Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jessielee27
Stats: 297/284/160
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: february 8 2010
hey everyone i know im starting to get annoying..or at least i would be if someone would come on and talk with me but i need to know what the best multi vitamin would be to take on the atkins. thanks and please someone join me soon.
jessielee27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Obliana
Jessie. I'm not doing atkins so can't give you the necessary information. You shoul post the question in the main lobby. I bet you will get multiple answers very quickly!
Obliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #153
Junior LCF Member

ok thanks ill check it out
Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielee27 View Post
hey everyone i know im starting to get annoying..or at least i would be if someone would come on and talk with me but i need to know what the best multi vitamin would be to take on the atkins. thanks and please someone join me soon.
Heheh Don't worry about it. We all have questions, don't feel put out to ask!

As far as menus, It's really extremely easy. Just take the list of acceptable foods ( I'm assuming inductions) and see what you want to eat from that. and count the carbs. Another option if you are bad at making decisions is to check out Linda Sue. She has a recipe site that has all sorts of catagories and indicate which ones are induction friendly, and she even has Induction menu suggestions. She rates them with stars for how good they are.
Linda Sue's Induction Menu Suggestions

Linda Sue's Recipes

Keep in mind,not all recipes are induction, as she did a lot of recipe testing and sometimes uses special ingredients, but it's easy enough to look at the ingredient list to check if you have or need anything.

Oh and remember, You do NOT "have to eat eggs for breakfast" everyday, or at all if you don't want. YOu could have steak or breakfast if you want, or soup, or salad, or side dish, or just coffee. It's up to you, what and when you eat, you don't have to follow the stereotype of eggs and bacon for breakfast ad nauseum.
Hope That Helps.

As far as vitamins, any regular multi should be fine, if you are eating meat and veggies you ought to be gettng all you need. But some like to take supplements that aren't typically in multis, like chromium and glutamine, for cravings or blood sugar, but I don't recommend that unless you've researched whether you need it or not. I dont even take a one a day anymore unless I'm stressed, or sick or super busy and not eating right, and I used to be a huge vitamin advocate, still am!@
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 02-05-2010 at 07:39 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

ok thank you soooo much i just wanna make sure i have all my ducks in a row before i start.do you think i should wait to do the combo till after induction. i mean i will prob be on induction for awhile to get a good start. but im real anxiouse to start the combo. do you know of anyone who did induction and combo and still had good results thanks again.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Jessie, I wish I could get myself as motivated as I was back in 2005 when I first started this. I've been doing some major stress eating and not taking the combo like I should. I need to change my stats since I have went back up to 198 !! I just cannot get myself motivated even though I feel miserable with the weight back. I stopped the coconut oil after a couple days. I just can't stand the slimy feeling in my mouth lol. When I cycled off, I did both cla and gla. Netrition usually restocks stuff pretty quick, so the liquid cla should be in very soon

Obliana, I did the salt flush a couple times but only when I was very backed up. Its very effective if you can hang out by the bathroom all day lol. I havent done it in a couple years

It's good to see the thread picking up again. Thats the best motivation for me
Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

thanks trisha. i understand everything you r going through i will prob be on here everyday so ill do my best to get you going. lol but i gotta figure this out..how was the coconut oil working for u regards to weight or inches. and what kind is the best .and would it be best for me to wait till after induction to start combo or should i jump right it. im getting ansy ok so i gotta go shopping this weekend and stock up on everything to start. i hope to lose some good all over pounds and inches by summer. so i gotta get started. ok well let me know if i can do anything for ya. thanks again.

Last edited by jessielee27; 02-05-2010 at 08:57 AM..
Old 02-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Jessie, I didn't do the coconut oil long enough to have an opinion lol. chic is the one who was doing that for awhile and having good results with it. I'll see if I can round her up on facebook and pop in to tell you

From what I remember (I need to go read the old thread) we took the combo during induction. Some prefer to wait until after. I guess its just a personal preference. Maybe metqa can answer that one. Shes way more knowledgable about that stuff than I am

Last edited by kycowgirl; 02-06-2010 at 07:12 AM..
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

ok cool. ya that would e cool if she would pop over. and ya im sure metqa will let me know. im trying to start everything monday just rounding it up. need to make a plan. lol thanks for the help..tell tom i said hi and that he needs to pop in too. hope everything goes good with you guys.. do you know when you might be starting everything again. well talk to you later. thanks again...im just sooo excited to start and see how far i can go. oh and also do you know why the combo works better the first time around. and with having to cycle off with the new stuff does that interfere with the way it works. ok later.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #160

Well, all I can say is that if it becomes part of a routine you make and stick with it would be great to use during induction. I think the hardest part is keeping up with it. It's easier now with the liquid, but i'm so bad about sticking with thing. It won't work if you don't take it right. Plus I think taking measurements may be the way to go, not just the scale.

Thanks Trish, but I'm not as confident about my knowledge of CLA as I am about other supps, I always considered you the Head Go To Person!

I'm just happy to say now that I've started again, that I've taken my doses two days without forgetting. Hey!That's a big deal for me~!:blush:
It's usually I don't eat, so I don't take a dose, or I'll eat and forget the dose till afterward, then I just say Oh, well.

But, I found that if I eat and forget to take my dose with my meal, I just take it straight and take a squirt of mustard right after to wash it away and the oil residue doesn't bother me as much, or if I burp I don't taste it as much. So with that tip, I have no excuse for not taking it if I missed a meal. I've also made a calendar chart with a box to color in when I remember to take my dose. Psychologist said that habits are more likely to be formed and the activity more likely to be done if the person completely fills in a circle or box rather just using a check mark.

I think it's true, cause since I've made my little chart with my morn/even 5htp dose, my CLA Doses, and my exercise as fillable icons, I have had no trouble remember to take my doses cause I just think about whether I've colored in my little shape. It's getting very colorful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0001_1.jpg (45.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member

thanks alot metqa. i am planning on keeping it going and im not that bad with remembering to do it. well i guess well see. lol but ya ive been working on trying to set up some sort of chart to show what ive done and what i need to still do. i am confident i can make things happen this time around. and with all your guyses insights and help i can do it... so thanks again and i will start mon..at least that the plan and go from there. i will post weekly on measures and weight and most likly everyday just so you can get a daily dose of me.. i like to bug ...im a bugger:blush: and i cant be rid of that easily..so again ill let you all know when i start and keep everyone posted through out process. also if you see that fairy send her my way and ill do the same. thanks again and will talk to you all soon...also what happened to everyone... like the one who started the thread..cant remember her name and everyone else..not that you guys arent enough for me just wondering if they stopped and why. ok later all.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycricketgirl
Stats: 6'0" 12/28/09 (287)- 247today
WOE: Atkins/ Suppliments: Gla/Cla Combo / Exercise
Start Date: January 1, 2010
PHOTOS of me after 30 days LC / 2 weeks GLA - CLA combo

Hi guys....

Wanted to share some photos for those who were in my shoes a month ago wondering if this GLA - CLA combo thing works or not...

A bit hesitant of posting such photos... Not sure how long I will keep them up... but if you go to my profile you can see my front and side photos from 1/1 and 2/1. I noticed my changes in my butt, legs and stomach!

Nice to be able to see slight changes in photos! Would love to see others results in photos for inspirtation too!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend... and The Superbowl tomorrow!
1/1/10 SW (286) 285 284 283 282 281 280 279 278 276 275 274 273 272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 -25# month 1 2/1/10 261 260 259 258 257 256 month 2 3/1/10 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247
month 3 so far 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 Finish Line!
babycricketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Update

Hi all...

Just wanted to let everyone know I updated my photos - put them in correct order and added some comments... (It took me alot of looking and analyzing to figure out WHERE the fat came off my body....

Belly Fat was lost and also Back Fat... which is totally cool!
I think these photos will keep me on track...
Not fun to see how I have been buldging out everywhere - but looking forward to seeing the progress...

I've noticed that my skin is loose on my legs... if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear... Probably something that can't be helped with fast weight loss... wondering if exercise / weights would help.

Enjoy your SUNDAY!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Obliana
Great job! It's very noticeable on the side pictures .
Obliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your comment... I know over time the difference will be mroe noticeable... but needed to start somewhere... and know although disturbing in some manner... my progress photos will help me stay on track... so... we'll see what happens this month. I've stalled for the last week or so at 259... but hanging in there... stayed low carb during the super bowl... which makes me happy! Hope everyone has a great week! Starting up the GLA - CLA again.

Shannon
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

hey keep up the good work babycricket. youll get to where you want to be soon enough. ok so i started atkins and the combo today... i hope everything goes to plan. i am taking 4 borage oil and 5 cla..will tweek if have to. i made out my whole menu to eat today last night. so far so good. ok will keep you all posted and check measures once a week..if i can hold off that long. lol well good luck to all and make sure to share your results..bad or good. ok ttyl.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #167
Junior LCF Member

hey where is everyone!!! im feeling all alone please some one come talk to me. well i am on day 3 of induction. and got tom on the first. so lets see how it goes. still doing combo. will post results of the 2 on monday. have a good day all
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JazzleBug
Stats: 235.7 | 216.8 | 135 @ 5'6"
WOE: HCG/Primal Blueprint/Leptin Reset
Start Date: 4/6/12
Hi guys! Am hoping y'all can give me some quick feedback.

I just ordered CLA, GLA, EFA's, vitamin D3, and probiotics. I also take a potent whole food multi-vitamin and supplement with VCO. Typically, I'd just take all of my vitamins in one go at night, but I've been reading a bit on things working against each other. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding any really specific info. Thus...my question.

I've read the first page here and it Metqa's info indicates NOT to take the CLA and GLA together. Can someone help me come up with an a.m./p.m. routine with these that would be the most beneficial?

Any help is more than appreciated. Truly.
JazzleBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #169

6 days in a row, Yay!

Jazzle, I hadn't checked for typos, but I think it's that you aren't supposed to take CLA combo with your omega 3 oils, cause they will compete for digestion and you won't get enough of either. We ARE supposed to take CLA and GLA together for the "best" effect.

I try to take my CLA liquid two times Ideal with some food, but lately, as I'm so forgetful, I'll just take a dose and chase it with mustard or California Kicker, and a couple of days I took my whole days dose at once or it would become too late to take the later one. I try to take it before lunch and dinner and I just chug all four caps of GLA at once. As far as you other supps, that's gonna take some planning on your part. Make a daily chart with something to check off and when you want to take it. I know it sounds silly but I am so more able to remember when I get to color in the little circles I put on my printable calendar for each supplement. I've taken my5htp for 10 days straight, my CLA for 6 days straight, and stretched for 6 days straight. All because of my calender to remind me.

Hey Jessie, Sorry we are all slow lately. IT happens sometimes, we just all get caught up in life but then we stroll on back.

3rd day in on induction, eh? How do you feel?

Last edited by metqa; 02-10-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #170
Junior LCF Member

yeah you all came to play with me

jazzle i find that i split the 2 up. i take 3cla and 2 borage oil after breakfast and 2 cla and 2 borage oil after dinner. i then take my 2 omega 3 after lunch and 1 omega 3 before bed. i cought an am pm pill box from wal mart. it has mon thru sun am pm parts all seperate so i know what i took and what i need to.

metqa. i fell pretty good except tom came on my first day of induction. my only prob is i dont seem hungry so i missed breakfast this mornign and had to force myself to eat lunch.. i also think i need to cut back on calories. but i am staying at or below 20 net carbs. so other than than doing pretty awsome. going to start exercising next week. do to tom and last night i kicked over the electic radiator heater . it fell on my foot sliced my toe open . it still bleeding somewhat and all black and blue. ya was not nice at 4:30 in the morning. so well see how it goes next week.

congrats on your 6 day streak. keep it up.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Metqa, the printoff is a good idea, I think. Thanks for the clarification! Thought I was going nuts.

Jessie, sounds like a good idea to split them up like that. I may try that.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
Hey y'all, watch this! LOL

Hello! It's been awhile. I think the last time I posted was before Trish put up a picture of a nutcracker. *****SHIVERS***** I hate those damn things! LOL I forgive you Trish.

It great to see some new people here! My name is Phil, I'm the village idiot! LOL Welcome to the CLA/GLA thread. There are some awesome people here and if you want support......ya found it!

So Monday I am headed to work. The highway is snow packed and I'm crusing along at 40 MPH. The road was so snow packed that I could not see the lines dividing the 2 lanes...so I'm hugging the right side of my lane. My passenger side tires found the gravel and automaticly I got off the gas and coasted then steered back onto the roadway. This is where the fun begins......As soon as my rear tire hits the pavement my back end slides out from underneith me and throws me into a spin. First thing I notice it that there are no cars coming.....cool! So I am sliding across the highway in a diagonal matter.....headed for a ditch. I'm looking out the passengers side window looking at some guys house, feeling like I going 100 MPH and thinking that I'm going to ruin this guys day. The wheels of my Blazer hit the snow in the ditch and the Blazer stops......on the bottom end. The top end, well....it kept going. The blazer rolls on it's side and then on to it's top and comes to a stop......I done rolled her over. OOPSIE!

So there I am, siting upside down in a ditch....still in my seat belt. (seatbelts work great by the way) I am all sorts of disorinated now. I turned off the radio, the engine had already died and reached for the seat belt. Now my body weight pressing against the seat belt kept me from un buckleing it. I reach for my knife that's in my consol. Smooth Phil....Lord only know where it went to in the roll over. So I once again reach for the buckle. I tilt my head forward to see what I'm doing, knowing that when it releases, I'm going to fall to the roof. Gravity sucks sometimes! With both thumbs I press the buckle in and THUD! I fall to the roof. So I'm laying there, I'm not bleeding and I can move all of my body. Life is pretty good. Now it's time to get out of here! I unlock the door and the door won't budge. I figure that now is a good time to relax and call 911 and inform them of the stunt that I just pulled off. While talking to the dispatcher a guy stops and ask if I'm alright. I tell him that I am and he opens my back door. I crawl out of the blazer and get right with the world again. WOW! What a ride!!!! I called 911 again to inform them that I was out of the Blazer and was not hurt.....no need to dispatch the fire dept. for an extract. The blazer is totaled. I am sore from my unbuckling event. I knew it would hurt but I wasn't staying in there any longer then I had to! LOL

I went to the Doctor later that day. He said that all was well with me....just going to be sore for awhile. no big deal. One of the things that he wanted me to do was squeeze his fingers. He held them out and I squeezed them lightly. He ask if that was all the better I could do. Ok buddy, you ask for it. I squeezed his fingers so tight that it popped his knuckle on both hands. LOL He said Yup, your fine.....heres some muscle relaxers and pain pills if you need them.

That's my story. Any on wanna go for a ride with me now? LOL!!!!!!!

Hope you all are doing good!

FAILURE WILL CHASE YOU TOWARDS EXCELLENCE - Dave Ramsey

Come visit me!

One man. One goal. One mission.
One heart. One soul. One vision.
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

DANG, Phil. You have a way with words. I'm glad you're okay. Hope you're able to replace your truck quickly.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielee27 View Post
yeah you all came to play with me

jazzle i find that i split the 2 up. i take 3cla and 2 borage oil after breakfast and 2 cla and 2 borage oil after dinner. i then take my 2 omega 3 after lunch and 1 omega 3 before bed. i cought an am pm pill box from wal mart. it has mon thru sun am pm parts all seperate so i know what i took and what i need to.

metqa. i fell pretty good except tom came on my first day of induction. my only prob is i dont seem hungry so i missed breakfast this mornign and had to force myself to eat lunch.. i also think i need to cut back on calories. but i am staying at or below 20 net carbs. so other than than doing pretty awsome. going to start exercising next week. do to tom and last night i kicked over the electic radiator heater . it fell on my foot sliced my toe open . it still bleeding somewhat and all black and blue. ya was not nice at 4:30 in the morning. so well see how it goes next week.

congrats on your 6 day streak. keep it up.
Whoa! Ouch! Take care of your toe, you need that thing, y'know. If you are feeling unhungry, I wouldn't worry about counting calories, if you are keeping lower than 20 carbs. You lack of hunger should keep your calories low naturally. Just focus on getting through this first two weeks with your sanity and toes intact, This is the time to get over cravings, deal with induction flu, and stabilize your blood sugars, so to speak, just getting normalized. You can stay in induction as long as you need, so don't make these first two weeks too hard. My 'mentor' says one new habit at a time. so make the first habit carb counting and you can practice calorie counting a bit later. You will have to anyway so no need to rush it.

oh and thanks, I almost forgot my dose yesterday, but I my calendar reminded me again. Good thing I put it above my computer monitor, I can't miss it that way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabowhunter View Post
Hey y'all, watch this! LOL
[...]
That's my story. Any on wanna go for a ride with me now? LOL!!!!!!!

Hope you all are doing good!
Omigosh! PHIL!!!! I"m glad you are okay!
You've got some nerve not checking in on us and then trying to stunt drive your way to the cemetery! Or did you feel you couldn't come back until you had a great story??? Glad you aren't hurt!
ETA: I thought about you yesterday, when my super threatened to blackmail me by posting that Minnie mouse picture on Facebook!

Last edited by metqa; 02-11-2010 at 07:40 AM..
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #175
Junior LCF Member

hey all its me again day 4 and still doing good. cant wait for tom to go home...

ya metqa it hurt like a siv and with the kids jumping and standing on it it hurt worse. lol but i can sort of bend it today. looks like bleeding stopped so took band aid off to let it breath. it still stiff but well see what happens. thanks for the info. i wasnt so far off on my calories anyways i just lookied everything up today so i should be good.

hey phil i read your stuff before and it was pretty bad about the nutcrackers... although pretty funny. :blush: sorry. thank go d you werent hurt. be careful. its all fun and games till someone gets hurt. nice to have you back

jewelz i would deff try it out. i havnt had any probs for the last 4 days doing it that way. good luck to you.

well keep it all up people and good luck.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #176
Junior LCF Member

hey sorry jazzlebug. that statement where it says jewelz is for you. my bad. later
Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
The insurance company called.....The Blazer is a complete loss. Just waiting to find out how much they will give me for it.

JazzleBug......I'm going to drive the old van for awhile. I do not want to make a snap decision on a truck. It will be a truck by the way. I will not settle for anything smaller then a Chevy Tahoe. I have a thing for a 2004 crew cab 4X4 Chevy truck.

Metqa......I had to make a grand entrance you know. LOL I remember the Minnie mouse pic. WOOHOO! LOL

jessielee27.....I hate nutcrackers!!!!! LOL I now have 2 chainsaws just incase one shows up at my house. The whole spinning out and roll over took less then 15 seconds. It's seemed like it lasted for 30 minutes. It was a slow motion moment. And the roll over it's self was very quiet. I do not recoment that anyone try it. LOL I'm just glad that I can stay calm in a situation like that.
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

You know...I keep reading your Dave Ramsey quote, relating it to totaling your Blazer. I think your next truck will be a good one, indeed.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

nice about the chainsaws phil...why do you hat them so much??i mean they are kind of creepy but i dunno.. y i been in accidents myself that didnt end as well as yours. and yes it seems like it takes forever. glad your ok. so who on here is doing the combo or some other form or what not of something. ttyall
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Jessie, just FYI, I did take your advice and am taking the CLA/GLA twice a day. I'm eager to see if I'm going to see any results from this. I bought enough for two (I think) straight months to trial.