Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Just Started Raspberry Ketones (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/798686-just-started-raspberry-ketones.html)

ChrissyG 03-04-2013 08:20 AM

Just Started Raspberry Ketones

Good Morning Fellow LC Friends!

I just started taking Raspberry Ketones about a week ago. I have been taking 500-1000mg a day as the pills I ordered are 500mg pills (and on the label it say to take twice per day). I also saw them on the Dr. Oz show as many people did, and from my experience, he doesn't back anything that is not legit.

However, after 5 days I haven't lost anything but I also haven't gained. So I am not discouraged yet because it's only been 5 days.

I am curious about what I can expect. I found some stuff out there on other forums and some people experienced dramatic weight loss right away and others, nothing.

My goal is to lose about 30lbs, although 35 would be better! I would love to hear about your positive experiences with ketones; so please share :)

Positive feedback only please! Or neutral -- negative posts really bum me out!

Chrissy

Beeb 03-04-2013 10:56 AM

I just started these, too on Saturday. Will be waiting to see how it goes.

Mistizoom 03-05-2013 01:21 PM

My parents said they have helped them. They are eating low calories, not low carb though. They didn't do anything for me, and I took them for about a month. Have you made any dietary changes or are you just taking the raspberry ketones?

ChrissyG 03-07-2013 07:55 AM

I have made dietary changes. I know that while you take them, you should be eating raw veggies, fruits, low fat dairy, and whole grains along with moderate exercise. I eat low fat greek yogurt everyday along with proteins and vegetables. I try to stay away from starches and carbs. I am staying optimistic because it has only been a week. I also try to hit the gym or some form of exercise at least 2-3 times a week. It's definitely tough in the winter though, when all you want to do is lay around and eat lol

What have you been doing to lose weight?

Chrissy

TerriMM 03-10-2013 09:42 PM

I started RK a couple weeks ago. My bottle also had Green Tea in it. I noticed a difference in my appetite right away. I restarted Meat and Egg fast shortly thereafter and despite the fact that I got sick and haven't stuck to the M&E but about every couple days I have lost real well, 5.5# in thirteen days. I've lost a little eating things that usually make me gain and quite a bit more when I actually stick to the M&E. I think one of the reasons is I don't feel compelled to overeat. I'm one of those people that usually lose slower than everyone else, so I'm pretty impressed at the moment.

The green tea seemed to make my shoulders tense by the end of the day so I got some that were pure RK, I now take those for my second dose and I don't have that tense feeling and my appetite is still under control.

Anybody else noticing any benefits?

ChrissyG 03-19-2013 11:34 AM

Hi TerriMM,

That's great for you! I haven't really noticed any difference at all. I actually gained a couple of pounds. I want to keep taking the RK because I am noticing that my metabolism has definitely sped up as I am eating every 3 hrs like clock work. I am starting a new exercise plan this week as I need to do more! Also, have considered a high protein diet, or possibly Nurti-System (IDK about this one yet, it's just an idea) in addition to the RK.

Chrissy

Beeb 03-21-2013 08:11 AM

I gained also, and found I was hungrier than usual! Eating MORE is NOT what I need to do right now, even if it's because my metabolism is going faster! :doh::down:

It was just defeating the purpose of me taking these; to lose weight! Can't lose weight if I'm eating more! :annoyed:

ChrissyG 04-18-2013 07:43 AM

Well, I have been taking Raspberry Keytones for about a month and a half. All they did was maintain my weight. I have recently changed all of my eating habits (even stricter than before) and added Garcina Cambogia last week. In the past two weeks I have lost 6.2 lbs. And I feel great!

Part of my problem is that if I don't go to the gym or do some sort of exercise at least 5 times a week, there are no results. I know 30mins-1 hr of cardio has been helping tremendously. It's tough, but I have struggled with my weight throughout my whole life (childhood, teen yrs, early adulthood)...I know that in order to get and stay where I want to be, I have to stay strict (But I know eventually I will be able to enjoy the occasional slice of pizza ;))

ChrissyG

TerriMM 04-18-2013 12:52 PM

Thanks for the update Chrissy. I've been taking them for about a month & a half too. My opinion at the moment is they don't seem to be the magic potion that everyone would have hoped, but they do seem to make my other efforts more successful so I am continuing to take them. I also like the idea that maybe they are adding nutrients to my diet that I might otherwise be missing low carbing. Will I buy more when I run out? Yet to be determined.