Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TinO
Stats: 212/going down/150 -5'5.5"
WOE: LC, healthy, natural, doing what works for me!
Start Date: 2/3/04, 10/3/05, 1/5/09, 1/11/10, 9/7/12, 1/2/14
day 24

221 again.

I heard if I take my scale to higher ground I will weigh less. I suppose I could strap it on my back and take the ski lift up to Palmer at Timberline but not sure if I can get into my ski pants! The other option was to go to Denver... LOL I dont have time for that today, so I will just stay positive and hope something kicks in with my metabolism.

I need to re-read info I have on fat burning foods, dietary needs and focus on balanced choices. I'm also working on "why" I act the way I do. I tried the Meridia prescription my doc gave me (supposed to work with my seritonin to help me feel satisfied) Well, I think it made me more hungry!?!?!!?! Maybe because I'm a compulsive over eater? Maybe because even though my body says I ate enough food my mind says eat more? I dont get it... dang script cost me $125! It was worth a try. I eat when I'm happy/satisfied so it's not for me. I'm messed up! haha!

OK, that's where I'm at today!

todays goals:
more water
less carbs
TinO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2005, 11:19 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

day 25

Halloween is almost here. I have candy at my desk to share with the rest of the office. I bought the stuff I dont like (yeah I know, what in the world can that be icky candy corns. I havent touched any

I'm lowering carbs and focusing on keeping them a little lower for now. Hard to do as I eat an apple a day, yummy, and sometimes banana's. I will try not to add any other carbs...ie...bread ect.. I'm not trying to neglect myself but to choose food that I will eat the rest of my life. Just a little less right now to help with this "slow to come off" blubber (hehe, that word is funny!)

I'm deciding on my halloween costume... a Hippy or a gypsy/fortune teller. I have all the stuff for both without trying!! I will bring ham, cream cheese, asparagus roll ups for the halloween pot luck. Maybe put a scary rubber spider in a couple of them to keep it hauntingly good?!!

220 today. Last night's exercise... only 20 wall push ups and 10 mins of stretching and exercising.

*mmmmmm....water is good*
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

day 26

Step by step, day by day...

218 this morning. I've been doing very good on eating less and getting in a little bit of exercise. I am still hopeful dammit!! :blush:

I have little patience when it comes to the scale. I still feel good but alot of inside emotions are surfacing and I'm trying to figure all the whys and hows and what ifs. It's interesting as I try to come to terms with issues and not bury them again. It's all about emotions and emotional eating is why I got to be as plump as I am.. Once I figure out how to control that, the sooner I get to a slimmer body and keep it.

*25 minutes on the Gazelle last night
*20 minutes exercise and stretching
*25 wall push ups

*I want to feel and live healthier*
Old 10-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

day 27, day 28

The weekend fight to eating healthier. Too much time on my hands, too many parties this weekend, too much sugar in America! I did good!! I ate a bunch more calories than I wanted but I kept the carbs down!!

Halloween Party Saturday night.. costumes, drinks, fun, games, and food food food! I stuck with the lower carb choices, meatballs, artichoke dip and celery, spinach dip and celery, jalepeno dip and celery, and some fruit pieces..apples, pears, grapes. No cake, pie, yams and brown sugar, no candy, no alcohol (I know, what was wrong with me right?)!! I did good! I ate some pepperoni bites before getting there so I wouldnt be as hungry.

Saturday morning...deep water areobics!! Fun fun fun!! 60 minutes of heart racing exercise! Way easier on my body than Jazzercise. I will incorporate this in my weekly routine more often!

Last edited by teeinor; 10-31-2005 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

day 29

Happy Halloween! Just finished week #4 of my "start again and not going back" eating plan!!

219 this morning I am very dissapointed it's coming off slower than the last time. Up and down... ugh grrrrr ahhhh!!

What am I doing different? Its a delicate balance of food that my body reacts too. Too much of this, too little of that.. nothing is ever easy. The thing about it is... it takes days to figure out what my body reacts too... such a sloooooooowwww process. So instead of hours, or even a day to see .. I have to wait a week to know whats going on, then change for a couple days, then a few days after that see the results and so on and so on.

Crap, I'm not getting any younger... but I'm also not going anywhere either. I'm still the same person, life still goes on...and I know I want to be healthier mentally and physically and things change slowly. It took me a lifetime to mold me the way I am, it's going to take sometime for me to change the patterns.

It's ok. I'm still positive...I can control that and I know what kind of environment that creates and I choose to be a part of it

*smile and the world smiles back*

Last edited by teeinor; 10-31-2005 at 10:28 AM..
Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

week #4 pounds

mon
10/24/05 - 220
10/25/05 - 221
10/26/05 - 221
10/27/05 - 220
10/28/05 - 218
10/29/05 - 217
10/30/05 - 218
mon
10/31/05 - 219

Last edited by teeinor; 10-31-2005 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

day 30

I'm still working like a dog! I feel the wall pushups working my chest and shoulder muscles as they reeeealllyyyyy hurt! It's going to get worse before it gets better. I've managed to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day in consistantly now for over a week. BIG IMPROVEMENT FOR ME!! WOOHOO!!

219 this morning... I wish it would hurry up!! I know I need to cut out the creamer and coffee.... that's going to take alot of effort... I love my sweet coffee

Tonite deep water areobics again.. thats 60 mins of hard work!

This weeks goals:
Water
Exercise 30-60 mins per day
Be happy
Old 11-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

day 31

217 this morning! woohoo! I know, I seen it a few days ago.. but the lower the number the happier I am

60 minutes of fun, strenuous, pushing the body to work those abs and arms and legs, deep water aerobics last night! It was so great I think I've found what suits me best. I didnt feel as beat up as I did when I went to Jazzercise. Lots of ab work, lower back muscles, neck muscles... and thats what I need. This back/neck issue I've had since the early 80's is catching up with me. I've had the worst year ever...and that's when I knew that I couldnt sit on my butt any longer and do something about it...about me! My body is a little sore, but not bad! I'm so excited!!!!!! I read it doubles the calorie burn for walking and running... try doing that in 12' of water and you'll see!!

I've been getting in the wall push ups each day and I sure can feel them in my chest. I'm going to have the best cleavage in a couple months! Not that mine was bad to begin with, but father time sure is taking it's toll. They definitely are firming up. I can feel and see my muscles doing good things.

I put a note on my work computer to "drink more water". So far today, it hasn't helped much. I suppose I actually have to read the note in order to be reminded. I should put another note telling me to read the first one?!?!

I knew life would get better once I was committed to a healthier life style. My energy is slowly coming back and I definitely feel more positive....even with all my little scale mishaps (I heard that barometric pressure has something to do with that, and I must have a lot in my bathroom! hahaha!)

*life is as good as you make it*
Old 11-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brige
Stats: 250/235/140
WOE: My own thang
Start Date: 07/12/2007
Up and down is always the name of the game me with me as well so I know what you are going through. You are doing really well and your motivation is an inspiration to me who also has just started over on Atkins from losing and gained it all back. Keep up the good work.

When you are down, get up brush yourself off and start over again.........
brige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

day 32

Hi Brige! Thanks for the post and I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey It's a tough one but as long as we stick together and support each other it seems a little easier. I love these boards and all the inspiration, it sure helps to keep me going!

Today..

It seems when I dont do as well as I would like it takes me all day to get up the courage and strength to post to my journal. On the days I do good I rush into work in the morning and get on the computer so I can post! It's all about taking the good with the bad. Its all progress and we learn from how our body and weight reacts to the food we eat. Trial and error... ugh. So time consuming, but I must be patient!

216 this morning! This deserves a big WOOHOO! It's a number I havent seen yet and I'm so happy I'm hoping that my metabolism has finally kicked in and will keep dropping those pounds. I will take it one day at a time, and I dont want to get discouraged. But today Im in bliss How weird is that!!

Last night I ate a spinach salad at McMinnamins with my local weight loss gals. It's fun getting to know one another and see how well we get along! 3 hrs went by in like minutes. We are all different and on different paths. What works for one doesnt necessarily work for the other. I'm in this to lose the weight first then maintain. I'm learning to choose the right foods but I dont want to indulge until I get my metabolism in gear. Others want to eat normally and just eat less at each meal to lose weight over time. The other is cutting back on overeating and hasnt weighed and is judging loss by the fitting of her jeans. We all want to exercise! Very important!

Todays goals:
same as always--- drink more water
deep water aerobics tonite
Smile alot

*love thyself*
Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

addition... from a couple emails I sent today

I keep re-reading what I wrote and it's something I need to have available to read whenever I can. This was in response to a new friend who didnt understand or know about my food issues. I am a compulsive overeater, an emotional overeater and Im a diabetic. Bad combination. We are all different. What works for me may not work for others and visa versa. Until others understand that, comparisons should never be made.

----------------------------------------

My foot hurts this morning, like a sprain. And 3 days before Orlando, ugh! I'm still going to DWA tonite. My abs are feeling it, i worked them hard last time. It seems to be working as Im on the last belt hole of (what I call) my big fat belt. I started wearing it a couple months ago and now I'm 2 inches from where I started! I guess that supposed to say something even thoughthe scale hasnt been saying what I want to hear! LOL

Today I'm focusing on not splurging on sinful food. After I lose my weight I know I will be able to indulge slightly in little sins. Last night at dinner reaffirmed that I have to be strong and cant indulge right now. Even a little bite will slow the process of my metabolism and I cant be tempted as I am a compulsive overeater and that is worse than any habits I have/had. I am a carboholic! It's the same as alcoholism... one drink will hurt an alcoholic. For me, one bite of bread or one bite of cheesecake will hurt me. I am a diabetic and it makes it much worse and can cause severe and fatal health problems. I wish I didnt have this disease, but I do

So please, the best way to help me is not to tempt me or put desserts, alcohol or bread in front of me. I have little self control and it's very hard. Until I get control of this compulsion I am vulnerable in sliding back into a bad habit that has put my health in jeapordy. To go to a restaurant right now is one of the worst things and takes the most control. Seriously. Even yesterday I had to work with myself all day telling myself not to choose the wrong food when I ordered. I had fun nonetheless

I'm eating now what I would normally eat, and I dont feel deprived. I eat less and I'm cutting out the temptations of a small bite of dessert or a shot of my favorite alcohol! Once I reach goal I will be able to incorporate those back in a little and as much as my body and blood sugar will allow. But for now, thats my focus.. I need to lose weight and I need boost my metabolism! I am doing this for my health first.

Just remember, we are all different. What works for me may not work for you and visa-versa.

-----------------------------------

I know it's hard for others to understand diabetes and it's the same with everyone else around me. Even the ones that are close to me are still learning each day. It's hard to recognize and understand something you cant see. I've had a hard time of it myself.

It's taken alot of classes, nutrionalists, reading, internet surfing, lots of educating myself. That was the easy part. The hard part is changing a lifetime of bad habits. It was also hard to come to terms with the reality that the things I enjoy are killing me ..ie...breads, sweets, sugar. I have faced that fact and can call it a disease now, even though thats not so easy to do. The toughest fight is that I have to think about food all the time and what I can and cannot have and when. Luckily I am not on insulin. If I can control my sugar with food, the less medication I need to take...that's a very good thing!

The longer it takes me to lose this weight, the longer its going to be before I can get to weight maintenance and eat "moderately" and enjoy some of life's delights I'm still in the "figuring my body out and what it takes to lose" mode and I am paying close attention to what I eat in combonation with exercise. It all makes a difference to my scale! My body/metabolism is so dang sensitive to food... one little mess up right now (sugar intake) can stop my metabolism and stop me from losing any weight and then I would be starting over again, and again. It sucks I have to be careful and pay attention right now.

When I quit smoking I had to stay away from all my friends who smoked and from all smoking environments until I knew I had the compulsion/habit under control. It worked 5 yrs, 11 mo, 3 days cigarette free!

Im proud of myself too for resisting the tempations last night

Last edited by teeinor; 11-03-2005 at 01:56 PM..
Old 11-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

179 - June 2004

Hey I did it! I figured out how to post a photo! I am so smart sometimes

Last edited by teeinor; 11-03-2005 at 02:07 PM..
Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]teenoir you go girl!! I like that bike and you look really nice on it......[/COLOR]
Old 11-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

day 33

60 minutes deep water aerobics last night! We worked on the butt and leg muscles.... feel that burn! I love it! I wanted to do more ab work like on tuesday but I guess they need to mix it around for variety.

Well it's working... my metabolism kicked in this week.... here it comes...check this out....

214 this morning! woohoo!!! 11 lbs gone! I am jumping up and down in glee!

Now to concentrate on the next 5 days. I wont be around as I will be in... hehehe.... DISNEY WORLD! I am very excited and have my pedometer to calc all my steps!!!!!

Main goal...eat low carb and lots of water.

I will post later today...
Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Holy cow! I tried my new found talent of posting pictures in my journal and the one of my kitty came out HUGE!!! hmmm...ok, maybe I dont know as much as I thought I did

Last edited by teeinor; 11-04-2005 at 01:43 PM..
Old 11-04-2005, 08:23 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Disney World!!! I live in Orlando you are in for a BIG TREAT!!! I love the place. If you get a chance check Universal Studios and Seaworld. They are wonderful as well.

teeinor you are about to walk your legs off
Old 11-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

How flippin cool you live there! I'm so excited I cant even sleep! I've never been to any Disney and always wanted to go DBF is treating as he has business down there after I leave on Weds.

I got my tenny shoes and shorts ready and I just shaved my legs hehe... I hear it's somewhere around 85 there! I think we are doing DW for 2 days then Universal. I'm gonna rack up those bonus miles in a couple days!

I'll be the one waving to you uptop the rollercoaster!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

teenoir, I feel your heartache!!!!! The game of yo-yo and feeling like W T F??? Stay in there we are going to do the darn thang togather!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

day 34, 35, 36, 37, 38

1st day flying all day from Oregon to Florida stopping at O'Hare Airport in between.... man, thats a huge airport! Got lots of exercise in just walking between our gates. over 16,000 steps just at the airports!!

2nd day at the Magic Kingdom... very cool! Lots of walking. 17,443 steps PLUS 15 minutes water aerobics in the evening and 20 wall pushups. I did good

3rd day at MGM Studios and downtown Disney... WAY COOL! lots of walking and wild rides...weeeeeeee 17,082 steps

4th day at EPCOT.. another cool day... only 15,500 steps today but 30 of those were running past the funnel cake stand as fast as I could!

5th day... back home 6 hr flight from Orlando to San Fran... yeesh. Only 2,244 steps today... but it was fast walking! Got the heart rate up and burned that fat!!

I stuck with my new way of eating VERY WELL while on vacation. I had a bite of DBF's Mickey Mouse ice cream bar... I ate the left ear right off! I had lots of protein, I bought whole fruit..apples, banana's and managed to find salads for lunches. And of course... lots of water. We splurged for dinner one night and I ate salmon with stuffed shrimp and crab claws at The House of Blues...oh, and 2 margarita's! YUMMMM-MMMY!

It was so much fun! I am so proud of myself in staying focused on eating right. It becomes a challenge with eating out and all the fast food junk that America is killing us with.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

day 39

Back from vacation and back to work, ugh! I finally got to weigh in and see how I did........ I havent weighed since Sat morn.. and here it is>>>> 212 this morning! YEEEEEHAWWWW!!! :::::kicking up heels and dancing around the office while everyone is at lunch:::::: That's 2 lbs gone... and with all that walking, it better be gone! hehe

Life is good, enjoy it to the fullest
Old 11-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #51
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
[COLOR=Purple]WTG!!!... And hats off to ya while sticking to your WOE throughout your holiday...... That was a challenge all in it's self..... ..... Lei.... [/COLOR]
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lei! Thanks, it was definitely a challenge! I find myself holding my breath past the aromatic food joints... is that funny or what?!!

BTW - I love your new avatar, I'm such an animal lover
Old 11-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

week #5 pounds

week #5

monday
10/31/05 - 219
11/01/05 - 219
11/02/05 - 217
11/03/05 - 216
11/04/05 - 214
11/05/05 - 214
11/06/05 - *
mon
11/07/05 - *
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=Red]teeinor I saw you on the rollercoaster screaming not waving!!! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Glad you had a ball in my hometown!!! I told you to be ready for the walking and I am glad it paid off for you!! WTG on vacation....[/COLOR]
Old 11-11-2005, 08:55 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

OMG! He11 yeah that was me screaming!!! I didnt know if you heard me the first time so I had to ride again and again...screaming louder each time!! A guy in front of me asked me if I was ok... I said lets do it again!! I am scanning the pict today from the rocknroller coaster! hehe

What great weather and the crowds were small so we got to do alot. Orlando seemed like a real nice city. I chatted with a local on the plane and everyone seems to like living there. Next time we go I want to explore the city and country side... on the bikes of course
Old 11-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

day 40

60 mins deep water areobics last night... worked mostly on the legs, lower back and buns.. I better have a rear like a teenager before summer! I need to work on my abs more, I'm trying to learn those moves and do them instead of the legs.. I've always had muscular legs and I dont need them any beefier! Besides, I have no hips and a flat arse! Stomach I got...and plenty of that right now

212 this morning... teetering close to 211... so hopefully be the weekend end, that is if I can control myself at home! I am trying to schedule activities so Im not home! Also working on hiring a anti-magnetic engineer to work on the refrigerator. My frig has such strong force I cant keep from being pulled into it!

Have a groovy Friday!

*think thin*
Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Don't think of this as a "diet" because really it's not. Its our new way of eating!

Choose smart and do not over indulge. Bad habits are hard to break and so are creating the new good ones.

I know that life is guided by the decisions I make. The way I become stronger is from the inside out and I have to keep telling myself that. I am good and I control my own destiny.

*feel good about yourself*
Old 11-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

teenior you are right we are in control and I am constantly telling myself that even before I started change bad eating habits again. I tell you what I feel much lighter and not so miserable. Happier!!!! Glad you had fun in Orlando....You find your rollercoaster picture and I will find mine. Have a good weekend!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #59
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
[COLOR=Purple]Ohhhhh goody goody goody.... Me likes pictures..... [/COLOR]
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:26 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

day 41

Let's see...hhmmm... it's the weekend, yep! 60 min dwa this morning. My arms and neck are really hurtin' but I do enjoy getting up early to do it. Am enjoying relaxing at home with a movie and a log on the fire. 212 today. I ate lots of black beans today, they were yummy with my fire breathing dragon hot sauce. Just 4 bites of appetizers at the evenings festivities and a small glass of red wine, h'up. I need to drink more water on the weekends.

Im working on getting my DL picts on here!