Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   vitamins to jump start my metabolism? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/798897-vitamins-jump-start-my-metabolism.html)

itzme91 03-06-2013 10:54 PM

vitamins to jump start my metabolism?

I have done excellent staying under 25 carbs per day(good carbs:) I have had no weight loss and the dr says my metabolism is pretty much at a stand still right now.I know there are vitamins listed in the DANDR to help jump start it,but I have lost my copy.Someone help please :)

Mimosa23 03-07-2013 01:00 AM

Hi!
Can you give us a little more information?
How old are you, are you male or female, how tall are you, have you got any medical issues?
Also, it would be good if you track your daily food intake somewhere if you don't already. This way you can really see how many carbs, proteins, fats and calories you actually consume.

Can you post a couple days worth of menus here with exact quantities so we can maybe help you out with some food suggestions?

Also, from your stats it seems that you are pretty close to goal. This will also mean a slow down in weightloss. How long have you not lost any weight? Are you measuring for inchloss?

Are you following a specific plan?

Vitamins that may help are Vit D3, and Magnesium. Others I don't know about really. I think it is sometimes just hype.

Look forward to hearing back from you!
xx

Leo41 03-07-2013 03:06 AM

A doctor actually said that your metabolism is 'at a stand still.'

I'm no physician, but from what I know, then you'd be dead. Our 'metabolism' refers to the system that runs our bodies, and it's always working.

My endo believes that I have a 'genetically slow metabolism,' but that simply means that I require less food than I'd like to eat.

According to my doctors, the only way to 'speed' the metabolism is caffeine (which is why it's in all those energy supplements) and exercise. But those things only work short term.

The way your metabolism functions is determined by your physiology and is less in our control than most people imagine.

Kismet311 03-07-2013 04:04 AM

Well, this might not be totally true for everyone, but on my bottle of Biotin it says it "may support a healthy carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism". I take it for the hair, nails and skin benefits but it can't hurt to try for your metabolism.
I also agree with the others who mentioned exercise. I was gaining and losing the same pound for a month and when I started exercising it really got the scale moving.

ravenrose 03-07-2013 11:21 AM

Amen to Leo!

please don't count on vitamins helping your weight loss, please! and please again! LOL it's easy to overdo on supplements and they can easily do more harm than good, if you don't research them and make sure your dosage is right.

since you are so close to goal, it's natural that you have a hard time losing more. your biggest goal should be NOT GAINING BACK what you have lost. you know it happens so often, it's not funny at all... sometimes we just have to let our bodies decide what weight they are willing to let us get down to. good luck.

itzme91 03-07-2013 05:40 PM

Sorry I didn't post enough info.I had a mild stroke in Aug, the Dr says my body has slowed down trying to heal from it.Since then I have gained 20 pounds!(just haven't updated my stats :( ) I have low carbed for over 10 years and have done great with it.My daily intake is around 20 carbs,most days
Eggs, sausage/bacon for breakfast
salad and maybe tuna for lunch
steak/chicken, salad and some type of veggie for dinner.I do try to stay away from the sf stuff
Occasionally I will eat an atkins bar but its not typical day to day,its more of a treat for me.I do drink diet coke/tea with sweet low but have never had a problem with it before.