Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   NEED HELP WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/802595-need-help-apple-cider-vinegar.html)

peds 04-22-2013 05:06 AM

NEED HELP WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

I am trying to get back to LC after gaining back about half of the 100# I lost several years ago. I am very interested in the use of apple cider vinegar. I have a lot of joint pain. I missed the early postings and want to know how much people are taking and how they take it--straight? If there is a way I can access earlier info please tell me how, as I am not good at navigating this website. Thanks

freeman525 04-22-2013 06:15 AM

Peds, I can tell when I don't drink my ACV. It really helps joint pain.

For me, it is easier to drink straight out of the bottle (about 2T), chase with iced water and immediately brush my teeth. I do it morning and at bedtime. So, I drink 2T twice a day.

Janice

LiterateGriffin 04-22-2013 06:53 AM

Wow, thanks for the post. I'll have to try this, and see if it helps with my knee-pain.

(If I can wear an amber teething necklace, I can drink 2 T of ACV!)

raindroproses 04-22-2013 07:18 AM

It's definitely helped with my knee and back pain I think since I started taking it! It also helps with cramping too (muscle and TOM both) and I've had a significant reduction in both :)

I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST taking it straight though, even with a chaser! And definitely DON'T brush your teeth afterward! Drinking it in a tall glass of water through a straw is the safest way of taking it for both your teeth AND the rest of your body. Drinking it straight runs the risk of burning the inside of your mouth, your esophagus, and/or the lining down to your stomach. It's also worse for your teeth to drink it out of the bottle... the straw bypasses your teeth entirely for the most part if you drink it right.

The reason they tell you NOT to brush immediately after something that's highly acidic is because you'll actually do more harm than good applying abrasives at that particular time. Simply rinse your mouth out with plenty of water, and you're good to go!

I wouldn't want anyone to experience any tooth enamel erosion from lack of knowledge on how to use it... especially when I'm usually one of the ones promoting it the most around here :)

raindroproses 04-22-2013 07:20 AM

Oh, and I started with 2 teaspoons in a tall glass of water with my choice of sweetener 3x a day at first and then worked my way up to 1 full tablespoon 3x a day in the same glass. If it's TOM or I'm experiencing some extra pain, I usually up it to 4x a day but I've never exceeded that. Those doses have been therapeutic for me and I've had no ill effects from it.

Hope that helps! :)

ravenrose 04-22-2013 07:44 AM

just be careful of your teeth. this stuff is pretty bad that way. they warn not to brush for at least half an hour after something this acidic. probably should rinse your mouth out too. good luck!>

peds 04-22-2013 10:04 AM

Thanks everybody for the info!! I am going to start using ACV today.