Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #811
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
It's officially Christmas time in my home!

Hi gal pals! And.....Phil.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 06:02 AM   #812
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Hi! I have to find the lights and stuff I bought last year on discount and start decorating.

Hey, anyone notice when you are trying to be positive that stupid stuff happens to try to lower your mood? I just had an interesting conversation with my school about my loan. Last year I deferred it cause of economics. It ended and I sent my payment on time. I was about to ask for another one, since I had my hours cut and am on UI and all. Couple weeks ago, I got a call saying I'd missed a payment. but no, it was just the computer hadn't updated and everything was fine. Yesterday , as I was about to drop my most recent deferment application in the mail, I got an invoice from them, which I expected since my next payment is due the 15th. But instead of a regular invoice, it had a nasty notice at the bottom accelerating my payments and I had to pay the whole thing, and they are unwilling to repeatedly write and call for delinquent accounts and I was inelligible for deferment and they were sending it to a colllecting agent. What? So I had to hold onto the application till i called them.

The lady, who remembers me, checked everything and said I was on schedule but the computer didn't forward the last payment and therefore thinks I'm in default. So it was a automatically generated letter ( doesn't make me feel better about being chastised) Because my payments are quarterly, (which they decided 10 years ago), the computer is now having trouble forwarding information cause other newer accounts are being paid monthly (not my problem). So they asked me if I wanted to pay monthly from now on. Well if it will keep nasty letters from being sent to me I ll pay it weekly for goodness sake.

So I'm still gonna send in the request for deferment, along with the $230 payment, but instead of waiting till march to pay the next one I have to pay it again in January. and none of this is my fault.

Just Keep Smiling, Just Keep Smiling, . . .
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:07 AM   #813

The part that made it easier to keep smiling is that the lady remembers me even still a decade later and so did everyone else in the office. :blush:

Dang, I was in such a rush to call them, and you can't make business calls till fully dressed, and I forgot to weigh this morning. Now I gotta go strip and weigh myself, and it's not my fault if I fall back into the warm blankets.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #814
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Hope you are having a better day today Metqa!

Where is everyone? Hibernating?
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #815

I'm having a great day. A lazy procrastination day, but great nonetheless. I went shopping this evening at the dollar stores and grabbed lots of little items to make into gifts. Got home later than usual cause stores have extended their hours, and I didn't realize how late it was!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I actually wanna clean up the house, and do some chores! go figure that! Then I can put up some decorations, too!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #816

~*~ Winter 2009 CLA/GLA...& Whatever is Working For You !!~*~

Okay, everybody! I'm calling you all out! Right Now! I know it's not December 20th yet, but it's cold enough to be winter! So I started a new thread. Everybody get your skinny hinneys over to the winter CLA/GLA thread and start Posting. Don't make me have to come and get you!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
I know....old thread..... but was wondering if anyone who had done the CLA or CLA/GLA were still doing it and what results they had.... it seems to have died off in interest.Vicki

Last edited by sweetpoison; 03-16-2010 at 07:40 AM..
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #818
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fire27503
Stats: 157/136/125
Start Date: Restart date: Feb. 25, 2013
Just checkin in

fire27503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire27503 View Post
Check in over here:
~*~ 2010 CLA/GLA...& Whatever is Working For You !!~*~
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
What brands of both CLA/GLA do y'all suggest? How many pills of that brand? Or is liquid a better choice?
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #821

Omigosh, I finally figured out why I have had such a hard time taking CLA. Because the smell of it to me is what I associate with rancid Oil! That's Crazy! Well, that explains why I couldn't stick with it despite my brain telling me how good it's supposed to me, my nose and throat were telling me I was taking bad oil!

Sorry weightloss, I cant make a suggestion, since I quit taking the liquid long ago when they stopped making it, and I can't abide pills, and even if I squirt the oil out of the pill it smells awful to me. Maybe someone else will pipe in with what they are currently using.

I guess if I'm gonna get any CLA, I'm gonna have to buy grass fed butter and beef.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #822

I got this quote from a site called healthyeating, but I'm mad at them for at the same time villifying saturated fat. I gave them a piece of my mind then stole their information, LOL
Listed below are a few natural sources of CLA. Of course there is MORE CLA in grass fed animals, but you will get at least some in these foods.

Quote:
Several kinds of meat contain CLA.

Chicken and pork contain only small amounts of CLA, while beef, ground turkey, lamb and veal more significantly boost your intake of the fat.

You can also consume CLA from a few vegetarian-friendly sources.

If you're an ovo-lacto vegetarian, you can boost your CLA intake by eating dairy products. Swiss and Colby cheeses are the richest sources of CLA, but homogenized milk, yogurt, sour cream, butter and cottage cheese also contain some CLA.

Those on a strict vegetarian or vegan diet can get CLA from white button mushrooms and pomegranate seed oil.

Some vegetable oils, including safflower and sunflower oils, also contain CLA.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #823
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I have always wondered if just taking the liquid safflower oil is the same as taking cla capsules. I have in the past mixed Hollywood safflower oil, mct oil and borage oil and gotten a loss of inches in the waist ant lower pooch rather quickly. It only works for a couple of weeks and then seems to not be aiding in any faster weight loss than just eating low carb. Matter of fact I am going to go take my combo right now.

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-19-2013 at 11:40 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote