Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Does anyone take the 1-a-day multivitamins/supplements?

Just bought a bottle. I wonder if anyone can give me some feedback. Is it good? Does it leave much to be desired? Men and Women, young and old.... I appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks in advance.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Do you mean the specific brand one-a-day? I don't, but I take a one a day centrum-like generic.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Do you mean the specific brand one-a-day? I don't, but I take a one a day centrum-like generic.
Yeah, I was referring to the specific brand, 1-a-day.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateRed07
I take a Centrum Women tablet everyday...
KateRed07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bobby_Boomer
Unless they changed it, 1-a-day is pretty lightweight as far as vitamins go. I guess it depends on how much you want. Since I don't eat much fruit or veggies anymore (very low carb tolerance - permanent induction to stay thin) I use Life Extension Mix - but it's a 9 pill per day formula. It contains not only vitamins but extracts of broccoli, beans, tomatoes, and a lot of other foods I can no longer eat. Life Extension Brand also offers a 2 per day vitamin pill that packs a lot more wallop than most others.

Again, it all depends on how much you think you need. There are various differences of opinions from the "you get all the vitamins you need from your food" point of view to the opposite, "the soil is depleted, the food picked before ripe, and all the vitamins are gone before it gets to your table."

What's the truth? Probably somewhere between the two extremes. If you feel like wading through a lot of scientific abstracts, you can always go to the US National Library of Medicine - National Institute of Health's PubMed site (google pubmed to find it). Completely non-commercial but contains articles that have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals - so you should get both sides of the debate and make up your own mind. Searching is a little tricky at first, but not hard to get the hang of.

Good luck, and stay healthy,
Bobby
Bobby_Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote