Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bsbarlow
Stats: 230/222/138
WOE: LC
Start Date: 6/5/09
I ordered another bottle of Thinfat. I used the Tonalin CLA before the Thinfat. I just do not want to go back to all of those pills
bsbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Welcome back chic . I was worried about you

Billie, I am with you there. I don't want to take alot of capsules again so I will probably go with the ThinFat also. I gained 2 lbs this week eeeek !!! I have one more unopened bottle of the liquid cla I better go crack open
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #63
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Trisha! How ya doing today?
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh not too bad chic . I just got done painting the porch with that sandy non-skid paint. That about did me in. My neck is killing me now . I'll be glad to go to my Dr next week and find out whats wrong with it now !!
hows things going with you???
Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #65
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Trisha....Maybe you should put in an order for a new neck? Sorry to hear it and hope your pain will completely go away.

As for me, things are better this evening. I realize we have to focus on the positives in our lives or we end up walking around depressed and ticked off all the time! I don't want to do that, no no no. So yes, I may not live in a perfect world, but it could be a heck of a lot worse now couldn't it?

Did you do something nice for yourself yet???

It's late here, gotta hit the sack and rejuvenate for tomorrow's surprises.

~The Chic
Old 07-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1981/396
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
I've been taking the cla 3 x a day for a week and upped it to 5 x a day today. Also started the gla today. All they had at walmart was 5oo mg of borage oil with 110 gal in it. So Im taking 9 a day. Good thing they where cheap! Took my measurements this morning ( talk about depressing ) and used my nifty new scale to get my fat percentage and bmi. Its also told me my water percentage and how much my bones weigh. Both my fat percentage and bmi are sky high.
I plan on still using coconut oil while trying this. It would be nice to see the scale move since it wasn't for me so far but I'd be happy seeing inches fall off more. For those who count measurements how often do you take them? I was thinking once a week?

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-11-2009 at 02:59 PM..
dixiegal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suckitin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
Love you user name
Haha! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
I,m afraid I can't help you there but maybe someone else can . I like food too much to ever try a fast :blush:. I don't really know alot about anything except this combo works for me if I do it right

I'm with Kim, I love your name
Alright, thanks anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenejoy View Post
suckitin:

I take my combo on an empty stomach every morning... i dont eat till about 2 hours after I take it. It is just my schedule. I think it will work fine.
Thank you! I used to take CLA in liquid form, but now I'm using the capsules so I was wondering if it would make much difference if I took it on an empty stomach.

Thank you all again for your help! Haven't been visiting this thread much lately unfortunately...

By the way, I've been using the combo for approximately two months. There is a difference, but quite minor. I want to see dramatic change, but I'm not sure if I should be hopeful since it's been so long already with only minor changes. Thoughts?

Last edited by suckitin; 07-12-2009 at 06:38 AM..
suckitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
I quit taking my combo since I keep having weight fluctuations, so I don't know if it's helping or not.I'm just gonna wait it out. Plus I was doing okay with the capsules but when I added all the other anti-inflamatory and other meds, it was just too many capsules so I dropped the combo and my b-caps, and the theanine, and just focusing on the inflam meds.

Happy Sunday Everybody. Hope the Heat isn't killing anyone else. . . .
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

chic, I wish I could get a new neck lol. This ones worn out !!

dixiegal, once a week is about right if you can wait that long lol

suckitin, I would stick with it. The research says it takes 3 months to see good results, but some have been lucky and saw them much sooner.

metqa, It hasnt been too hot here yet. We are going to be in Florida again Aug 1-9 and its VERY hot there. Good thing there is a pool there !!

I still havent decided on what CLA capsules I want to take. I have 1 full bottle of the liquid cla left so I better decide quick !! I know they said the last batch tasted bad but still had all the active ingredients in it, but I can't help thinking it's not as effective. I'm going to finish it though and start on some caps after that.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #70
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Trisha....So you are going to start taking the combo again huh? Good luck to ya as it didn't seem to do too much for me the second and third times around. What really has helped me is the CO, Aceytl L-Carnitine and running.

I really haven't been dieting especially after this weekend and I haven't been hitting the gym regularly in about 2 weeks. It's okay though, I don't feel any major damage because of it. I will go back to clean eating and exercise TODAY! It's okay to give your body a break but not for too long.

It was a FAB weekend, now it's back to normal stuff. Hope you all have a great week.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

ok, I have been taking the combo again for a week now (not on any plan), and my shorts are definately looser. I have to keep pulling them up . I take my liquid cla and 4-5 Now brand borage oil caps at night right before I go to bed.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL chic, we were posting at the same time . I have been adding the CO to my coffee, but only about 2 TBS a day. I need to increase it to 4 right?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greenejoy
Stats: 150
WOE: carb cycling
Start Date: Sept 08
inches

Hello Everyone,

I am still taking the combo, still on low carb(except for 1 or 2 days) and in the past 3 weeks I have seen no lost inches. It has stopped. I was averaging about 1/2 inch loss a week. Now nothing. Should I increase the borage oil to one more pill a day? I am taking 4. 5 tonalin CLA. With anyones past experience when the inch loss stopped, did it ever pick up again? Just curious, I still love the 3 1/2 inch loss I already got.
greenejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #74

I need to start back with the coconut oil for sure. Thanks you guys for posting over and over about the CO, I keep forgetting about it! LOL

ETA: Yeah Trish 4 T is the daily therapeutic dose. Don't move up too fast though or you will feel
Old 07-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Greene, I did that too, but it did pick back up. You just have to stick with it. I had a 6 lb whoosh one night after a couple week slow down !!! Had the jelly belly going on right before it happened . But after, I could feel my hip bones when I layed down. I alternate between 4 & 5 borage caps a day. My hubby Tom only needs to take 2 !! No fair !!!

Good afternoon metqa , thanks for the tip !!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #76
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks for answering her question Metqa. I am loving my CO! I use it internally AND externally. My body has a beautiful glow with it. It's now my new moisturizer and eye cream.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

I just bought new golf grips !!! Ain't they puuuuuuurdy !!! They will go well with my new pink & silver golf bag

I know chic will like them

Can't wait to show them off when we go to Florida !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PinkGolfGrips.jpg (16.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 07-13-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #78
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I DO! I DO!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

I knew it !!!!

Just hope they get here before we leave for Florida
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #80
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Yer gonna be STYLIN! I would love to learn how to golf....
Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: changing
Stats: 127/110/113
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 7/2/9
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I jump in here.

I just ordered the GLA/CLA combo and will be starting later this week! I will update you guys if I see any results.
changing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

chic, I never said I could play well, but we sure have fun !!! Those senior citizens we play against kick our butts !!!

changing, welcome to the thread . Jump right in here, glad to have you join us and looking forward to hearing about your results with the combo
Old 07-14-2009, 04:46 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Greene, I did that too, but it did pick back up. You just have to stick with it. I had a 6 lb whoosh one night after a couple week slow down !!! Had the jelly belly going on right before it happened . But after, I could feel my hip bones when I layed down. I alternate between 4 & 5 borage caps a day. My hubby Tom only needs to take 2 !! No fair !!!

Good afternoon metqa , thanks for the tip !!
Aw, Jelly Belly! I have one of those. Maybe I should keep taking the combo and just up the dose. So many Pills! Maybe I oughtta invest in the liquid. Since I've never tasted the tasty version, I couldn't be disappointed in the new versions lack of flavor, ya'think?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:51 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Trish----Sport that pink !!!
My son the golfer, is a big Florida Gators fan. He has the Gator head covers, everytime I go there they crack me up.

Gotta run.... Chris Doughtery is on the Today show (, sexy :blushand young .

Now back to the real world.......... DH volunteered me take MIl to the Dr. this morning. stomping off

Just to add, He told I would come early and fix her hair.

Disclaimer: Vent in progress... Yes, I like my MIL. But she talks about people I do not know. Wants the inside scoop I had when I worked in town with people that had/have substance abuse... can't she understand CONFIDENTIAL, even though I don't work there anymore. Then after she leaves the Dr. she like to go to the drug store, still has a grill and fountain to sit and drink coffee (boring) and see what is going on across the street at the courthouse. After court the Sheriffs, cops and state police come over drink coffe and talk... she knows all the scoop!!!! HOPEFULLY, since she went yesterday with her daughter. I can take her straight home . Vent over

Last edited by kimlou; 07-14-2009 at 06:11 AM..
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #85
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Isn't this a great place to vent? Let me see uhmmmm.....nope....nothing to vent today!

Younger men? Not a thing wrong with them I say. I think that if I was a single girl I'd date em (just as long as they were NOT TOO young). Besides, there is a trend with younger men/older women right now so I don't think it would be too much of a taboo.

Today is going to be a great day for the pool! Ahhhhhhh.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post

Today is going to be a great day for the pool! Ahhhhhhh.
Go on just rub in my face. Just doesn't seem fair !!

IF I were single just a bit younger... ok. A girl can admire the finer things in life
I raised my son ... Geezzz I don't want to raise another one !

4 hours to the Dr. and the drugstore, pay the water bill, phone bill, grocery and the dollar store

Calgon take me away.

Last edited by kimlou; 07-14-2009 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

metqa, you can't get the liquid cla anymore unless you go with the ThinFat. I just ordered Super CLA Blend with Guarana and Sesame Lignans to try. From what I can tell, it's 5 caps a day

Kim, I just bought some pink spray paint for my golf bag pull cart too lol. Can you tell I love pink ??? Awww you can come here and vent anytime, we understand . (Let me know if you hear any good gossip ) If I can talk Tom into a pool for next year, you better come over and swim with me !!! I'll have the floaties ready !!

chic, I am so jealous !! I want a pool too !!! Yano, I never was interested in younger men, I liked the maturity of the older gents

I went to my Physical rehab dr today in lexington. There is no structure damage thank goodness. There is some disc degeneration, which he said can be expected. He recommends 6 weeks of physical therapy to loosen everything back up. He said its all knotted up in a ball and needs to be stretched back out. I am so glad it wasnt something that needed another surgery !! Now the long wait for approval from workers comp *sighs*

Y'all know our house is a "stray magnet" right? 8-9 stray cats out there now lol, but last week our dd Chrissy got a big surprise when she went out on the porch after dark to talk to her bf on her cell. A huge white dog came up to her and scared her lol. He's HUGE !!! Its a great pyranese (sp)?. I put an add on the local website that I had him here. Tom was talking about it at work and a lady heard him and said she was with the great pyranese rescue center and if we didnt find its owners she would take it and find a good home for it . Well Hailey saw him and named him snow bear lol. Our one neighbors fell in love with him too, hes a gentle giant, and we decided between the 2 of us, we could keep food out for him and let him stay. He didnt bother anything and he was here for 5 days. Well we have one neighbor up the road that shoots any dog that crosses his yard and another neighbor across the road (the dog shooters daughter ) and they saw him and came running out with a gun and were going to shoot him !!! They called the dog warden, who kills them if they are not claimed in 2 days. Tom went and got him and we put him in a fenced area to keep him safe. He called the rescue lady the next morning and told her she better come get him before someone kills him. Right after that call, the owner called and said she was coming to get him. Her sister saw my ad on the website. She described him perfectly and said his name was "Dallas." Well after talking to her when she came to pick him up (she lives the next road over) I wish we had let the rescue people get him. She was gone on vacation and didnt even know he was gone. She said shes had several that have gone missing and I can see why. poor things get no attention at home and go elsewhere to get it. Anyway, I suspect he will be back since he got lots of love and attention here, and then we will call the rescue people to find a loving home for him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1247.JPG (85.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1249.JPG (79.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1250.JPG (75.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg snow bear.jpg (42.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 07-14-2009 at 01:07 PM..
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Haileys swimming pool (our hot tub lol) She said she's Ariel on her seahorse lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1236.JPG (57.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1237.JPG (67.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1238.JPG (64.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 07-14-2009 at 01:13 PM..
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Hailey on her horse "Mouse"

Sorry, I just love showing her off, shes such a cutie !! Shes so tiny. She just turned 4 and she only weighs 26.5 lbs (shes tiny but healthy)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hailey & Mouse.JPG (34.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Hailey huggin Mouse.jpg (61.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Hailey&Mouse2.JPG (28.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now see.... normally unless they are drop dead hunky I could care less. But... when I saw Daughtery on American Idol and heard his voice then the smile.

But my taste are more mature (not geriatric) with a personality and sense of humor. Because I am a nutcase !!!

I have to be in Lexington at 8:30 am in the morning. Hand surgeon. So I guess I'll know soon when. Just be glad and get it over with.

Trish -- have you been to Whole Foods in Lex.? If so your thoughts.

Boyds Grand daughter. She will be a year 7/21 and weighs 29 lbs.

Last edited by kimlou; 07-14-2009 at 02:47 PM..