Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   This is amazing. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/794694-amazing.html)

quietnite 01-17-2013 12:20 PM

This is amazing.

I have been struggling with depression, exhaustion, various pains, insomnia, crying jags, I could go on for hours... All winter I have been on a total carb binge. The last time I felt really good, I had been taking the crazy amount of supplements suggested in The Diet Cure...finally felt so bad that Tuesday I read The Mood Cure and bought my body weight in supplements (I fit almost every category) and started taking them exactly as she suggested. Two days, no carbs, headache gone, I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! It was almost instant. And I knew this from before...why did I not just get back into the supplements before trying to clean up my food??? I don't know...but I am going to remember this difference.

As soon as I got serious about the supplements and took them, the carb cravings disappeared. I know this is probably just my individual body chemistry but WOW.

DiamondDeb 01-17-2013 07:23 PM

It can be a life-changing book! Definitely an eye-opener.

I'm glad it is helping you!

quietnite 01-22-2013 03:53 PM

I'm just mostly posting here to sort of pinch myself- exactly one week since I started taking them...not a craving and I feel great. Honestly, I can't believe it this time. Low-carb tastes good again, I'm getting my energy back...wow.

Garden 01-24-2013 05:52 AM

So what are you taking?

janetsbreeze 01-24-2013 06:20 AM

That's so awesome - I love those books and have found some really beneficial stuff in there.

quietnite 01-27-2013 07:44 AM

I'm taking a crapload of supplements right now because I was so far behind the 8-ball.
L-tyrosine
L-glutamine
5 http
L-tryptophan
a basic amino complex
gaba

multi
biotin
chromium
magnesium
D3

the top bunch I take between meals and at waking and going to sleep (mostly but you have to read the book to get them right)
the second group I take with meals.

Tuesday it will be two weeks, no cravings unless I miss my sups and I've dropped 5 pounds, ( water weight, probably)

Avy 01-27-2013 09:58 AM

I wish these forums had a "like" button like Facebook lol. The Diet Cure might have been the best $18 I've ever spent, before the $100 I spent the nest day on supplements lol. I read your post on another page, and searched out this one to see what you were taking. Some of the same things as me. Now I have to pull out my book and refresh my memory on why I do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietnite (Post 16222250)
I'm taking a crapload of supplements right now because I was so far behind the 8-ball.
L-tyrosine
L-glutamine
5 http
L-tryptophan
a basic amino complex
gaba

multi
biotin
chromium
magnesium
D3

the top bunch I take between meals and at waking and going to sleep (mostly but you have to read the book to get them right)
the second group I take with meals.

Tuesday it will be two weeks, no cravings unless I miss my sups and I've dropped 5 pounds, ( water weight, probably)

Garden 01-27-2013 03:25 PM

Thanks for sharing your info. I'm reading the book now and finding it to be very interesting. I will be purchasing some supplements for sure. I wish I could find a Multi Amino Acid Complex tablet somewhere on line. You know, like a multi vitamin... Not much success in that respect so far.

janetsbreeze 01-28-2013 05:40 AM

The Vitamin Shoppe has a multi amino complex. I belive that GNC does as well and you should be able to order online.

Biochic 01-29-2013 04:25 PM

I have also had great results with the diet cure suggested supplements. I'm taking a similar cocktail!

5htp
GABA
Glutamine

No cravings/ binging!! :)

quietnite 01-30-2013 01:57 PM

Two weeks one day today. Still feel great!

mountaingirl30 01-30-2013 02:02 PM

I've had some pretty amazing results from taking the supplements as well. Getting my iron and vitamin D up were absolutely the most helpful, followed by taking 5HTP and L-glutamine as well as a potent multivitamin and B vitamin.

I goofed on Niacin though, and took too much at once. I looked like I had the worst sunburn in the world and I FELT all blistered too! The famous "niacin flushing" to the nth degree. Then L-tyrosine gave me a series of panic attacks. If I want energy, I just take a small amount of eleuthero root.

quietnite 01-31-2013 08:02 AM

I agree that it is a trial and error thing. You have to really pay attention to your body and see what works and doesn't for you.

Garden 02-02-2013 07:12 AM

Started taking an amino complex today. Also got a potent vitamin. I am a little skeptical, but will give it a try and post how it's going after several days.

Avy 02-02-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garden (Post 16235153)
Started taking an amino complex today. Also got a potent vitamin. I am a little skeptical, but will give it a try and post how it's going after several days.

It really helps with cravings and just toning down the need to "eat", atleast for me. :)

Garden 02-06-2013 04:29 AM

So maybe this is AMAZING! Dropped some weight! Have been at 153 for quite some time and this morning down to 151! And I really haven't changed my WOE. Have noticed that I'm p**ing alot more though!?! Is this because of the supplements?

quietnite 02-07-2013 06:18 AM

I have been going a lot more frequently as well. Don't know. But I feel wonderful.

jeepnbeep 02-08-2013 03:52 AM

Just checking - is that the Diet Cure by Julia Ross. She has a couple of books out on this, which one do you all have?

Also, the complex amino acid - what brand did you get?

Thanks.

Garden 02-08-2013 07:41 AM

I got the NOW Amino Complex from Amazon. I want to add CLA/GLA also. Reading the Diet Cure.