Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Confused about the probiotic

Not sure what to do. I started taking a probiotic by qivanna it worked well but I have order on line and. It's 40! I wonder if I should try another brand that I can buy in store... Do you think all probiotics are the same? I am not sure if I should get it again. Plus it takes about 7 days to come... Ugh.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
All probiotics are not the same. I've read that you should buy one with more than one strain, and they should include particular ones...I apologize as I can't recall which strains they are, but if you google it, there are plenty of articles. Also, it's recommended that there are at least 10 billion of each strain. Yes, some probiotics are very expensive; they are the ones with several strains. I really can't afford to buy an expensive probiotic. I buy Costco's brand which is very reasonable (less than $20 for 110 capsules). It has 10 billion total of two strains, so it's okay but not the best. But I used to get very bad abdominal distress which stopped when I started taking it, so I'm happy with it. I hope you find one that works for you and is reasonably priced.
Ronnie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dian_US
WOE: PSMF - Atkins - Modified LC
Start Date: May 2010
Probiotics

Perlmutter from Grain Brain fame recommends one with at least 10 different strains and at least 10 billion CFU. He also says take up to 3 a day. I got 2 bottles of 100 pills eac bottle at vitamin shoppe for $30.

I read in this article that probiotics can work in as little as four days to eliminate carb cravings. Google: prweb Probiotics

My carb cravings went away after the first pill! I'm taking three a day. I feel so normal it's AMAZING! Ps. I'm also grain free.
Dian_US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dian_US View Post
Perlmutter from Grain Brain fame recommends one with at least 10 different strains and at least 10 billion CFU. He also says take up to 3 a day. I got 2 bottles of 100 pills eac bottle at vitamin shoppe for $30.

I read in this article that probiotics can work in as little as four days to eliminate carb cravings. Google: prweb Probiotics

My carb cravings went away after the first pill! I'm taking three a day. I feel so normal it's AMAZING! Ps. I'm also grain free.
Really? I was going to order one online for 40, but maybe I will try the vitamin shoppe one. I need one soon. My stomach is not good without it.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dian_US View Post

Oh wow!!! That sounds so promising. I need to stop my carb cravings. They are getting the better of me Thanks for sharing. I go to Vitamin Shoppe for everything. What brand did you buy--Vitamin Shoppe brand? I have to stop there this weekend for a few other things.

Last edited by dawnyama; 04-24-2014 at 04:57 PM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote