Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jaycee
WOE: ATKINS
I started taking DE in Oct 2010, at first I put it in a swollow of OJ, then last couple weeks with just water,,,, I have for many years been sick with bronchitis seems like all year long,since I started taking DE I have not been sick with bronchits since,, also my hip and leg would kill me mainly after I go to bed,, I don't know if De had anything to do with it or not but it doesn't hurt anymore,,,, my hair is growing like wild fire and I am for once very happy with the way my skin looks...Oh and for my digestive system,,,unbelieveable
I read somewhere last week that you should only drink DE for 10 days and off 10 days,,, has anyone else read that ? I don't want to be without DE but I haven't had any in 4 days but I think I'm going to start back....
It is worth trying,, I have several of my family members taking it too and they also believe in it .
Would really like more info on DE
jaycee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I've been taking 2 tablespoons every day for about a year now. No ill effects and I don't plan on stopping.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: unknownissue
My experience with D.E.

I have been taking d.e for 5 months now , I am starting to notice , increased nail growth , instead of clipping my nails every 3 weeks , im doing it ever week and a half now (this is estimated) , my blood pressure went from 175/84 down to 134/70 ( no blood pressure medicine ) or change in diet , cuts heal faster < since de has anti biotic properties > , I had a infected tooth ( swishing de, and drinking it 1 table spoon per 100lbs of body weight ) dont be stingy with it if your 250lbs , take 3 table spoons de wont kill you, there are times i take de twice a day on occasion. I love to add de to my morning shake of Gold standard whey protein isolate (chocolate) w/ teaspoon of real hershey cooking dark chocolate powder w/ a teaspoon of powder cinnamon add a couple packets of "Stevia" packets like tru via , or great value stevia, ( yes its expensive but WORTH IT for your health , DO NOT use asparthame like equal or splenda that is pure poison to the brain.

Teeth , my teeth have regained a lot of enamal, also brushing with de on occasion will make them a lot whiter.

Around the house, we found out that de is great for cleaning , especially for polishing silver, we learned this bc our spoons started to get nice and shiney from steering the de in the glass, we had half clean silver spoons lol

Pets - i rescued a kitten , my little baby boy "Bynx" , he had fleas, after a 3 baths he still had fleas, for a couple weeks i covered him in DE , and no signs of fleas anymore , the de gets down to there skin and it cuts into the fleas body and dehydrates them, Plus he just looked cute as could be walking around leaving paw prints everywhere hehe , dont let them breath hardly any of it in though , its dangerous to the lungs.

Pets pt2- Cats , 1 teaspoon sprinkled on wet cat food , dogs i believe about a table spoon would be sufficient....Kills all the worms internally in there digestive track , This is NOT a replacement for worm medication from the vet , But if you rescue an animal, wouldn't you rather have them half way DE-wormed then infested?

I believe every single home should have DE , i give it 10/10

Last edited by unknownissue; 08-18-2013 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: added the pet section
unknownissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I started taking DE in Oct 2010, at first I put it in a swollow of OJ, then last couple weeks with just water,,,, I have for many years been sick with bronchitis seems like all year long,since I started taking DE I have not been sick with bronchits since,, also my hip and leg would kill me mainly after I go to bed,, I don't know if De had anything to do with it or not but it doesn't hurt anymore,,,, my hair is growing like wild fire and I am for once very happy with the way my skin looks...Oh and for my digestive system,,,unbelieveable
I read somewhere last week that you should only drink DE for 10 days and off 10 days,,, has anyone else read that ? I don't want to be without DE but I haven't had any in 4 days but I think I'm going to start back....
It is worth trying,, I have several of my family members taking it too and they also believe in it .
Would really like more info on DE

My family takes DE on an every day basis, do not be afraid. none of us are sick. i have actually never felt better
Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
Has anybody used DE to TREAT a flea problem or just as a preventive?
Cover the cat from neck down.

you can use de to TREAT the problem , but it takes more patients and about 2 weeks, KEEP VACUUMING if you have carpet. also a flea comb is good to have too , but no needed, I just put the cat in the DRY sink , no water , and sprinkle a heaping amount onto cats back , start rubbing it in back and forth work the powder down to the skin , then heres where u get messy with the cat cradle position if you can , my kitten lets me , otherwise stand cat on counter , same on belly , gets under the legs , alllll around the neck of the cat

warning : beware of dust , if you or your animal start sneezing , immediately move to a different area, do not breathe de
Old 08-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
The natural DE that we use is not as harmful or hazardous as the pool DE. While it's not a good idea to snort the stuff or to stay in a huge cloud of it, there is no need to panic if there is a bit of dust which there will be with any application of it. I'd treat it with the same caution as talcum powder. You can wear a simple dust mask if you expect to use a lot, for example dusting the carpeting or furniture. For pets, you can reduce dusting by putting it close to the fur surface , petting the fur backward to raise it up and ( with a small hand sifter) tapping it so it drops directly to the skin surface. It uses less DE and covers a greater surface and reduces the amount of dust clouds when the pet inevitably shakes in the middle of it all!

I applied it to the carpets of my formerly asthmatic BF's home and he had only 2 days of irritation from it, I , who applied it and was in the dust of it most, only had a bit of dry eye and skin, and a dry throat the next day. With a few days the fleas had been reduced significantly, but it took about a month for the new eggs and pupae to hatch, then there was a spike, but shortly after that, the population was again mostly gone. So yes, it can be used to treat a current flea problem as well as a preventative if it is left in corners of rooms and underneath furniture where eggs and pupae tend to roll or be attached. Vacuuming won't remove the pupa which are attached to carpet fibers so you will see a spike after initial reduction. Just reapply and leave it in as many non vacuuming spots as you can to keep working.

BTW, my cat loves the personal attention he gets with a flea comb. While it's not technically necessary, it is a good way to bond with him, and teach him to sit and stay, plus he gets a treat after getting combed. He tries to chew the brush, but he acts right for the comb, I think he realized he feels better afterward.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy G
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Paleo
I've been using D.E. for a few weeks for my feral cats that had worms. The worms are coming out daily. YUCK! Poor babies! I'm giving them 1 tsp. a day. I'm also brushing it into their fur for flea control. Do you think 1 tsp. is enough for a small cat?
Grammy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #68

Kittens - 1/2 teaspoon
Cats - 1 teaspoon
Puppies - 1/2 to 1 tsp.
Dogs under 35 lbs. - 1 teaspoon
Dogs over 35 lbs. - 1 tablespoon
Dogs over 100 lbs. - 2 tablespoons
Cattle, Dairy Cows, & Hogs - 2% of dry feed ration
Chickens - 5% in feed
Goats, Sheep, Alpacas, & Llamas - 2% in grain
Horses - 1/2 to 1 cup in daily ration
Zoo animals - 2% in daily feed
*Humans - 1 heaping tablespoon daily
Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NaturalRemedies
Molly - Bloom

Hi. i noticed that you said you lost 45 pounds.
I have been taking the DE for about a week now. and do you know when i'll see results, with the weight loss. I feel like i already feel light.. and not heavy or bloated just by taking the DE for a week. i am on my second week now. And i'm excited to see many results, especially back pain. Please ellaborate more on your results.

Thank you,
NaturalRemedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NaturalRemedies
Hi. i noticed that you said you lost 45 pounds.
I have been taking the DE for about a week now. and do you know when i'll see results, with the weight loss. I feel like i already feel light.. and not heavy or bloated just by taking the DE for a week. i am on my second week now. And i'm excited to see many results, especially back pain. Please ellaborate more on your results.

Thank you,
NaturalRemedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I take a blood pressure med that is notorious for causing constipation. The DE has been a great help with this - better than psyllium husk or flax. DE makes a great thickener for soups and gravies. I had some Progresso light cream of potato soup. I added one tablespoon DE to a cup of soup and had a nice gravy for a baked chicken breast over rice. It can also turn pudding into frosting. Does anyone know how many calories or carbs are in one tablespoon?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #72

I think since it is fossilized skeletal remains of the shells of sea creatures.... I don't think that is something that you could get nutritive energy from. In other words, I don't think it has calcium nor carbs.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2AandE
Stats: 237/177/140
WOE: Low Carb-due to PCOS
Start Date: May 25, 2013
You all have convinced me to give this a try. I just ordered a 1 pound package from ebay. Thanks for all the info so that I use this right.
Mom2AandE is offline   Reply With Quote