the difference between fat and muscle?

Thank God I did not allow myself to fall into that kind of easy justification for my own tendency to take it easy. I could have easily fallen into that kind of thinking.

14.5 pounds of new muscle!!!!! Happy day
Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #750

September 14, 2008 evening

My eldest dd who also eats as a vegetarian woke up this morning and said she wanted me to make stirfried tofu and green peppers ... nothing else, so we had that for dinner tonight. For them I made it over brown rice with a commercial teryaki sauce .. they thought it was great ... but MINE came out fantastic!!!!!!!!!! I ate it over a plate of shredded sauteed cabbage with nothing but a little soy sauce and now I sit wondering why it took me 5 years to figure out how awesome sauteed cabbage is as a stirfry base??!!! (and that a food processor makes an awesome cabbage shred!)

My youngest loved the cabbage too ... lol!! She is such a wacky kid!!! She asked me if I would pack it for her for school lunches She already takes a hardboiled egg as a snack and could care less what any of the other kids say she loves them so much.