Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #61
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Merry Christmas! Yes, we had a very good time Trisha. Family came out to visit so we had a "Camping on the beach Christmas!" Clear cool evenings and bon fires every night. Deep fried cajun turkey....hey it was yummmmmy! My boys don't need anymore toys until next year, seriously. Hope everyone had a great holiday too....
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Same here chic, we had all my family over for dinner. It was a good time for all !! Christmas on the beach sounds wonderful !!!
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldomcontent View Post
Merry Christmas to you too!

CLA question for those that do the liquid.....I received mine in the mail yesterday and so far have had 2 doses---one last night and one this morning. How in the world do you all pour it without spilling it?? I spilled some both times and hate that I wasted some. I'm thinking of going to the pharmacy and getting one of those baby medicine syringes so I can suck it out of the body instead of pouring. Do you think this would work ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Did everyone have a nice Christmas??
just a quick stop in to check messages. Seldom. I use a dropper that measures exactly a half teaspoon. and that reduced waste from clinging and dripping. I keep the dropper in an open plastic jar and just yesterday I checked the dropper jar, and there was a whole dose that had settled from all the previous uses. None wasted cause I just sucked up that and took that as my dose.

Trisha, I'm having a great X-mass at BF's house and at my Parents house. I'm enjoying a stress free holiday for once since childhood! It's great.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ADLMA
Another amazing year shall soon begin, and a chapter in our lives shall close and passivly end. I wish each of you love, joy, good health, and peace in richly blessed 2010.
ADLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLMA View Post
Another amazing year shall soon begin, and a chapter in our lives shall close and passivly end. I wish each of you love, joy, good health, and peace in richly blessed 2010.

ty!!!!!
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #66
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Yes, thanks ADLMA!

What is everyone doing for New Years Eve?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLMA View Post
TY !!! Its always good to see you drop in

chic, If I am not working, I will be watching Hailey so my kids can go to the big horse sale. I am so glad they are not into drinking and partying

metqa, glad you had a stress free Christmas

Kim, the weed soon??? Joe got us a Tumbleweed gift certificate for Christmas woohoo !!!

Last edited by kycowgirl; 12-30-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Old 12-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #68

My Little Corner of Christmas.

Finally Got New Batteries, Yay!

I was feeling bad that I'd have to take down the decorations without pictures.
Welcome!

Here is my little Fireplace complete with stockings and cats to sit in front of the "fire".

And here is the tree I've been waiting to put up. My very first Christmas tree of my own. Nothing on that tree, including the tree was bought at full price. I got the tree as a throwaway, the lights were 75% discount from last year, the ribbon I bought many Christmases ago, and the bulbs year before last years Christmas sales.

This was my little corner of Christmas. I dedicated this First Christmas to my Late and Much Loved Qiwi. I wish I could have had this Christmas with her. But this Christmas was spent with another little rescued kitty, Bean, and I'd hope that she'd approve.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Last edited by metqa; 12-31-2009 at 10:11 AM..
Old 12-31-2009, 10:38 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
TY !!! Its always good to see you drop in

chic, If I am not working, I will be watching Hailey so my kids can go to the big horse sale. I am so glad they are not into drinking and partying

metqa, glad you had a stress free Christmas

Kim, the weed soon??? Joe got us a Tumbleweed gift certificate for Christmas woohoo !!!
You bet !!!!! I thought you were avoiding me.....

Happy New Year all !!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metq----- I want those snowflake lights

Looking over shoulder to make sure I am alone ........... Be glad when the holidays and DH vacations are over....... I need retail therapy w/o him ....LOL !!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
Metq----- I want those snowflake lights

Looking over shoulder to make sure I am alone ........... Be glad when the holidays and DH vacations are over....... I need retail therapy w/o him ....LOL !!!!!
LOL~! I'm waiting for 75% for my retail therapy! I can't believe I lucked out on those. AND they are LED, so they don't get hot AND they blink white and blue!

Seems this year, Xmas stuff is going faster than usual, good luck in shopping.

I'm gonna go shopping in my closet
Old 12-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #72
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Metqa...Lovin the fireplace on TV! Glad you got into the spirit this year.

Kimlou...This year, I vow to spend more on myself. I like the term "retail-therapy!"

New Year....The Best....Is Yet to Come!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is where I need to shop..... and then resell some of the stuff on ebay !!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

Kim, I am not avoiding you silly girl lol. I meant to call you back and just got distracted and forgot . I'll call you tomorrow !!

metqa, those decorations are beautiful !!!

chic, I love the fireplace she did there also...too cute.

Did any of you ever see those Skecher shape up shoes? I took Chrissy to get her hair done today and all the girls that work there were wearing them and bragging about how good they were. Erin just bought a pair and let me try them on and walk around and OMGosh, they were the most comfortable pair of shoes I ever wore !!! It even made my Plantar Fasciitis feel better !! Ima hafta get me a pair of them soon !! They said you can really feel them working your butt and legs, and improve your posture. Kim, they have them at shoe sensation for $99. Erin got the brown ones with the velcrostraps that were actually kinda cute the way they criss crossed lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skecher shape up.jpg (38.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 12-31-2009 at 09:47 PM..
Old 01-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #75

Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
That is where I need to shop..... and then resell some of the stuff on ebay !!!!!
I think some of my clothes might get senior discounts they are so old.

Those sketchers sound nice. I'd love to have shoes that work my butt! I'd have to get off my butt for them to work though!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I'd have to get off my butt for them to work though!
That would help...guilty here also !!!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UpErMei
Stats: 158/165/128
Ok, if I REALLY hate the liquid CLA what other capsule deal would be best?

I thought I hated taking 6 capsules twice a day, but it turns out I hate the liquid even more! So, I'm looking for the best bang for my buck capsule wise. I did the NOW brand last time from Netrition.....is this the best deal?

tia!
UpErMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #78

Quote:

I thought I hated taking 6 capsules twice a day, but it turns out I hate the liquid even more! So, I'm looking for the best bang for my buck capsule wise. I did the NOW brand last time from Netrition.....is this the best deal?

tia!
quality and quantity wise, I think so.

Is it really that bad? I know I can't stand the complete and totally oiliness of it, but its only a half teaspoon so I trained my body to not go to vomit mode for a few minutes. I"ve even stirred it into an oily soup like Linda Sue's Cabbage and Sausage Soup. That only works cause the oiliness of the soup emulsifies the CLA, and I can ignore the smell ( it doesn't have a bad smell, but it is rich like castor oil, and that brings back bad memories!)

I tried using the dropper and dropping it straight onto the center back of my tongue so the oil didn't move around my mouth and then ate or drank something to soak up any residue.

Despite all these tactics, for me it's still much easier then gulping the 6 pills. I think if it were on my tongue and in my mouth I couldn't stand it, that's why I switched from a spoon to a dropper.

I"m sorry you hate it, but see if you can find
Old 01-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

Kim, I am not avoiding you silly girl lol. I meant to call you back and just got distracted and forgot . I'll call you tomorrow !!

metqa, those decorations are beautiful !!!

chic, I love the fireplace she did there also...too cute.

Did any of you ever see those Skecher shape up shoes? I took Chrissy to get her hair done today and all the girls that work there were wearing them and bragging about how good they were. Erin just bought a pair and let me try them on and walk around and OMGosh, they were the most comfortable pair of shoes I ever wore !!! It even made my Plantar Fasciitis feel better !! Ima hafta get me a pair of them soon !! They said you can really feel them working your butt and legs, and improve your posture. Kim, they have them at shoe sensation for $99. Erin got the brown ones with the velcrostraps that were actually kinda cute the way they criss crossed lol

I have been looking for the Reebok Easy tone @100.00... HARD TO FIND !!!! Everywhere I have been .... SORRY !!!!! ughhhh

I am so ungraceful..... I'd probably fall on my face !!!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

tia!
If you put the liquid cla in milk, you cant even tell its there

Kim, did you try shoe sensation? maybe they could order them for you . While reading reviews, I saw that K-mart has one called TheraShoes for $34.00 that got good reviews also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TheraShoes.jpg (71.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 01-02-2010 at 06:21 AM..
Old 01-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #81

Quote:

Kim, did you try shoe sensation? maybe they could order them for you . While reading reviews, I saw that K-mart has one called TheraShoes for $34.00 that got good reviews also
Oh!? I need to go to K-mart to get some more of my favorite slacks. TheraShoes, eh? Thanks for that info.

I'm gonna start making homemade LC milk again, I'll try that once I do.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Every day!
Hi, I hope it's okay if I jump in and ask a question...

I'd like to try the CLA/GLA again but money is really tight. Will it be at all effective for me to just take CLA for awhile?

I tried the combination a few years ago and was amazed at the results. Then I ran out of pills and kind of forgot about it. Later, I convinced myself that those little pills couldn't have made the difference and that it was probably a coincidence.

But after reading some amazing stories here I'm ready to try it again.

Is it okay to start with just the CLA? I think I was taking it with EPO before, which I understand is not as good as Borage oil? I think I still have some EPO left... I can't afford both the CLA and the borage oil right now... Thanks for your help
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

You know for that price.......hmmm... just maybe

Dang... they are sort of strange looking , Thera and skechers... that is why I was looking for the Reeboks
Old 01-04-2010, 03:49 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycricketgirl
Stats: 6'0" 12/28/09 (287)- 247today
WOE: Atkins/ Suppliments: Gla/Cla Combo / Exercise
Start Date: January 1, 2010
Hi all - I'm doing Atkins and I'm intrigued by this CLA / GLA . My brother in law worked with the professor at UW - Madison who deiscovered Tonalin - CLA - He was an animal meat science major and worked with the cows. I have used it in the past alone based on his recommendation and enthusiasm as to what it did.... but never in this combination.

SO HERE ARE MY 4 QUESTIONS:
1) I see one person takes this twice a day. Is that what everyone does?
2) Does it matter what time of day you take this?
3) Is this does the same no matter how much you weigh or your age? I am 6 feet tall and 277# -
4) Can children take this who need to lose weight too?

Thanks for your replies! Shannon - Perceive - Believe - Achieve!!!
babycricketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #85

Lilliana, It seems you could just take the CLA for the benefits it gives. Add the GLA when you get some money for it. I don't know the synergy of it well, maybe a veteran user will respond more about that.

Baby Cricket. I can't answer your questions with certainty but I'm sure someone will come along and help.

I , when I remember, try to take it twice a day, cause that is the dose recommended.
I hope it doesnt matter cause I can't keep track of anything. Sometimes I eat breakky and sometimes I don't eat till afternoon. So again, I don't know.
I dont see why children couldn't take it, but it's such a challenge for me to remember to take it and to get past the oil sensation, or the huge pills, that I'd think it be a battle unless they were on board with it.

Everything is anecdotal, so sorry I coulnt' be more helpful.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Lilliana, It seems you could just take the CLA for the benefits it gives. Add the GLA when you get some money for it. I don't know the synergy of it well, maybe a veteran user will respond more about that.
Thank you, Metqa...

I just bought some 1000 mg Tonalin CLA (Nature's Bounty brand). It was $18.00 so I'm just going to take 3 per day until I can recover a bit from the Christmas bills.

I'll try to find the Evening Primrose Oil and take that in the mean time. I know I have a bottle at home somewhere...

Looking forward to losing my stubborn apple shape...A pear would be nice for a change
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycricketgirl
Stats: 6'0" 12/28/09 (287)- 247today
WOE: Atkins/ Suppliments: Gla/Cla Combo / Exercise
Start Date: January 1, 2010
Hi hey did anyone get all hot and sweaty the first night they took this combination? I'm trying to figure out if it was the GLC/CLC combo or an aftereffect of my detox clay that I used. I know some have had to stay close to the toilet. Can you guys please share any other side effects you have had on this combination? Thanks so much! Down 10 pounds since the first! Shannon
babycricketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have hot flashes anyway... so I don't know about that one.
No side effects here.
as far as bathroom issues..... none .. not a one !!!!

Give some info on your detox clay... remember we get in trouble if ne name "some " sites... LOL
Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lori121
Stats: Jan 232.5/199.5/150
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
I took the CLA/GLA a couple of years ago. I need to start taking them again. Now if I can only remember to buy them the next time I go to the store.
lori121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lori121
Stats: Jan 232.5/199.5/150
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
Quote:

I was just on Kmart dot com & they are suppose to have these shoes on sale this week for $24.99

ETA they have to be ordered. Rats I was wanting a pair. Guess I'll check there add & see if they are in there.

Last edited by lori121; 01-06-2010 at 01:05 PM..
lori121 is offline   Reply With Quote