Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Hippiegirl, those avocado oopsies look really perfect for me!! Very cool! Thanks so much for linking for me, I totally would have missed that post!! I eat avocado a few times a week!

May 31, 2008

Something strange. I feel changed somehow and it has to do with a confluence of events where people have been so kind to me and so positive about the change in me with the weightloss. I have been hearing these things now for four years - over four years - but somehow it has taken me this long to really really accept that yes, this is me and I *am* the "impressive" person some people think that I am - my coach is not in danger of turning back into a pumpkin any minute. It is some kind of loop where I receive support and praise and in turn I radiate confidence which has somehow translated to more new friends than ever before in my life.

I sit here wondering why I ever worried about my 25th highschool reunion and what to wear, etc. I found something appropriate in my closet. As a friend said to me, you will have a great time and look great no matter what you wear. And she is right. I am OK - from every standpoint. I accept myself. I do not need to impress anyone. I am normal. I am funny. I am smart. Of course people will like me .. it sounds so silly and strange, but this is confidence I have never had in my life. I always worried a lot about others and actually, that has been one source of bingeing for me - being around others and feeling unaccepted, not ok. I was wrong. Those people were obviously not the people for me. In future, I have to get myself out of situations and away from people who make me feel like that.

Somehow I really really finally believe that yes, this is me and I do not have to "worry" about re-gaining weight because when it happens, and yes, it does happen, it will just come off again when I get back to "normal" - MY normal. Part of this is not weighing myself after an incident, like my four days in Ireland and just going back to my normal "slow weightloss mode" which for me is: 1700-1800 calories, 60-70 net carbs, ****** every day, and eat to a schedule of 4 big meals.

I am kind of going by how I feel and assuring myself that "no, I have not ruined anything," and that "no, I have not gained huge amounts of weight". Most importantly I am trusting myself, that all I need to do is to to do these things, exercise and eat properly, and everything will be ok.

My clothes still fit me. I am still confident that I look fine. Why ever should I let the scale mess with my head? When I weigh myself in a couple of weeks, the results will be the same as if I weighed often and tried to will the weight off -- I know through experience that it would not come off any faster, and (more likely the case), worrying about it would end in binge eating and simply going off in the entirely wrong direction weight-wise. I can get very obsessive over a half a pound.

I don't know how I have achieved this state of Nirvana, but it is one of the greatest feelings. I know I look good -- good enough -- and I accept myself and everything else just seems to fall into place. I wish this sense of peace on everyone, because you are ok too.

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Pauline - my longlost twin. I see myself in almost every post you write. I have not reached the state of Nirvana you are in now but am hoping for it in the future. We just got back from a graduation party where everyone was calling me skinny. I feltl like standing up and shouting "I am not skinny!" I don't see myself as thin yet and I know my mind needs the new picture of me. I still see myself as obese and have not accepted that I am a normal size. But your posts have helped me a lot. You are breaking the ground and I am following.

I am glad there were good things out of the trip to Ireland. I am sorry for the loss and hope your dh will feel comforted.

I love Ireland. I spent almost 2 weeks there about 7 years ago. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Take care and continue your insightful postings.

P.S. You will have fun at your high school reunion!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #573

Thanks so much Dianne I know what you mean about being called "skinny" .. I almost find it insulting now. I really do not like random people commenting on my body at all. At a certain point I wa nearly in tears when I was repeatedly told I was "too skinny," like Will I never have any peace? Do I always have to make the whole world happy? Can't they just leave me alone?!!! Must I have a LABEL??!!! I am a person for God's sake!!!! I only want to be known as Pauline - not the fat one, not the thin one, just Pauline.

I do not "feel" skinny either. I feel "normal," like as if, no one (myself included) should make any further demands on me. I am just right and that's that! And so are you Girl!!!!!!

Pauline
Old 06-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #574

June 2, 2008

Well! It's my five year Atkinsversary and I made my anniversary post over on the Main Board. I would never have believed it when I started that Monday in 2003 that I would be where I am today! It has been an eventful year for me and although it is far into the journey, there are some specific things I achieved this year:

* I came up with the idea of food scheduling, kind of along the lines of the mini-meals Tom Venuto and many others, including the binge eating professionals, advocate. It has been a very successful way to keep me on plan especially through times of upheaval. I have always found comfort in schedule and this has been a godsend for me this year.

* I decided on an actual Goal Weight - 130-135 - which oddly enough mirrors my original goal weight dreamed up in 2003! Based on me and how I look at different weights and not on anything else.

* I started to Bake Lowcarb Foods this year and made them an integral part of my diet and I have to wonder why I didn't try to find daily baked goods before, only making treats on special occasions!

* I read a number of Books on Binge Eating and really let the concepts and ideas sink in, using them to analyze my own behavior and I really feel I have moved to new levels. I do not even qualify technically as a binge-eater nowadays as my binges are too far apart to qualify me, lol! I have taken many of the tools to heart, especially the concept of the binge chain-of-events, that have helped immensely to bust any potential binges.

* I discovered a few Sources of Binge Eating and managed to eliminate many of them with solutions such as the first bullet above (the scheduled mini meals). Another solution addressed the stress I am under wrt to my rental properties by simply organizing a financial buffer should we need it as well as figuring out how to live on much less in times (like now) when I lose a tenant so that we do not have to dip into savings or the loan.

* I have a "Newly"-Discovered Binge Trigger - the "I'm not good enough - I don't fit in" binge. Only happened once this year, but I weirdly recognized the emotions from growing up and feeling alienated. And well, yeah, there is no solution really. I have been talking to myself about letting go from some of my illusions and delusions and the need to fit in sometimes when clearly I should be focusing my energies on the many people who value me rather than on just trying too hard to people-please everyone on earth .. It is the whole people-pleaser thing again and it only happened once this year, but it was an eye-opener as I suppose that is how I lived most of my life aside from the past few years and I DO NOT like that feeling and I DO NOT like that Me. That is NOT me.

It's been a pretty darn good fifth year full of discovery and progress!! Here's to Number 6!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #575
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
Happy Atkinsversary, Pauline! I'm so happy you're on this board - I've learned a lot from you - and also been inspired to learn a lot because of you, if that makes sense!

And I'm glad you liked the avo-oopsie idea - I thought of you as soon as I saw it. I'm going to have to try that one myself!

I'm happy that you're in a peaceful place in your journey - maybe you've "arrived"?

Very proud of you, and very admiring of you!
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Colo Alex
Stats: 297/231/<200 (6'0", 47 y.o.)
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Back on track 9/7/11
Happy 5th!! You are the best Pauline!!

Colo Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #577

Thanks guys HG, some days I think it's arrival - then other days, I think, maybe it's just a relief to not be weighing myself lately, lol!

June 3, 2008

I am sooooooooo tired! I got up at 5 this morning with the intention of running on my treadmill for an hour, but my foot hurt and I do not have equipment that suits the foot issue, so I just skipped it - aaack! So I missed 3 exercise days last week and 1 so far this week ... oh well!!

I saw the orthopedic surgeon and had xrays and, although I do have a heel spur, I am officially diagnosed with Plantar Fasciatis - it caused the spur, apparently. So I have some PT exercises to do for the Plantar Fascia and need to avoid my usual stretching which involves the achilles (for now). I also have a lovely boot - like a soft cast - I get to wear to bed for the next six weeks at least ... that should spice up the 'ol love life "Do What I Tell You, Or I'll Kick Your Ass With my Boot Honey!"

So I have another appointment in six weeks or so for further exercises, etc .. in the meanwhile I am going to do some online research on other treatments. I did rest it for a year and it did improve, but I really want to see what else there is out there. I am pleased the doc implied I'd be able to run again - more than the current 1-3 miles I have been running ... she is much more optimistic than I am ... yay!

The only bummer is she poked me in a very tender spot on my foot (I really did not realize it hurt there at all!!) and now my foot is realllllllllly sore. I hope the boot helps tonight and I don't have trouble working out tomorrow .. maybe I'll bring ice to the gym just in case.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #578

June 4, 2008

I woke up sick today with a bad sore throat, developed a headache at the gym, and later in the day, the ears started to hurt .. I'm thinking it might be seasonal allergies. I can't take antihistamines because they have a terrible side effect on me that is usually worse than the allergy attack, but I will definitely not tough out any headaches tomorrow and will take some tylenol or something! lol!!

I put together some outfits for dh for the reunion - we're both dressing just plain and simple which will make us feel comfortable. (although I have to say my version of plain and simple involves a silver silk shirt and killer heels, heh heh!) Saturday is supposed to be very hot - blech! Reading Alliecat's post about meeting up with highschool folk got me nervous again! I have had two such occasions recently where people did not recognize me and this time it'll be a roomful of people who will probably be surprised to see me as I am. I just want it to be like the last reunion I went to 10 years ago - we all had a blast, well, I did anyhow! I do not want to be any kind of attention draw ... hopefully someone will drive up in a ferrari and take the limelight.

Sleeping with the boot on was surprisingly ok! Luckily I tend to hang that foot out of the bed, so I didn't clobber anyone! I am really tired and looking forward to hopping into bed! Shopping should count as a sport ... I know I could go professional!

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-04-2008 at 04:49 PM..
Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Colo Alex
Stats: 297/231/<200 (6'0", 47 y.o.)
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Back on track 9/7/11
YOU take the limelight Pauline. You deserve it! Hell, I think you should rent a Ferrari too!!!

Hope you feel better soon.
Colo Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #580

heh heh Thanks Alex!! lol!!! I'd rent a ferrari but I'd probably crash it better stick to the toyota!!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #581

June 6, 2008

Well I'm packing for the reunion - going to try to leave the house by 4 .. We decided we might make it to the cocktail party tonight .. an hour and a half late .. but why not!! It is so great to be able to just reach in my closet and have clothes that fit well and look good. I think that is my biggest reward really - no longer feeling self-conscious all the time. It used to be 24/7 !!

At times in the last week, I have been annoyed that I have decided not to weigh at all until a week from today, but I do know it is the right decision considering the bad eating in Ireland and now this weekend, which, even if the food is 100% on track, there will be some drinking .. it is healthier for my head, not to worry about it, and to just continue to "do the right thing" with respect to eating and exercise.

When I weigh myself, I start to become dissatisfied with how I look - it really is strange, becasue I look no different when I do not know my weight, than when I do know my exact weight!

Anyhow, I will likely check in here and there over the weekend from my Dad's computer .. when I am on to log my ****** ..

Have an excellent weekend everyone!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline - I hear you about the weight. I think it is a good decision to wait and weigh yourself in a week.

Have a super time at your reunion. Isn't it nice to know that you can wear clothes and look good! It is fun being comfortable and confident in the clothes you wear. Before I hated going to social things because I was so self conscious. "Let your hair down and PARTY!" I will be looking forward to hearing about your fun time at the reunion. Plus let us see a pic or two or you in your "party" clothes! I am still waiting to see your new hairdo.

Last edited by NWLoser; 06-06-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Old 06-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PhiLee
Stats: 190/working on good habits/ 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
June 6, 2008

When I weigh myself, I start to become dissatisfied with how I look - it really is strange, becasue I look no different when I do not know my weight, than when I do know my exact weight!
Hi, Pauline!

This is sooo me. :blush: But I go to the extreme and ignore the scale until I'm forced to be back in weight- loss mode again.
PhiLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #584

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I avoided weighing and when I did get on the scale found I was right where I was months ago when I tried to lose a few. I never did but I have been watching what I eat and feel better. The scale is just a NUMBER!!!!!!

Have fun at your reunion. There will be lots of people there with thinning or no hair and larger physiques( did I spell that right).
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #585

Dianne, I tell you it is just great to feel like I can be myself ALL THE TIME .. It's like my entre life I was always worrying about something - making the right impression since I knew I could not look normal. It's like I always was trying too hard!

The hair, as it turns out pretty much looks the same as in my avatar, lol! Just a tad shorter ... and in this humidity, a little frizzy! Like an idiot, I forgot my camera, but hopefully, I'll get some sent to me!

PhiLee, I have done that before too. The difference right now is that I am eating to schedule and a food plan - that is why the "not weighing" works .. because I know I would not do anything differently were I weighing obsessively ... that is why I am bothering all the time to ****** and meticulously plan my food out. I know the alternative is carb/calorie creep and weight gain .. might be something to try?

Deb! It is great to just do what you do and not overthink it! I am so glad it is working for you

And you are so right about the "changes" in people .. I didn't recognize some gray heads at first last night, lol!!! But boy, did we have a blast! Today is really the official reunion and I found out that a bunch of my friends are coming, so it should be a good time
Old 06-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #586

who says I don't over think it. I try to be aware of everything I put in my mouth and I think is this a healthy choice and if it isn't is it such a small amount it won't do harm.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Hi, Pauline,
It looks like I've missed a lot! Happy, happy 5 year Atkinsversary! You are a treasure to all of us. Thank you for your generosity and wisdom and for sticking around to share it with us!

I hope that you are having a wonderful time at your reunion!

~Elizabeth
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:57 AM   #588

Deb .. the mental thing is probaably a lifelong battle for us! but at least, we're winning

Thanks Elizabeth!!

June 8, 2008

OK .. I / We had the best time at the reunion!!! We all could just not get enough of one another and at the function hall, we decided the tables were too far apart, so we all got up and pulled them together. As far as recognizing me, I did have to tell people who I was ... some of them recognized dh and told him that he had lost weight (which he has - but mostly he got very athletic muscular from a lot of soccer, running, and our gym time).

It was as good as it could have possibly been - we are all such good friends - it is like we never left high school. Beyond a word or two and some nice compliments, my weightloss was not an issue at all. A very funny thing - it was so darn hot, in the 90s, that I could not wear the outfit I had chosen to bring along for Saturday night!!! I ended up in a nasty white t-shirt, my nice black trousers and heels. I was anxious for about an hour about my outfit before we left the house - I guess that will never go away, lol! It's a girl thing! I know I looked nice though.

Afterward most of us went over to an outdoor bar where a band was playing ... and it was hysterically funny - they played heavy metal from the 80s!! Whitesnake, Van Halen, AC/DC, etc. They were all chunky middle-aged guys in tight jeans and leopard print, etc with long luscious locks. The lead singer wore tight lizard skin pants. It was just hysterical. We all sang and danced and I noticed this morning I have lost my voice, lol!

We are invited out onto one of the guys boats today that can take 18 passengers, so we might do that - I want to do it, but I don't know how dh is gonna feel about it .. I drank a lot last night and have only had three hours of sleep, so this should be very very interesting!! Two of the guys have children the same ages as ours and they tracked me down to make sure I was coming on the boat, lol!! so I do want to do it ... Anyhoooooo, we'll see.

Ate way too much breaded calamari appetizer, and the whole meal was actually too oily for me (and I love oil and butter!!), so probably high-cal! but it was the only "bad" meal of the weekend, so I am not too concerned about it.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Oh, Pauline, I'm so glad that it is going so well!

Hope you have a great time on the boat! How fun!
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:14 AM   #590

Thanks Elizabeth

June 10, 2008 Morning

Sunday was amazing! The boat was beautiful and the weather ws perfect! We ran to Walmart at 8 am Sunday morning to get the kids bathing suits and sunscreen and of course, once we moored the boat, they insisted on jumping into Long Island sound at all of 54 degrees ... the little one is just too little and not a good swimmer, so poor me jumped in after her -- it was kind of funny, because some of my girlfriends were just aghast, lol!! Two of the men came in afterward, but could not stick it out for more than a moment. There was some kind of current too. The children just would not get out, lol! And after 40 minutes in the drink, it took me a while to warm up despite the hot day. Anyhow, glad I went in, it really felt like the start of summer between the boat ride and the weather change!

I have decided I have a very specific problem that only surfaces in social situations. I will pick at food platters that I have identified as being "ok" until I have eaten way too many calories - it is almost the compulsive kind of "scarcity" or "social nerves" eating that got me so big in the first place. On Saturday night it was the huge platter of calamari, and on Sunday, it was cheese ... (I am thinking I need to ban myself from cheese altogether when at social functions). I am a little disappointed in myself, but, like the Ireland bad food, it is an isolated thing.

Luckily yesterday on plan went just fine, no cravings, etc., except for the scale. When I eat off plan, or just plain badly, I crave the scale .. probably to punish myself? or force a binge? Anyhow, I did not cave! and that is good!

On a sidenote, I am going to try and make sugarfree mojitos for Friday night dinner instead of the usual bottle of red wine (no more than two for me!!) ... it just feels like a summer thing to do! If anyone has any good ideas on this, or has done it before, let me know!!

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-10-2008 at 04:21 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PhiLee
Stats: 190/working on good habits/ 135
Quote:

June 10, 2008 Morning

I have decided I have a very specific problem that only surfaces in social situations. I will pick at food platters that I have identified as being "ok" until I have eaten way too many calories - it is almost the compulsive kind of "scarcity" or "social nerves" eating that got me so big in the first place. On Saturday night it was the huge platter of calamari, and on Sunday, it was cheese ... (I am thinking I need to ban myself from cheese altogether when at social functions). I am a little disappointed in myself, but, like the Ireland bad food, it is an isolated thing.
I'm realizing that this is part of my issue too, and it's a HUGE challenge. I tend to have a drink in my hand instead of food, or a drink in my hand that leads to food, IYKWIM. With 2 glasses of wine I can convince myself that a little breading won't hurt...or a lot won't.

Quote:
On a sidenote, I am going to try and make sugarfree mojitos for Friday night dinner instead of the usual bottle of red wine (no more than two for me!!) ... it just feels like a summer thing to do! If anyone has any good ideas on this, or has done it before, let me know!!
Yes, yes, I have done this and served sf ones to friends and they had no idea. The typical recipe is rum, mint, simple syrup, seltzer and limes. Instead of using the splenda and seltzer, we used diet 7up (diet sprite isn't as good). We also went crazy with the limes and mint, making sure to mash them together really well first before mixing them with the rum and diet 7up.

Glad you had a great time, Pauline! You deserve it.

Last edited by PhiLee; 06-10-2008 at 06:22 AM..
PhiLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline. It sounds like Sunday was a nice ending to the great reunion weekend! I heard on the news you are having hot weather. It is raining here and cold! I am going to take my mom, daughter and granddaughter to the coast tomorrow until Friday. The weather is suppose to warm up so I am sure keeping my fingers crossed. It would be nice to spend some warm time on the beach.

I know what you mean about social eating. I tend to do that also. The next social event I am going to bring my Coke Cherry Zero - several cans. Then I will have something sweet to drink and hopefully keep out of the food.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #593

Pauline, I feel you do the best you can in social situations. You can't shun them and it is hard to eat perfectly all the time so don't get down on yourself. I say start right back on plan as soon as you can and have a good time. In the end it is going back on plan that counts.

Sounds like your reunion was great. Did your husband go to High School with you. My husband went to neighboring HS and we lived around 3 miles apart but we never knew each other. Our paths crossed many times as we grew up but we never knew each other at all. I even went to the same summer camp and to many Bar/Bat Mitzvahs he was probably at. We didn't meet till I moved home from Boston in 1981.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #594

PhiLee Thankfully drink wasn't a factor on Sunday, or I'd probably have started opening the bags of tortilla chips I was eyeing on the boat!! lol!!! But I am the same way with drinking, and weighing less, I get intoxicated far quicker .. I have learned to limit myself to two glasses of wine at dinner or I'll raid the cabinets! Thanks for the mojito recipe! My loser supermarket did not have mint - blah! - so I'll have to go find some at another market, but otherwise I am all set!

Dianne Yeah the weather is unbelievably hot!! Like close to 100 degrees the last three days .. boy oh boy am I gald I bit the bullet and bought some shorts a few weeks ago!!! lol!!!

Deb Thanks Not to worry, I am not down on myself at all!! It is more the cool clear-headed observant voice with which I note this down ... I think not weighing has been helpful in that regard - allowing me to be clear headed about it, that is! lol!!! I just find it fascinating that I do not eat poorly when a social occasion involves a meal. I simply eat what I have brought or what is appropriate from the meal served. it is only when there are platters sitting around in front of me and others are grazing that I do it too. So, luckily, it is not even every social occasion, only certain ones!! The two times this Spring were occasions where maybe I felt under a little bit of stress too .. I just need to figure this stuff out - analyzing myself has always been very helpful for me.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #595

June 10, 2008

Hotter than hell the last few days and I realized something today. When I am at the right weight, I actually like the hot weather - weird!

Today dd, who was studying our highschool yearbook (she's 12), told me that my senior picture was the prettiest of all the girls .... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #596

yes, awwwwwwww.......
Old 06-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #597

June 11, 2008

I received a letter from my doctor telling me that all my test numbers were within normal limits .. he always does that, so I had to call and ask them to send me the actual numbers ... sheesh!!! I determined that they actually all do look good after checking the internet, but as usual my red blood cells and hemoglobin are at the lower limit of normal.

I tend to get borderline anemic, and once had a certain weird and efficient type of anemia, so this is good, although I thought the fact that I've been taking vitamins for a few years now would have brought them up higher, soooooo I looked up hemoglobin and anemia on medline.com. They mention nutritional deficiencies of iron, copper, folate, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 ... and also overhydration

Anyhooooooo, I thought I had at least the US RDA of all of those and had tried to make sure I was not taking any megadoses of anything when taking my foods into account due to all the fortification of foods, etc. but I guess it is time to review the vitamins once again! I suspect it will simply be to take an additional capsule of my stress iron +b and c which I believe has all the bs and folic acid - they want you to take 3 daily, but I have been taking one a day as my ****** vitamin numbers only seemed to require that much and I thought the full amount would be over-kill ... easily fixed I guess!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:21 AM   #598

June 13, 2008 Morning

I am in a huge state of disbelief. For two weeks I have not weighed myself. At normal levels, I should have lost 1.5 pounds. I lost 2.25 bringing me to 131.25 pounds this morning.

But that is not the shocking part - I had decided not to weigh myself for two weeks due to a binge in Ireland May 25-28. Drinking, lots of whole wheat brown bread, lots of potato chips and whiskey (medium-level binge-ing). I also missed five exercise days, and then binged (medium-level binge) at my reunion a week later - large amounts of calamari, whiskey, wine and large quantities of cheese (very high calories). I was certain my weight had gone up, not a weightloss, never mind a bigg-ish one!!!

I do not allow myself to do overly restrictive dieting as it results in binges for me, so for the time in between those episodes, I simply got back to my "slow weightloss" menu of 1750 calories, 60-70 net carbs - with no weighing allowed so I would not flip out and be seized by the never-ending binge.

Wow!!! I would never have dreamed it would be this successful. I was sure I would weigh 138-140 today, and had been preparing myself for that. This has been a very positive experience for me in that it reinforces for me the fact that not weighing myself and trusting myself "to do the right thing," can work spectacularly - especially since I depend on scheduled food. Also, that I can eat a little badly from time to time and that I **can** miss exercise days if totally necessary and still be within my five pound "Atkins buffer." The key for me, well and for everyone probably, is to make it the EXCEPTION and not the rule. Woot!!!!

Another issue ... I am close to rock bottom on the weight. I must add some food so as not to go too low - although I have been feeling "fat" the last day or two, or maybe "inadequate" is the right word - it is so hard to just come to the realization that there is no body perfection or perfect weight. I think it is the summer clothes thing. Anyhooooo, I decided to add an additional half cup of cheerios at breakfast to help fuel my morning and see how that works out for now I'll weigh again on Wednesday, and if I am the same, or down in weight, I will likely add a banana mid-workout ... that's the plan so far!

Oh Happy Day!!!

Last edited by TaDa!; 06-13-2008 at 04:23 AM..
Old 06-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #599

well done Pauline. You certainly can add that banana and cherrios especially if you are working out hard. I know you will add one at a time and wait two weeks and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #600

Thanks Deb

I actually already "added them in" a la carb ladder a few years ago .. I already eat cheerios daily, just upping the quantity a bit, so I think I am going to just do a few days on each to make sure the weight stays stable before I add both back in.

It's so weird, the only time of the day when I really want extra food is around my workout, so I am hoping this works out ok. I really really want the new food to be easy grab and go food and not another baked item, lol!! I already am a little obsesse4d with my flax muffins, lol! I'll probably post the recipe I came up with tonight - it's based on the one minute flax muffin, but is a baked version ..