Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 05:03 AM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
wow, where is everyone ??

We are headed to Venice Beach today to meet my friend Sharon & her frenchie bf Piere for lunch. We have been friends since 6th grade !!! Shes the one I used to get into so much trouble with !! lol
Then tomorrow, we are heading back home and making a stop in Traveres to see my brother I havent seen in about 12 years (long story). I'm excited

sorry for any typos, I'm on my iphone and its not easy to correct
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Still healing here. Not posting much, Not very good with the left hand .
Got Dh all week next week Love him to death but,

Heloo all
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

we are back on the road after spending the night in Adairsville GA. Had a great vacation, but it will be good to be back home.

Kim, how did the surgery go?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
we are back on the road after spending the night in Adairsville GA. Had a great vacation, but it will be good to be back home.

Kim, how did the surgery go?
Good, Cast comes off the 19th.. Typing Lh sucks.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellenalesa
Stats: 190?/177/160ish
WOE: Starting HHCG Rogue 7/12/11
Start Date: July 12, 2011
Psyched to try this combo

I've been reading about this for about an hour now. Where did you find out about it? I'm going to go to the HFS and buy this stuff....I would LOVE to lose some inches, some pounds..

I have a question about Spanx...are they comfortable, or do they make you feel like you're strangling?
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

We are home now !!!

Kim, let me know if you need any help, ok????

ellenalesa, welcome . Glad to have you with us . My hubby found a thread on here about it back in 2005 and showed me and we both tried it and did really well on it. We have been going on and off of it since then. I took it with us to Florida but we stayed so busy we forgot to take it. The scale says 194 now , but I am hoping its water weight. We went swimming in the ocean all day Saturday so maybe I soaked up alot of salt water :blush: !!! I'll check again in a couple days. I cant answer about the spanx...cant stand anything that tight on. It makes me B****Y .
Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #247
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Hey all! I'm still here, have no plans to abandon anyone. I like ya'll too much to stay away for too long.

About the time that you were giving squirrels brain damage Trisha, (didn't they hear you yell out "FOUR!" ?) I was in the process of dealing out some brain damage to an animal too.

My 7lb minature Pomeranian got attacked by an aggressive adult Chow. I was walking my lil guy Spanky, when the neighbor's dog ran out of their home and grabbed him by the neck and back and shook him violently. Fortunately I was holding a heavy coffee mug at the time that this happened so instictively I used it to pound on the head of the monster that was trying to eat my dog. After about the fourth blow, he figured that it didn't feel very good and opened his mouth and dropped my yelping and whimpering dog. My crazy neighbor witnessed the whole thing and went dramatic on me. She felt really bad about the unfortunate incident and offered to take us to the pet emergency. To make a long story short, my dog Spanky had some good bruising and a few puncture wounds on his back. His spirit has been quieted some but is recovering nicely. We got him to the vet with enough time to get some antibiotics and with a little more TLC he's going back to the lil brat that he usually is. The neighbor payed the bills but I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in her behavior afterward. She didn't think to come over to ask if he was okay or anything. I wasn't mad at her, I know she didn't want her dog to attack anyone but the way she acted, it was like she was expecting me to be angry with her. Sooooo, the other day I called her out on her odd behavior. She retorted with, I did my obligation what more do you want from me! I came back with, "It's not about money, I'm concerned about your lack of compassion. As neighbors we SHOULD be looking out for each other!" After a bit of words, she broke down and showed some emotion saying she felt bad about all that happened but I still don't know if I can honestly trust her. Why would someone ignore you and have an aloof composure after their dog attacked your loved one? A bad situation.

Hope you all had a better last week than I did.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #248
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

ellenalesa......Regarding the Spanx. They really do make you look good, but after I've had them on for awhile, I tend to fill like I've been stuffed in a jar. And if it's warm outside.....it really sux. I guess it depends on what you can endure for looking good.

Last edited by Justachic; 08-10-2009 at 11:55 PM..
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Starting and stopping CLA/GLA?

I've been reading the boards and saw that people have said that it doesn't work so well after the first time. And that it may stop working after awhile.

I'm wondering if I should wait until I get to a stall. Last year I got to 178 after MONTHS and then got stuck there. Then I maintained in the low 180s for a few months and then I had a binge and got up to 192. I'm back on my way down, thank goodness.

Does it help with weight loss? I saw a lot about inches coming off, not so much about weight.

Justachic: glad your little friend is better. You must have been terrified! Maybe she was afraid you'd sue so she didn't want to say anything that would imply guilt. (that's not a reflection on you, by the way. We happen to live in a sue-happy society!) Or maybe she was just so mortified she didn't know what to say.

I would agree about the Spanx. If it's going to make you look that much thinner, it's gotta make you feel cramped.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spanx.. they aren't tight like a girdle just a bit tighter than pantyhose.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!

chic, I am so sorry about your pooch (who is an absolute cutie btw) but glad hes on the mend. Same thing happened to my dog. My black german shepard Zip was in our yard and the neighbors pitt bull came over and tore into him. The did pay the hospital bills, but Zips lung was punctured and he died after 2 surgeries to try to save him. He was old and his teeth were wore down flat from chewing on firewood so he couldnt really defend himself. They never came over and asked about him either. They even complained that Zip bit him while trying to get his dog off of mine !! When I took them the last bill, I said dont worry, there wont be anymore bills, he died last night, They didnt even say they were sorry. They are the neighbors who never speak or wave hi to anyone, and thank goodness their house is for sale and they are moving !!!

Hi Kim, hows the hand feeling today?

ellenalesa, you will see weight loss too, but it come in spurts. Fat cells fill with water, then release after a time and you get a whoosh of a few pounds, then it starts over. I quit taking the combo off and on mainly because I get busy and just forget to take it and I am so off plan by then, I just wait until I get my mind set on getting back on plan again before I start on it again.

Gotta take Chrissy for her school physical at 2, be back later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me & Zip.... R.I.P..jpg (18.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about your pooch, chic

Trish------ he looks just like my Kota. As much as I have teared up today you would think TOM was on the way... Whats up with that ???

hand is stiff, sore and the cast is annoying the crap out of me. My son asked me the same thing yesterday. I told him I was Itchy, twitchy, ?itchy and bored. He said even the seven dwarfs are steering clear of me
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Is there an FAQ for CLA/GLA?

I have a bunch of questions, like, do you take them together? Do you cycle them on and off? Does it stop working? Is it better to use them for a plateau/stall buster?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

bumping

Hope you guys are all out there having fun. I'm lonely over here!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

hi ellenalesa, sorry I havent been around to try to answer your questions. I have been running since we got back from Florida. This is the first time I have been able to sit down and relax since 3:30am this morning. There is no easy answer to your questions since everyone tries it differently. I believe everyone does take them both together but it varies after that. Your just have to try different things with it till you find what works for you. I'm sorry I can't be more help, but thats pretty much how its been going since I have been on the thread in 2005. Someone else want to jump in here and offer some advice?

oh and ellenalesa, the thread does has its slow times like now, but it always picks back up

Kim, I took my buddy to Cincinnati early this morning to have his left wrist operated on for carpel tunnel. He goes back in a couple weeks for the right wrist. Hes been running the scaler down at the mine since right after I started working there and its run with joysticks. Hes got it pretty bad too like you do

Hi chicky, metqa, Phil, LurkMonster Tom, purpledusty, running, bugaboo, LowCarbF69, greenejoy, Aunt Sheshie, changing, dixiegal, sunsolaris, got2getmoving, bsbarlow, suckitin, & hopeididntleaveanyoneout !!! Hope your all having a good week !!

Last edited by kycowgirl; 08-13-2009 at 06:46 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkimouse
Stats: 247/148/150 ~6'0~
WOE: ~ Low Carb ~
Start Date: August 26, 2007
HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

It's been so long since i have been on here, but i have been a bad girl... Ok confession time.... R U READY? ok imma gonna spill it! im a lurker... I didnt really think of myself as doing that... LMAO... im ok though. I hope everybody is doing good, Chic i am so sorry to hear what happened to your furbaby, i am glad that he is getting better,,,, hugs to you hun. Trish how u been doin? Have fun with your long time GF! Hugs to you!

Isint it amazing how much we get caught up in life? Holy cow work has been incredibly crazy, then there is school, and OMG i cant believe that school is ready to start up again on the 19 of Aug, Where did the summer go? Even our temps here are wacked bad, I think that we only had like 1 week of summer. But that means that we are in for a bad winter, Im a chicken and dont like to drive in the snow, or ice.

I did go back to NM just a few weeks ago, funeral... those are never any fun.

Is anybody doing anything fun for Labor Day?

I dont know if we are going camping or back down to NM?

WEll guys i need to go, i will try to be better and not lurk. LOL

To all......

Start date of CLA/GLA.....08-26-2007
Goal Met 10-25-08

Mikki
mikkimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Mikki !!!!! its about time you checked in girly !!! I'm glad you did . I had a great time with my friend Sharon. We met her and her bf Piere at venus beach and had lunch at Sharks, then we all went swimming in the ocean and looked for sharks teeth. I dont care how many years go by that we dont see each other, when we finally do, its like we just saw each other yesterday lol. Shes the best friend I ever had, the one I could always be myself with and she still liked me cuz she was as crazy as I was lol (and still is)

you better check in more often ya hear??

gotta go mow, be back soon

Last edited by kycowgirl; 08-14-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So how much longer you going to be off work??
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #259
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thank you all for the condolensces. Mr Spanky Spangler is back to his lil ole self running around. I'm still getting the cold shoulder from the neighbor but honestly I think it was going in that direction anyway. Oh well. By the way, thanks for sharing your dog attack story Trisha.

Mikki good to see ya!

So I had been off the exercise routine for awhile, continued to eat whatever but kept on with the CO and I did NOT notice any significant weight gain. That's cool to know- So far the CO has done me good.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
Thank you all for the condolensces. Mr Spanky Spangler is back to his lil ole self running around. I'm still getting the cold shoulder from the neighbor but honestly I think it was going in that direction anyway. Oh well. By the way, thanks for sharing your dog attack story Trisha.

Mikki good to see ya!

So I had been off the exercise routine for awhile, continued to eat whatever but kept on with the CO and I did NOT notice any significant weight gain. That's cool to know- So far the CO has done me good.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Kim, about going back to work. They called some back as laborers, but until they start night shift back up full time, I wont be called back. Hope the hand is better when the cast comes off. Gary had his done yesterday and he said today his back and shoulder are pain free and he is in no pain at all. Hes supposed to keep his wrapped wrist above his heart level for awhile. Work is demanding he go back to work on the 19th. They talked workers comp into telling him he had to go back. That place is so dang unbelievable.

chic, glad to hear you havent gained any back. I am back down to 189 myself . I am having a hard time with those dang capsules.
I want my 'liquid' cla back
Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbF69
Stats: 220/128/120
WOE: Low glycemic/low carb +fasted/HIIT cardio/weights
Start Date: 1/19/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Hi chicky, metqa, Phil, LurkMonster Tom, purpledusty, running, bugaboo, LowCarbF69, greenejoy, Aunt Sheshie, changing, dixiegal, sunsolaris, got2getmoving, bsbarlow, suckitin, & hopeididntleaveanyoneout !!! Hope your all having a good week !!

Hi there! I am just bemoaning the loss of our beloved liquid CLAs because I am nearly out of Thinfat and have to start taking the pills again!
LowCarbF69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel your pain...ALOT !!! I hate the capsules. Hopefully someone will come out with another liquid version. I keep checking the internet to see if there is any out there. I'll report it here if I find any
Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbF69
Stats: 220/128/120
WOE: Low glycemic/low carb +fasted/HIIT cardio/weights
Start Date: 1/19/2009
Amazon has 4 bottles of Thinfat left.....well they had 5, but I bought one!!!

Last edited by LowCarbF69; 08-14-2009 at 08:17 PM..
LowCarbF69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks !!! I'll go check it out now
Old 08-16-2009, 06:09 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Would you use this during induction, or wait?

I got the capsules. I am gearing up for Induction on Tuesday. (I have a job interview on Monday and don't want to be distracted from it).

Is it better to use this stuff as a stall breaker?

Do I have to take it separately from my thyroid medicine?

Is there an FAQ or a place where I can read more about this?

Thanks...
Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do a google search on CLA and thyroid. Take it seperate from any meds. Its not a stall breaker that I know of, it can cause stalls in scale weight, while still losing inches. The scale will catch up with occasional whooshes.

Good luck on getting the job !!!

CLA has been the subject of a variety of research in the past several years, and findings also suggest that some of the other benefits of CLA include the following:

•Increases metabolic rate -- This would obviously be a positive benefit for thyroid patients, as hypothyroidism -- even when treated -- can reduce the metabolic rate in some people.
•Decreases abdominal fat -- Adrenal imbalances and hormonal shifts that are common in thyroid patients frequently cause rapid accumulation of abdominal fat, so this benefit could be quite helpful.
•Enhances muscle growth -- Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in weight loss and management.
•Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides -- Since many thyroid patients have elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, even with treatment, this benefit can have an impact on a thyroid patient's health.
•Lowers insulin resistance -- Insulin resistance is a risk for some hypothyroid patients, and lowering it can also help prevent adult-onset diabetes and make it easier to control weight.
•Reduces food-induced allergic reactions -- Since food allergies can be at play when weight loss becomes difficult, this can be of help to thyroid patients.
•Enhances immune system -- Since most cases of thyroid disease are autoimmune in nature, enhancing the immune system's ability to function properly is a positive benefit.
If you're interested in taking CLA to help with weight loss, keep in mind that it's not a magic, and you will need to start a program of diet and exercise in order to successfully lose weight and keep it off.

Its always a good idea to check with your Dr. before adding any suppliments, especially if your on any kind of meds !!!

Last edited by kycowgirl; 08-16-2009 at 06:24 AM..
Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Trisha

I may use it after induction, then. I want to see how I do on induction. I did one several years ago, before getting treated for thyroid, and I lost 6 pounds. I'm hoping I'll do a little better, now that I'm on meds.

I"ll let you know how the job thing goes...and I'm ok, either way. I had actually just started accepting the fact that I may be unemployed a while longer..and thankfully I have money saved so I'll be ok, if that is the case.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been layed off since April 10th but at least I am getting unemployment. I would really panic if I wasn't . I feel for ya, and really sending good vibes to the person hiring for you. What kind of job is it?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

job

Hi Trisha,

I am a teacher who is going to school to become a library media specialist. Just fancy language for a school librarian. It will be for grades 6-8.

You can just never tell how these things are going to turn out. I had an interview that went really well and I got to meet the Superintendent of Schools...and that interview went really well...and then I heard nothing. They told me that they would only contact me if I got the job.

Last week I had an interview with a principal, and I didn't think it went particularly well, and I'm meeting the Super. tomorrow.

It would be nice to get a job but if I don't get hired, I will be ok. I have been saving money in case I didn't get a job, and unemployment benefits really help.

Another plus to getting a job: I've been very lazy this summer and my eating has been sloppy, to say the least. I need to get busy and stop eating because I'm bored!