Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Great progress with CLA (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/805388-great-progress-cla.html)

scintillady 06-03-2013 03:36 PM

Great progress with CLA

I started taking CLA a couple of weeks ago and while my weight hasn't decreased that much, my belly fat has gone down a lot, and my pants are looser around the waist. I read that it works even better if you take borage oil with it, so I'm going to get some, but I'm impressed so far with just the CLA.

Yennie 06-06-2013 12:21 PM

That is awesome, I'm glad its working for you.
I've been taking it for about 3 weeks now, after reading all the threads on it. I have to say that, so far, I'm pretty underwhelmed with my results. But I'm willing to give it more time and hope that something kicks in soon.

Avy 06-06-2013 05:19 PM

I started taking it about 2 weeks ago as well, with the borage oil. I also do weight training 3 days a week and yoga another 3 days a week. Not sure I notice any difference, but the only it hurts is the bank balance. ;) I do an official "measure" of all the important parts every Saturday, although I only started measuring last week, so we'll see.

Sharss 06-13-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 16458999)
I started taking it about 2 weeks ago as well, with the borage oil. I also do weight training 3 days a week and yoga another 3 days a week. Not sure I notice any difference, but the only it hurts is the bank balance. ;) I do an official "measure" of all the important parts every Saturday, although I only started measuring last week, so we'll see.

How much of the CLA and Borage Oil are you taking? I have had some in the cupboard for ages (both), but stopped taking them quite awhile ago. Starting up again based on scintillady's Post I had also read in another Thread. :) I don't remember the proportion of the two I took back then. I'll probably start with what scintillady uses, but not sure about the Borage Oil.

Why did I stop taking them? Don't really remember, but most likely after I retired, at the computer too much, stopped exercising and basically went to pot. :sad: My own fault.

Avy 06-13-2013 03:48 PM

I have 1000mg? Not sure the bottle is home and I'm on the road. I take 4 a day to equal about 3200-3400 cla. Also taking 4 a day of borage oil, but they are smaller pills and equal about 400-500 of the actual gla. Those are the recommended dosages to see a change, from what I have been reading.

Sharss 06-13-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 16469353)
I have 1000mg? Not sure the bottle is home and I'm on the road. I take 4 a day to equal about 3200-3400 cla. Also taking 4 a day of borage oil, but they are smaller pills and equal about 400-500 of the actual gla. Those are the recommended dosages to see a change, from what I have been reading.

Thanks. My GLA are only 240mg.

Patience 06-14-2013 03:19 PM

I have borage and primrose oil that I haven't used for a year or two.
Should I toss? I also grow borage for the pretty blue flowers so maybe I could try processing some . . . well, that's really not likely.

Sharss 06-16-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 16470877)
I have borage and primrose oil that I haven't used for a year or two.
Should I toss? I also grow borage for the pretty blue flowers so maybe I could try processing some . . . well, that's really not likely.

Mine are old too, but not expired though so am using. I understand that vitamins get weaker closer to expiration date so I assume the same for other things. I called a company once regarding B Complex going into the last month for expiration date and that's what the lady told me. :)