Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arielle
Stats: 204-195-140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov.2011
REALDOSE

Has anyone here ever heard of realdose weight lose supplement? My daughter is thinking of trying it, but it is very expensive.
Arielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Looking at the ingredients:
green coffee bean extract (very inexpensive at Netriton $10-$25 depending on the brand); Dolichos Biflorus (seed) extract and Betel (Piper betle) (leaf) extract (both of which come in a Swanson brand called Lowat for about $15); Siberian Rhodiola Rosea extract (nature's way at Netrition for under $9.).
So for under $50 you can get the same ingredients and probably a larger quantity than the realdose one offers for just under $70.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arielle
Stats: 204-195-140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov.2011
Thank you

Thanks for your quick reply to my question. This is probably the route I will suggest to my daughter, if she decides to give it a try. Arielle
Arielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: solarpluvia
Stats: 220/169/140 5'5" 37yo
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: 3 July 2011
I just did some research about Rhodiola for a friend of mine, and especially if your daughter is on any prescriptions it can be pretty dangerous. Here's what I wrote to my friend:

Arctic Root, better known as Rhodiola Rosea - Potentially very dangerous and not worth the risk. Only for people who are willing to do the research and be careful about dosage and invest in high quality products. Only Siberian Rhodiola has the correct chemical composition, Tibetan and Chinese rhodiola are worthless theraputically. Anecdotal evidence suggests that it is a lot like Ephedra, in that it helps depression because you are stimulated but can easily cause very bad side effects like headaches and heart arrhythmia and a signifigant number of people report a paradoxical reaction of fatigue. Many of the "positive" human trials were conducted poorly by a manufacturing company for marketing purposes. It would also probably react badly with a lot of prescription drugs, due to probable MAO inhibiting action. Ephedra was probably safer before people abused it into FDA ban. This is the new ginseng as far as health claims, but more dangerous.

Betel leaf is pretty scary stuff too. This just sounds like a random bunch of herbal stimulants that could do serious harm just from the ingredients interacting with each other. But I am very cautious about herbs in general. Just because it is natural doesn't mean it is safe. Hope this helps.
solarpluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
KSH
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KSH
Stats: 205/166/150- 5'10"
WOE: Atkins/Protein Power
Start Date: Got serious 3/13/13 at 172lbs
Hey I tried this. Actually I'm still on my first bottle... I can't say if it works or not for weight loss as I started LC right after I started taking realdose, but I did notice that when I take it I would feel much calmer and just generally more at peace... When I researched the ingrediets I found that rhodiola has that effect. Id say I also notice an increase in energy and some appetite suppression from it. I've also been able to really stick to LC this time (have fallen off the wagon several times in the past) and this time I feel extremely motivated and in love with this WOE. Just generally much more optimistic about it. And im also at one if the lowest weight I've ever been at since having children! I'm 6lbs away from my lowest, and about 13lbs from the "ultimate goal" I've had for YEARS, lol.... I can't say for sure if it's the realdose or not, because low carb has always been what works for me and I believe it's the only way to eat for life. I think it has helped me. Especially in the feeling better mentally. I also bought a bottle of the fish oil to try. Not sure I'll continue it after I run out but I don't have a lot of knowledge on fish oil and which ones are best?

Ps- looking at the ingredients on the bottle of the weight loss formula, I see that realdose uses certain manufacturers of their ingredients (for example the green coffee bean is called "svetol") and if you go on amazon you can find every ingredient separately. Idk if that would be cheaper, but I did find a product with svetol+raspberry keystones on amazon (svetol-the same green coffee bean that's used in realdose, but at a much higher dose!) and it has really good reviews. You can also find good rhodiola on amazon (I think I'll continue using that for its calming effects!)
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote