Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
corsets?? ummmm NO !!!

we are hoping we have it timed to go through there at a time when traffic isnt bad.

Last edited by kycowgirl; 07-29-2009 at 08:24 PM..
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 180/160/170
WOE: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Maybe I should just start wearing corsets.

They actually made special chairs for women who fainted from wearing corsets during the Victorian. Not surprising these women would faint when they're waist (and all digestive organs) gets reduced to half the size. Yeah, I don't corsets are the way to go.

@justachic, I sometimes do endurance biking too, but I'm more adapted to running.
RunningShortsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Quote:
but I've been lax about the belly dance

TRISH-- YOU NEED TO GO LALALALALALA through this one.

Me too. I love the belly dance one I have and Carmen Electra striptease one.
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
TRISH-- YOU NEED TO GO LALALALALALA through this one.

Me too. I love the belly dance one I have and Carmen Electra striptease one.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #215
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Oh, All Right LOU! I'll get it out and do a session. I thought it would be fun to have one of those floor to ceiling dance poles . . .

Trish Hope you make it through all right. It just rained a lot! Don't skid!

See, Running, I didnt' know that about special chairs. I'm surprised the poor woman doesn't snap in half from a strong wind.
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #216
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Speaking of corsetts (sp?) I was at the beach the other day when I see this girl with about an 18 inch waist! I might be exagerating the number a bit I'm telling you it was a tiny, tiny waist where the rest of her was rounded. MAN, I didn't believe it. I guess there really is such thing as 36-24-36! I say forget the corsett and get some SPANX. They really make a difference!
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #217
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Oh, All Right LOU! I'll get it out and do a session. I thought it would be fun to have one of those floor to ceiling dance poles . . .

Trish Hope you make it through all right. It just rained a lot! Don't skid!

See, Running, I didnt' know that about special chairs. I'm surprised the poor woman doesn't snap in half from a strong wind.
These were called Fainting Chairs. Victorian age.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

well I just got a good soaking . It was raining in town but not here when I got home with the gas for the mower. I had all the front done and half the back when I ran out of gas. I filled up and jumped on the mower and tried to finish before it hit. I have about 10 minutes left to finish. I looked in the field beside us and a huge wall of rain was headed right for me . I didnt make it back to the barn in time . It was sunny where I was mowing lol. It was strange seeing that water wall pushing the sun away and heading right for me !!! Well, now I am squeeky clean with 2 showers today
Old 07-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

metqa, whats the weather forecast there for tomorrow. We will be leaving here around 11am and should be through there around 7-8pm
Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bugaboo12
Stats: 127/118/110
WOE: atkins
Start Date: july 2005
i need your help i added the coconut oil to the combo of cla/gla and i immediately had no appetite i ate only one meal and had tons of energy, love it but.. the next couple of days i force myslef to eat more and i gain two pounds i think coconut oil may be the reason for weight gain.
bugaboo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

It did the same thing to me. I gained 4 pounds while taking it. I stopped and lost the 4 and back to 188 now. I guess its like the combo, works differently for everyone
Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
Speaking of corsetts (sp?) I was at the beach the other day when I see this girl with about an 18 inch waist! I might be exagerating the number a bit I'm telling you it was a tiny, tiny waist where the rest of her was rounded. MAN, I didn't believe it. I guess there really is such thing as 36-24-36! I say forget the corsett and get some SPANX. They really make a difference!
Love mine. But you should have seen th expression on my male drs face, when he was checking my abdomen I said wait I have to pull my spanx down.... He said your what ?. I could tell he was really trying not to laugh at me . Guess I educated him that day.

Metq.....
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

The coconut oil has definately been working for me! I highly recommend it.
ok so i added coconut to the combo cla/gla and the first couple of days i ate less i was not hungry i had to remind self to eat and i had tons of energy i was like wow!! but than the next couple of days later i ate more than one meal and i gain between two-three pounds im like huh??? i mean could it be the coconut oil!! i read other sites that people gain weight if they consume to much i was taking 4 tablespoons a day what do you think??
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

The coconut oil has definately been working for me! I highly recommend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
It did the same thing to me. I gained 4 pounds while taking it. I stopped and lost the 4 and back to 188 now. I guess its like the combo, works differently for everyone
so the coconut oil made you gain weight to wow!!! so should i stop the coconut oil??? oh also since they discontinue liquid cla i use take it all at once now that i gotta take the pills im taking them all at once 6- cla/ 5-6 gla or would i see better results by spacing them out?? thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

I always had good results taking the liquid all at once, but from what I am reading, it says to spilt it up. That would have been hard to do with the liquid, but now that I am taking the caps, I'm going to split them up, half in the morning and half at night and see how that works, and hope I remember to take them all

chic, are you taking the cla/gla with the CO, or just the CO? I think that may be too many oils for my body, but I may try it again when we get back
Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
Love mine. But you should have seen th expression on my male drs face, when he was checking my abdomen I said wait I have to pull my spanx down.... He said your what ?. I could tell he was really trying not to laugh at me . Guess I educated him that day.

Metq.....
doesnt he ever watch Oprah ???
Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I always had good results taking the liquid all at once, but from what I am reading, it says to spilt it up. That would have been hard to do with the liquid, but now that I am taking the caps, I'm going to split them up, half in the morning and half at night and see how that works, and hope I remember to take them all

chic, are you taking the cla/gla with the CO, or just the CO? I think that may be too many oils for my body, but I may try it again when we get back
yeah i was taking it all together coconut oil cla/gla but i thought other people
were also???? which brand of cla do use, i brought the horizon cla from netrition
Old 07-31-2009, 05:26 AM   #228

Quote:
metqa, whats the weather forecast there for tomorrow. We will be leaving here around 11am and should be through there around 7-8pm
Athens

Scattered thunderstorms, especially during the evening. Low around 70F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Atlanta
Isolated thunderstorms this evening followed by a few showers overnight. Low 69F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Have y'all considered the extra calories in coconut oil? maybe? But then again it burns like carbs, so maybe any excess carbs are being stored and holding water temporarily?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

metqa, that could be it with me. I tend to hold alot of water. My ankles and hands swell so bad at times they wont bend. Thats why the Dr. gave me a script for the water pills.

We are getting ready to leave now. metqa, make the rain go away will you? . I'll check in again if we have internet access when we get to our hotel tonight. Seeya all then
Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 AM   #230

See Ya!!!

Naahhh! I need the rain. Just drive carefully and remember that Georgians Can't Drive and WILL try to kill you if given half a chance . . .

I was born in Illinois btw
Old 08-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

we made it here ok. the only traffic we hit was going through Atlanta. 7 lanes of stop and go all the way through. we played a round of golf and hit the pool for a couple hours. going to bed now so we can play scotch doubles in the morning. hope your all having a good weekend !!!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #232

Glad you made it and already having Fun!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #233
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Kimlou..... Educating your Dr on Spanx huh? I swear they take 10 lbs off of me!

Bugaboo and Trisha....I don't take the CLA/GLA combo with the coconut oil. Not really sure why you guys are gaining with it. When we gain 4 or 5 lbs quickly, it's usually water....not fat. Don't you feel like a bunch of chemists here? Tweeking and dialing stuff in until we get it right.

Just getting back from the Colorado River last night. We had such a blast boating, jet skiing, and just having a great time on the water. We really needed a vacation and I was happy we were able to go. Funny thing is, I felt like I gained 10 lbs over the weekend from drinking cocktails and eating all kinds of stuff. I think I'm gonna low carb it for awhile so I can lose some of this water retention. Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #234

Sounds like you had a Great Time this weekend, Chic!! I just took a shower so I'm just gonna imagine I just came in from a refreshing waterfall feature!

Happy August!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #235
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

G'dmorning Metqa!
Did you imagine yourself in the tropics standing under a beautiful and natural waterfall? The crisp water cascading over your head as the wild birds chirp and whistle loudly in the distance. Standing on the cliff next to you is your handsome and muscular Tarzan, smiling with appreciation.....

Like my romance novel so far???? Okay I'm being super silly today!

Day 2 of trying to correct myself on portion control as well as eating lower carbs. My goal is to drop some weight by the end of the month. I can do it! I can do it!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Justachic; 08-04-2009 at 08:37 AM..
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #236

The crisp water cascades over my head as the wild birds chirp and whistle loudly nearby. Standing on the cliff next to me is my handsome and lean Bean, Mewing and chirping (Hmm I thought that was the birds) with a confused expression on his face.....

"why the heck are you in that water!!"

Thanks for the scenery Chic!

I need to lose a few too.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, chic and metq.. nothing going on with me.

BTW----- Trish, if you check in........ IT IS STORMING.. again ...... bad !!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #238
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Kimlou....send some rain this way please. It rained briefly here on the coast yesterday and with the breezes, it felt like Hawaii weather. Beautiful! It only rains here in the winter and spring so when we get summer rains, it's really nice.

Well I took a break from the workouts and now I need to get back into it before I completely walk away. My all or nothing personality would really affect this part of my life.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=Justachic;12312036]Kimlou....send some rain this way please. It rained briefly here on the coast yesterday and with the breezes, it felt like Hawaii weather. Beautiful! It only rains here in the winter and spring so when we get summer rains, it's really nice.

Well I took a break from the workouts and now I need to get back into it before I completely walk away. My all or nothing personality would really affect this part of my life.[/QUOTE]

I am the same way.

I left my Zumba video out the other day. My 17 yo stepson, came through the house and saw it lying on the entertainment center.

He covered his face and said " First Mom then now you, please don't show me what you have learned like she does. It's just not right..... " Oh, gotta love em.

I was going to take the class until I found out she had signed up too. For now I'll just do it in the privacy of my house.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

hi everyone, we are having a great time here. I was traumatized testerday playing golf!!! we were on the 7th hole and I hit my ball and it hit a squirrel right smack in the head !! It knocked him out and when he came to, he can only run around in circles !! I almost cried I felt so bad . musta gave him brain damage, poor thing.

kim, the flooding in Louisville has been on the news here. I dont miss all that rain. We will bring some sunshine back with us Monday . Time to tee off, be back later after golf and bowling !!!