Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karenjk
Magnesium Question

I know I read on these boards that magnesium helps with staying regular. I have been taken stool softeners for a while now and worried that they may cause issues but need some help. How much Magnesium do most people take to help with regularity? Thanks.
karenjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
started adding Magnetism two weeks ago. First by capsule (oxiode) now powder (citrate) and it has greatly improved in cleaning out the bowels. Before i would be lucky to go twice a week but now its one in the morning and sometimes again in the evening. Guess i was really full of crap lol.

Last edited by kay9; 05-11-2014 at 12:42 PM..
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Marvin
Stats: WT=410/345/225?
WOE: Atkins induction, Bernstein
Start Date: Which time?
I've been taking Magnesium supplements for this reason for several years now. The answer to "how much" is really going to vary. My suggestion is you buy a GOOD supplement and try the daily recommended dose, along with water before bed, and then a big glass of water first thing in the morning. If that doesn't do it for you, then up the dose until you find what works.

There is a difference in supplements too. I have finally settled on the Nature Made 400 mg High Potency Gelcaps from Sam's Club. Not sure if it's oxide or citrate. I can take two of those every night and be okay. Before, sometimes I was taking 3000 mg of other brands to get the same effect. Had one batch from Shopko that I don't think was working at all, as I got really hard stools and ended up having to use Milk of Magnesia to clear it. TMI, perhaps, but my life.

If you want my whole story of how I started this, PM me, as it's really TMI for public reading. LOL