Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SassieladyAZ
Stats: 171/143.6/133 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Start Date: Feb.2010
Carb Blockers....

Has anyone tried these or known of anyone that did. Just for say a cheat day? Im not saying I would try them, but everytime I go into GNC or Hi-Health and mention I'm doing lowcarb, they try to seel them to me. I would ONLY buy from Netrition if I was to try them, but wanted opnions...
SassieladyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zizi
Stats: Over 84 lbs. lost in ~16 months. Goal @ 3/2011
WOE: Low Carb Eclectic
Start Date: LAST Restart Mid-March 2010
Tried many, none worked.

Best,

Z
zizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karma4u
Stats: 155.0/144.5/126.0
WOE: Dr. Berenstein
Start Date: January 2012
I tried them

I was watching Dr. Oz and he recommended
white kidney bean extract, when I bought them
they are called Carb Interceptor.
Took 2 before a high carb meal, I didn't feel
that up and down feeling that happens with
your blood sugar. I didn't want more sugar or salt
and it didn't cause me to want to eat anything
else after.
They were expensive $20 plus and than I started
Induction, so now I don't need them!
Karma4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SassieladyAZ
Stats: 171/143.6/133 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Start Date: Feb.2010
hmmm, just wondered. I tend to not believe in that sort of thing, but even if they helped with the yuccky feeling that sometimes comes with eating higher carbs....might be worth it...jury is still out.....
SassieladyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
They work. I' lost weight even thought I ate 2 Big Thanksgiving dinners, one on thursday and one on Friday, and everything but the Turkey was starchy, I took 3 pills instead of the recommended 2pill dose and I weigh less than I did the day before thanksgiving. No Bloating, no farting, no water gain. Yay! I don't use them regularly just for Holiday meals like this and since I had been weiging daily up until this, I knew what my weight does with certain eating, and it didn't follow the pattern of high carb weight gain. I'm posting to all the Carb Blocker threads to say so since people still wonder. I've done this before but never was tracking my weight so closely before, I usually just annoyed everyone by not eating their dishes but this time I got to complememnt everyone's cooking, try each dish and dessert and still not suffer starch water weight gain from it. YaY
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sen2two
WOE: Ketogenic
I have been reading up on carb blockers lately and I can not get a conclusive answer. Some places say they are useless and do nothing, others say they work good when used correctly. A few places actually said they do and don't work in the same article!

There is some scientific basis done for diabeties patients to back these carb blockers up though...

I am on a Keto diet and consume 25g or less carbs a day. All my daily carbs come from eggs, a macro greens drink, broccoli, red bell peppers, and a little from my low carb protein mix I made from here.

I also noticed that before they were called carb blockers they were called starch blockers. I am wondering if they work only on starchy based carbs, or all carbs?

If anyone here wants to recommend a brand they use or know of that has some basis of working, i'd love to hear about it.
sen2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
I would imagine they don't work on ALL carbs as carbohydrates are basically any sugar molecule, but they work by inhibiting the enzymes that break down complex carbohydrates, hence "starch" blockers. That's why they don't work on sugar and sweets.

I'd imagine they wouldn't be very effective on a diet where the carbs are mostly fruit and vegetable sugars.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Melloshello
WOE: Low Carb
I have taken Carb Intercept and do keep some on hand. In my personal experience, they work the best on a short term basis. I took them for 30 days straight to test them out and I saw no difference in the amount of weight lost than when I was just following my regular low carb diet, however, I also take them for "emergencies" when I suspect a meal may contain more carbs than I generally allow myself and they work great for keeping the ketosis strip a nice shade of purple and I continued to lose weight. I also tried them when eating a full carb meal and they seemed to do nothing. I guess the best way I can summarize my experience is that they work in those emergency "add a few carb" situations, but not as a continual long term solution.
Melloshello is offline   Reply With Quote