Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
June 13, 2008

Whoa! Multo Mojitos!! They came out pretty good .. dh is just slurping them up, lol! Anyhoooooo, here is my final recipe for a baked flax muffin which I developed from the one minute flax muffin in order to make enough for a week. I bake a batch of 16, but this could easily be made in a batch of a 12. I substituted egg white for whole eggs in the interest of calories and th butter content could probably be lessened as well. The raspberry and cinnamon kinda give it the taste of a plain donut ... remember those? lol! Anyhooooo, here it is a major food group for me .. I eat two a day

Baked Flax Muffins

wet ingredients:
2 sticks butter
3 cups egg whites
1/4 cup davincis raspberry syrup
.75 teaspoon liquid splenda (sweetzfree or sweetwater)

dry ingredients:
4 cups ground flax meal
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
4 T cinnamon

1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Pour all the wet ingredients into a mixing bowl, except the butter.
3. Cut off a small slab of the butter and grease your muffin pan.
4. Melt the remaining butter in the microwave, and allow to cool some.
5. Pour the slightly cooled, but still liquid butter into the other wet ingredients.
6. Measure out and mix the dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.
7. Mix the bowls of wet and dry ingredients together well. Now scoop into the greased muffin pan.
8. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.

16 muffins
270 calories, 1.25 net carbs, 21 gm fat
12 muffins
361 calories, 2 net carbs, 28 gm fat
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #602

June 14, 2008

We went out to eat today to celebrate Father's Day early and went to Chili's as I knew I could behave there, lol!! I want to make sure my add-ins work without throwing unknown variables into the mix. I find myself in Maintenance eating attitude right now and I just know if we go certain places, like to Indian, I will want some borderline foods, or untested Ladder foods, like veggie pakora made with chickpea flour ...

At Chilis, I went online to the menu to select a meal and I actually ate an induction worthy meal and it was just delicious, probably high calorie though. It was the Cedar Plank Tilapia, with 2 veg sides. I highly recommend it altrhough the fish portion was half the size of what I would have eaten at home -- but much more butter and oil in the dish than at home, of course!

Later on I did some tidying and hedge clipping at the front of the house which makes me happy! I just wish I could buy some flowers etc to really make the entrance look great, but we are losing a tenant and it appears no one is looking for apartments in this economy! oh well! I think I'll go to the rental and see if any of my old perennials survived among the weeds at the side and I'll just scrounge 'em and plant them up - I know I'll figure out something cheap, I always do!

Old 06-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #603

June 15, 2008

I started to have a panic attack last night but did not really recognize it for what it was until this morning, when it began again. My heart started racing, my respiration went up and I started having paranoid thoughts about anything my mind could seize on. I took 2 kava kava and it just went away like that. I have not had these episodes too often without a stressor anymore. I used to have them all the time before I started lowcarbing.

Back then I did notice I would get crazy and have panic attacks around TOM especially. I wonder if this is some perimenopause hormone-type thing or does it have any relation to adding additional cheerios to my daily intake for the last 2-3 days ... I went from my usual half cup to a whole cup, and although the carb level is not abnormal for me, the quantity of whole grain (on a daily basis) is. Well, I will just wait and see, but I am going to write both things into my calendar where I try to figure out trends, etc for weightloss and maintenance.

Today was a rainy day so I got back to printing out my copy of Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I am going to have it bound at Staples once I am done, so I can read it whenever! lol! I am particularly interested in his concepts of maintenance and I came upon his idea of carb cycling to build muscle. It is an interesting theory whereby every four days, or some such (depending on your needs), you carb up slightly in order to build glycogen stores to support heavy exercise. I wonder if that is what I inadvertently did during those two weeks when I binged twice and ended up losing more weight than usual (?).

It is not something I would be comfortable trying for weightloss when I have mastered Atkins and weightloss under Atkins. In any case, I am in my goal weight range. However, as a model for Maintenance, it could be very interesting. Some concepts integral to Venuto's Carb Cycling plans in chapter 12 intrigue me:

Carb Tapering: Add any "good" carbs in during the morning, before 3:30 for Maintenance, before 12:30 for Weightloss. Afterwards, eat Atkins-induction/lower carb ladder - style.

Fat Burner v. Sugar Burner: When you are exclusively lc, your body adapts to burn fat very efficiently which is just great, except that when you do eat high-carb after being on lowcarb continuously, you have a very negative response because the body has become inefficient at using carbs for energy. According to Venuto, your body does not know what to do with them and you blow up and re-gain quickly .. his answer: carb cycling.

Carb Cycling a la Venuto: Carb load every fourth day and your depleted muscles will soak up the carbs to re-supply your glycogen stores. This, of course, helps fuel your exercise and muscle-building. Repeated cycling will make your body efficient at managing both fuel sources: fat and carbs.

This plan of three "lowcarb" days, one "higher carb" day, will get one leaner and leaner. If weightloss is too fast or too much, you either increase carbs overall or possibly three lowcarb days followed by three higher carb days. In other words, you tinker with your plan much the way we do on Atkins to get an optimum result ... in my case Maintenance pretty please .. with maybe a trimmer body.

Venuto's idea of high carb/low carb is:

lower carb
Protein: 45%
Carbs: 30% (on 2200 maintenance calories = 165 gm carbs!!)
Fat: 25%

higher carb
Protein: 30%
Carbs: 50% (on 2200 maintenance calories = 275 gm carbs!!)
Fat: 20%

Okey dokey smokey ... I cannot see myself eating fat that low or carbs that high, lol!! but the whole idea is something to ponder perhaps to try on my own terms ... where 75 net carbs is a low day and ... a high day? I dunno! lol!

I guess I need to do some reading on the carb cycling threads here on LCF to see what my fellow lowcarbers are doing. I still intend to carry on with the plan I laid out a few days ago, which is in line with the carb tapering concept, but this is something to possibly consider going forward -- as I do not feel the need for higher carb (a la Dr. Atkins, of course) on a daily basis ... Brown rice, brown bread and sweet potatoes sound great as sometimes food, but do not leave me salivating and just wanting to add them in every day, lol! And things I love, like popcorn and sweet potato chips are foods I cannot portion control enough to have them in the house all the time. Higher fat, now that I really like and am able to eat in moderation! lol! Pauline the Science Experiment continues onward

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-15-2008 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: formatting
Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 320/210/220
WOE: Starting Leptin Rx Nov 2011
Start Date: July 4, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
June 15, 2008

I wonder if this is some perimenopause hormone-type thing or does it have any relation to adding additional cheerios to my daily intake
And I thought it was strange to wonder if a B12 shot effected my taste buds.
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #605

Rich!!!!! Yah, funny huh!! But the panic attacks went away when I started lc'ing so ... ?! Actually I was recently accused of treating my wol like a science experiment .. and I think my friend was dead-on!!! lol!!!! Way too much pondering about the meaning behind random life stuff ... well, at lest I'm in excellent company!!!

Hope your taste buds are recovering nicely ... or not if that's how you like it
Old 06-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #606

June 16, 2008

It has been a crazily hungry day today!!! I have not had one of those in like almost two months ... so I ate some extra celery and had hot tea and wrote "hungry" in big letters on my calendar entry for today and felt like I had done something about it ... I'd have simply eaten a nice chunk 'o protein and solved it quickly, but I am back in scientific mode trying to figure out if adding the extra cheerios is the way to go or not ... and changing anything else in my daily menu messes up my results - <bleh>

Three of my newer gym friends have insisted I come to their aerobics class tomorrow despite my claims of uncoordinatedness ... I finally bowed to the pressure when they said that they are usually the only ones who show up for the class ... I promised to provide entertainment for all ... should be interesting!!! lol!!! Just hoping to survive (and that they don't have the BeeGees -on speed- as background music like they did in my strength class last week) ..

Wish me luck!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Pauline,

Got a question for you. In recent years I have developed a fear of heights (almost paralyzed driving across a very high bridge a few years ago) and a fear of confined spaces. These started about 10 years ago and have gotten a little more intense over time. I may have had a little fear of heights earlier, but not that bad.

Your post about panic attacks made me wonder if this could be food related. Have you come across anything about fear of heights and confined spaces being related to foods?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #608

Rich, I haven't really come across anything from any mental health professionals or books that I have read other than the link below ... but I think I am not the only one here on LCF, who - anecdotally - as a result of switching to lowcarb eating, has experienced relief from panic attacks and, in the case of women, pms symptoms (which, in my case anyhow is like manic paranoid "venting" you can't control yourself from doing ... it is very intense and the term pms somehow seems inadequate for such violent feelings ... definitely a hormone-induced mental health issue):

Panic Attacks and hypoglycemia caused by eating a high-carbohydrate diet - Second Opinions, UK

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...e-anxiety.html

I also noticed in reviewing some of my older posts - one on female problems, lol - that someone mentioned fish oil as a possible help for panic attacks ... might be worth a google. Myself, I eat large quantities of Flax which also have the omega 6s that seem to be the active ingredient in the fish oil ..

I'd be very interested in anything you do discover! I was pretty shocked to have a panic attack again after so long! lol!! and, although I managed to cope this time, really do not look forward to repeating the experience!!!

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-17-2008 at 10:11 AM..
Old 06-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the links. I have always been uncomfortable at heights - heck, I always hated the ferris wheel. I remember being on the roof of a 6 story building and I was fine looking off into the distance, but very nervous if I stood at the edge and looked down. But I was just nervous, not in a state of panic.

One day I take my convertible out for a drive in the country. Sun shining, beautiful day, and I stop for seafood for lunch. Everything's fine. Coming back I have to go over a bridge. No concern at all - I drive over bridges all the time. But I guess this one was a little steeper and a little higher than the bridges I normally cross.

The speed limit is 55 and I am doing 55. All of a sudden I start to feel like my car is being drawn toward the edge. I slow down to 45 and am OK for a little while. Then I start feeling my car being drawn toward the edge again. I notice I am gripping the stearing wheel tightly and looking straight ahead - too nervous to even look in the rear view mirror. Force myself to look in mirror and see several cars lined up behind me. Slow down to 40 and finally reach the crest of the bridge. Just in time because I was getting close to stopping and getting out of the car. Once I started down I was fine.

This has only happened 3 times on bridges and 2 were short enough that I had no trouble toughening it out. But this one I avoided ever since. I have driven across some bridges that were high but very gradual and I did fine.

I get the same feeling when driving in the mountains. When the side just drops off into nothing I start feeling like the car is being drawn toward the cliff. Feel like I don't have control of the car. If I slow down enough, I am OK, but I am amazed at the cars that go flying by me.

I think my fear might be related to the steepness of the bridge or the road. I guess something in my brain doesn't like that extra variable. Steep and short or long and gradual both work. Just can't be steep and long.

I do take Omega 3-6-9 daily and have been taking it for several years.

Leptin is Cool
Old 06-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #610

oooh Rich ... I can so understand the feeling you describe - sends shivers up my spine because it does sound like my panic attacks. I am really sorry I guess if it is diet or intake-related, you'll probably figure it out simply by the absence of the symptoms in those situations .. some help, I know!!!

I will say that taking the kava kava immediately stops that panic feeling ... the feeling that is like a buzzing in my blood or veins, is all I can liken it to. It is like a narcotic though. Have you mentioned it to your doctor? Maybe he/she can give you something that does the same thing but is safe, approved, etc etc for when th event occurs or you know you are about to go somewhere that could have an effect on you? Just a thought.

P
Old 06-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #611

June 17, 2008

Class went fine, lol! but God save me from grapevine and dance moves ... Maybe I'll do it on occasion for the company, but my 1 mile run afterward .. now that was heaven! and I ran pretty darn fast ... I guess it must have to do with being at goal weight .. how funny, even an extra 5 pounds really makes a difference in performance. No wonder the real serious runners are so teensy ... ah well, no danger of me turning into on of those any time soon .. heh heh ..

I am reading one of my mystery books, Mad Money by Linda L. Richards and during a scene in it, the main character says:

" ... it's moments like these that make you you realize that anthropologists are dead wrong about the history of mankind. At one point, no matter what they all tell us, we were herd animals. We all live with the fear of being discovered as not quite fitting in with the group. We're afraid that, should the leaders discover this, they'll turn and kill us. With their bare hands or teeth or hooves, or other sharp, pointy animal bits ..."

It just struck me as a kind of primal animal feeling that does / or has affected me throughout my life - and is something I just need to be aware of so that I can stand outside myself at time and point out behavior and feelings (binge trigger-type ones) that have no basis in logic. That kind of thing really helps me ... like me recognizing the hungry day yesterday as being an anomaly because I had kind of bookmarked it in my brain ..

<bookmarking "herd instinct" ... will keep an eye out for those times that Pauline the Sheep surfaces ... and promptly transform her into Super Loner Sheep, Sheep of Many Herds, or Sheep Without a Care, or something like that>
Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #612

June 18, 2008

Well my weight is down some more to 130.75 and I have added the half cup of cheerios (to make one full cup), as well as a protein bar during my workout to bring my totals to about 2000+ calories, 80-5 net carbs. I am now finding I can barely choke down my late afternoon snack being as I feel full. I want to continue like this for a bit though to see what effect it has on me. The amount of food and the type of food suits me just fine - actually much better now that I have more food around my workouts! If I can eat like this and then maybe have one high calorie/high carb meal a week and still stay at goal, I'll be quite happy food-wise!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #613

June 19, 2008 **RED ALERT**

**RED ALERT****RED ALERT****RED ALERT****RED ALERT****RED ALERT****RED ALERT**

Impending Social Situation ... 45 minutes from now ... pizza party and yes, there will be hors d'oeuvres and adult conversation involved ...

Plan of attack:

1. Eat dinner before party starts
2. Our contribution to be platter of shrimp with cocktail sauce
3. Party Eating Plan: Take plate, add 4 of the shrimp, add celery sticks (from purse).
4. Eat while everyone else eats.
5. Surreptitiously remove flax muffin from purse.
6. Eat while others eat their desserts.
7. There will be absolutely no nibbling on anything else not mentioned in this list. Pauline, that means, no strawberry or two, no chunks of lc-legal cheese, no extra veggies from others' veggie platters. You will not eat anything but 4-5 shrimps, celery, and a flax muffin.
8. You will promptly report back in here following said party.

(wish me luck!! there will be tortilla chips and guac and salsa and cheese and ... all the things I start to let myself have on social occasions ...)
Old 06-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #614

June 19, 2008 Update

I did fine at the party! Yay me!! There was no cheese ... which I think is my big downfall at these events!! <phew>

Good Day Today! I used the Byrd Mill peanut flour for the first time. Since my late afternoon snack was hard to eat the othr day (3 hb eggs), I made a glass of 1% milk with whey protein powder and a couple tablespoons of the peanut flour and it went down nicely! lol!! Feeling really great at this weight. I don't think I've felt that for the last couple of years at "goal." It took losing lower and then gaining above it (131 lbs) to realize that this is it.

Yep! Good Day!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #615

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
well done Pauline. I would have eaten veggies and shrimp and lots of berries. I would never have managed to eat so carefully.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
I knew you could do it,...even if there had of been cheese there. When I read about having a muffin in your purse, I knew you had the whole evening "in the bag"!!! Well done you!
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #617

Thanks Deb .. Still having to eat carefully in order to figure out how to stay here.

Awww Thanks Mavis! Tho' I gotta say, I came to the conclusion last night that "Cheese is my Kryptonite" .. truly!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #618

June 20, 2008

I was reading an old Family Circle magazine at the dentist's today waiting to get my teeth cleaned and there was an article talking about calories and how our body registers them and feels fullness or satiety and a research study was quoted that basically said that calories (i.e. carbs too probably) taken in liquid form - as drinks, most notably sft drinks - do not register in our minds as food calories even though they are just as capable of making us gain weight as a solid food source. interesting! I did notice that this week. The one day I had a whey protein drink with milk and peanut butter flour, I did not feel as full as when I had 3 boiled eggs with similiar amounts of calories and carbs ..

I think I will not repeat the whey drink as an afternoon snack again and stick with solid food and tea from now on Here's to another great weekend!!!!

P
Old 06-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #619

June 21, 2008

Very very tired ... very very happy ... although trying to just be cautiously optimistic as either thing could fall through, lol:

1. I think I rented the apartment and like the folks who want it .. I will celebrate when the lease is signed! and then again when they actually move in ... Got screwed really really bad last summer ...

2. DH *started* to power wash the house as he promised to paint it this summer when I flipped out on my birthday, lol! .. I'll believe it when I see it .. but it is a start ..

OK, off to bed with fingers, toes and others things crossed. Food on plan! Go Me!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/197/145 5'3 3/4"
Hope everything goes well with your rental. I'm sure that will be a big relief!

I enjoy reading about your scientific food experiments. Isn't nice to be at a place of peace so that you can think logically about your food intake? I think that is what is/was so hard about bingeing....there is no peace/there is no logic. I think both those things lead to a lack of control. And we all know how well we do with that, right? LOL Kudos for all your hard work! Go, Pauline!
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #621

Thanks Elizabeth ... Yeah, I don't think anyone but a binger can relate to the relief of being out of binge-mode, no matter what else is going on with our weight. Having the monster at bay is a big motivator for me!!!!

June 22, 2008

So, it would appear I still lose weight perceptibly at this calorie level ... around 2000 calories 75-85 net carbs and that is good! The reason I have been concerned with following my intake so carefully the last couple of weeks ... Friday I take off for my parents' house and typically I binge there for three weeks every year from stress and boredom. I have had the plan to "food schedule" where I know exactly what times of day I eat and that has been my hope for overcoming the constant grazing. Now, at least, I know my two daily add-ins are fine! That is really good news for me because I have typically been very hungry in the mornings due to my workouts.

This experiment also means I can allow myself to try having a single restaurant meal per week that is high carb (or higher carb) and likely maintain at these levels. In any case, I am at the bottom of goal weight range, so I should be able to weather a day or two of higher scale weight. I am a little nervous, but I really think the food scheduling thing will help me immensely during my usual tough 3 weeks! and I'm even a little excited about it. Now, if I can only find an exercise routine I am happy with while I'm down ther ... the gym is a little lame and the classes are just too full of people .. and I know too many people I'd be embarassed to do a class with ... the gossip down there flies thick ...

Anyhooooo, I think I'll google some exercise alternatives for when I'm down there ...

Old 06-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #622

June 24, 2008 Morning

Well, I thought I ate a lot yesterday .. in addition to my usual with the new add-ins, I had a pile of strawberries and some mashed turnip. My numbers ended up being: 2148 calories, 86 net carbs ... and my weight is down another half pound this morning to 129.75 which is below goal range ..

I can't see having a restaurant meal before this coming weekend, so today I am bumping up my food to 2323 calories, 116 net carbs, with a 2 oz serving of sweet potato chips at lunchtime right after my workout when my body will still be using excess carbs to get glycogen into the muscles and ferry protein to repair and build muscle tissue ... that is the theory anyhow. Carbwise, I could do a banana instead, but it it is still low calories and ... I like my morning add-ins and it just does not appeal to me at any of those meals. I'd have it later in the day, but the idea is to have any large carb add-ins earlier in the day ... anyhow! I can afford for the weight to bump up from water weight and it will be interesting to see what exactly it does!!

As far as the rental ... getting this lease signed is dragging on way too long for me! and I am feeling stressed about it, becasue I leave Friday for Connecticut. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have everything sewed up! Off to do some repair odds and ends at the rental and to work out ..
Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #623

Pauline how did you decide what your goal weight range should be? I am 5' and muscular. I weigh 120 and wear size 4s and some 2s yet I have this idea I need to be around 116. I still see tummy I want to get rid of but really don't mind the way I am now. I am stuck at 120. I may see 119 for a day but the scale likes 120.I am back to weighing daily and know I shouldn't.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #624

You know Debbie, at a certain point, you just have to make peace with your body and decide on a weight. When I got to 123, size 2 and 4, I was happier with my body, but my face looked too thin - bony even. So many many people were telling me that, I knew it simply could not be ulterior motives, lol! I am also very muscular, so that is part of it, but fact is, body fat percentage and muscle percentage is more relevant to anything than actual scale weight is.

I knew at 135, my original goal, I still did not like the way my pants fit. At 130 I really do like the way my clothes fit and my face is thin but not gaunt. If I continue trying to "lose weight" I am really only trying to chase an impossible dream. I already look great. The bits of me I am unhappy with will not change unless I become someone like Cher, and have surgery to change myself into the perfect "me." The most fit, the most "perfect weight" woman does not have a perfect body.

To keep chasing some ideal scale weight is not only unrealistic a lot of the time but, I think, can lead us down the road to eating disorder .. because no matter how much we "lose," it will never do what we think it ought to be doing for us ..

My advice, sure, get to 116 if you want to see what it is like on you, but if you are unhappy with the results, know that getting down any further is very unlikely to change what you see in the mirror.

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-24-2008 at 08:05 AM..
Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #625

Thanks Pauline.When I was 112-114 I was often told I was too thin. Funny thing is I would have considered that weight too high when I was in my early 20s. Since having kids 115 was a good weight for me.

My face doesn't get too thin but people say my body gets more little boy like when I get too thin. Weird because I have curves and definitely have a chest.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #626

Another thing to consider Deb ... clothes. If you get to 116, that'll probably put you in all size 2s ... which can be a little limiting in the clothing stores, I found. At the end of the day, you have to be happy with yourself - and that is not an easy thing to achieve. It's something I have been working on - and probably the only way to achieve happiness and not doom yourself to a life of unending diet ..

Myself, I do not need to "pig out" for normalcy. I need to reach an end to worrying about weight ... I guess that's what drives my approach to all this.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #627

I will not diet. I eat healthy and try to make the best choices possible at the time. If I stray off my plan so be it but I get right back to eating healthy. There is no science to my eating except calories in and out and trying to make what I eat healthy 90% of the time. I may have something that isn't the best choice but it is because I won't deny myself constantly either. I am all about trying to find balance in my life this year. I am running no more then 4 days. I hit also the gym 2-3 days a week. I am trying to do more cross training. I am happy and I feel good until I see pictures were my tummy flab shows up. Believe me it isn't pretty. It puts me right back into the mode to diet if need be pretty quick but nothing long term because I like to eat and I eat alot!

I have been as much as 35 pounds over weight. I do fear getting to that point again. I have gained a good 10 pounds back many times over and never can get quite down to my goal weight but I don't want to eat less. I also know that weight is horribly hard to maintain. At 5' and 116-119 pounds I probably can't eat much over 1800 calories and that isn't really alot of food at all.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #628

I know Debbie ... I have many moments where I wish I was 5'8" tall, lol!!! There are a number of women in my family who are 5' and well, others who are taller, have no idea how hard it is to keep the weight down and keep to such a small amount of food .. but hey, we have it made when we go to a broadway show or are stuck in an airplane seat and have tons of room
Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #629

June 25, 2008

What a week it has been! Bottom line: Apartment is rented for a year and I am coping with all the other stuff that just crept up this week ... like now doing my work out at 6 am because my kids' camp was moved to start next week

Eating over 100 net carbs made me moody and feel hunger pains I never feel! when combined with 1) Finding out camp was cancelled, 2) missing my workout that day, 3) the prospective tenants were making me crazy giving me the run around and palpitations .. is this a definitive "no, I don't want to eat over 100 net carbs"? I won't say that quite yet as testing such a thing on the day from hell is not exactly a great idea ... but i will say my enthusiasm for higher carb days just ain't what it was, lol!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/197/145 5'3 3/4"
Yeah! The rental is rented! I love this quote: Never question in the dark what you know to be true in the light. You are very wise, evaluating carb/calorie counts on day like you had yesterday is not a good idea.

Hope today goes better for you!
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote