Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Vitamins and Supplements (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/)
-   -   Saw Raspberry Ketones on Dr Oz (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vitamins-supplements/756789-saw-raspberry-ketones-dr-oz.html)

QueenBacon 02-07-2012 06:54 PM

Saw Raspberry Ketones on Dr Oz

looks worth trying.. anyone else saw it?
Now just to bad its sold out EVERYWHERE! lol

breadaddict 02-07-2012 08:47 PM

what is it?

ravenrose 02-07-2012 09:54 PM

if you google it you see it's some sort of weight loss supplement

djksin 02-08-2012 06:38 AM

I was curious enough to order some, if Dr. Oz felt it was worth mentioning I thought it was worth trying. I like that it was all natural and no known side effects, I researched it before I bought it, and fairly inexpensive. I can't wait for my order to get here!

Salamander 02-08-2012 09:26 AM

I saw this too. Interested in hearing anyone's experiences with this. Sounds a little too good to be true :confused: I googled it and couldn't find any impartial feedback, just sites that sell it.

Sally

QueenBacon 02-08-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djksin (Post 15398627)
I was curious enough to order some, if Dr. Oz felt it was worth mentioning I thought it was worth trying. I like that it was all natural and no known side effects, I researched it before I bought it, and fairly inexpensive. I can't wait for my order to get here!

Me tooooo lol

sungoddess 02-08-2012 09:34 AM

i ordered some too because i have trust in Dr Oz. Once he recommends something, everyone goes out and buys it so it can't be found for awhile!! hahaha.... that happened with the white kidney bean stuff as well. I am looking forward to trying it.

luvs3pugs 02-08-2012 09:59 AM

At what dosage did he suggest, does anyone know?

sungoddess 02-08-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs3pugs (Post 15399279)
At what dosage did he suggest, does anyone know?

She said 100 mg with breakfast.

luvs3pugs 02-08-2012 10:24 AM

Thank you ....

lewlew48 02-08-2012 01:36 PM

Don't waste your money

Been there, done that. Don't waste your money!

QueenBacon 02-08-2012 05:47 PM

I dunno IMO 20$ is not so expensive to try it out. I have spent way more on less..

Oregon Transplant 02-10-2012 12:36 PM

I found it for $4.97 on Amazon. I'm willing to try it for that price!

metqa 02-10-2012 01:12 PM

I'll only trust it after my LCF Peeps endorse it. :heart: :o

QueenBacon 02-14-2012 06:01 PM

anyone get and try theres yet?
I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped :(
the site I bought from just sold out minutes after I placed my order.. DAMN DR OZ! lol

MSN08 02-14-2012 06:20 PM

I ordered it from Amazon should be here any day. Sounds wonderful!:aprayer:

QueenBacon 02-14-2012 06:22 PM

hopefully it helps! woohoo!
I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks

sunday 02-15-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 15399328)
She said 100 mg with breakfast.

I missed the Dr. Oz, but I was told by another person who DVR'd the show that it is supposed to be 1000 mg per day. Just wondering??? :dunno:

MSN08 02-15-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15419460)
I missed the Dr. Oz, but I was told by another person who DVR'd the show that it is supposed to be 1000 mg per day. Just wondering??? :dunno:

The video says to take 100-200 mg not 1000 :eek:

sungoddess 02-15-2012 12:14 PM

I got mine and am trying it and will report back later. The show did not say to take 1000. The gal said to try 100 at breakfast and you could increase to 200 if needed.

My niece who lives in Europe said they use raspberry ketone creams for cellulite where she lives. Hope it help with that.

sunday 02-15-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 15419608)
I got mine and am trying it and will report back later. The show did not say to take 1000. The gal said to try 100 at breakfast and you could increase to 200 if needed.

My niece who lives in Europe said they use raspberry ketone creams for cellulite where she lives. Hope it help with that.

Did you buy yours here from Netrition? Thanks for letting us know! :)

sungoddess 02-16-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15420736)
Did you buy yours here from Netrition? Thanks for letting us know! :)

No, I didn't. I didn't know they carried them. :dunno:

Kathy 02-17-2012 08:51 AM

Netrition carries Raspberry Ketones. They sold out fast after the Dr. Oz show.

This one is currently in stock.
Sci-Fit Raspberry Ketone 300

These two will be in stock soon. If you go to these pages, you can sign up to receive an email when they become available again.
AI Sports Nutrition Raspberry Ketone
Bio Nutrition Inc Raspberry Ketone Diet

sungoddess 02-17-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy (Post 15424425)
Netrition carries Raspberry Ketones. They sold out fast after the Dr. Oz show.

This one is currently in stock.
Sci-Fit Raspberry Ketone 300

These two will be in stock soon. If you go to these pages, you can sign up to receive an email when they become available again.
AI Sports Nutrition Raspberry Ketone
Bio Nutrition Inc Raspberry Ketone Diet

Thanks Kathy! I love Netrition and this is good to know.

QueenBacon 02-17-2012 09:31 AM

Woohoo

metqa 02-17-2012 09:43 AM

Saw this on Wiki:

Quote:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Raspberry ketone[1]

Raspberry ketone is a natural phenolic compound that is the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. It is used in perfumery, in cosmetics, and as a food additive to impart a fruity odor. It is one of the most expensive natural flavor components used in the food industry. The natural compound can cost as much as $20,000 per kg.[3] In 1965, the Food and Drug Administration placed raspberry ketone on generally recognized as safe (GRAS) status.[4]

In plants, raspberry ketone is synthesized from coumaroyl-CoA.[5] Extraction of pure raspberry ketone is usually 1-4 mg per kg of raspberries.[3]

Since the natural abundance of raspberry ketone is very low, it is prepared industrially by a variety of methods from chemical intermediates.[6] One of the ways this can be done is through a crossed aldol-catalytic hydrogenation. In acetone and sodium hydroxide, 4-hydroxybenzaldehyde can form the α,β-unsaturated ketone. This then goes through catalytic hydrogenation to produce raspberry ketone. This method produces a 99% yield.[7]

When given to mice in high doses (up to 2% of food intake), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight.[8] This effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, this effect has not been studied in humans.
the commercial product is lab made, but identical to the natural ketone?

So does this mean you have to follow a low fat diet for it to work since it prevents "high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight" Seems like ti would work on people who get from fat from eating too much fat. Does that apply to anyone here?

sungoddess 02-17-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 15424611)

the commercial product is lab made, but identical to the natural ketone?

So does this mean you have to follow a low fat diet for it to work since it prevents "high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight" Seems like ti would work on people who get from fat from eating too much fat. Does that apply to anyone here?

Itís my understanding that during laboratory research an animal study showed that while following a high fat diet, when raspberry ketones were introduced, it led to a reduction in the growth of fat tissues within the animal.

The reason I want to try the product is to see if it might improve adiponectin production for me. It is suspected that raspberry ketones may increase levels of adiponectin, which is a hormone that helps with lowering glucose levels. Lots of obese people have low adiponectin. More adiponectin production may have a possible role to play in decreasing insulin resistance. And it also might help reduce inflammation in cell tissue inside blood vessels. If it helps curb some metabolic processes like glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism, it might be a good weight loss support for me.

Of course there is no magic pill, but it might prove to be a useful support for weight loss. Raspberry ketones have been used in various weight loss formulas before. Individuals vary on what works for them-- so I donít mind giving it a try. Especially because it was relatively inexpensive before the Dr Oz show. Now places are asking $40 and more. :sad:

Dr Oz even said it isnít a miracle, even though the producers labeled it sensationally as such. I just look at Dr Oz as a messenger of possibilities. He talks about many products that may help and they may not.
He also has talked about Konjac Root fiber which is primarily glucomannan which a lot of people now use to help lose weight. He referred to magic noodles or Shirataki noodles.

The testimonial from someone I know that it changed the appearance of her thigh cellulite for the better is worth a try for me. Iíll see if I think it does anything for me.

MSN08 02-17-2012 12:43 PM

I paid 40.00 for 120 pills seems unlikey the mentioned "12.00 a bottle" is ever going to happen again since that show aired :( I am just going to try one bottle since they said results can be seen in 5 days and if its amazing I will fork out the money but geeze its expensive!

sungoddess 02-17-2012 01:41 PM

If netrition doesn't change the price, the one is $14.99, once it is back in stock.

breadaddict 02-17-2012 01:55 PM

I can't wait to hear reports about how this works out for everyone!