Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hello there.. ..

I think its about time I come here and visit.. seeing as I run into you at everyone else's place.. .. over at Elizabeth's ( gardengirl) she said something about you and protein.. having to much.. so I figured I would come and see for myself.. because I have been having the protein shakes and not losing.... so I stopped them for this week.. to see if that's for sure the reason..

anywho.. I have read a little in here.. maybe I didn't go back far enough.. or maybe its somewhere else??? help.. lol..

I am sorry about your foot..I am also having foot issues.. .. it's my right foot.. heel and outter side.. my boss seems to think I have Planters fishieitus( on spelling)... who knows.. it usually flares up when I walk on it a lot.. like the past two days of shopping with my friend.. then at night as I am just sitting.. its like sharp pains for a split second..( this happens after a day of walking around).. st work I just sit a lot.. at a desk..so its OK..

anyway.. I am glad yours is getting better.. ..

you have a great night..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #332

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
February 8, 2008

The kids are on winter break soon and will go to stay with my folks for a few days. We were thinking about going to Puerto Rico (too far for 3-4 day trip), or going Skiing and Snowshoeing north of here (too iffy with my heel spur just starting to heel) or something, but then we kinda disussed maybe going to a spa for a few days ... cool, huh??!! I want to be local in case we have any issues with the kids, or the rental property, so I think it'll be maybe a local spa ...

Locally, we've been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA before - but I find it a little boring there, lol (I like Arizona much better, but we're going to stay in the area), so I need to do some research on spas tonight ... we also agreed we'd definitely play hooky from the healthy atmosphere at night and go party wherever we end up ... we're so bad! lol!!!

We haven't had even a few days away together since 1997 Yay!

TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Hello there.. ..

I think its about time I come here and visit.. seeing as I run into you at everyone else's place.. .. over at Elizabeth's ( gardengirl) she said something about you and protein.. having to much.. so I figured I would come and see for myself.. because I have been having the protein shakes and not losing.... so I stopped them for this week.. to see if that's for sure the reason..

anywho.. I have read a little in here.. maybe I didn't go back far enough.. or maybe its somewhere else??? help.. lol..

I am sorry about your foot..I am also having foot issues.. .. it's my right foot.. heel and outter side.. my boss seems to think I have Planters fishieitus( on spelling)... who knows.. it usually flares up when I walk on it a lot.. like the past two days of shopping with my friend.. then at night as I am just sitting.. its like sharp pains for a split second..( this happens after a day of walking around).. st work I just sit a lot.. at a desk..so its OK..

anyway.. I am glad yours is getting better.. ..

you have a great night..

Oh! We simul-posted! Cool!! Ugh, I wouldn't bother reading that thread about protein at all. The first thing I would check, is to take a day - like maybe tomorrow or some day next week, and actually make a point of writing down everything you eat in real quantities and then ******'ing it. I think with most of us bigger folk, we simply eat much more than we think we are eating and we actually simply eat too many calories (or in some cases just carbs) for our weight and activity level to allow us to lose.

You then use ****** to determine if you are eating too much food to lose weight ... if you need help on that part, I'll be happy to help you with it.

I am so sorry about your foot - it sounds to me like your boss is right. The heel spur is connected to the fascia and so i also have a touch of plantar fasciatis (I think that's the right spelling). There's a lot of online advice for that condition - definitely google it!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pauline
Old 02-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
February 8, 2008

The kids are on winter break soon and will go to stay with my folks for a few days. We were thinking about going to Puerto Rico (too far for 3-4 day trip), or going Skiing and Snowshoeing north of here (too iffy with my heel spur just starting to heel) or something, but then we kinda disussed maybe going to a spa for a few days ... cool, huh??!! I want to be local in case we have any issues with the kids, or the rental property, so I think it'll be maybe a local spa ...

Locally, we've been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA before - but I find it a little boring there, lol (I like Arizona much better, but we're going to stay in the area), so I need to do some research on spas tonight ... we also agreed we'd definitely play hooky from the healthy atmosphere at night and go party wherever we end up ... we're so bad! lol!!!

We haven't had even a few days away together since 1997 Yay!

1997.. wow.. thats the year my youngest was born .. you SO need to go.... the spa sounds wonderful.. and you SO deserve it !!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #335

Quote:
Oh! We simul-posted! Cool!! Ugh, I wouldn't bother reading that thread about protein at all. The first thing I would check, is to take a day - like maybe tomorrow or some day next week, and actually make a point of writing down everything you eat in real quantities and then ******'ing it. I think with most of us bigger folk, we simply eat much more than we think we are eating and we actually simply eat too many calories (or in some cases just carbs) for our weight and activity level to allow us to lose.

You then use ****** to determine if you are eating too much food to lose weight ... if you need help on that part, I'll be happy to help you with it.

I am so sorry about your foot - it sounds to me like your boss is right. The heel spur is connected to the fascia and so i also have a touch of plantar fasciitis (I think that's the right spelling). There's a lot of online advice for that condition - definitely google it!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pauline
Thank you dear.. I do ****** just about every day.. over in my journal you can see what I eat and how much carbs calories and all that.. ..

I used to have the spurs.. when I was preggo.. I lived in a house that had concrete floors.. when we moves , our house had wood floors.. it went away..

my boss has this in both of her feet.. she just spent over $3,000 to get two pairs of shoes that help her out.. she says her pain is no longer.. .. she was upset that she had to get rid of all her cute shoes.. ..

ok back tot he calories and such.. I try to stay around 1200.. and 20 on carbs.. most days the carbs are under 20.. like today.. just don't feel like eating..lol..the last time I did this.. I lost 80 pounds and did what I am doing now.. except for the protein drinks and working out at the gym.. I dunno.. I am just learning more and more every day.. so I thought I would go without the protein drinks this week and see how it goes..

any advice is welcome and if you know how may calories I need to have.. please share.. .. my weight last Monday was..353.4 and I am 5' 6".... HELP..
****** - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal
****** link..

Last edited by monet0329; 02-08-2008 at 06:13 PM..
Old 02-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #336

The ****** link sent me to a sign-in ****** page for me ... Your calories and carbs should be good levels for losing weight ... in fact, I'd say not to go below 1600 calories to lose weight especially taking into consideration your current weight / current goal and the fact that you are exercising. You really want to give your body the signal that you are not starving it -- that it is ok to drop the pounds.

I think you are being smart, taking out the drink if it is something new that you did not have when you lost at a good rate before. It is totally strange how certain foods just affect us - I stall to a dead stop if I drink the carb countdown milk - I can use other milk products, no problem at all, but there is something in that which just affects me!!

Are you on induction? or are you doing OWL with induction-level carbs? If it's the latter, once you see if the taking the protein drink out doesn't do the trick, in your place, I would simply go back to basic induction for a week and see what happens. If I started losing again, I would say, "aha!" it was something that crept in as OWL eating which simply does not agree with me and then, I'd get right to the book, DANDR in my case, and start right up that carb ladder the way Dr. A wrote it ... it is elegantly designed to help you find foods you cannot tolerate ..

On the other hand if I lost no, or little weight on a 1-week induction (less than 3 pounds, say), I'd continue the induction to a second week. If my levels met Dr. A's definition for metabolic resistance (he has a chart with specific amounts of weight loss during induction), I'd go right to the book to the chapter about metabolic resistance and go through all those items he has laid out ....

Only when I'd exhausted all of Dr. Atkins solutions would I start to try some of these other tweaks .... just a few thoughts for you ... I am no expert, but I do know if it worked once for you, his system should work again and sometimes it is just the best thing to get back to basics and remind ourselves of the plan in all its details. It is so easy to forget after being on this for so long!!!

Pauline
Old 02-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #337

February 9, 2008

Everything is going really well. I have been doing some thinking on how to handle going from weightloss back into maintenance and I really feel great about it ... The whole time I was losing the big pounds, I had that one terrifying thought in the back of my mind ... on other diet plans I had always gained it all back plus some ... and that terrifying thought always lay in the back of my mind ... I feel like that fear is going. It makes perfect sense to me that the Maintenance portion of this journey of mine would have to take a little work ... Look how many years it took to get the weightloss portion to goal. It had always seemed an insurmountable obstacle in my life - but I did do it after much inner journeying. It only makes sense that the Maintenance portion would itself also require the same kind of work

and I am ready for it. bring it on!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Thefarmerswife
Stats: 233/169/133
WOE: Modified South Beach
Start Date: re-start 6/09 ~ 178
Pauline,
I really appreciate your insights and struggles with maintenance. I know this sounds dumb but I haven't really given a lot of thought to living this way the rest of my life. My goal has been just to get to (duh...) goal. Now I feel like goal is just around the corner and maintenance is looming.
Anyways...just wanted to say thanks again.
Thefarmerswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Hi Pauline!

Quote:
You know what Elizabeth, I am the same as you, I do not post "menus" becaue I do not need or want a critique as it works for me ... It is not something I would necessarily recommend to anyone else ... I like these foods, they do not stall me, and so I eat them! lol!!!! I'll be the first one to tell someone to eat a chocolate bar everyday if it does not hinder their weightloss or stoke their cravings, or eat a dressing that has a "bad" ingredient in it - if it makes you able to do this for life, then **that** is success. Longevity as a WOE is my yardstick for success - not purity, or discipline, or anything else ...

And you know, you hit the nail on the head, for anyone with overweight or obesity who might also be a compulsive overeater, or a binge eater - this kind of dissection of our eating is like adding gunpowder to the fire ... making all of this so difficult that we are doomed to fail - or relapse into the addictive behavior. I think that is one reason I used to rely solely on the Century Club ... by the nature of the beast, we were all stuck with seeing this as a longterm eating situation that necessitated making it liveable, because none of us was going to succeed with a huge pile of rules and forbiddens.

This can be simple. It really can. As long as we are not looking for the quick fix and I know you and I, E, are not ... it is too important to get this right for life to risk it for the sake of an extra quick pound or two. Oh no, we are going the long distance with this, right??!!
As usual, I find your words so important and helpful!

Quote:
Everything is going really well. I have been doing some thinking on how to handle going from weightloss back into maintenance and I really feel great about it ... The whole time I was losing the big pounds, I had that one terrifying thought in the back of my mind ... on other diet plans I had always gained it all back plus some ... and that terrifying thought always lay in the back of my mind ... I feel like that fear is going. It makes perfect sense to me that the Maintenance portion of this journey of mine would have to take a little work ... Look how many years it took to get the weightloss portion to goal. It had always seemed an insurmountable obstacle in my life - but I did do it after much inner journeying. It only makes sense that the Maintenance portion would itself also require the same kind of work

and I am ready for it. bring it on!!!
You are in such a great place, Pauline.
I'm super happy for you!

Maintenance takes constant vigilance and is not easy for those of us with "food issues."

You'll do well, though.
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:49 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefarmerswife View Post
Pauline,
I really appreciate your insights and struggles with maintenance. I know this sounds dumb but I haven't really given a lot of thought to living this way the rest of my life. My goal has been just to get to (duh...) goal. Now I feel like goal is just around the corner and maintenance is looming.
Anyways...just wanted to say thanks again.
I thought I had Maintenance all planned out. I reached goal and started Maintenance in Spring 2006 ... but the binge eating got in the way and I realize a big part of that was not having made a solid plan for Maintenance. I just kind of went my own way once I reached maintenance.

Fact is, I *only* gained a few pounds, enough to make some of my clothes tight and uncomfortable, easy to take off quickly - the thing that has been of concern is the fact that I could go back to that uncontrollable binge feeling / place where I feel I will never be right again. Thankfully after a month of just trying every day in December, I am back to the good place and now I just need to problem-solve Maintenance the way I problem-solved weightloss. My biggest obstacle is the binge eating triggered by certain things.

Taking off these few holiday pounds has been so easy - I really am an expert at my own weightloss ... I just have to come up with a solid plan for Maintenance and as I fell asleep last night, a little formula came to me ... I think it will work for me - I will maybe journal it tonight.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mayberryfan
Stats: 22/14/10 or 8 if I can!
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 6, 2007
Hello TaDa!

I found your journal last night while searching for some information. Your story is so inspiring to me. I've lost about 50+ lbs and have another 45-50 to go, so I'll take all the inspiration I can get.

I just wanted to say hello and thank you for putting so much of yourself out there! You're helping so many people.
Mayberryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Pauline,
I'm not doing Atkins but I'd still be interested in you're maintenance 'formula'. Thanks for coming to visit me at my journal. Lots of people were reading it but no one was saying anything and I was starting to get lonely! Lol!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Wow! Maintenance. Can't even wrap my head around that concept. LOL

I was the pregnant person that never read about delivery because I didn't want to freak myself out. Don't you know my daughter decided to come three months early and I didn't have a clue about breathing or pushing or anything---and this was a planned, fertility drug, pregnancy. LOL

I'm so glad that there are people here, like you, who can help us walk through it.
GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #344

Thanks so much Mayberryfan - What a sweet thing to say!!! and don't you know, I help myself at the same time Congratulations on your awesome weightloss!!!

Farmerswife and GardenGirl ... well, lol! I'll write down some of my thoughts on maintenance but as you'll see they are going to be very very specific to what I feel has been working for me, and what has not worked for me in the past year. Chances are each one of us will be able to do different things. I know from Elizabeth's (GardenGirl) writings that she has normalized her eating in such a way that she will fluctuate day to day within an acceptable range ... ya know, like a normal person, lol!!! ... I wish I had been able to get there and that's the way I treated maintenance last year, but fact is that I was not there and so I am going to need a lot of structure - in fact it will probably look like a diet to a lot of people, but I guess if it works then I can give up the thought of having been freed from my relationship with food if it means ending slavery to food, lol!! Anyhooooo .... I'll write down a few thoughts later!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #345

February 11, 2008

Just a quick journal entry for today as I sing tonight and plan on going to bed soon after I get home. I started reading The Diet Cure by Julia Ross and I really dislike it - it is just overwritten with "proof" that this or that supplement cures this or that diet problem ... I wish there was a simple list she would give, but as it is, I qualify for a number of the supplements and well, I tried to get to a place where I have simplified that aspect of my wol.

One good thing has come out of this though, I have gone to my fitdays to see what I am lacking and on a daily basis, I seem to only get 92% of the US RDA for Zinc (no surprise there as most sources are meat sources) and like 65% for Selenium. So, after chorus tonight I will head to the local health food store which is nearby and decided on either a supplement, or just pick up some Brazil nuts. A half a nut a day will take care of the selenium and well at 92% for the zinc, I would not be too worried ... I checked it out and adding an additional egg yolk and a slice of cheese will put me at 112%, so when I am on Maintenance again in a month or two, that will be easy to remedy!

As far as the amino acid advice, etc ... I don't know. I also have Dr. Atkins Vitanutrient Solution and he reccomends some of the same things, but I really feel like I'd need someone managing all of that end of things and "prescribing" them for me. I may try the addiction helper ones when I get binge-y again, but for right now, I am going to concetrate on simply covering the RDA of most things and extra on the water-soluble vitamins like C and the various Bs. Julia Ross in her book recommends the amoino acid supplements for a period of three months and then you're "cured" mostly, so I suppose as long as I can get all of the usual vitamins and I do not have any rash behavior occurring (lol!), I'll self-diagnose as perfectly healthy
Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

It' so funny that you should bring up The Diet Cure. I started that book a few months ago and it made my head spin. (Do you see a theme here? )
I need to save the vita nutrients for later in the game, I think. While I realize that I probably need them more now than later, throwing one more plate up in the air to juggle could lead to me dropping the whole bunch.

I love how you wrote out your maintenance plan. Doesn't it seem to go so much better when it's on paper? I mean, at least there is a goal to work towards. You have a way to assess your progress....what changes might still need to occur or what things you really have down pat.

Hope you enjoyed your practice last night.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #347

Ohmigosh Elizabeth, I just picked it up again and tried to read it and she's suggesting people take gobs and gobs of supplements ... I literally just decided not to read it anymore. I'm going to stow away the info on L-glutamine and 5-htp, but I am not willing to take piles of pills 4 times a day unless absolutely necessary ..

head spinning here too!!! lol!!!

The Maintenance "plan" is just forming at the moment ... but yeah, I need it on paper absolutely!!!! Why did I never think of journaling before, lol!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #348

February 12, 2008

So needless to say I am returning The Diet Cure to the library and am really glad I did not buy it! lol! I just order a book, Overcoming Binge Eating by Chris Fairburn and am excited to get it and see what his approach to recovery ... I seem to have kicked the binge state again and am solidly on track. I'm not sure why and it will be interesting to see what he thinks people must accomplish in order to reach my current place and what needs to be done to keep the binge compulsion from taking over again. I need to model whatever I do for Maintenance in such a way as to take account of my problem. That is one of many things I did not do when I reached Maintenance and now need to make sure I cover.

Little by little a list of such things has crept into my head - things I did not do and should have done to ensure successful entry into Maintenance:

* Take into account Binge Eating problem
* Come up with a comprehensive daily plan for Maintenance
* Announce to myself: You have reached goal, you are on Maintenance NOW. Weight X IS goal weight.
* Really believe that I have reached the end of the weightloss road.
* Stay away from the scale numbers game as much as possible and trust myself. I did not trust myself when I reached Maintenance in the way I have trusted myself while losing weight and then I acted as I "predicted", i.e. self-fulfilling negative prophecy ...

I am sure there are more! Will post them when they come to me.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Pauline, have you read Intuitive Eating?

I'll always believe in no other woe other than LC.
That said, I think IE offers a lot of very valuable information for anyone who's ever had issues with food.

It addressess all aspects of disordered eating.

Again, I don't believe in IE for weight loss (or even weight maintenance, actually). But, I did gain lots of great information from reading it.

Happy Wednesday!
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

There was some discussion of L-glutamine in the main lobby in a thread about craving sweets....

What do you think? Do you think binge eating could be "cured" with one of these? I found it interesting, but am kind of afraid to try it. I sometimes have reactions to chemicals....I'm even paranoid about tea, coffee, Artificial Sweeteners, stuff like that.

Quote:
I did not trust myself when I reached Maintenance in the way I have trusted myself while losing weight and then I acted as I "predicted", i.e. self-fulfilling negative prophecy ...
This really made me think. I don't think I trust myself yet. I think my "success", i.e. 41 lbs. lost, is because I'm on auto pilot....Probably the same reason I don't post many of the foods/menus....Even though it's working for me, I don't trust that I know what I'm doing.

Another good point for me to think about.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #351

Momov2boys I haven't read Intuitive Eating but if I come across will definitely give it a gander. LOL! Normally the name would have put rme right off ... thinking they are telling you to eat when you think or feel you should or something like that .... and that for me is just not a skill I have ever had or been able to cultivate ... and attempts at it have only led to bingeing ... which Is why I am drawn to books that will talk less about the food itself and more about the why and wherefore. I find even some books food descriptions or even descriptions here of behaviours or foods can start to trigger binge panic - a place I wish I didn't ever know.

Elizabeth, A number of respected medical people do recommend the L-Glutamine, so maybe it would work? I tried the 5-htp and found it made me get binge-y ... maybe it was all in my head??!

I don't really trust myself in that way either Elizabeth, it is more that on weightloss mode, I can trust being on autopilot. Autopilot works for me. Formulas work for me - like your 5 minutes of exercise a day formula, etc. If I can trust me when I am doing that, my thinking is, perhaps it is no tragedy not being able to be "normal" -- maybe I simply need to make a second plan that is a maintenance plan where I can trust myself within a certain framework that allows for some spontaneity but not a lot - spontaneity only where it is most important - outside of the house .... At least until I get some experience with it.

Maybe I am just rambling the same things over and over again? Every now and then an original thought jumps out ... lol!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #352

February 13, 2008

Felt thin today .. yay! More clothes getting loose and that goal to get the spandex to fit again, lol! has been met!! It scares me that soon the goal will have to be a bathing suit goal ... If not for bathing suits, I'd be perfectly happy at this weight

I am so darn tired from chopping ice out on the drive today. The kids' schools were delayed two hours, so the last bus was at 10:15. Needless to say chopping ice was my sole exercise for the day. I gotta get to sleep!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #353

February 14, 2008

You know when I go back and read about starting Maintenance I realize I was trying to do too much. I was adding bananas, apples, oranges, whole grains - all good stuff - all in a short space of time rather than letting up on the carb ladder for a while.

Doing the carb ladder for pre-maintenance was great, but when I actually hit a maintaining number, I never gave myself time to just keep myself at that number. I was trying to add in food so as to maintain, but rather than adding in the old standbys that had gotten me through weightloss, I added newly tested ones ... for some that might work, and in theory should work just fine, but for me with my binge issues and issues with food, I need to get stable first, so another bullet to the other day's list:

* Stabilize my plan and my maintenance before adding regular daily new foods!! and before upping carbs beyond 80 (except for my restaurant meal days)

All the "bad" non-induction foods I ate throughout OWL are just fine - like nuts - I am talking about carbier fruits, and veggies, new products, more whole grain foods ... better to stick to small quantities of those while I just try to maintain based on calories ... raising carbs beyond 80 on a daily basis, I will leave for a while!!!

Happy Valentines Day!

Last edited by TaDa!; 02-14-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

All your ideas sound really thought out. Here's to success.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #355

LOL! Thanks Elizabeth ... I know I do ramble on so so much, but it really is helpful somehow .... I guess that's the whole point of a journal!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #356

February 15, 2008

We just had a really great Friday night dinner ... our usual candlelight affair with the kids ... our 7 year old is very excited because we told them we are going to get an air hockey and ping pong table .... oh to be so excited by such small things!!! Oh to be 7 again!!!!

I just made reservations for dh and I to spend a few nights in Boston while the kids are with my parents next week ... our old stomping grounds .... should be great fun! All the spas sounded way too relaxing for the likes of us

We'll go to the gym there as per usual and party the rest of the day, heh heh heh!!! I will eat lowcarb of course, and hope to keep calories at maintenance level at the worst ... Should be very doable!

I am wearing my skinniest pair of jeans right now -- from weight: 123 pounds and they are tiiiiiiiiiight, lol!!! Now, mind you, I intend to get no smaller than 128 now, and even that may end up being too low as I know I look pretty good right now ... I never really made a good decision on goal weight - part of the whole problem I think. It is good though to be in tight tight jeans!! I am thinking I will give away my other two pairs of 6p's - they are obviously vanity-sized. They are quite loose now (Thank God!) and I do not ever want to fit in them again.

My current weight is the highest I ever want to get to again, so these tight tight size 5/6 juniors are definitely the way to go .... in future, the minute these get tight is the minute it is time to clamp down ...

Just a few tipsy thoughts from a wine-soaked Tada!

have a great night all!!!

Pauline
Old 02-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #357

February 16, 2008

Today has been a very hard day! Hungry and Binge-y. It does not help that I have a large half-full bag of tortilla chips left over from the family's dinner sitting around - I just put it away - and 5 peanut pretzel bars in the cupboard that i just bought for dh (what was I thinking??). Anyhow, I took out that calendar and wrote in today as a "hungry" day in the hopes that i will start to see a trend and be able to predict these days.

I did actually have a thought or two about scarfing down the rest of that bag of chips ... and then I thought, well what would happen afterward? And I realized that the bag of chips would not satisfy me and that it would simply be the start of a binge ... and that binge would likely be the start of a period of binge ... just now when I feel so light and right. So no, I will not do it. And I will not feed the craving with something else because I am not hungry, just feeling tired and sore from water weight and probably a little sorry for myself that I can't just go eat some chips like a normal person and have done with it -- it can only end in a whole saga of the binge, because wanting the chips is not a case of hunger. They have been in the cupboard unopened for a week. No, this is a hungry day I simply need to bulldoze through and come out on the other side the stronger ....
Old 02-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Pauline, Good for you for resisting the urge to binge! Having the frame of mind to think it over is commendable! I can totally understand the pity party for not being able to eat like a "normal" person. I go there a lot myself. But you have to remember, we aren't normal... we are da ta da da Superheeeereoooos!!! Able to resist bad carbs and lose pounds!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline

Good job resisting and trying to figure it all out.

Hope your "pattern" emerges sooner than later.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:39 AM   #360

Thanks Beth And Elizabeth!

February 18, 2008 morning

I am having computer issues and the network just popped up so here I am. The guy is coming to fix it this morning ... but who knows whether it'll get fixed or not ... We live in the woods and the squirrels keep nesting in the junction box and chewing up the wires, lol!! They keep promising to change the wires ...

Anyhooo I did manage to out-tough the hungry day and yesterday was fine too. I have a sick little one at home today and it is winter break so I woke at 5 and went to the gym. It's 8:30 and I feel like I have lived a whole day already, lol!!!