Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Astrocloud
Shilajit anybody take it?

I've been taking CoQ10 supplements for a while. Because they are so expensive, sometimes I stop... I can really tell when I stop taking them. Now I was reading that this Herbal supplement Shilajit actually increases Q10's energizing efficacy.

I am skeptical of what I'm sold though. Since it is basically folk medicine, we are relying on local "experts" to identify and deliver it.

Has anyone tried this?
Astrocloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Okay, I just got my shipment in from Amazon.
It came as a dry brown powder. I mixed a tablespoon with three cups of water.

This stuff tastes bad; I mean really really bad. It's very hard to describe -the packaging describes it as "smoky" but the flavor is reminiscent of Choline Bitartrate (if you've ever put that in your mouth).

Since I seem to be the first here to try this stuff. I'll let you know if I "feel anything" after a week.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

I quit taking this today.

The effect was supposed to give me more energy. Since I have had a somewhat good effect with Coenzyme Q10 and that the study I read said that Shilajit increases ones absorbtion of Q10 -I figured this would be a natural energy enhancer.

In fact, I detected the opposite. Since taking this, I've been feeling run down, particularly at night. Perhaps, it works better for others when they are not low carb. Perhaps I'm not getting the "right" shilajit. Perhaps it's my personal body chemistry or perhaps shilojit is just snake oil.

Whatever the reason, I don't think this supplement is right for me. I don't recommend it.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
If all the claims made by supplement marketers were true, we could just pop a few capsules and be young, beautiful, fit, strong, sexual dynamos, with great hair and no body odor. I think you found another bogus supplement to add to the list.
Can't blame you for trying.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote