Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Protexid for acid reflux?

I just happened upon this product, Protexid, the other day while searching for treatments for acid reflux. I've ordered three bottles and took the first one last night and had no reflux at all.

Has anyone else tried this product? Dr. Eades had a good article about it on his site.

So hoping this works. I hate PPI's.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Since my original post I went back to Dr. Eades website and read all the comments. I have now discovered that the product I purchased is not the product he endorses even though it is affiliated with the same doctor. He also states that the company is under a patent infringement lawsuit, oh joy. He keeps saying he needs to have more made but so far he hasn't.

I've taken the pills I purchased the last two nights and haven't had any reflux at all. I will still have the little belch like I always did but nothing comes up, no burning at all.

After reading one ladies comments I went to the original website and read the research papers and patents and decided to formulate my own using a website that will do that. I didn't add melatonin to mine for a number of reasons. The original formula has it but the bottles I've just purchased don't list it plus the company I used to formulate my capsules doesn't list it in available ingredients. If I think I need the melatonin I will just buy a separate pill. Sometimes melatonin just makes me too groggy unless I can completely sleep it out and that's not always possible for me. I also used better ingredients in my formulation such as natural B12 as opposed to synthetic. The cost of 90 day supply was 47.85 (free shipping), the Protexid is 39.50 for 40 day supply which makes it 88.88 for 90 day supply.

I think the secret ingredient in this might just be the B12. I started taking 1 5000mcg sublingual Methycobalamin in the AM a few days before I received the Protexid and was experiencing some relief from just it alone. I may change to a 1000mcg later.

Just wanted to let anyone who's interested know just in case.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote