Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BringOnTheLard
Stats: 240/179/150
WOE: Ketogenic / VLCVHF
Start Date: Early Aug 2013
Has anyone tried this probiotic..Lactobacillus Gasseri?

I've been hearing so much about probiotics lately. And I do think that the SAD diet along with antibiotics, and so many other issues can mess up our digestion. I've been on several series of antibiotics over the past 10 years, and again a couple of months ago due to dental surgery. I ran into some info that there is a particular probiotic that's especially effective for abdominal fat loss, Lactobacillus Gasseri. I've ordered some online but curious if others here have tried probiotics and what their results were. Also were there side effects? Especially side effect maybe due to LC?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Some time ago, I took probiotics (not the one you cite) for about a month, but I never noticed any effect at all and discontinued use.

Recently, I've begun eating some fermented foods each day (raw sauerkraut and kim chi) because I've seen that recommended for 'gut health,' but it's too soon yet to know if it's helping.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BringOnTheLard
Stats: 240/179/150
WOE: Ketogenic / VLCVHF
Start Date: Early Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Some time ago, I took probiotics (not the one you cite) for about a month, but I never noticed any effect at all and discontinued use.

Recently, I've begun eating some fermented foods each day (raw sauerkraut and kim chi) because I've seen that recommended for 'gut health,' but it's too soon yet to know if it's helping.
Hum. After I ordered I wondered if probiotics might be effective when eating a conventional diet but maybe not if already eating well. I'll test this though. Can't hurt, I know my gut has been modified by the antibiotics, will be interesting to see how I feel on it.
BringOnTheLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
MyLovingSpouse and I started taking them...I am ultra low carb, he is
standard American diet. He has diarrhea/GI issues, I do not.

I decided I would give it 30 days, just to get him to take them...hoping it might help him...it has. But me, NO.

The variety that I took was a probiotic 10, including L.plantarum, B.bifidum, L.rhamnosus, L.bulgaricus, L.salivarius, L.brevis, L.acidophilus, B.lactis, L.paracasei, L. casei, and Inulin. States it has 20billion live cultures. Probiotics are not cheap.

I eat more veggies than he does...he says that 'green stuff' is poison!!! (he speaks of Baby Spinach)

It could be possible what you mention re: who probiotics may benefit and others it doesn't.