Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
Any updates on progress? I'm missing the combo so I'm going to start again at lunch today. Just hope I dpnt break out as bad this time..
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Anybody still doing this? I'm getting ready to give it a try. One question I have is when you stopped did you experience regain of weight or inches?
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Terri
The only regain I had was due to overeating

I'd be willing to start the combo again and track/compare notes if you want.

I thought it worked well, but stopped taking it as I felt like it was a waste of money if I didn't have my eating in check.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That would be awesome Jeanie, thanks

I just started today. I picked up a new bottle of CLA 1560 mg (for 2) and am taking 5 = 3900. I had a left over bottle of Borage oil 110 mg of GLA so I am also taking 5 = 550. Does that sound about right? I just ordered the NOW double dose.

Right now I'm playing around with Meat & Egg Fasts and Fat Fasts in-between low carb. I'm also trying to get my slow burn routine going, that's not going quite as well

What WOE are you following?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

I think your amounts look good. I have cla caps and some safflower oil (liquid) I bought from walmart that I want to use up. I only have 2 capsules left of the straight borage oil, but have some evening primrose oil that has GLA in it so I will have to figure out how many of those to take. I think I remember going up to 1000mg. of the GLA after some time at the lower dose. I plan to do meat and eggs for a couple of days to help me get back on track with my eating and then I will decide what I want to do longer term. Generally I lose better with higher protein and moderate fat.

I guess I'll take measurements in the morning.

Last edited by jeaniem; 01-29-2013 at 08:09 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just noticed your stats. I'm also 5'1-1/2". I've been bouncing around between 137.1 and 144.7 all month. Currently I'm 141.6. I'm ready to get serious and keep moving the right direction. I got down to my goal last year (125) with HCG but have slowly put it back on with bad behavior.

When you had success with this before had you already been "dieting"? How long until you started feeling some results? Was it inches, pounds or both?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Terri
I was at goal not so long ago as well (128), now if I can get to 130-135 and stay there I'll take it! I took the combo while I was losing and saw results right away in loss of inches around my waist and lower ab pooch. It's effect seems to level off after a couple of months for me. Ignore the scale for sure and measure.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm very excited! I measured yesterday so I'm good to go.

Anybody else want to join us?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Didn't do meat and eggs to strictly today- I need to plan better! Had a good eating day though. My measurements this morning were a bit shocking
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I took my measurements after Christmas and am almost over the shock now, but not quite When I took a few yesterday they hadn't changed. After beating my head against the wall all month with FF, HCG, etc. that was a bit disappointing. But that just answers the question of why I'm here

I've had two strict ME days. Today I had a little green onion with my eggs and 1/2 oz cheese. I'll probably have some salad for dinner with some fattier meat but keep the fat up and see how it goes. Tomorrow I'm not sure. I have a labor law seminar and then have to visit a friend in the hospital and a dental appointment. So I think I'll just focus on keeping it low carb so as not to raise the bar to high to achieve success.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

I turned 51 in December and think my metabolism has changed since I was at goal. I used to be able to eat really high fat and lose well but not now, a couple of weeks ago I did a strict induction and lost some water weight and that was it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I turned 51 in December and think my metabolism has changed since I was at goal. I used to be able to eat really high fat and lose well but not now, a couple of weeks ago I did a strict induction and lost some water weight and that was it.
That sucks. If losing weight weren't hard enough, throw in hormones. I'm 53 and I still haven't figured out what this body wants. I'll think I might have it figured out and then the breaks come on and stall. The best thing I've found is changing things up and alternating WOEs. But it does make me a bite of a flibbertigibbet.

I ended up with a pretty good NKish day. Had a taco salad for dinner with some SF whip cream for dessert.

Little worried about my seminar tomorrow. Those things are usually loaded with pastries. I'm going to have a big breakfast before I leave.

Last edited by TerriMM; 01-30-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I had a super big breakfast of ham and eggs, packed a big hunk of ham to go and breezed through the day Dinner was a steak with SF whip for dessert. My official weekly weigh in is Friday, so am very hopeful for tomorrow.

How was your day?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG Terri!

I am doing good eating mostly meat,eggs and a protein shake here and there. When do you plan to measure again?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Jeanie,
Sounds like you're getting back in the Zone

I think I'll probably wait until Friday. That gives me a full week plus. I have to say, I really do think I'm feeling the difference already. My pants seem to be fitting easier, skin feels better, complexion is better (rosacea) and hair seems softer.

What's your measure up plan?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

I have peeked and lost some inches already, but for official reading I will go with one week which will be 2/5. I already feel lighter in the middle if that makes sense, some of it is just eating better I am sure, but the combo seems to speed up the process.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know that part of mine is my WOE too, but.........
I've been eating well (for the most part ) all January and haven't felt that lighter, easier feeling until now. I don't seem to be having the cravings or "tuggings" so much. Part of that is just being in the Zone and for whatever reason I seem to be.
I think I'll go more FF WOE this week, NK for the weekend and then maybe back to ME next week. The scheduled change up seems to be working at this point to keep me from getting bored.
2/5 will be a week for me as well so I'll join you on the measure up
Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Ugh! I'm not going to make much progress with the combo if I have another eating day like I had today
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Walk it off girl, literally and chug the water. One day can't take away a great week.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Terri
I am going to measure on Thursday instead, I had chinese with Dh today and I know I will bloat up and don't want to get discouraged. Have you heard of the Amino Diet? I may give that a try.

How are things going?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a little bump today. Ate good all weekend, I'm afraid just too much of it But the good news is I'm still below Friday's weight, so not a blown weekend I started FF today:
1164 Calories
82% Fat
15% Protein
4% Carbs
I think I'll stick with my Friday plan as well.

So tell me about the Amino Diet.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Liquid Amino Diet Support Forum

I am just reading about it here and on facebook, still not sure if I will do it or not?? Did you measure today?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gatton
I tried the CLA/GLA combo a few years ago after reading about it here on the forum. I think it really helped me to lose fat, while sparing muscle. I got to where I was pretty happy with where I was at, and stopped taking it when I ran out.

Dr. Oz recommened CLA on his show yesterday, so I ordered a supply. I have a couple of bottles of borage oil too. I'm staying with a low carb WOE, but my jeans are getting tight. A few years ago, they were getting baggy.

Posts on another forum report disappointing results with CLA, but, after rereading much of this thread, I'm anxious try the CLA/GLA combo again.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Liquid Amino Diet Support Forum

I am just reading about it here and on facebook, still not sure if I will do it or not?? Did you measure today?
I read that thread last night after you mentioned it and looked up some books on Amazon but didn't get a real good handle on the specifics. I'll keep an eye on it. I did take Glutamine, which is an amino acid that is supposed to help with carb cravings, last year and it seemed to help. I wonder if there is a good "multi" type amino acid supplement that would just be helpful?

I'm down half of my bump from yesterday, so moving the right direction again. Usually I see the best results from FF the second day on.

I'm going to keep with my original plan to measure Friday on official weigh in day.

Hi Gatton I just started this for the first time and I'm starting to feel a difference in the first week. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #235
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton View Post
I tried the CLA/GLA combo a few years ago after reading about it here on the forum. I think it really helped me to lose fat, while sparing muscle. I got to where I was pretty happy with where I was at, and stopped taking it when I ran out.

Dr. Oz recommened CLA on his show yesterday, so I ordered a supply. I have a couple of bottles of borage oil too. I'm staying with a low carb WOE, but my jeans are getting tight. A few years ago, they were getting baggy.

Posts on another forum report disappointing results with CLA, but, after rereading much of this thread, I'm anxious try the CLA/GLA combo again.
I caught part of the show and she recommended like 5G of CLA a day -that's a lot!
She also said to only take CLA made from safflower oil, that it was the highest ratio (or something?).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #236
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I caught part of the show and she recommended like 5G of CLA a day -that's a lot!
She also said to only take CLA made from safflower oil, that it was the highest ratio (or something?).
I don't recall the amount, but it will be on the Dr Oz website. My research indicates that the best dose is between 3 and 4 grams per day. That also seems to be supported by the forum members here who have had good results.

I usually take Dr Oz with a grain of salt. He has supported low carb on some shows; then starts pushing grains, low fat and calorie restriction on others. He always has some "amazing new supplement" to talk about.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I went to the website and reviewed that part of the show. She recommends 3G, from safflower oil. She, and Dr Oz, were saying that amazing fat loss is possible without diet and exercise. I'm not really buying that. I had good results, but I stayed with a low carb WOE, and worked out regularly.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Checking in weight is up .4 , doesn't surprise me as my eating has not been the best, but I am down 1 inch in waist, 1.5 inches across belly button and 2 inches off lower ab pooch!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Checking in weight is up .4 , doesn't surprise me as my eating has not been the best, but I am down 1 inch in waist, 1.5 inches across belly button and 2 inches off lower ab pooch!!
That's awesome Just the real results we're looking for.

I was up Tuesday and Wednesday doing FF. Switched to ME yesterday and got my drop today 1.8. I measure tomorrow. DH talked me into doing a round of HCG yesterday. I'm not going to load, just do low carb. Then since I'm not a protocol girl, I'm going to try a low fat/low cal ME for my WOE.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Terri
You gained eating the FF? I can't eat high fat anymore and lose, high protein works best for me. I don't know if it is because the high fat results in less food volume so I end up eating more food overall?? My sister is the same way after losing 75 pounds eating HF low carb she now finds that when she tries to knock off a few pounds this same woe no longer works for her. You must have awesome willpower just the thought of HCG low calorie makes me hungry!