Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yes, MSN..hoping for good news for you..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks, at this point I hope it is a tumor but a benign one because although it scary it means finally getting treatment! Just removing it will fix my problems and I desperately want that!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coop229
Hello Everyone,

I am a type II diabetic and I need to get rid of this dangerous belly fat. I saw Dr. Oz talk about the raspberry ketones supplement as a way of getting rid of this dangerous fat around the mid section. Did anyone have a positive result using this supplement for getting rid of fat around the belly? Also, I am taking the saffron extract for appetite control. I've have heard rave reviews about this supplement on Dr. Oz and on Amazon. Anyone try this supplement for appetite control? I know some people look down on supplements but I am eating cleaner and working out but this fat around the mid section needs to be addressed for health reasons, as well as, for vanity. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback. Good luck to everyone is their weight loss success.

Coop
Coop229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop229 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am a type II diabetic and I need to get rid of this dangerous belly fat. I saw Dr. Oz talk about the raspberry ketones supplement as a way of getting rid of this dangerous fat around the mid section. Did anyone have a positive result using this supplement for getting rid of fat around the belly? Also, I am taking the saffron extract for appetite control. I've have heard rave reviews about this supplement on Dr. Oz and on Amazon. Anyone try this supplement for appetite control? I know some people look down on supplements but I am eating cleaner and working out but this fat around the mid section needs to be addressed for health reasons, as well as, for vanity. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback. Good luck to everyone is their weight loss success.

Coop
I also use supplements. My issue with Dr Oz is that he doesn't usually give information on who should NOT be taking the supplements or side effects to look for. I am taking the red raspberry ketones and I do not see any significant impact from them at this point in time, but there could be things going on that haven't surfaced for me yet. I am not seeing any significant increase in weight loss so far. Supplement results are usually not immediate, although Dr Oz stated results could be seen in five days. The results on mice studies showed results after ten weeks on a relatively high-fat diet of about 40% fat.

I imagine the amount taken makes a difference, but since there doesn't appear to be human studies, who knows how much would be effective. The mouse study noted that while a 1% intake of raspberry ketones tended to raise triglyceride levels in the mice, eating it at a concentration of 5% of total calories tended to reduce triglycerides.

I would use caution, and check with your doctor before starting them because of the diabetes since it states it could lower glucose. It sounds like it could be a good thing, but I would err on the side of caution.

Dr. Sarah G. Khan stated:

“Raspberry ketones appear to increase the body’s release of norepinephrine and this causes a rise in the body’s temperature which helps burns fat and increase metabolism. Raspberry ketones also increase levels of adiponectin, which is a hormone that helps with lowering glucose levels. The less circulating glucose, the less likely it will be converted into a stored energy source like glycogen. Adiponectin is found least frequently in obese people and may have a possible role to play in insulin resistance and diabetes.”

Dr. Khan also notes that that raspberry ketone may not be suitable for people with a number of different health conditions:

“I would not recommend this product to diabetics without speaking to their doctor because of the risk of blood sugar fluctuations. The increase in norepinephrine may cause glucose to be released in the blood while adiponectin would lower it. I would also be hesitant in recommending this to people on antidepressants or anxiety medications as the increase in norepinephrine may possibly make them become anxious or agitated. People who have heart issues or high blood pressure would also not be good candidates for raspberry ketones because norepinephrine can have effects on blood pressure and heart rate. This may also have an effect on people who have COPD or asthma conditions and may make their conditions worse.”

As for the saffron- I do take it and I do find it minimizes my appetite. But I think you need to be careful to get the saffron with satiereal. I use optimized saffron with satiereal and I do see a decrease in my need for snacking. I have taken it about 8 months now.

Hope this helps and good luck

Last edited by sungoddess; 03-21-2012 at 02:20 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coop229
Hello,

Thank you Beverly for your thoughtful and detailed information regarding raspberry ketones. I will print this out and see what my Doctor thinks.

Coop
Coop229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #126

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
My coworker has been taking RKetones for almost a week and she is done 4lbs. She gave me a bottle to try (2 servings at 500mg - my coworker takes 2 before each meal). I suffer from Hypertension which is under control (on meds). I asked my PharmD if it was okay to take along with my current med and she said it is. So, I took a pill this morning. I thought the lady on Dr. Oz show said that 100mg should be taking before each meal I'll go listen again. Also, the bottle I have includes African Mango, Green Tea, and L-Carnitine. I assume that I shouldn't be taking the supplement with all these ingredients? However, my coworker said this is the brand Dr. Oz suggested on his show .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When asked “how much works” on the Dr. Oz Show, Lisa Lynn said to take 100 mg at breakfast— and if that didn’t help, to go to 200 mg. I don't know how she came up with that dose however.

If you are taking a brand that has multiple ingredients, you don't know which of the ingredients is working or not working for you. Studies with the African mango were for ten weeks. Results were not immediate.

I don't recall Dr Oz mentioning a specific brand to take. But it has been awhile since I watched and I just don't remember. I don't like to take a mix of ingredients, again, because you don't know which one is impacting you negatively or positively.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
When asked “how much works” on the Dr. Oz Show, Lisa Lynn said to take 100 mg at breakfast— and if that didn’t help, to go to 200 mg. I don't know how she came up with that dose however.

If you are taking a brand that has multiple ingredients, you don't know which of the ingredients is working or not working for you. Studies with the African mango were for ten weeks. Results were not immediate.

I don't recall Dr Oz mentioning a specific brand to take. But it has been awhile since I watched and I just don't remember. I don't like to take a mix of ingredients, again, because you don't know which one is impacting you negatively or positively.
I don't know either, but I'm going to look at the video again during lunch. Also, I took 1, 500mg this morning after having my pressure checked (128/78). I just came from the nurse it was shot up to 137/92 . I can't take these, especially not the ones with added ingredients! Nope! I guess I'll just have to rely on the ketones my body produce naturally or something....
Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #129
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I would skip the green tea. It's likely the caffeine that effected your blood pressure.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #130

Dottie, have you found a good brand with just RKetones? If so, mind sharing the name? I'll also check out netrition.com.

Meek
Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #131
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Netrition has two Labrada Raspberry Ketones and http://www.netrition.com/sci_fit_raspberry_ketone.html
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #132

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Green Tea= Caffeine, stimulant, reduces physical fatigue, mobilizes and increases oxidation of FFAs; L-Carnitine=transport fatty acids to mitochondria for energy generation

Even if the ketones did nothing, the other ingredients would be affecting you in a desirable way.
You have no way to know if the ketones are working on their own.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Green Tea= Caffeine, stimulant, reduces physical fatigue, mobilizes and increases oxidation of FFAs; L-Carnitine=transport fatty acids to mitochondria for energy generation

Even if the ketones did nothing, the other ingredients would be affecting you in a desirable way.
You have no way to know if the ketones are working on their own.
Thanks Metqa

Have you tried the supp yet? If so, what brand are you taking?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
I have been using thesehttp://www6.netrition.com/sci_fit_raspberry_ketone.html. The only added ingredients in there are Magnesium stearate, cellulose, gelatin. I have not noticed any difference one way or the other. I have been taking two in the morning before I eat.

Last edited by Princessdmw33; 03-23-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Thanks Metqa

Have you tried the supp yet? If so, what brand are you taking?
*I haven't yet, but if I were to try I'd use the Netrition variety with only ketones. I'm being a skeptic right now and just observing. I didn't expect to be posting so much, just lurking, but this is a fascinating claim and I'm interested in the results.

I have green tea and carnitine at home so I could just take those if I wanted to have a known effect, the ketones on the other hand only have the mice trials and no translation to human dosing or human trials so in effect, those choosing to use it are the first human trials for efficacy.

unfortunately there are too many variables, but because folks are posting here it will be easy to see what those are and maybe factor for them in what may or may not be causing the effect, like the two additional ingredients for example...
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #136
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I have not been having any luck with mine.. I decided to go by the dosing on the bottle instead. im taking 2 before breakfast and 2 before lunch (1000mg) my weight has not budged in WEEKS
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
I have not been having any luck with mine.. I decided to go by the dosing on the bottle instead. im taking 2 before breakfast and 2 before lunch (1000mg) my weight has not budged in WEEKS
I am curious what kind of diet you are eating. For the mice, I read it was 40% fat. Are you doing a strict low carb plan?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #138
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I for a long time ate strict low carb. So I can't say right now I am. I have been eating an atkins bar here and there, and some nuts, and some sugar free crap.
Next week im going back to the basics. Nice clean atkins induction...
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cabinlover
Stats: 230/226/150
Start Date: march 2012
does anyone have a suggestion on where to order the raspberry ketones, i went to the eden pond website and they wanted $119 a bottle!!
cabinlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #140

Netrition has it with no extra ingredients for less than $20.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cabinlover
Stats: 230/226/150
Start Date: march 2012
Thanks!! do you know if it matter what the other ingredients are in the pills? I think that other bottle was so much because it was 100% raspberry ketones.
cabinlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #142

I did lose 2.2 pounds since yday. I tool 1-500mg after breakie. Today is D3 of inductiond .
Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi.
I have been taking raspberry ketones,{Off and on.
My brand i got at health store 60 caps for 29.95 By>>Bio nutrion.
made in Usa,{ Also Vegetraian. You take 2 times day.
Keep posting to let us know how it works for u. I hope it will start working for me.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: seekparadise
saffron extract

I know this thread is for raspberry ketones but has anyone tried the saffron extract with satriereal? It sounds promising since its suppose help regulate your moods in order to help overeating. I just want to hear about some experiences before I spend money on it. It would be really helpful if anyone who has tried it can share their experience. Thank you.
seekparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekparadise View Post
I know this thread is for raspberry ketones but has anyone tried the saffron extract with satriereal? It sounds promising since its suppose help regulate your moods in order to help overeating. I just want to hear about some experiences before I spend money on it. It would be really helpful if anyone who has tried it can share their experience. Thank you.
Yes. I took them for about 8 months and they worked great for me. I tried two versions and only the one with satriereal works for me. I don't know if it regulated my mood, but it does decrease my appetite and desire to snack.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: seekparadise
Thanks for the reply! Where did you buy the one with satriereal?
seekparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekparadise View Post
Thanks for the reply! Where did you buy the one with satriereal?
Life Extension
Old 03-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #148

Has anyone had any other results with the Ketones entering into this week.

MSN, Have you heard anything from your Doctor< Are you all right?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Has anyone had any other results with the Ketones entering into this week.

MSN, Have you heard anything from your Doctor< Are you all right?
I am still waiting they said it would take a week to get the results in. I am so nervous, I really cannot handle another let down.

I have to say I no longer recommend the Eden Pond brand because they cannot be bothered to answer 1 of 10 voice mails I wonder if they are even a legit place since they do not offer up much info on the bottle. All I want to know is if they contain any allergens but since they will not call me back or answer their phone ever I will not be buying from them again.
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I just stumbled across this post and wanted to say that I use Raspberry Ketones in my work... I am a Perfumer and we use this to add fruity raspberry aspects to fragrances! Never thought of it as anything else than a flavour and fragrance material!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote