Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo Alex View Post
It is 25 years for me this year as well. But my loser class probably won’t have a reunion. Of course, some of them probably won’t be able to get out of prison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo Alex View Post
There are a few friends I’d like to see but other than that, I’m good with where I am in life now. I don’t need their approval.

I’m sure you don’t either. Do what ever makes you happy.
You know, you are absolutely right Alex!! level-headed as always!!

Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Also, all of your after pictures are wonderful and you have accomplished a tremendous thing, but what keeps me around and reading your posts is your kindness, your willingness to help, and your wisdom. There are plenty of people who have reached goal and are thinner than average, but the advice they dish out is not mete out with kindness. If you are in real life what your are here, I think people will be amazed by the transformation and will see that you "wear it well."
Thanks Elizabeth. That means a lot. You are very sweet ... it is weird how we can know our own value as human beings, but, in my case anyhow, how certain people and situations just leave me at a complete loss ... I really have to get over this - in general - it caused me to binge this month after almost three months of totally clean eating ... oh well, the challenges never end do they??!! lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
I understand about the questions.....My mom asked me the other day how much I had lost. I just cringed and said, "A lot." I know I post it here and am proud of it, but what does it really matter in real life? I resent the questions sometimes, too. I am the same person. Unfortunately, I have the same old hang ups I've always had, I just don't eat to try to fix them.
I still have not told anyone in RL (except for some kindred obese spirits, lol!) how much I have lost ... not my mother, sisters, husband, etc etc - I did do the same thing, down to the exact same answer as you did with your Mom - I think I have just forgotten what to do (since I turned into one of "Them")!!!! lol!!! Both you and Alex are right, I just need to anticipate and have answers ready - heck I have already heard the most rude things a person can say to someone who has had amazing weightloss - I remember comments from long-ago threads here (I think the worst thing anyone asked another in those threas was something along the lines of "how happy your husband must be" and there was "You must feel so much better now"

I just need to remember what I said to all those people around me after I lost the big pounds and figure out - yet again - what I will say about how I lost the weight, yada yada
Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #483

April 4, 2008

I made a big decision today. I am soon going to add in foods and will consider 135 as goal weight - I am going to let myself drift down as far as 130, but no lower I don't think. My face can't afford to get any thinner than it is right now and well, I look good in clothes when I wear ones that fit. I tried on my bathing suit and I don't look too much "better" thinner than I currently am. I have the same figure flaws at my very lowest weight of 123 as I do at my current weight of 137, but my face starts looking bony and old, lol!

I have also begun obsessing over food somewhat and some of it is actual hunger - I should be eating more in the morning and at my afternoon snack. I will still be eating at a calorie/carb deficit but a very slow moving one, so I will consider myself officially back in pre-maintenance.

I realized today that the size small shirts from llbean are too big on me as they do not shrink at all after washing and so I went and got some in XS ... why would a 43 year old woman need to be smaller than XS? I went to Anne Taylor too and my jean size is 4 or 6 depending on the style - again, what more would I want? to size myself out of clothing in many of the clothing stores?

I feel very happy to have made this decision ... Ironically, when I weighed 236.5, the goal weight I selected for myself was 135. I had nothing to base it on but BMI and so I selected a BMI of 25 and then subtracted 6 lbs, lol!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #484

Changed the sig and the avatar profile ... so it is now official. yay!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
April 4, 2008

I made a big decision today. I am soon going to add in foods and will consider 135 as goal weight - I am going to let myself drift down as far as 130, but no lower I don't think.
My face can't afford to get any thinner than it is right now and well, I look good in clothes when I wear ones that fit.

Congratulations, Pauline!!!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #486
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Dear Tada!

I have been lurking in your journal for a while now, and just wanted to stop in and say congratulations! You have done and I am sure, will continue to do a remarkable job.

I am very thankful that you share your journey here. You have much wisdom and a generous heart to pass it on.

Peace
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #487

Aww thanks Gals!!!! and Jaimie it is especially an honor from one membah of Red Sox nation to anothah!!! Glad you came out of lurkdom to say hi!

Pauline
Old 04-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #488

April 5, 2008

Wow! I will have eaten about 250 additional calories today - than I have been doing the last three months to get off the weight I had put on. Weirdly, today will end up less carbs than usual lol! (only 48) because I ate one of the almond bars I made for breakfasts as my afternoon snack instead of the usual - But I have to say eating more at breakfast and at afternoon snack has been just perfect!!! I will not add food in anywhere else for now. At about 2000 calories, 60-70 net carbs, should still be losing - less than a pound a week and that is just fine for my pre-maintenance. I told my husband about my decision and he agreed with me that being much thinner than I am right now makes no sense and would just be losing weight for the sake of a number on the scale.

It's kind of funny - he has become a little overzealous in the workout / sports department lately - he played 2 (!) indoor soccer games Thursday night after having run 5 miles at work that day (I accused him of going exercise bulimic ..) But he is in a similiar place to me - not wanting to lose anymore weight because it makes him look gaunt and older where an extra 10 pounds is a happy medium between face and body. Kinda cool we reach this situation simultaneously ... of course he just eats what he wants (and what I make for him - I do make him 3 meals a day but he also eats the kids cookies, etc.) and loses weight, lol!

Back to breakfast - trying to come up with a breakfast that comes to 320-360 calories but is not very carby has been a challenge! I baked Linda Sue's "Buttery Almond Bars" today from her great website Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes because I had all the ingredients on hand, but I find I am not crazy about them - the texture I think. I love flax but I already eat two muffins a day and any more would just not be good for my system, lol!! Nuts seemed to be a good solution, but I find I do not enjoy them in the morning. I will finish eating the bars I baked and then I may try out the brownie recipe she has -- the only thing is that it includes about an ounce of cream cheese per serving and I already eat 3-3.5 ounces of cheese a day ... but I guess I could just try it out and see!

Anyhow, I am very pleased to have a little more food during those times of day when I have typically felt "real" hunger. I do work out very hard and I imagine my body really wants more fuel. I like to think that I will look and feel a little less tired with a bit more food, and hopefully a little less obsessive about food than I have been lately. I am feeling really happy about this decision. It is one that I have been mulling over for weeks and weeks now.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #489

April 6, 2008

I feel really great! We took our girls and three friends to see Blue Man Group for dd's 12th birthday last night. It was a lot of fun and apparently a very cool birthday present. Today I went and bought two new pairs of jeans and they really do look great! I am so pleased. I do not think I even realized just how baggy the other jeans I was wearing had become. I am also going to put away the tight pair of size 5 juniors. I can wear them but they are tight and if I do not intend to weigh 123 again, there is no point playing mind games with myself.

I will give away the other two pair of jeans - just have to figure out who to give them to. They are size 6"short" in Old Navy - they are the cut of jeans that are the biggest there. They are a mid-rise jean. I was told most people take one size smaller in those jeans, so a 6p would, apparently be more like an 8p! I ended up with an entirely different cut and they flatter my figure so much better and my butt looks good. The old jeans made me look and feel saggy and baggy - they were just too big and the wrong shape for my body.

The food has went very well the past few days - of course, they are not exercise days, so that will be a new test of things starting tomorrow. On exercise days I burn about 2500+ calories and I will be eating 2000 so probably won't feel as satisfied as I have this weekend, but who knows?!

I also bought some baking chocolate and once I finish eating the almond bars (3 left), I will make the "Absolute Best Brownies" recipe from the recipe room. I think I will like it better! I am thinking of subb'ing in 1/3 c carbquick for half the almond flour so maybe the texture will be better for me!

I am feeling very up
Old 04-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #490

My Notes on:

"I Can Make You Thin" (on How to Speed Up Your Metabolism) by Paul McKenna.
on The Learning Channel

Review of the 4 Golden Rules:

1. Eat When You are Hungry
2. Eat What You Want
3. Always Eat Consciously
4. When you think you are full, Stop

A proven way to supercharge your metabolism follows. The faster your metabolism, the faster you will burn energy – just like the “thin people.” Research shows that metabolism is not fixed. It can be changed.

Dieting slows your metabolism, training your body to store fat. We will reverse this process, training your body to burn fat without having to “pump iron or join a gym.”

Exercise boosts metabolism. The body needs exercise so we stay fit and so that it naturally boosts mood. People think they have to do vast amounts of exercise but they do not, just need to burn more calories than we take in. Exercise is any movement of the body – not necessarily going to the gym. You already exercise every day, maybe just not enough.

There is an easy way to exercise. The average American who is not overweight takes about 6000 steps a day. Overweight people take about 2000 steps a day less than that. A lot of people think “No Pain, No Gain”. I have a better motto: “No Pain, No Pain”, or better “No Effort, No Gain.” I only want you to take a few more steps a day.

The Technique:

Press your right hand and see visual imagery of success.

Close your eyes Think about something you feel really happy or passionate about. Return to that time, squeeze your thumb and middle finger again. Do it regularly, remembering the sights, sounds and sensations of pleasure and while doing this squeeze your fingers together and link it by association in the mind to takin a few extra steps every day in a safe and appropriate manner.

During this segment Mr. McKenna leads the audience through some visual imagery / hypnotherapy stuff of feeling the sensations of pleasure, etc.

McKenna recommends a pedometer as that which is measured is more likely to get done. This week he wants us to identify three times/places where we can increase our steps and do it.

What Do I Think?

I really like this episode. Good advice. Harmless Hypnotherapy tool. The guy’s motivational format still bugs me, but if you have trouble with exercise, this seems a good tool to try!!! Go For It!!!!

I do highly recommend seeing the actual episodes where Paul McKenna runs through the technique with the audience. The segment with the technique for this episode (Metabolism) is roughly 40-45 minutes into the episode. Prior to that are testimonials.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Colo Alex
Stats: 297/231/<200 (6'0", 47 y.o.)
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Back on track 9/7/11
I like the message from the guy I just can't stand the delivery. I keep waiting for the "Now what would you expect to pay?" line. It just feels like a bad infomercial.

I must say however that I am learning some very useful things.
Colo Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #492

I feel the same Alex! Was very very sceptical due to his 'delivery" .. let's say, it's not the most cerebral of approaches but I like the messages in almost every segment so far and have incorporated some of the stuff ... I just tapped a bit, driving up the driveway, when my stomach said "I'm hungry!" (even tho' it's 10 pm here), and I said to it "Oh no you're not, youre tired, annoyed at chorus and want to be in bed already" tap tap tap tap tap ...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #493
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: abercrombie3f
Stats: 192, currently 150ish
WOE: moderate/healthy carbs
Start Date: September 2005
Just wanted to stop by and say hello =)
abercrombie3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #494

Hey Aber!!!! How are you doing Girl!!!! Nice to see your face Pauline

April 8, 2008

OK, the food thing is great. I never ever would have believed I would have felt perfectly satisfied on 2000 calories a day, but I do. If I could only weigh myself to make certain that I have made the right calculations for slow weightloss. I have TOM terrible water weight – very painful and so I know my weight will be nowhere near accurate. I am totally staying away from the scale until I feel that the water has gone. I get weighed at the dr’s office on Friday anyhow.

Wow, to think that I am eating like this and still have (according to calculation, not yet proven conclusively) an additional 2500 calories a week to maintain at this carb level. Very cool! I am stoked!

My plans for the extra calories when I finish losing the next few pounds:

630 calories - (90x7) - extra fried egg
560 calories - (80x7)- other half of that protein bar, lol
300 calories - wine once a week
1000 calories - extra for eating out and the occasional treat
Old 04-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline,

Just curious, do you plan to be this "exact" for foerever on calories and carb counting? You really analyze things down to the crumb! Probably why you are sucessful and I am not!!

You continue to amaze me.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #496

Yes, Alex! I realize how extremely silly I am ... shall we add OCD to the list of diagnoses??!! The funny part is that I know the calculations are not quite accurate either, lol!!! I likely burn more calories in my workouts than the program (******) credits me ....

The point of this silly exercise? I came to the conclusion that I failed to maintain my weight - yo-yoing for a couple of years - because I left the "paradigm" that I had followed for the years I lost the weight .... not the exercise part. That part was easy.

I just started to eat this and that, saying to myself, surely it is fine to eat that ... I totally did not count anything and the fact is, I was not prepared to do that. I need to maintain for some period of time by closely watching what I eat at a maintenance level until I get into a routine where it does just come naturally. Not having structure was one contributor to my binge-eating.

I am not equipped to follow my appetite and my hunger yet. I know it will lead me to a higher weight than I am currently -- not necessarily to 100+ pounds overweight, but far enough over that I would be obese again probably. I really wish I could normalize via a Paul Mckenna style program, but I want more than I did when I first started my program. In 2003, I'd have been thrilled to reach and maintain a weight of 160, but I want more than that now, becasue I have had a taste of it, and know I can do this

April 9, 2008

I was on the phone with my sister talking and I mentioned that I had decided to up my weight some from my lowest weight and she confided in me, that she had not wanted to say anything, but my face was much too thin last summer so I guess it's not just strangers thinking this, lol! Of course, I also have to take into account the fact that I had never been thin before, so people are used to my nice round face, but well, it is what it is.

Looks like we decided I will go into New York City to her hair people and get it colored ... I am thinking of going <gasp> chestnut brown with very slight red or gold highlights .. My skin color just does not do the blonde well anymore. I am looking washed out. Should be a shock for my family ..
Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Pauline. I don't think you are silly!!! I didn't mean to imply that. I think it is fantastic that you have the fortitude to go that far. It is obvious that it has made you successful! OCD?? um, as one aspiring OC person to another, I would never label you as that. But yes, you are! lol

Have an awesome day!!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #498

Thanks Alex ... as you know it is a daily battle to stay vigilant. I need one of those old WWII posters tattooed on my forehead. Maybe we could get a group rate?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nosugar
Stats: 160/140/115
WOE: low carb non processed
Start Date: 10/27/07
Oh Pauline!! What an inspiration you are!!! WOW!!! I would love to pick your brain for hours!! I am back to low carb - I have been on a raw diet and as you said in anearlier post - lc works best if you do not have portion control abilities - I do not! Raw is and awesome way to eat but the desserts are very carby and filled with fat - not a good combo!! I ordered a size 6 pair of pants and put them on this morning - can not get them zipped - not even close!!! I put on about 12 pounds in my 8 weeks of raw! But - I quit coffee - which i am still wondering if it was worth it(!) and I am not taking any medications for depression - so I guess all of that is good!! I started back on low carb today - hopefully raw low carb - although Linda Sues desserts due intrigue me!!! I would love any advice you have to offer!! Thanks!
nosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #500

Hi nosugar!!! Really nice to meet you!! I had a friend who did raw lowcarb. I somehow found these wraps for her that are both lc and raw. They are called raw power wraps. Google it. A lot of the raw stores carry it. The ingredients are:

Mexican:
Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Raw Beet Powder, Organic Nori (Fish Free), Celtic Sea Salt®, Organic Lemon and Organic Spices.

I am very curious what the raw desserts are made of? Is it fruits? You could always stick to the very very low carb berries if you want to do "raw lowcarb". Myself I am not crazy about fruit, so I have not really added it in, preferring more veggies, lol!!!

I gave up coffee for a year or two and it was a good thing to do - I would defintely not attribute weight gain to that. Were you eating high carb prior to going raw? or were you on lowcarb prior to that? Is that why the weight gain?

April 10, 2008

Well the brownie did not come out better than the almond bar, lol!!! So now, I have 3 more of those to eat, lol!!! Before I can try the next recipe .... I do think it will taste good. I am going to try the following tweaks:

Add 2 oz more baking chocolate
Add ¼ c. davincis raspberry
Use unsalted butter

It is made with half carbquik and half almond flour. If this next iteration comes out anywhere near ok, I’ll post it here next week.

Weird day today. I went to the gyno for the first time since I had a partial hysterectomy in 2004 ... anyway, none of this is “lady doctor”-related really, so don’t be scared to read on, lol!! First of all, I weigh in a pound lower than at home – 137 – so that is good! And my checkup is all clear, all normal, as expected. The other good news being that I only have to get checked every 18 months – 2 years because of my operation - just to make sure the ovaries are clear of any cancer, etc.

The weird part – as I leave after dressing, the nurse catches me, and the doc, and the nurse starts quizzing me on how I lost “nearly another person” and I just know the hint is that I have had weightloss surgery or something, lol!!! I have a scar from laproscopy when I had my gallbladder out. I told them it was no magic bullet, that it was diet and exercise – Atkins as a vegetarian - and I could tell the nurse was nearly disappointed, lol! I think the doc too – they were so excited for me and I am so terribly blase about it now. It is so old news to me now that I am no longer morbidly obese. The doctor hugged me and was so excited and well, I guess I wasn’t, lol!! It just is not the miraculous thing that other people see ... everyone here knows, it was a long hard slog. No miracle. ... and it still is (a long hard slog at times)!!

Anyhow, I guess they are right to some degree, yay me! I rock!

Some other weird stuff at the appointment, but I don’t think I’ve processed it enough to talk about it too much yet ... the doc actually initiated a discussion about plastic surgery and well, that is not a luxury I have given myself the option to think about yet. I am married. I look fine in my clothing ... it just seems unecessary vanity at this point. Maybe some day. I can't get my head around that yet. I need to focus on getting Maintenance down. I am someone that likes to focus on one mission at a time. I could not imagine spending the money or taking the risk that would be involved in plastic surgery without first ensuring that my weight will not fluctuate. I am a thorough person and well frankly, I could not afford the heartbreak of going through something so serious without having first ensured I will not mess it up by gaining weight. I am very cautious where my body is concerned. But she has shaken me up a little, I have to admit.

Last edited by TaDa!; 04-11-2008 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: alaskanlaughter
Stats: 247/198/150
Start Date: 6/06
you look beautiful just the way you are without plastic surgery
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:08 AM   #502

Thanks A.L. .. I am pretty OK with myself and have been for a few years now. It is just annoying to have someone shake that some. Happens though. I remember how awfully annoyed I was when people (LOTS of people) were telling me I was too thin - at 123 pounds - after all that hard work. And I hadn't asked their opinion either lol! I guess it just goes to show you no matter who you are, or what your weight, etc, it is just human nature to be critically looking at others all the time ...

April 13, 2008 Morning

We went out to dinner last night at one of the type of places I have the most trouble!!! One of these fried fish restaurants. Thankfully this particular restaurant - The Weathervane for any of you New Englanders out there- does have broiled and steamed options etc. So I ordered a broiled haddock and scallop combo with a side of fresh vegetable (it was sliced squash and zucchini). The portion was huge and I probably ate a bit more than I should have, but it was perfect lc food and it was delicious. I did not feel tempted by the fried fish, onion rings, etc.

I did, however, notice that about 80% of the people in the restaurant were overweight, as in over the "obese" category. It is funny to think like that and then to look at us at our table and to think that we were the odd table. I think this is probably the case at a lot of the restaurants that concentrate on the less healthy foods. I am going to make a point of looking around like that whenever I am in a restaurant that is harder for me to order food in, lol!!!

July is typically very tough for me - down near the beach - when ew do go out a few times week to places that have few or no vegetables and everything is deep fried with french fries. It is funny but every year now, I wrack my brain for "what will I eat" when I'm down there ... and I still have not come up with a good solution, not even for maintenance as it is a few times a week and well, thre is no way I can go high carb and high fat a few times a week ever again - I am just too small to be able to do that and maintain. I wish I was taller and bigger-boned. oh well!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #503

April 14, 2008

OK, I’ve noticed that my weight has not changed at all in about 2 weeks – I expected it to slow a lot, but not to halt .... soooooo I went back and looked through my ****** – God!! I love the fact that I have made food, exercise, weight tracking a solid habit! How great to be able to go through weeks of menus day by day and check the weight to see what was happening there, etc.

I have changed a number of things in the last month or two, but looking through the ****** really pinpointed the changes that happened at the same time the weight stopped moving. Thankfully the cream cheese is not to be blamed! lol!! Unbelievable how easy it was to figure this out! My weight stopped to a dead halt the week of April 7 ... and boom! What happened that very day? I added in a homemade lc baked good for breakfast in order to up calories. So I both added a bar made with almond and butter and upped calories by about 200 calories. Bizarre – but my carbs have actually been lower since I upped my calories and added in the baked good!!! Down to about 50, from an average of 60-65.

I have some experience with this kind of reaction by my body before and I am going to make the educated guess that is the almond bar and the brownie I have baked for breakfast the last few weeks. When I was going up the carb ladder, there were three times when my weight stopped cold like that – and I was not on my plateau weights of 140 and 160 – When I added in Carb Countdown Milk once, my body’s reaction was to maintain that current weight and the second I took that milk out of my menu, I whooshed a couple of pounds!!!! I tolerate all other dairy pretty well – but there was simply something in that milk that did not agree with me!

The other items that had a similiar effect on me were 1) sweet potato and 2) a pre-packaged Indian meal of lentils and red beans. I tolerate the other meals from this manufacturer, but I think lentils and sweet potato are other foods that halt weightloss for me. Again, these foods are probably perfectly fine on Maintenance but not when I still have a few pounds I’d like to budge!

I know I have lost weight on 1900-2000 calories in the past (I re-read my journal through 2006 and was eating that at a weight of 124) and so I do not think that is the issue, but it is something to look at as well! So, tomorrow I will go back to my morningstart bar and cheerios breakfast, lol!!! I was having half a bar at about 10 at the gym, so I have to figure out what to eat then, but otherwise I will try this now for a few days and see what happens .... I bet I get a whoosh! (for me, even a pound qualifies as a whoosh! lol!)
Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #504

April 15, 2008

I Cheated!!!!!!!!!

heh heh heh! I weighed myself tonight and yep, I will have a whoosh tomorrow morning - can you believe it??!!! All I did was take out the almond-flour-based baked good. Well, to be fair, my calories went down to 1800 from 2000 and carbs went up from 50 to 60 ... but one day of 200 calorie less shouldn't mean a weightloss.

I am happy but bummed too ... the baked good was a good lowcarb healthy calorie add-in. Now where and how will I add food? Maxed out on cheese and on eggs I think .... hmmm. I only want to add food I rally enjoy because I am on Atkins and should be able to enjoy all my food ... yum yum yum ... how come the minute I can have more, I can't think of anything I want, lol!!!

If anyone out there has any ideas ... send 'em my way!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post

... the baked good was a good lowcarb healthy calorie add-in. Now where and how will I add food?

I only want to add food I rally enjoy because I am on Atkins and should be able to enjoy all my food ... yum yum yum ...

If anyone out there has any ideas ... send 'em my way!
I a slice of Ezekiel bread toasted w/ 1 T (all natural) PB & cinnamon.

KUTGW fighting the good fight, Pauline.

You are a success!!!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #506

Thanks Rebecca! I tried to look up the nutritional info on the ezekial bread, but no luck so far. I'll check it out at the store but right now I do not want to add anything new (higher ladder rung stuff) becasue I am trying to just stabilize things after just having added in a "stalling" food - but a good thing to consider in a month or two!!!

April 16, 2008 morning

Yep, whoosh! Down the amount I would have expected for two weeks at 2000 calories at this weight - 1.25 pound.

This morning: 136.75 down from 138

That IS a relief! I'd hate to think I'd be stuck eating 2000 calories a day to maintain with all this exercise, lol!!! My calculations based on weightloss and ****** calorie burn stats still seem pretty accurate .. more like 2400 calories to maintain this weight while working out 5 days a week.

I guess I'll eat the same way - 1800 calories - until I get back from New York, since I will not be able to have full control over my food while I'm there and the trip is only a few days away.

I will be with my sister who has done Atkins before and she is on another plan right now, partially for medical reasons, so she will want to eat at the same kind of places I do, and won't mind all my little snack foods, baggies in my purse, etc, lol!!! We'll also go to her gym at least once and likely will walk more there than I am used to living in the burbs.

But it probably is best to wait til I'm back to figure out upping calories again as restaurant eating pretty much gurantees I eat higher calorie, even when it is very low carb. Oh well! lol!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #507

April 17, 2008

Doing just fine! I'm just very tired - hard workouts this week! I am also trying to plan for my trip to NYC next week and the kids trip to my folks. Dh's mom had two strokes yesterday and is in hospital in Ireland. They do not have results of the brain scan yet, but otherwise she appears to be stable, but, of course, things are up in the air. I had a little panic attack worrying about her yesterday, but I recognized it for what it was and it did finally go away on its own.

I have not made my own train reservations, etc because I have wanted to see how she is doing, and whether dh will decide to travel there, etc., but I am going to proceed tomorrow as if everything is "on."

I am also trying to decide, or shall I say plan my exercise for the weekend til I get to my sister's ... I think I decided to workout at the gym on Saturday - cardio and weights since I will likely not get to weight-train most of next week. Then on Sunday, I can do cardio over at my folks' house - on the rower and maybe the bicycle and stepper. so then I'll have three days at my sister's - and I'll have not taken my two rest days, so really if we do not end up going to her gym, I'll at least only really "miss" one workout day.

I am also going to bring:

flax muffins - just baked those
breakfasts: breakfast bar and cheerios
extra bars in case snack times get messed up!
a box of veggie burgers
cheese
lowcarb pitas

and so if she wants to eat in, I'll just pick up eggs and veg and I'll be good to go ... and if we eat out, I'll have the lc pitas to use if necessary, etc.

ok, there's a plan! lol!!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #508

April 18, 2008

My preteen gave me three pieces of sf candy she bought today for my b'day, lol! she said "because you won't eat cake." I was forced to eat some in front of her ... I just looked them up and I thankfully I am only in for about 77 calories, 0 net carbs .. sugar alcohols, which I do fine with!

I felt I had to eat them because I do not want the kids to think I "diet" anymore - it is just not a healthy mindset for them as I do look "normal" and I am concerned that they realize that they are normal .. both girls have been complaining that they have fat thighs in the last few weeks Weird because I NEVER talk about my body in that way - must be school and tv - Anyhow, I told them they were looking at their muscular legs when they were not flexed and that they are muscular not "fat" in any way, etc. Oy!

My sis sounds excited that I am coming to visit and has major plans to go to the gym with me, lol!!! She has just re-started her plan ... I think I am part of the plan to jumpstart, lol! I hope she doesn't wear me out It's good though! Nothing like a vacation where you can easily stay on track ... love that!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Happy Birthday Pauline! I love reading your journal. So many times I see myself in your words. You did great with your dd eating the candy and also not saying you are "dieting" any more. Your girls are going to turn out fine.

I am so close to your weight but I am shorter than you! I plan on trying to maintain at 130 for at least several months - after reaching 130 that is! Then I will reevaluate the weight. Did you find after maintaining awhile that your weight shifted? I see some people in my TOPS chapter and after being at goal for a few months, they actually look slimmer even though their weight is the same.

Have fun in NY with your sister!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:01 AM   #510

Hi Dianne ... It is funny how we always seem to stay close in weight, lol!!!! I think I'm actually going to go for 130-135. Weight is so weird isn't it? I could easily decide on 145-150 as goal and look great, just buying the appropriate sized clothing. I find it so so so diffiult to wrap my mind around this! lol!! I think we just have to pick it and do it! Your plan for maintaining around 130, sounds great!! Makes lot of sense to me. I guess we just have to decide that picking a weight is not the end-all and be-all ... we can decide to change that months or years in the future ... whenever we want to!!

Yes, I have found my weight has shifted some. At least I think it has ... something funny I noticed, I did have a period of overeating / binge eating last fall. I did exercise through it, which for me is lots of cardio and weight training with heavy weight 4x week. I gained weight which I have now taken off ... well, I notice being back at this same weight, my body fat is lower than before, so some of that weight gain was muscle gain due to the combination of overeating and weight training and I seem to have maintained the muscle despite losing "weight" back down to goal. So that may be part of it?

I imagine on maintenance when you have certain "higher" food days, as would happen naturally and you exercise, your body is going to put on muscle and muscle definitely changes appearance without necessarily changing your weight ... kind of a natural unplanned "cycling" effect like the bodybuilders do? Maybe something to check out once we are back to happily maintaining.

It's great to see you doing so well! You've lost a few pounds in the last few months!!! Awesome!!!!