LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
I Want Fat Ankles

You ever been out somewhere, and this gorgeous person walks by you, and the only one bad thing you can think of is, "she's got fat ankles?" <lol> Well, I wanna be one of those people.... Here I am, back once again, with the battle of the bulge. Vowing that this is definately the last time I do it, cause as the age is creepin up, I am finding it more and more difficult to loose those nasty pounds. I started at 230 lbs, last January /04, News years eve resolution, stuck faithfully to Atkins, and lost 50 lbs. By the time May /05 came around I had gained back most of it, and decided, once more, that this is it. Kind of like having a love/hate relationship with your own self.... Each time thinking, why do we do this to ourselves? Coming to the conclusion that I'm a "any excuse eater", may it be stress, boredom, upset, you name it, I've used it...... Then I came across this site, with all the informative boards, and the wonderful support you all give each other, and discovering, that no, I'm not the only one who struggles with this every day. I now sit at 164 lbs as of this morning, with my goal being 140. Dont know if I'm ever gonna reach this goal, my dr says I've lost enough, but he doesn't see what I see every time I am standing in front of the mirror, with no clothes on.... ... Trust me, not a pretty sight...... I will post my daily menu's, just in case someone has some suggestions, or maybe even some constructive critisism, I'm open to all...... And maybe, just maybe, one day, someone will tell me I have fat ankles!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: madelyn64
Stats: 268/260.4/180 (5'11)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: woke up from a foggy sleep... Feb 20/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal
You ever been out somewhere, and this gorgeous person walks by you, and the only one bad thing you can think of is, "she's got fat ankles?" <lol> Well, I wanna be one of those people.... Here I am, back once again, with the battle of the bulge. Vowing that this is definately the last time I do it, cause as the age is creepin up, I am finding it more and more difficult to loose those nasty pounds. I started at 230 lbs, last January /04, News years eve resolution, stuck faithfully to Atkins, and lost 50 lbs. By the time May /05 came around I had gained back most of it, and decided, once more, that this is it. Kind of like having a love/hate relationship with your own self.... Each time thinking, why do we do this to ourselves? Coming to the conclusion that I'm a "any excuse eater", may it be stress, boredom, upset, you name it, I've used it...... Then I came across this site, with all the informative boards, and the wonderful support you all give each other, and discovering, that no, I'm not the only one who struggles with this every day. I now sit at 164 lbs as of this morning, with my goal being 140. Dont know if I'm ever gonna reach this goal, my dr says I've lost enough, but he doesn't see what I see every time I am standing in front of the mirror, with no clothes on.... ... Trust me, not a pretty sight...... I will post my daily menu's, just in case someone has some suggestions, or maybe even some constructive critisism, I'm open to all...... And maybe, just maybe, one day, someone will tell me I have fat ankles!!
Welcome back!!! I know the whole 'been there, done that' scenario as well I'm on my way back down... and am never going back!!!

All the best to you on your journey!
Lyn
Old 10-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/170/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I LOVE your journal title that's so cool. You've done amazingly so far, it seems, and journalling can only help.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
Daddy's Girl

okay.... Todays menu...

B- 2 eggs scrambled, 3 strips of bacon, 1 piece of LC Bread with butter
L- Chicken salad
D- Pork steak w/ mushrooms
Snacks- jalepeno poppers
Water- :blush: 2 glasses <just cant drink water, never could>
Coffee- 3 w/ whipping cream

I keep telling myself I have to drink water, and so everyone tells me, but I just cant stand it, and have a horrible time trying to get down even 1 glass... I'm not a huge liquid fan of anything really. I have my coffee in the mornin, and thats about it. Maybe a cup of green tea before I go to bed. Once a week or so, I will have a diet pepsi... Maybe next months challege for myself, will be drink 8 glasses of water a day, for the month, and see if it really does make a difference.. But then again I think that I've made it this far without it, so why start now?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
Daddy's Girl

At work right now and am here till 11:30 tonight. Here is my menu for the day.

B- 2 C coffee w/ whipping cream
L- Big Tuna salad w/ mayo
D- Beef w/ fried cabbage and bacon
No snacks, and no water.... Nothing new about that....lol

I'm really thinking hard about this water thing, and have decided, that starting this Monday, 23rd., I am gonna make myself drink 8 glasses a day. Was wondering, if you can drink it all at once, or is there a better effect if you divide it up along the day. The reason I am wondering this, is one of my pet peeves is to have to get up in the middle of the night to go pee.... I just HATE when that happens...... ..... Cause it always takes me at least an hour to get back sleep..... Another thing I been thinking is, someone should really make a 0-carb red wine. Out of everything I have not had in the past 5 months, I am missing my red wine and potatoes!! Gawd..... it would be like heaven to have a glass right now....... Guess I'll just stick to smellin' the cork...... hehehe....
Old 10-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Daddy's Girl

Hey, I think I'm seeing voices!! Thanks Alcestic, it has been a long hard journey, one that I chose for life... Lyn, thankyou for the kind words... It always helps knowing that your not the only one!! :blush: Seems like there are alot of us on here...

Anyways, this water thing is really starting to freak me out the more I think about it..... I was lurking somewhere on the boards here and happen to run across things like sugar free koolaid, and crystal light. Now I know I can drink those a little more easier then plain water, so I'm gonna go shopping today before work, and see what I can find out about them.... Some may not think it's not the same as plain old water, but heck, we cant all be perfect..... I have also been thinking <too much time on my hands> about joining Curves to get some more exersize into my daily routine. Now that thought really freaks me out too.... I'm rather, how shall we say, well endowed in the upper extremities of my body, and heck, I just see that as being rather painful, then more productive....... Think I'll just stick to my 800 sit ups a day, seems to work for me, for now anyways...... Geesh, it's amazing how easily one can talk theirselves outta something so fast..... Maybe this journel thing isn't such a good idea?..... ... Anyways, I work again tonight, so I am going to post my menu now, as I already know what I'm gonna eat, <obsession with food> then I'm off to find a doctor that will insert a permanent IV in me for my daily water intake...... yeah right, if only it was that easy........

B- Not hungry this morning so 2 Coffee w/ whipping cream
L- Tuna salad w/ mayo
D- Baked chicken, broccoli w/ butter
Snacks- probably none as I'll be at work, but will have a couple cups of Rasberry Zinger tea while there.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
Daddy's Girl

One of my best friends has just started Atkins about 3 weeks ago now, and she is obsessed with her scales... I swear she steps on that damn thang bout 20 times a day... I responed to a post about stepping on the scales awhile ago, and thought I would post it here too.....

Keep it in the dark, never letting sunlight touch it.... I honestly think there is a little gremlin type creature hiding inside your scale, waiting for the opportunity, to discourage you, put doubts in your mind, and possibly start an eating binge. You know, when you've been real good all week, eating so much salad that you think your starting to look like a head of lettuce, only to step on the scale and discovered that you stayed the same, or even gained a pound?. Don't know about you, but stepping on the scale is a huge adventure for me. Early in the morning, before I eat or drink anything, I strip down to nothing, including taking all my jewelry off, cause that watch on your wrist weighs a whopping .001 ounces. Now it's not a pretty sight, trust me, first thing that comes to mind is Sharpei puppy, so I try and do it real fast before anything, or anyone catches me in this fine position. I muster up all the courage I can, do a little prayer, and step up.** Up a pound.** Not even thinking it is probably just water retention, I am already discouraged beyond belief, thinking, I stuck to it faithfully, all week, and still gained a pound. Now I'm really pissed and already telling myself, that I'm already up a pound, may as well eat that double cheese burger and greasy french fries that I have been seriously craving for the past week. STOP!!! The pound, is like I said, probably water retention, or that stupid little gremlin hiding in your scale, playing with your mind. So, I did some research on Gremlins, and discovered that they dont live long in the dark, they need sunlight to keep them alive. I've come to the conclusion that if I hide my scale in the closet, where it is nice and dark for a month, which in turn kills the gremlin that wreaks havoc on your life, not to mention your mind, then step on the scale, I always have positive results!! The rest of the month, I just let my clothes tell me that I am succeeding. It works for me, thats all I can say....... Just remember to put the scale back in the closet when your done with your monthly weigh-in, cause that lil gremlin dude will look for any opportunity to come back, to try and discourage you, or put doubts in your mind.....
Old 10-23-2005, 10:01 AM   #8
Daddy's Girl

Last night of work then I'm off for 2 days.... Geesh, I really hate working night shift's, it seems to just drain all the energy from me... Couldn't find a doctor yesterday that would insert an intravenous, but I did find one that would give me a flu shot..... Better that then nothing I guess....... Yesterday was kind of a crappy night, I was feeling kinda sluggish, and was real busy at work. Finally got home around midnight, had a cup of rasberry zinger tea, and off to sleepy land I went. Couldn't find any crystal light yesterday in our local grocery store, so I'm gonna go to Walmart today and look to see if they have it there. Gotta at least make an attempt since I challenged myself to try and drink more water..... Okay, have a few things to do before work so here is my menu for today........

B- 2 C Coffee w/ whipping cream
L- Egg Salad w/mayo
D- Left over baked chicken w/ fake potatoes <califlower>
S- Pork rinds w/shrimp dip
Probably a couple cups of tea at work......
Old 10-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Love your journal name!!
Old 10-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #10
Daddy's Girl

Heyyyy, there was a lil green carebear type creature lurkin about..... ...... yeah Leashy, my warped sense of humor...... I just hate those women that can eat anything they want, and not gain a damn pound... And trust me, they DO have fat ankles!!.... .... 7 more days to weigh in, and 4 more days till I get yet another year older..... Think I'm gonna cheat on my b-day, haven't cheated in like 6 months, and me thinks it's time.... Maybe just a lil glass of red wine?? Gotta get me one of those 28 0z glasses....... Just a thought, lets see how long it takes to convince myself now......
Old 10-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
Daddy's Girl

Mondays, I love Mondays!!! Means I have 2 days off work, and can catch up on all the stuff I have been neglecting for the past week..... I already have a load of laundry on the go, have done my 400 sit ups, wrote a list to take to the grocery store, watered plants, walked my dog, and now am having my first cup of coffee.... Life is good........ Yesterday, while on my daily walk with my bestest friend, we walked passed a couple people and one of the people was a person I went to school with many moons ago..... I casually said hi Bob, how are you, it's been ages since I seen you..... He said hi, I'm doing good, but had this real dumb look on his face, it was obvious he didn't know who I was and was trying to think.... After a few seconds or 2 of the usual blah blah blah, he said, I'm really sorry, but who are you?.... I said, you know me, we grew up together and went to school together... Seeing that he was starting to feel a little uncomfortable, I said I'm Leiloni.... Well you should have seen the look on his face, and I couldn't help but chuckle.. He said omg, where's the rest of you?? Talk about making my whole day.... We stood there and chatted for a few more minutes, exchanged phone numbers, and promised to keep in touch.... It's always nice to run into people that you haven't seen in like forever, but this was even more special for me...... Almost makes ya wanna jump up and do the happy dance..... Anyways, must get my butt in gear and finish my laundry and grab a shower..... Already know what I'm gonna eat today, <told ya I was obsessed with food> so here goes.....

B- 2 C Coffee w/ whipping cream
L- 2 boiled eggs
D- BBQ salmon steak w/ lemon & dill, greek salad
S- Jalenpeno poppers
Still no water, but I'm workin on it...... :blush:
Old 10-24-2005, 01:10 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Happy Birthday!! Have the wine... it's not so bad.

Mine is on St Patty's Day... (that's why I have the green carebear!)
Old 10-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsAllAboutMe
Stats: 138/138/138
WOE: Just here to root on my friend :-)
Start Date: "we" started in May/05
Quote:
Already know what I'm gonna eat today, <told ya I was obsessed with food> so here goes.....
And obsessed with your hair, house cleaning, reality shows, talking on the phone, need I go on my dear? Oh Lei, you know I luv's ya gal. You just wouldn't be the same without all those wonderful qualities. See you at the show tonite.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:53 PM   #14
Daddy's Girl

OH MY GAWD WEESIE...... what the hell you doing in my "space"???? And how did you know where to find me????? You are just way too much girl...... Still in shock here, ohhhhhh, and I love ur icon!! It IS all about you g/f....... You are just way too sweet, and if you were a guy, I'd marry ya tomorrow..... oops, guess I had better introduce you, just in case you plan to invade my space more often....... Let me get the kleenex first, think I'm gonna need it..... Everyone, this is Weesie, and she's got the fattest ankles I have EVER seen!!! Let me tell ya all about my bestest and closest friend in the world. Her real name is Louise, but I wouldn't call her that cause she gets real pissed..... We have been inseparable since we were 10 years old...... We have been through everything together, from marriages, divorces, loss of loved ones, thick, and soon to be thin..... She was my maid of honor when I married "the looser", went all through my whining, crying, temper tantrums for the next 10 years... She was there for the birth of my daughter, singing happy birthday to her as she was being delivered, who was born at 6 months through pregnancy, and 45 minutes later, took her last breath...... She was there through a very rough divorce, while telling me all the time that the world is not gonna end...... She was there through the passing of my grandfather, one of the greatest men ever to have been born, telling me all the time that I will see him again one day...... She was in Mexico, on a 2 week vacation when I had my car accident, my mom phoned her at the hotel, and she was on the next flight home, not blinking an eye to the sunfilled, glorious vacation she was leaving behind her....... She was with me at the hospital when I woke up, after my cosmetic surgery, to fix all the cuts on my face from going through the windshield..... There was a carnival one time almost a year ago that she wanted me to go with her too.... I had nothing to wear, nothing fit anymore, I was just sitting around all the time, eating my sorrows away.... Next thing I knew, I had hit 230 lbs.... So, off she went to Walmart to buy me a pair of pants to go to the carnival with...... She came back with a pair of pants that were 42 inch waist, and I couldn't even get them over my ass...... Down to the store she goes again, this time coming back with a 44 inch waist pair, and to my dismay, they still didn't fit...... I was devastated to say the least, and never did make it the carnival..... She spent the night and through a couple bottles of wine, and a huge bag of Oreo cookies, I woke up in the morning feeling like crap...... On my table beside my bed was a book called "Dr Atkins Diet Revolution", and note with three simple words, "I love you".... Weezie...... That day changed my whole life, for the better...... She is the first one to tell me how great I'm doing, she's the first one to tell me how beautiful I am..... She walks with me almost daily, and finds all kinds of LC foods for me to try...... She is my mentor, my friend, my sister, my confider, my fashion designer, my listening board, my breath of fresh air...... She is Weezie, and I love her with all my heart...... <where's that damn kleenex anyways> Now I just wish she would stop trying to set me up on blind dates!!!! Enough already dammit...... I just wanna say thankyou Weez, for everything you have done for me, for changing my life, and sharing all the laughs and tears with me..... You will never know how much I love you, and how forever grateful I am to you...... Your the bestest ya freak!!! Sorry guys for getting off track and the long post, but it's something I've been meaning to do for the past year, but never really had the chance....... Or the courage........ On that note, I hope that everyone has a friend like her, that can help you thru the rough times, when we need it the most, without expecting anything in return..... Gotta run......
Old 10-24-2005, 06:01 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Oh Lei, you are much too kind. Anybody would do that for a friend in need, that's what friends are for, right? Now that you've gone and got me all choked up, have you checked out the before and after pictures of some of the people on here? Holy crap! Simply amazing. How come you don't have yours up there? Come on, I know you have some in that big ole' closet of yours. *giggling* I have been cruising through the recipe parts of the board to, looking for a few recipes to try when you come over for dinner. Now that Glen's home from Calgary, drag him along! Well my dear, I don't want to intrude in your "space" as you so kindly put it, so I am just going to sit by on the side lines and kick your a## when I think you need it. I luv's ya gal. See you at my show tonite. xoxo PS- Drink the god damn water already!!!!!!!!!!! Weesie
Old 10-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

almost forgot to answer your question. When I was over for dinner the other night, I snuck down stairs and peeked on your computer to see if I could find out what your name was on here. You need me baby, admit it!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mandys mom
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Low-carb
Start Date: restart Dec. 26/2013
Pass the kleenex! Weezie sounds like a friend we could all use. Thanks for sharing your relationship - choked me up.

Your meeting of the old school friend reminds me of a friend of mine who lost over 100 pounds, she says some people only recognize her because of her voice.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #18
Daddy's Girl

Hi Anita, and yes, Weesie is the best..... Dont quite know why I wrote that huge long entry, guess I was kinda in a sappy mood yesterday...... Nothin like putting urself out there for everyone to see.... Oh yeah, keep up the great work, ur doin awesome so far......

Feeling kinda blah today, not really sure why.... I almost feel like just crawling back into bed and hiding there for awhile..... At least it's warm in there..... It's that time of the year again, when all the leaves are changing, and starting to get a lil chilly..... I made a note to myself on my walk yesterday to bring a extra sweater for today....... At least it's not raining tho, our winter consists of rain, rain, and more rain...... Maybe just a touch of snow thrown in there for good measurement...... Oh well, you dont have to shovel rain, thats the good part about it..... Tuesday huh?.... Tonight is my pool league night, and final day off from work...... 2 days just doesn't seem long enough to get everything done that you want too..... If only the time would pass by as fast as it does when your working, as it does on your days off....... Alrighty, off to get my first cup of coffee...... Have a most wonderful day all......

B- 2 Coffee w/ whipping cream
L- 2 boiled eggs
D- Chicken stir fry w/ broccoli, onions, califlower, celery, mushrooms & bok choy
S- sugar fee jello w/whipped cream

Weesie- I drank 2 glasses of water yesterday with my CLA..... so shuddup alreay......
*note to self* Turn recorder on vcr before goin to pool tonight for the Amazing Race......
Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #19
Daddy's Girl

Geesh, after posting to remind myself to set the VCR for the Amazing Race, I forgot!! Gotta hate when that happens...... But, I noticed I wasn't the only one that missed it <Anita> If ya find out who got kicked off, let me know!...... Well last night was a good night, our team won the pool match, had lots of laughs, and even drank 2, count em', 2 mini jugs of water.... What the hell is up with that Weesie?....... Your starting to rub off on me girl........ Back to work to today, afternoon shift, and I never got everything done that I wanted too....... go figure....... I have a pile of leaves outside in back yard that are screaming for me to rake them up....... Maybe today before I go to work I'll get that done..... Yeah, I am definately a procrastinator, but it always eventually gets done..... 5 more days till weigh in, 1 more for my b-day..... Geesh, have lots to look forward too...... I was really thinking bout cheating tomorrow, cause it's such a special day <yeah right, we all look forward to being a year older> but I think I changed my mind..... Even though curried chicken on rice sounds ohhhh sooooo goooood..... But then I think, only 5 days to weigh in, dont really wanna screw with that..... who knows, maybe by tomorrow night I will have changed my mind again...... After all, it is a women's prerogative isn't it?....... .....Okay, just talked myself into going and raking some leaves up, hope everyone has a most wonderful day......

B- 2 C Coffee w/whipping cream
L- Tuna salad w/mayo
D- Chicken patty, fried cabbage w/bacon
S- 4 glasses of water???......
Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

clearing throat. lalalaalaaaaaaaa. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Lei, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu. Wishing you a very happy day my dear friend, may all your hopes, dreams, and wishes come true. You have done so well the past year in everything you have chosen to conquor, and I am so very proud of you. YOU, are inspiring to me, I watch you everyday and am amazed how strong you are, and very together, after all you have been through. I only wish I was half that strong, and able to face the many challenges that you have faced. Its been a long road, over 30 years now, and I am very much looking forward to the next 30. I luv's ya gal. Weesie.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:25 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

I forgot. You dont have to drink your water today if you don't want to.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #22
Daddy's Girl

your too much......and ty so very much...... As for the water, hey, I'm on a roll, I made it to 3 glasses yesterday..... ..... I'm running behind time here, have to work day shift today.... I really hate it when the do that to me.... Make me work night shift, then days the next.... Messes me up...... ...... anyways, Glenn is making me dinner tonight, not sure what its gonna be, but it better be LC..... .... 4 more days and I drag my scale outta the closet.... Not too sure, but I have a feeling it's not gonna be much.... Tom is on his way for a few days of misery...... Have to get ready for work, so here's my menu for the day......

L- Ceasar salad
D- ?? Whatever Glenn is making me....
S- BIG HUGE FREAKIN GLASS OF WINE!....
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mandys mom
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Low-carb
Start Date: restart Dec. 26/2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADIAN GIRL!

Hope your day is totally awesome (aging myself with that saying). Did they do anything for you at work? What do you do, if you don't mind me asking. I work shift work as well, 3-11 today. I'm a care aide in a nursing home.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #24
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Thankyou so very much Anita, and yes, unfortunately, we all have to get older..... Dont know about you, but I noticed the more I lose, the more wrinkles there are peeking out..... My mom says its just me being way too critical of myself..... I work as a bar manager, thats why my shifts are so weird at times.... I have to go in whenever they need me, for liquor order's, if someone is sick and cant make it, if the taps screw up, anything they can think of.... I also handle any entertainment, private parties, and the kitchen staff..... Keeps me very busy, but very seldom actually get a day off, without someone phoning.... Care aid?.... When I lived in Texas for 2 years, I did 24/7 care for a quad male, that broke his neck when he was 19, due to a diving accident.... Dont know how you do it, it takes a very special person for that kind of job, and I give you all the credit in the world, for doing it.....
Okay, I made it through the night last night, without cheating, well I did just a bit... I had a half a glass of red wine, poured myself a whole glass, but I got a stomach ache half way throught it... Guess my body just isn't used of it anymore.... For dinner I had, a prawn stir fry, with peppers and onions, and curry.... It was awesome..... I think the curry has a little carbs in it, but I hardly ate anything yesterday, so I think I should be okay.... And still be under the carb limit for the day.... Didn't drink any water, I forgot all about it... Will try today and get some down....

L- Egg salad
D- chicken wings and fake potatoes <califlower mashed w/cream>
S- 4 glasses of water????

3 more days till weigh in.... heavy sighs.....
[/COLOR]
Old 10-29-2005, 09:23 AM   #25
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Well back to work today for the afternoon shift, and am definately, not looking forward to it.... Tonight were celebrating Halloween, and have a band coming in, with prizes for costumes.... Should be interesting to say the least.... I have a very busy day today before work, so I'm gonna post my menu now..... Wishing everyone that is going out to celebrate Halloween tonight, a very safe and happy one!

L- 2 Boiled eggs
D- Pork steak w/ fried peppers, mushrooms, onions, and bok Choy
S- As much water as I can manage to get down. <can u believe it?>
2 more days till weigh in <bigger heavy sighs>
[/COLOR]
Old 10-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #26
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Happy Sunday!!... Woke up feeling kinda sluggish this mornin, had a late night at work.. By the time everyone was gone, and the bar all cleaned up, it was almost 3 am... But all in all, it was a great night, band was good, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves..... Back to work this afternoon, so I think I'm gonna have to sneak a nap in there somewhere along the way..... I managed to get down about 6 glasses of water yesterday, so yes, I am trying... Tomorrow is weigh in day for me, as I only weigh myself once a month... I find if I dont, and weigh myself every day, I just get way too discouraged, which in turn, starts a eating binge.... So to play it safe, I hide my scale.... Already know what I'm gonna eat today, so here goes it.....

B- 2 egg ham & cheese omlet.. 2 C Coffee w/whipping cream
L- 2 Chicken wings
D- beef stir fry w/ peppers, onions and mushrooms
S- Water, water and more water....
[/COLOR]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:00 PM   #27
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Hey, I was just wondering, if anyone is reading this mindless drivel, is drinking hot water, the same as drinking cold water?...... I can easily drink hot water, not quite sure why, way better then I can drink a glass of cold water....... Was just wondering if it would be considered the same?....... Hmmm, interesting...... Think I'm gonna go and see if I can find out any info on the web bout it..... [/COLOR]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #28
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Okay, here's what I found....... [/COLOR]

The difference of effect in drinking hot water or cold before breakfast lies in the fact that water at body temperature leaves the stomach more rapidly than cold water. Many people can bear three glasses of either warm or cold water an hour or more before breakfast without the slightest discomfort. This volume makes a prompt impression on the colon at a time when the small intestine is empty and peristalsis is renewed with the eating of breakfast. Or two glasses of cold water can preferably be taken, to be followed in five minutes by a glass of warm water. This method secures the stimulation of the cold water before the warm is taken. Such an early morning washout of the stomach not only relieves that organ of any overnight fluid residue, possibly aciduous, referred to by Hawk as a frequent condition, but relieves the kidneys by diluting the blood.

[COLOR=Purple]Okay, now that I got down what I'm supposed to do at breakfast, what about the rest of the day?? [/COLOR]
Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 AM   #29
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Dont know why, but today my ankles feel like their a little fatter today... Will wait and see tomorrow when it is weigh in day for me..... Today is a day off, other then goin in and doing a little inventory to catch up on from the week end.... I really should go and visit my mother today, as I haven't seen her for almost 2 weeks... I try and avoid going there, cause she's always trying to feed me all kinds of things that are loaded with sugar. As she sits in her chair, munching on candy, chocolate, and whatever else her lil hands can manange to grab..... Being over weight herself, you would think that it may sink in one day, that I've took control, and am trying to live a better, healthier lifestyle.... I was kinda hoping that I would "rub off" on her, and she'd jump on the band wagon with me, but no, she just doesn't get it yet... Okay, my dog is sitting here doing the "pee-pee" dance and looking at me, so I'm going to jot down my menu for the day, and go for our walk... Happy Halloween everyone, have a safe and happy one!!!

B- 2 boiled eggs, 2 C Coffee w/whipping cream
L- Chicken salad w/mayo
D- Chicken patty w/ bok choy
S- Water of course.....
[/COLOR]
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #30
Daddy's Girl

[COLOR=Purple]Hmmm, today is November 1st..... That means only 55 more shopping days till Christmas ..... Geesh, where does the time go anyways? .... Seems like it was summer just a couple weeks ago..... Well this morning was weigh in day for me, so I got up, took my scale out of the closet, got undressed <including watch>, and got enough courage to climb on up.... 161... Woohoo, means I'm down 3 lbs..... Now some may say thats not much for a month, but trust me, I am extremely happy with that.... I figure the slower I take it off, the easier it will be to keep it off..... So, 21 more pounds to go..... Today as a treat for being good all month, I am going to go and buy myself something.... Not sure what yet, depends on whatever happens to catch my eye..... Life is good..... Have a great day everyone!!

B- 2 Boiled eggs, 2 C Coffee w/whipping cream
L- 2 chicken wings
D- Pork steak w/ fake potatoes
S- Water, water, water
[/COLOR]
Closed Thread