Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Multi-vitamins-- how often should I take them? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/806535-multi-vitamins-how-often-should-i-take-them.html)

NewestAtkinsFan 06-20-2013 05:58 PM

Multi-vitamins-- how often should I take them?

Should I be taking my multivitamins everyday?

I've only started taking multivitamins b/c I'm sure with the Atkins way of eating I'm missing out on a few vitamins and minerals. I take them every other day or at least 2x a week b/c of the carb count in them (3g).

Any feedback would be great.

Deosil 06-20-2013 08:54 PM

I take my multivitamin every day along with vitamin D and C. I also take several supplements I have listed in my thread in this forum.

I went for a while on Atkins Induction without taking the multi everyday and I felt very sluggish. I highly suggest taking a once a day multi every day. I just adjust my food carbs to include all the supplements I take..:)

NewestAtkinsFan 06-21-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deosil (Post 16480096)
I take my multivitamin every day along with vitamin D and C. I also take several supplements I have listed in my thread in this forum.

I went for a while on Atkins Induction without taking the multi everyday and I felt very sluggish. I highly suggest taking a once a day multi every day. I just adjust my food carbs to include all the supplements I take..:)

Good advice. I will try to do just that. thanks

Dottie 06-21-2013 06:45 AM

Unless they're gummy vitamins, then the carbs are likely from cellulose, or other fiber, and wouldn't count towards your totals.
If they are gummies, they could be sugar alcohols. If it's from glucose, get a different vitamin anyway, that's a pure sugar hit.

NewestAtkinsFan 06-21-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16480429)
Unless they're gummy vitamins, then the carbs are likely from cellulose, or other fiber, and wouldn't count towards your totals.
If they are gummies, they could be sugar alcohols. If it's from glucose, get a different vitamin anyway, that's a pure sugar hit.

Uh oh.... they are gummy multivitamins. :sad:

NewestAtkinsFan 07-18-2013 10:18 AM

UPDATE: new vitamins

So I just picked up a bottle of Men's One A Day multivitamin supplement 60 tablets.

I looked the box up and down and it lists no carb info. I'm assuming b/c there are none in it? The gummies did have carbs (3g worth) but I am assuming as someone had mentioned earlier, that because they were gummies it automatically implies there has to be sugar/carbs in there.

Do any of you take theOne-a-day upplements? Are they good? This is my very first bottle.

Mistizoom 07-19-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan (Post 16520628)
So I just picked up a bottle of Men's One A Day multivitamin supplement 60 tablets.

I looked the box up and down and it lists no carb info. I'm assuming b/c there are none in it? The gummies did have carbs (3g worth) but I am assuming as someone had mentioned earlier, that because they were gummies it automatically implies there has to be sugar/carbs in there.

Do any of you take theOne-a-day upplements? Are they good? This is my very first bottle.

I looked these up. They look pretty good. I don't see any major sources of carbs in them. I might get some myself as I don't want iron which is typically in the women's formula. The only thing to be aware of is you may want to supplement with additional magnesium as there's not much in there and it is in the form of magnesium oxide which isn't absorbed very well. Depending on your vitamin D status you may need more vitamin D as well.

NewestAtkinsFan 07-19-2013 07:46 AM

Thanks, I appreciate your response and feedback! :)