Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Vitamins/Suppliments? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/798713-vitamins-suppliments.html)

junip3r 03-04-2013 12:30 PM

Vitamins/Suppliments?

Do you guys take any vitamins or suppliments with this WOL?

Curious what should I be taking?

Mistizoom 03-04-2013 05:54 PM

Right now I am taking a multivitamin, cod liver oil capsules, and magnesium citrate.

Ntombi 03-04-2013 05:57 PM

I take fish oil, but I've taken that for a while, because I mostly can't afford grass fed/grass finished meats, so I know my intake of Omega 3s is out of balance with Omega 6s.

I take mega doses of vitamin D daily, because I'm chronically low in it, and I self-inject B12 weekly, for the same reason. Also folic acid.

I probably should take a multi, but I'm pilled out. :o

Kimberli33 03-04-2013 06:14 PM

Just started the Magnesium citrate

GAVIV 03-04-2013 07:42 PM

I take a multi, sublingual B12, sugar free fiber gummies. My needs are slightly different though due to bypass surgery. My surgeon also wants me on calcium and iron, but haven't started those yet.

inspiration 03-04-2013 08:04 PM

I'm not sure what you should be taking but here is what i take daily:

3 g of fish oil
3-4 g of cla(conjugated linoleic acid)
2g of acytel l-carnitine
900 mg of ala (alpha lipoic acid)
A good multi vitamin
and 4000 iu of vitamin D3 on top of that
and metamucil every night before bed.

Avy 03-04-2013 08:09 PM

I take lots of things for different reasons...hair and nails, cravings, energy, skin firming... B100, Multivitamin, Biotin, Fish oil, Chromium, Probiotics, D3, L-Glutamine, Calcium, Magnisium, MSM, Vitamin C

kitcub 03-04-2013 08:17 PM

A multi and a cal/mag/zinc supplement. Sometimes psyllium husk. I used to take chromium too but have decided it didn't really do much for me.

Taxbane 03-04-2013 08:21 PM

Centrum Multivitamin (to cover all bases), xtra Vitamin D and Vitamin C to boost immune system b/c if I get a cold I end up going off plan, B-Complex b/c all those b-vitamins are involved with cellular metabolisms, which I want working 100%.

fiddlejen 03-04-2013 11:06 PM

I take a fizzy calc-mag drink supplement (ionic fizz) whenever I think I might get leg cramps. And vitamin D oil (by the dropful) whenever I remember. Oh, and sometimes Barlean's lemony flax-oil stuff... I'm not sure if that counts or not, but it's great stuff! Rarely, some "Emergen-C" if I'm getting a cold (that's another fizzy supplement).

But other than that, I haven't been able to take any other vitamins for years. They all seem to make me very sick to my stomach. Tablet or liquid, multi-vitamin or individual.
But, my doctor has checked my bloodwork fairly often & it seems vitamins may not be as essential as I was always taught. (Since my only apparent deficit is the occasional low vitamin-D, which is to be expected in this area anyhow.)