Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
Morning All, 3 days in and I am down 2 pounds!! I have not changed a thing except adding the CLA/GLA...Amazing!! I will add that everything I have read states that this works on inflammation and joint issues. After suffering from DDD and injury/nerve pain daily, sometimes so extreme I would just tear up at work..I am feeling better. Today is the first day I have woke with just a twinge of tightness in my left shoulder..Do not know exactly how this works..just know that it is..
Bikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lory47 View Post
Morning All, 3 days in and I am down 2 pounds!! I have not changed a thing except adding the CLA/GLA...Amazing!! I will add that everything I have read states that this works on inflammation and joint issues. After suffering from DDD and injury/nerve pain daily, sometimes so extreme I would just tear up at work..I am feeling better. Today is the first day I have woke with just a twinge of tightness in my left shoulder..Do not know exactly how this works..just know that it is..
Awesome!!!!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Magg1088
Stats: 5'9": 231.6 (16) / 228.4 / size 8 or 10
WOE: My own way of LC'ing
Start Date: 29 April 2010
oooooooooooooooooooooook... thanks for the warm welcome! I'll look elsewhere for the answer to my question.
Magg1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

MAG1088, I'm sorry, I didn't see your original post! I'm by no means a pro at this but I'm pretty sure its the combination of the 2 that makes it work. I'd wait until I had both before I started. Hopefully you can get it soon!! Let us know how it works for you. There are older threads with the same title as this one (without the year included) that may give you more info if you do a search. This is definitely worth giving a try (yeah, even though it tastes nasty - after a few days it does get a little better). I'm sure nobody meant to ignore you, I know I didn't, please forgive us????

Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
MAG1088, I'm sorry, I didn't see your original post! I'm by no means a pro at this but I'm pretty sure its the combination of the 2 that makes it work. I'd wait until I had both before I started. Hopefully you can get it soon!! Let us know how it works for you. There are older threads with the same title as this one (without the year included) that may give you more info if you do a search. This is definitely worth giving a try (yeah, even though it tastes nasty - after a few days it does get a little better). I'm sure nobody meant to ignore you, I know I didn't, please forgive us????

Magg I agree with Wallee.. I started on both, so I do not know if there is any difference. Yes, the oil taste gross but after a few days you learn to just deal with it. Maybe someone more experienced with the combo can give you the advise you seek.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone!!!

Just dropping in to report. I've been taking the combo for 2 1/2 weeks and although I haven't lost any weight this week I look all thinned out, flat and tight!! Wow! Ok, so I won't stop complaining about how bad this stuff tastes, but it IS so worth it!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: geaux_kat
Stats: 222.5/161/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1-22-2010
so after reading through the various supplement choices i've decided to try the CLA/GLA combo. just got back from the store - the H.E.B. here had several different brands of each to choose from, no liquid though. i really haven't had any significant stalls or gains in weight loss as of yet, i just tought it would be interesting to throw something different into the mix and see what happens!

i haven't been tracking inches lost yet so this will be a good time to start that as well. i'll be lurking around for a bit then check back in to let y'all know how its going. have a great week and keep up the good work!
geaux_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I do hope CLA can do what it claims without GLA cause I haven't been taking my GLA at all. I'm so bad with pills and I just plain have mental blocks against it every morning when I walk past the shelf!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Magg1088
Stats: 5'9": 231.6 (16) / 228.4 / size 8 or 10
WOE: My own way of LC'ing
Start Date: 29 April 2010
LOL sorry everyone.. I was on day 2 on induction so I was a wee bit emotional that day... sorry!! Today is day 5 and I'm feeling much better - I am jetting off to a meeting right now, but when I get back I will look through the older threads and see if I can find something. I'm not going to take the liquid CLA.. did that before and I can't handle it. I'm fine with my pills :O) I just can't seem to buy the GLA ANYWHERE! It's getting so frustrating.. I'll have to bite the bullet and order it online - shipping costs so much though. UGH.

Anywho... thanks!
Magg1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magg1088 View Post
LOL sorry everyone.. I was on day 2 on induction so I was a wee bit emotional that day... sorry!! Today is day 5 and I'm feeling much better - I am jetting off to a meeting right now, but when I get back I will look through the older threads and see if I can find something. I'm not going to take the liquid CLA.. did that before and I can't handle it. I'm fine with my pills :O) I just can't seem to buy the GLA ANYWHERE! It's getting so frustrating.. I'll have to bite the bullet and order it online - shipping costs so much though. UGH.

Anywho... thanks!
Funny Picture.
Why not order it from Netrition? Shipping is only 4.99 for the entire order no matter what.I'm sure you could find some other things there you've been wanting to get as well

I absolutely love the liquid over the caps, though I've taken too many capsules and My mind just rebels. I've been mixing it with my bark and its been acceptable. I have mixed it with soup as well as just downing it with a syringe. I have an old formula that just tastes like concentrated oil. I'm fearful of what the new formula will taste like (turpentine)

Check out Netrition. I'm sure they'll have GLA caps..If that word is highlighted blue then click on it.

ETA: http://www.netrition.com/now_borage_oil_page.html
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 05-03-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

1 week in and I am down 5 lbs!!! I do beleive this is the added boost that I needed. How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #72

I'm maintaining my weight, but not getting any inches lost.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

I'm on my 1 week hiatus but it did kick me into the 130's for the first time in forever (ok, its 139 but that's still the 130's lol). After that initial loss I didn't lose anymore but I do LOOK better. I'll start it again next week and see what happens. I do oh so miss the taste of turpentine in the morning!!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lory47 View Post
1 week in and I am down 5 lbs!!! I do beleive this is the added boost that I needed.
OMG, that's amazing!!! Congrats!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
I'm on my 1 week hiatus but it did kick me into the 130's for the first time in forever (ok, its 139 but that's still the 130's lol). After that initial loss I didn't lose anymore but I do LOOK better. I'll start it again next week and see what happens. I do oh so miss the taste of turpentine in the morning!!
Reeeeealy??? Congrats on hitting the 130's!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #76

I might give up on CLA once this bottle is finished. I'm not really seeing any benefit on myself. Others seem to get some weight loss or more importantly inches loss.

Even taking it in triple dose is showing nothing. I dunno, maybe I do have to take it with GLA just to get the benefits.

But It's too expensive to keep taking and not seeing any results. My belly is as fat and big around as it ever wash and I've even lost 8lbs( using HcG) , and still see no inches lost.

I love the support here for CLA but I feel I can't really contribute when I'm not seeing the benefit personally. I can quote statistics and suggestions, but I can't say how it has helped me personally. (besides forcing me to actually form the habit of taking a dose of something each day morning and afternoon, what a chore!@ )

Any way , that's my concession.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I dunno, maybe I do have to take it with GLA just to get the benefits.
Hey, why have you chosen to not take the GLA? Just curious.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #78

I just keep forgetting mostly. I have a hard time taking pills, so more often than not I'll forget to take it. The CLA being in liquid form has been the only reason I can keep taking it so easily. I find GLA pills all over where I take them out, intending to take them and put them down while getting a glass of water or getting dressed!

If some company put the oils together in an emulsion that I could take with a dropper or from a spoon, I'd be set!

Last edited by metqa; 05-10-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Ahhh, ok! I keep my oil in the fridge and my borage oil caps on the counter next to it, otherwise I'd probably forget too. I'm going to go back on the combo Wednesday......... mmmmmmmmm, turpentine!! I weighed in Saturday morning and was down another 2 pounds but can't really count it knowing I overindulged Saturday (my birthday) and Sunday (mother's day). I'll weigh in again this Saturday, knowing those 2 pounds will be back. Ugh! But y'know what? It was worth it and I'd do it all again!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KUKU4U75
Stats: 171/?/135
Start Date: 02/01/2010
Well i started this (kind of low carb) diet, its called a calorie shifting diet, along w/ my combo. I am down 9lbs in 11 days... i know some of it is water weight and i'm sure the weight loss will even out next cycle. Its 11 days on and 3 days off. Its called fat loss 4 idiots. Me and my hubby decided to try it. It did cost like $40 I think, not too bad. Will keep you updated on my next cycle. Hopefully the combo is helping too.

Kara
KUKU4U75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: capnash
Stats: 134/134/120
No luck CLA/GLA

I have been trying the CLA/GLA for about 3 weeks and I haven't noticed any changes at all. I am 52 yrs old and I cannot lose the 10 lbs I have packed on over the winter. It is all in the middle! Any suggestions?
capnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Obliana
My scale usually slows down some with the addition of cla/gla but the inches seem to change drastically, as long as I'm exercising. without the exercise, there is a much slower inch loss than there is with the exercise.
Obliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #83
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Hey hey hey!!!

Haven't read any of the posts yet so I don't know what's going on with ya'll or who is even here anymore... I do see Metqa is on.....Hey girl, how are ya!

Yeah.... I just didn't want to become extinct even though it seems like i was endangered.

Wishing you all woosh fairy visits and skinny jeans! LOL!

chic
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
Hey hey hey!!!

Haven't read any of the posts yet so I don't know what's going on with ya'll or who is even here anymore... I do see Metqa is on.....Hey girl, how are ya!

Yeah.... I just didn't want to become extinct even though it seems like i was endangered.

Wishing you all woosh fairy visits and skinny jeans! LOL!

chic
Hey Chic! Missed Ya! I've been laying low since I've been a CLA Failure! it's been awfully quiet. Some new folks but not much chattin'

Phils probably off somewhere either working or shooting something.

Trish is still here sometimes too!

How've YOU been!?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: roofarmer
Hi Kycowgirl,

Are you able to point me to the research on recommended dosages for CLA/GLA? I have been searching the web but can't find any research where they recommend the dosages to take.

You mention 3400mg CLA + 500-1000mg GLA as recommended dosage. What reserach report did you base this on?

Thanks and excuse me if you have already mentioned this. There was a chart on one of your other posts with the research but it has disapppeared 0-:

Jamie
roofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Internetjoan
Stats: 203/188/149
New to this

KyCowGirl,
I saw some of your emails from years ago and was delighted to find this. I have lost and gained the same 50 lbs more times than I care to admit. I started in January just on my own, no diet, and did ok. Then a friend suggested the Fat Flush, which lead me to GLA/CLA.

My question: It seems like everyone is getting their GLA from borrage oil. I bought Fat Flushes GLA90 from black currant seed oil from Unikey. 500 mg with yeild of 90 mg GLA. Recommended 4 per day. Am I on the right track? This is day 2 with GLA/CLA!
Internetjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #87
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Metqa....My dear, you are SO not a failure at this.....okay if you wanna call it that then I failed at it after the FIRST time I stopped the combo. I can't stress enough that people must stick with it because after you try it again after gaining weight back, it doesn't seem to work!

I was doing a vegan WOE there for awhile. I really felt fab but it was hard to stick to. I'm back LCing again and i have to say....it's truly the best program for me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that i'm not hungry when I limit the heck out of my carbs. If i don't eat them, i don't want them!

Still trying to stay in shape with exercise. Not as much of a freak as i was before. I still hit the gym at least a few times a week just to get out of the house.

Family life is still the same.....blessed. And so here I am thankful to see you are doing well!

Phil, Kimlou, Trisha, Mikki, ADLMA, Michele & LuckiAngel u guys too!

Last edited by Justachic; 05-20-2010 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: ;) not tellin
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
Metqa....My dear, you are SO not a failure at this.....okay if you wanna call it that then I failed at it after the FIRST time I stopped the combo. I can't stress enough that people must stick with it because after you try it again after gaining weight back, it doesn't seem to work!

I was doing a vegan WOE there for awhile. I really felt fab but it was hard to stick to. I'm back LCing again and i have to say....it's truly the best program for me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that i'm not hungry when I limit the heck out of my carbs. If i don't eat them, i don't want them!

Still trying to stay in shape with exercise. Not as much of a freak as i was before. I still hit the gym at least a few times a week just to get out of the house.

Family life is still the same.....blessed. And so here I am thankful to see you are doing well!

Phil, Trisha, Mikki, ADLMA, Michele & LuckiAngel u guys too!
well, I never really saw any inches lost on it. I really need to exercise. I'm so scared of getting hurt though. I'll bet if I did exercise and kept taking the CLA I'd see inches lost. Heck I'd probably see inches lost just with exercise.

I can't decide where to start, but I still have my old denise austin tapes I used to use religiously when I was so full of crazy energy and felt like I could lift the world!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Phils probably off somewhere either working or shooting something.
Actually I was shooting something! I was out mowing yesterday afternoon and noticed a rather large limb hanging by a thread about 30 foot up in one of my trees out back. It had to come down...really didn't want it to fall on either me, my wife or my boys so I decided to remove it by force. Loaded up the 12 gauge with 3 inch magnum turkey loads and got a bit trigger happy. What can I say, I'm easily amused.
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabowhunter View Post
Actually I was shooting something! I was out mowing yesterday afternoon and noticed a rather large limb hanging by a thread about 30 foot up in one of my trees out back. It had to come down...really didn't want it to fall on either me, my wife or my boys so I decided to remove it by force. Loaded up the 12 gauge with 3 inch magnum turkey loads and got a bit trigger happy. What can I say, I'm easily amused.
Was I right or was I right!! Hey Phil! Missed You!