LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arynn
Stats: HW 276 Restart 205/185/135
WOE: Lowish Carb/Nursing/GF
Start Date: Restart 1/9/14
Sweet to be Petite... eventually

It's the first journal entries that are always the long ones.
A little background about me. Mother to a fabulous one year old. Wife to an uber fantastic husband. Artist. Trained cook. I can make a gravy outta anything and I deep fry with the best of them. Back on Atkins as of November 26, 2005. I refused to hit the 200 mark again. I was 276 in 1999. I weighed 159, 10 weeks after my son was born. Since Febuary I have bounced back up to 195.5.

I have gotten through the cravings, first week. It was a wee bit tough, but I kept at it. I did screw up a few times last week. Damn that bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard. I know alot of people do a clean sweep in their house before starting. I am not able to do this. DH and DS eat regular ol' food and no matter how much I talk up mashed cauliflower with cheddar and sour cream, DH still prefers Garlic mashed potatos. I cook for money on the side, as I am a slave at home mom. I also do stained glass and fused glass when my terror on two legs allows it.

I was starting to feel slim at 170 and I was feelin' quite tiny at 159. I want to feel sexy when I am naked in front of my husband not diving under the covers to hide my wobbley bits. I gave my skinny jeans, that had just started to be not too tight before I was pregnant, to Alcestis, and I want to be able to ask for them back in the spring. Despite her wearing thermals under them, the tart!

Anyway, today's menu was
B:Coffee and 2 oz milk, 3 oz Pan-seared Steak, cooked in butter over one cup iceburg with 2 tbsp Blue cheese dressing and water, of course, 1 oz cheddar nibbled on while cooking

L: Tuna and egg salad: 6.5 oz tuna, one boiled egg, 3 tbsp mayo, 2tbsp diced onion, 1 tbsp dill relish and 1/4 cup small diced iceburg all mixed up and served on half a 2 carb flax bun. It was deeeelish.

Snack: 2 small salmon patties - 2oz canned salmon, diced onion, dash of dill weed (heh heh I ate weed) 3 large crushed pork rinds, pan fried in canola

D:3 oz turkey breast steak pan fried in a tbsp butter(had the deli guy slice me two 1/4 inch turkey slices today, cause I am so smart) 1/2 cup mashed cauliflower topped with 1 1/2 oz cheddar and 2 tbsp sour cream, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Water intake for today 101.4 oz and still drinking and peeing and peeing and peeing.

I splurged and bought ketostix yesterday. I pee 80 purple. My appetite has lessened greatly and my breathe is funky, guess I am definitely in ketosis.

I would love to be back in my sz 13-14 Jordaches by Christmas but I think I will have to settle for my sz 15 New york jeans. I am such an attention hound, and its feels nice to have people notice that you have lost weight.

No deep thoughts at this point. It has taken me an hour and a half to get this much typed. My son loves his Mommy, so. And loves her keyboard and her mouse and her hair and her lap. Thank the Gods for Baby Einstien DVDs.
Saturday is my baby's first birthday party. I ordered a dinosaur cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate pudding in the middle and buttercream icing. He of course is getting his own little mini cake to destroy, white cake and icing. Chocolate is for big people who know how to appreciate it, well, for those who can appreciate it without their a** swelling to gargantuan proportions. I will be strong! Until next time, this is Jean Luc Picard, end captain's log.

Mother, Wife, Glasser
FTW
Arynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pamalee63
Stats: 255/238/155
WOE: South Beach Phase 1
Your meals sound delicious...thanks for inspiring me to try some new ways of cooking.
I looked at fresh turkey breast slices the other day and wondered how I would make it, and now I realize I could just saute it like I tend to do a lot of meats.

I think you're awesome for getting back on plan... with a toddler and a busy life it would be easy to not care! Great job so far!! Keep it up!
Pamalee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hey thanks for the warm welcome and the compliments on my menu. I try and keep things lively on my plate. I have seen those sliced turkey cutlets. too. They might be good fried. Salt and pepper them, roll them in beaten egg and then roll them in a generous amount of parmesean cheese. I made some fried chicken like that the other night. It was sooooo good. I read it over on the ADBB site. Tons of good recipes and tips there.
If you ever need ideas for dishes, PM me. I love to talk cooking. Nice meeting ya!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 16/10/8 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD 1850/600
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Whoo baby, I'm so glad you're here!

You're such a fabulous cook. I can't wait to try some of your recipes seeing as I actually cook now.

I am so excited that we can be on this journey together (and do boring Lc talk that no one else wants to hear ). You're motoring...we will be in super-skinny jeans next summer! Love you tons
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, baby! When you come visit I will save up for some trips to Ross, leave the child with the byz playin' games. I can hardly wait!! I will cook for you the most decadent dishes to tempt that LC tongue of yours.

You really have to try that flaxmeal. I try and eat no more than 1-2 tbspoons a day. I saved my big piece for in the morning. I am going to try slice it thin and make a grilled cheese sandwich. with a side of zucchini hash browns,I'm all about'em, and Ryder loves those too! Bonus!

This is me, adoring you!

So, when are you moving down here? (you KNOW I will never stop trying)
Love you!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
oh alcestis - i like her already *waves at melinda* - hey and welcome.

Love the idea of yet another great cook to hassle for food ideas! Love the salmon patty idea. I never know what in heck todo when H opens a 500ml can, makes one sandwich and leave it to go off in the fridge. What is a zuchini hash brown and how does one make them?

Did you lose the weight from 277 via LC or low fat or? Just wondering what your history is
tiggy_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Tiggy!! Thanks for the welcome. Salmon patties are a staple down here in the south eastern US. They are some good eats!

I lost most of my weight from just keeping physical jobs and eating low-carb when I had less physical jobs. Of course, that was before my second and successful, I might add, marriage. And the birth of my son. Now I am home until he gets in school, 4 years to go. Atkins really works for me, gives me that really good jump start on the weight loss while I am in induction and then I get to add in more carbs and food items along the way as kind of a reward. Right now, I am working really hard to meet my first mini goal of 170 so I can move up to nuts and such. I lost my first 35 lbs doing Atkins back in 2000. My last 12 lbs, just before I got pregnant, was again on Atkins. That was in 2 weeks. I am just lucky to have found something that works for me. It fits my mentality. I can be very successful when I make up my mind to, just getting to that point took a little while. Hope that explains some of it.

Zucchini Hashbrowns consist of one large zucchini and grated up, and mixed with a sprinkling of salt. You let it set up for a while so the salt draws out alot of the moisture. About 15 minutes. Then you take the zucchini and squeeze the sh** out of it to get moisture and water out. Then mix with your egg, I use medium eggs, too much egg and its more zucchini omelet, but still good. I add more salt and fresh cracked pepper and a little tiny diced sweet onion, about a tbsp. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan and make 2-3 tbsp sized globs in the pan, patting it a little flat with your spoon or fork. I fry them until brown on each size. I have not had a ton of luck with getting them to be very hashbrown-y, but I totally dig the end result each time. I think I am adding too much egg for a too small zuke. Let me know how your's goes and if you tweak it at all, I have also thought to top them with cheddar or mozzerela
cheese.

I also forgot to mention egg in the salmon patties. My recipe goes like this, since I make it for dh and I.
-one can salmon- bones picked out cause they make me want to gag
(my Mother and grandmother used to just crushed them up in it, alot of people do)
*retch*
-one egg
-1/4 cup diced onion
-one tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or outta the bottle)
-tsp dill weed
At this point I divide it into 2/3 and 1/3 portions, 2/3 of the mix is for dh and 1/3 for me.
dh's gets
- 4 tbsp flour (all purpose)
- 1/3 cup crushed crackers (cheese crackers if I have them, or a more traditional saltine, Ritz butter crackers are good too, and bread crumbs can be used if that's what you have)
My LC version only gets about 3tbsp crushed pork skins, at this point.
But the LC version is every bit as good as the regular one.

Mix and mash ( I do it by hand) the two mixtures and roll into 1/4 cup balls and flatten into patties. I fry them in a pan with canola oil at just under medium heat. Be more careful with handling the LC because they will be more fragile since there is no flour binding it all together.

I eat mine with hot pepper sauce and brown spicy mustard for dipping in ( I love condiments!!). DH uses hot pepper sauce and ketchup. It's a good quick dish. And since canned salmon takes 1 million years to go bad (& it's cheap! I pay about $1 a can), it's good to whip up in a pinch, and easy to keep on hand. I suppose tuna can be made in this fashion, too.
Let me know how yours goes, Tiggy!

Last edited by Arynn; 12-12-2005 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: fix some measurements
Old 12-12-2005, 11:40 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I love it when my friends click

I just got your msg, Mel, but am taking a nap as soon as I write this (shopping's exhausting!), so am being lazy and responding here. Zucchini = courgette, at least it does in England (and France, I presume )
Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I knew it had a different name! I just couldn't for the life of me remember!!

Typing in my journal is an absolutely wonderful way of giving me a holler! I am so glad we are journaling together again. I missed you *misty eyed*

Tiggy it's a courgette!

Here's a link to my Heavy weight picture and a current shot, standing in the bathroom holding the camera!
http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...109#post269109
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

source grams cals %total
Total: 1416
Fat: 106 956 69%
Sat: 48 432 31%
Poly: 10 88 6%
Mono: 39 352 25%
Carbs: 17 54 4%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 95 380 27%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

What I ate today...

B: One scrambled egg and 1 1/2 pieces of yummy thick sliced bacon, half a 2-carb flax bun, toasted with a generous pat of butter-I am a bad girl for not eating any veggies with breakfast, whip me with a wet noodle, no wait, whip me with a string of spaghetti squash

L: 3 oz Turkey steak, nuked, 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped to look like rice and fake me out, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce ( I couldn't help myself, I used to eat chinese atleast twice a week, my own and ordered out) one boiled egg

D: 1 pc LC pizza topped with black olives, mushrooms, feta, bacon and mozzerella and 1/2 cup iceburg with 1 tbsp italian dressing, 4-5 slices of pepperoni.

Water Intake 101.4 oz thus far...
I tried this green tea this evening, I added cream and half a packet of splenda, it was gross and I tossed it. It smelled like cabbage soup. I like cabbage soup, just not tea flavored like cabbage soup. I dumped it after 3 sips.

I slipped up a little today and didn't eat all my veggies. I am shy 1/2 cup salad veggies and 1/2 cup regular ol' veggies. I also ate that little bit of soy sauce, but damn, it was soooooooo good.

My appetite has diminished greatly. I feel bloaty today. Most likely PMS. But all in all, I feel great! I didn't need a nap at all. DS let me sleep most of the night.

I had LC pizza for the first time tonight, damn, it was great. I halfed the recipe and dropped an egg and tried to make it in an 8x8 dish. It was very thin on the bottom, I will just make the whole crust recipe next time, BikerGoddess style, with just the 3 eggs, I used a generic pizza sauce, not a "LC" pizza sauce. I do what I can on my budget, but somethings just can't be bought. We are broke and it won't get any better until Febuary most likely. Why are carbs so cheap? I did get 2 1/2 dozen eggs for $1.75 yesterday and walmart had one pound packs of thick slice bacon 2 @$4. So those were good scores.
Anyway, I digest... err, digress. I made DH regular pizza using the Jiffy pizza crust mix and pepperoni, feta, bacon and mushrooms. He really liked it and had enough leftover for lunch and so did I, so pizza for tomorrow too! I will probably make a chicken curry tomorrow morning so it can set up and meld and have it for lunch and then pizza the next day. I like-ah dah variety!

So I noticed the over hanging belly of mine has gotten smaller... on one side. It is totally uneven. Best not look a gift horse in the mouth, or the gut, I suppose. I know the other side will go down eventually, too. I am just ready NOW!!

DS's first birthday party is on Saturday! I am sooooo excited I got him a 8 pack of fat crayons so we can color! A little My First Laptop and some plastic farm animals, jungle animals and dinosaurs. I can't believe he will be a year. I've never loved someone so very much.

I will post lots of pictures of the party on my photobucket.com account. It's under lightdistractions if anyone wants to look. Recent pics of Ryder are on there in a sub folder in the Ryder album. Fee, I will post pictures of him opening his first presents ever, yours! He really dug the tissue paper...more than the clothes, of course. OKay, rambling on and on... I am gonna pop my Ambien early tonight and go lay down with my book, or watch the ceiling slide around until I fall out.

I wish that tea had been good. The search continues.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww your a cute mommy - party sounds like fun fun fun.

Ahh i didnt know the pommy name for a zuchinni - im getting more edumacated every day. For some reason its not listed in ****** but i will try looking up that other name . The hash browns sound a lot like the daikon radish ones i make but that salt idea is brilliant cos i was wondering how one would get all the water out. You've officially made it into my mastercook files yay.

rofl @ cabbage soup tea

And ya, with carbs beaing cheap it drives me nutters as well. I to am on a budget being a student and i could eat for like $20/week easy if i was not lc'ing. Stupid stupid cheap grain processed products. I wont go into my food distribution rant here but it totally totally bugs me the way the world has gone. If i didnt like high speed net and good stores to shop in its quite possible i would move to the middle of nowhere (ok a little further than my current middle of nowhere) get some farm animals and life semi subsitance style doing permaculture.

I shall check out that other site with your recipes and other great info. Always looking for new resources, thanks

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 12-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

You crazy Americans, drinking cream in your tea! And in GREEN TEA???? No wonder you wanted to puke

I am so excited for you for Ryder's birthday party - I adore your little guy And I can tell the weight loss, honest I can. You're looking more "pulled in" around the waist, you sexy mama. I'm uneven too - one of my thighs is hanging onto some fat and the other one is getting thinner. It looks weird although I suppose no one will notice except me. Rich is just interested in slapping my ass

LC pizza is awesome - every time I make it, it comes out better. I fiddled with the crust recipe and nowwe can pretty much eat it like regular pizza although it's more spongy. I could eat an entire pan of that alone ::drool::

Love yoooooooo xxx
Old 12-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Or just potatos... dirt cheap, pardon the pun. I am gonna have to grab a couple cans of vienna sausages. I haven't had those since I was little.

But on hot topic news, I just a bomb piece of 2-carb ginger bread toast! It is soooo good and crusty and buttered on top. *shiver* that was scrumptious.

Here's the recipe, I altered a tiny bit.
2 tbsp butter melted in the bottom of a micrwavable bowl ( Iused one that was square to make it look like bread)
1/4 flax meal (ground linseeds)
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1 packet splenda

Mix it all really well, be sure to scrap down your sides,
Microwave for 1 minute, let it rest one minute, Then I slice it and put it in the toaster so the edges are crunchy, then slather butter alll over the top! Oooohhh it hit the spot. I just hope my body handles that much flax at once Wish me luck!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I was wondering how a bit of flax in the crust would do for holding it together. Mine was very thin, kinda like pizza on a crepe. Still delish!

I posted his pictures, Fee, and of all the messes he makes. bed time now... I'm alllll woozy Love you girls!! Keep on fightin' the good fight.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, I can't help it if I don't know how to drink hot tea. We Americans drink it cold and unsweetened, we southern Americans drink it cold and sweet as he*l or... WE THROW IT IN THE BOSTON HARBOR!!

I think the brand of tea I bought may suck as well. Needless to say, the tea may find itself in someone's gift bag for Christmas or something, and no, not yours, Fee! *eg*

So I had a food dream last night. This is the second one I have had. Very very vivid dreams. Last week in my dream I went to a chinese buffet with my mom and sister, who both live in two other states in the real world. I went to the buffet and filled a plate with jasmine rice and a sweet teriyaki type chicken with a load of sweet sauce with it and a big HUGE eggroll. I ate half the plate, knowing something just wasn't right. All of a sudden I remembered I was on Atkins! I kept trying to get the waiter's attention so he would come get my plate off my table. Crazy, huh?? I woke up feeling guilty! *lol* Anyway, last night I had a dream that DH and I went to an old 1970's McDonalds. He sat in the booth and I went to the counter and ordered an ice cream, took it back to the booth and ate it. I could taste the vanilla in it. I finished it and went to the counter again and ordered a shake. It was supposed to be vanilla too, but they gave me chocolate instead. I sat down at our table, DH was eating a burger and fries at this point, watching me suck down this shake. I could taste the chocolate! It was a totally crazy dream! I am not even close to being an ice cream fan to start with! I really dig chinese food though, so that dream made since, but ice cream?? And the dreams were sooooooo vivid. I hear people on Ambien sometimes have very intense dreams. Maybe that's it.

This WOE has gotten easier and easier as I go along. I have a better grasp of what's allowed and what's not.

Fee was totally right on about perspectives changing. A month ago, I would have sat and ate 3 chocolate chip cookies and drank a HUGE glass of milk, right after dinner, I would feel slightly guilty, but I would shrug it off and do it anyway. Now I feel guilty and sneaky about 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce with my tukey and cauliflower, or not eating all of my veggies for the day. Times, they are a' changin'!

I was up at 4:30 with Ryder this morning, he finally went back to sleep at 5:30 and I was going to go to bed but I was starving. I almost went to bed anyway, the old habit of avoiding calories kicking in and I remembered, I should eat. So I heated up my left over LC pizza and ate it. And it was great! And totally good for me! *dances*

I actually liked the pizza better leftover and microwaved, 'cause it made the edges all chewy and kinda crusty. Gotta do glass and throw together that chicken curry so it can set up for a few hours. Okay, I must get busy!

Love you my friends!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I had those dreams. I dreamt I was smoking when I quit smoking and drinking when I quit drinking. It's supposed to be a good thing, in that it means we're taking our commitment seriously and have a healthy concern about going off track. So...yay for the dreams! Plus, you got to taste some stuff without worrying about the carbs. I'm all for those dreams although the shock of guilt when you wake up sucks
Old 12-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad to hear it is from a deep sense of commitment and not me breaking down on a subconcious level.

In that shake dream, it was crazy, because in my dream, I was well aware of my new WOE and didn't give a damn, I drank and ate despite it. I was all rebellious and such.

What I ate today...

source grams cals %total
Total: 1311
Fat: 83 751 59%
Sat: 40 364 28%
Poly: 8 73 6%
Mono: 28 254 20%
Carbs: 22 70 5%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 115 461 36%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

B: Coffee with 2 oz milk, Zucchini hashbrowns

L: 5 oz of tuna, 1/4 cup raw spinach rolled into a little finger shaped cylinder and dipped into 1 tbsp blue cheese dressing

D: Chicken Curry!!

Wooooo! was it hot, made my lip sweat and believe, the heat hound that I am, it takes some spice to make me sweat. I sprayed a pan with butter spray and pan fried about a pound of chicken thighs (BnLS/SkLS) and let them cook on medium heat until they started to go a good deep golden brown and leaving those nice crispy browned bits of chicken juice and scraps in the bottom of the pan. I removed the chicken from the pan and gave it a rough chop into bite sized pieces. Chicken goes back into the pan and I added 3/4 cups of heavy cream and 3/ 4 cup water and 7 teaspoons of curry powder (why so many teaspoons? The tablespoon was dirty *cackle*). Then came all the fabulous veggies, last of some bok choy, 1/3 of a smallish jicama, a stalk of celery and some onion, all diced and tossed in to simmer for about 30 minutes. Turned off the heat and I let it sit until dinner, about 4 1/2 hours. fired it up again to a simmer and had a big fat serving of it. Hubby had his served over basmati rice.

I punched everything into ****** and came up short on my fat intake, so I trotted into the kitchen and whipped up some onion dip.
2 oz softened cream cheese
5 tbsp sour cream
3tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
heavy tbsp tiny diced onion
tiny diced boiled egg (trust me on this, it adds great texture)
heavy tbsp celery tiny diced
8 black olives ( you guessed it, tiny diced)
(If I had any water chestnuts, I would have diced those up too, hell, you could triple this recipe and add thawed spinach with the water squeezed out and have yourself a spinach dip, sneak it into the office party. Ya gotta love making LC things and sneaking it into social situations! Nay say my WOE will ya??!! Eat some of this! *Muhahahahaha*)

Mix it all up really well, last thing you want is to bite into a gob of onion powder. I scooped it up with fried pork rinds. It was very good, but! it will be the bomb after it has set in the fridge over night! It will be a good morning in the Mercer house!

Water intake was 101.4 oz.

I have entered into a Exercise challenge. I have commited to 30 mins @ 5 times a week. It starts Monday, my new friend Austlyn is going to do it as well. The race is on to drop some inches. I had to take my measurements and they were...
Under arms over boobs- 39
Across the Boobies- 44.5
Under the Das Boobays- 38
Waist-38.5
Hips- 46
Thigh- 27.5
Upper arm flab- 13.5

I am excited to see what happens. Of course when I went to measure, the only fabric tape I could find was only 25 inches long. I could measure my arm but everything else had to be wrapped in a string and then the string was measured. It was really kinda funny. Ryder loved Mommy standing naked in the living room dangling a string for him to play with *smirk* He did not help this endeavor and enjoyed playing patty cake on my naked thigh.

I got some glass done today, I have one day left. DH is having to take tomorrow off (no over time is allowed right now, when we could totally use it) so I should be able to get everything complete. I will just have to start early and keep at it.

Okay, time for some pajamas and a sleeping pill. Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong and determined!

Last edited by Arynn; 12-13-2005 at 07:30 PM..
Old 12-14-2005, 03:58 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Nay say my WOE will ya??!! Eat some of this! *Muhahahahaha*
love that

menus sound tasty - mmm dip. Oh i was looking at your curry and what did you add to make it spicy - or perhaps your curry powder there is spicy or something but not the ones i know of here. If you want a gooood curry get to australia. Brilliant curries here - many many many many different flavours. You dont tend to buy curry powder here as much as you buy it as a paste (unless your hardcore and make your own). Soo so so so so yum. I hated normal english style yellow curry all my life but these other tasty ones are... droolable

Lots of boob measurements lol - get your hubby to help

xercise challenge - great idea! Good luck with it.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nicole4389
Stats: when joined site >280/8/29/07 >267.5/Goal>170
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: December 5, 2005
My mouth waters when I read your menus haha! Great job..I love how you get soo creative.
Nicole4389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:49 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Well, hey there Nicole!! I am glad you stopped in! I must tell you... I peeked into your journal the other night and YOU ARE GORGEOUS! You remind me soooo very much of my little sister, especially your big smile! I am glad you like my menus, I try and keep things hoppin!

Tig, oh Tig! Goooood morning, or evening, or midday...? This last powder I bought was spicier than what I have bought before, but deelish. I wish I had coconut milk though. I am not really supposed to have it on Induction though *scowl* I got this powder a a big international farmers market here. It was dirt cheap and I like it pretty good, I do think it needs one of the spices increased in the mis but I am not knowledgable enough in curries to know which one it is. ( I think I am gonna have curry for breakfast now, my mouth is watering) I will eventually give a go at making my own, but I have to wait until buying all the spices are in my budget! I used to add sugar to my curries cause I like them sweet. I made a really good Green thai curry 2 weeks ago, it was really good and the curry was in paste form. Yesterday's curry is a beautiful yellow.

Okay, I have to get to work! I have soooooo much glass to get done!
Keep it real... real Low Carb!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:09 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in shock - I've seen you eat curries in the UK so I know how much you can handle, baby! Needless to say, I won't be making a curry as hot as yours coz I'm a wimp, but it sounds great and I'm definitely trying the dip. MMMMMMMM!

I'm so excited for your challenge - the inches will be dropping off!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

That vindaloo or whatever it was, was some hot ass curry, I will admit it was a tough eat. My curries are not that hot. I felt so manly after eating it though!!

Just taking a short break. I will maybe get to bed at 2 am, if I am very very lucky! I started all of it at 10 am this morning. Haven't filled out ******. so a brief run down of what I ate today...

B: Leftover Chicken curry, barely drank any coffee
S: pork rinds and the rest of my dip... it needed more onion powder, but that stuff is so full of carbs! I was shocked.
L: Turkey and veggie stir fry, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp soy sauce, turkey, green beans, onion, mushroom, broccoli... it was good
S: more pork rinds
D: Turkey steak swimmin' in hot sauce, spinach salad topped with crushed up pork rinds for croutons, 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing to dip everything in, I cleaned my plate
S: half a Flax and Pumpkin Spice bun, toasted with butter

Not the best food choices today but I have been working hard. My back hurst, my fingers hurt, I a million little smears and dots of blood on my pants from cut fingers and glass splinters poking me. But! I finished the Blue Heron piece and it is beautiful.
I will have to wake up early tomorrow and finish this stuff. I need to run the drill and drill about 2 dozen different holes in assorted glass pieces. I will be sooooooooo F*ing happy when this is done and delivered. I have decided I cannot take anymore large orders until my son is older and can entertain himself. We had a very needy day, even though his dad was home. I dealt with a frustrated couple of males today. What can ya do? I think it's their age, 1 yr and 40 yrs. :evil:

Talk at ya'll tomorrow. Roll on Friday!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I love you, do what you gotta dooo ::big higs::
Old 12-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yikes glass splinters - i know you put a link of your work im sure somehwhere - when i have some bandwidth back i'll go asearching - would love to see your stuff. Glad to hear ya got it done even though it was a challenging family day

I hear ya on the onion powder tis a shame.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:19 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

bumping coz I love yooooooooo
Old 12-19-2005, 09:16 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmm where'd she go....

come baaaack!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Don't make me call you....
Old 12-20-2005, 05:55 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, you may praise me and give worship. I have returned.

God, I am sooooo tired, and I have to do pilates in a few minutes. I am sure it will help. My exercise challenge started this past Sunday and so far I have used my 2 rest days. :blush: I will exercise everyday for the rest of the week.

I still have some glass to get done.
I made Fee's present. You are gonna love it!! Probably won't show up until right after Christmas cause I probably won't be posting it until tomorrow.

Tig, send me a PM with your mailing addess please. Yours will definitely be a little late. I made it while sitting on my head, so when you open it in the DownUnder, it will still hang right.

Yesterday... I didn't get to eat until late and then I was weak and ordered a Big Bacon Deluxe cheeseburger and ate the bun and all. And Ketchup. No fires, though. Then I ordered chinese food last night and ate a few spoons of rice and a couple of hot and sweet wings. I did peel my eggroll though and ate just the middle. I ordered chicken curry. It was good, but I think I have started to prefer my own. Go figure, I am such a food snob. I think the sauce was probably thickened with something not on plan. Anyway, I am back on track today

I have had a little coffee and will probably finish this cup while I make some breakfast and maybe another curry so I can eat it later today.

I did make chili for me and DH on Saturday night. His was 3 bean chili, red, white and black beans. And his had stewed tomoatos (sugar added), mine was sans beans and I used rotelle tomatos with chilis, diced jicama, black olives and diced celery and onions. My Chili was spicy! but very good. DH liked his. I started both chilis and after I had added all the ingredients that we were both getting (mushrooms, sliced jalapenos, onion, 2 diced beef, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper) I pulled enough out to start my little pot of Atkins-esque chili and finished his with 3 beans, corn, stewed tomatos, sugar. Mine got my veggies and finely diced chicken. Makin' sure there were enough different textures to keep me happy.

Anyway, the little man is wanting breakfast and being very vocal about it. More soon. Later, I'll tell you about the 35 bucks worth of Atkins Chocolate Muffin Breakfast bars I threw out with the trash. They are evil and still haunt me. Today I have to work on getting back in ketosis.

Missed ya'll!!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

She is returned!

How was Ryder's party? I will call you later.

I threw out a ton of stuff I ordered the first time I LCed...it was all God-awful.

I am so excited about you making me a present!!! I LOVE your presents! I'm looking at my picture frame and my beautiful hanging flower as I type

Get your exercise in...you know you'll feel SO much better when you do
Old 12-20-2005, 08:17 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Hey sweets! Ryder's party was great, he had a lot of fun and fell asleep promptly afterward. He got about a dozen new outfits (lucky kid, I want 12 new outfits!!) a set of foam and cloth blocks, a set of textured plastic and fabric balls. A big set of wooden blocks, We love knocking down buildings. You are lucky if Ryder'll let you build 2 leveles before knocking it down! He also recieved a little pull-along puppy that barks and sniffs and moves his little legs up and down as he is pulled along. Ryder likes that alot too. Mommy and Daddy bought him a plastic recorder/flute music instrument (he is good at tootin it), his first set of big fat crayons, 3 big bags of plastic animals (jungle, farm and dinosaurs), and a My First Laptop (it's cool). Ryder also got some new pajamas and a set of Mega Blocks safari series. He was very lucky in deed! Next week we are going to go and buy his first set of good sturdy walking shoes since he can motor around with the best of them now.

My stinkin' camera quit working half way through present opening. So I didn't get any cool pictures of him eating cake! I think his uncle got a few shots on his camera phone, so I will spread those around when I get them.

I also didn't get any pictures of the last glass delivery! I was ill about that as well. The pond mobiles turned out so lovely!! and They were very pleased with it all.

Okay, gotta clean house. I ate on plan today so far and got in 30 minutes of pilates. Now, to do the kitchen. What a wreck!!