Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: droppin
Stats: 258.4/223/150-new start 12/29/2011
WOE: My Own Low Carb
Start Date: 12/29/2011
Slimfast Low Carb Shakes

Has anyone heard of the low carb slimfast shake and if so do they hurt you low carb diet. I was thinking of trying some but I wasn't sure if they would hurt me or not. They say thet are only 150 calories and 1 sugar and 2 net carbs. They look wonderfull but thought I would get a few opinions before I bought some.
droppin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
I think the quality of these is very poor and they seem to cause problems for many (not just slimfast but shakes in general) but if this appeals to you you should try it and see what happens.

Check out this thread as well though. Looks pretty seriousl.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...-recalled.html
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jkabens
Thumbs up

I have been using the Slim Fast low carb shakes as creamer in my coffee for several years. I think it is the healthiest creamer I can use. I have been getting it at Sams for about 18 or so per case of 15 11 oz cans. Since the recall during fall of 09, I haven't seen it in the stores. I hope it will be available shortly. Have been using Muscle Milk and Atkins shakes but don't like them as well. The Slim Fast low carb shake is just protein and mono unsaturated fat plus vits and mins-quite healthy! Jim
jkabens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #4

Gallery: Houston Heather
Stats: 228/166/160 Waist: 42/31/31
WOE: Atkins 2002 Ongoing Weight Loss/pre maintenance
Start Date: Feb 26, 2008 (second and last time)
I loved them and never had a problem with them. They do trigger migraines now. That's me, not them.

I would give one to my husband, no question. Or my Dad. Not that he'd touch it!
Houston Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cshos
Stats: 150/134/125
WOE: Adkins or very LC
Start Date: (2007) June 2011 restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkabens View Post
I have been using the Slim Fast low carb shakes as creamer in my coffee for several years. I think it is the healthiest creamer I can use. I have been getting it at Sams for about 18 or so per case of 15 11 oz cans. Since the recall during fall of 09, I haven't seen it in the stores. I hope it will be available shortly. Have been using Muscle Milk and Atkins shakes but don't like them as well. The Slim Fast low carb shake is just protein and mono unsaturated fat plus vits and mins-quite healthy! Jim
Sams gave me a call about the recall, telling me that their records showed that I had bought some. (true)

Our Sams has Slimfast back in stock...the 1 2 3 diet plan.....NOT the low carb version. I agree that it tastes better than the Atkins brand and miss it too.

I've never thought to use it as a CREAMER. What a wonderful idea! I've been feeling guilty about all the cream (or half and half) I use in my coffee every day. I also need to cut back a little on the coffee....maybe sometime...I enjoy it too much.
cshos is offline   Reply With Quote