Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/140.4/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Whoa! Wow!
I didn't know he was sick either. I'd chatted with him at least once, maybe more. Really friendly and nice. Wow!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ADLMA
Trying to make it back more often. I am schooling four young'uns though! LOL Based on my last post, a little proof reading would not be a bad idea! It was not easy finding the liquid L Carnitine, but I landed it! Spreading out the CLA also helps my tummy deal with it. I should have thought of that a lot sooner.

Chic - Sounds like a great idea! The hubby and I should try that some time! We have not been anywhere without the kids since they began showing up on our door step. I can well see why nobody wants to do anything radical with your hair. It is lovely. I went to my class reunion. It seems everyone knew me because of my hair. . .after all these years. No. I ain't about to say how many!!!! LOL You look just lovely! When I hit goal, I'll post me. . .maybe.

Metqa - Did you try the shoeless summer again? I wondered that! LOL Did you ever post your recipe for mold remover? How is that situation now?
ADLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Trish---- you have hotmail
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #754
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLMA View Post
Trying to make it back more often. I am schooling four young'uns though! LOL Based on my last post, a little proof reading would not be a bad idea! It was not easy finding the liquid L Carnitine, but I landed it! Spreading out the CLA also helps my tummy deal with it. I should have thought of that a lot sooner.

Chic - Sounds like a great idea! The hubby and I should try that some time! We have not been anywhere without the kids since they began showing up on our door step. I can well see why nobody wants to do anything radical with your hair. It is lovely. I went to my class reunion. It seems everyone knew me because of my hair. . .after all these years. No. I ain't about to say how many!!!! LOL You look just lovely! When I hit goal, I'll post me. . .maybe.
Metqa - Did you try the shoeless summer again? I wondered that! LOL Did you ever post your recipe for mold remover? How is that situation now?
Thank you and I have no doubt that you WILL hit goal when you are ready! I'll be lookin fwd to seeing you post you.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: l_s_bear
Stats: 225/178/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: November 2008
ADLMA
l_s_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #756
Junior LCF Member

ADLMA -- Can you tell us more about your GLA, CLA and L-Carnitine plan? Do you space your CLA in the morning and then GLA in the afternoon? Also, how much L-Carnitine do you take and when do you take that during the day?

I just started taking the GLA/CLA combo a month ago....I have had some changes but not much so I would like to mix it up with your plan.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Loo
Old 11-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLMA View Post

Hahaha, Those were good times. NOPE, I had to keep my shoes on this time. I don't go out much anymore, creepy landlord and uninteresting neighbors, plus (former)work, and lazy tendencies make for a boring Metqa.

The mold solution, oh I never did post that, eh?. I used a 32 oz bottle and blended 5% vinegar( the first time I used a stronger vinegar) about 20-30 drops of GSE, grapefruit seed extract, and a couple of drops of tea tree oil. I didn't use the tea tree oil this time cause I have a stupid kitten who manages to get into the most inconvenient situations ever. Tea trea oil is fatally toxic to cats in miniscule doses. I was afraid even the vapors might cause liver damage, so instead I pretreated the mold with hydrogen peroxide ( an oxidizer)to wet(prevent the spread of) and attack the spores, then followed with a vinegar(strong acid)/gse (fungicide/bactericide/viracide *claims)blend.

I felt much worse before I started to feel better, and the maintenance guys came scraped off as much old paint as possible(my insistence) and used a sealing paint, and repainted with fungicide added to the paint.

The landlord tried to blame me for it, suggested keeping housplants, and taking showers and cooking contributed( there is no mold in the interior though). But Karma is funny, cause now another building and the landlords office itself is flooding from the recent rains. I can't wait for my neighbors places and the office to start molding up. That may sound mean, but they wouldn't stick up for me when I asked them to report their mold, and the landlord could then claim that my unit was the only one with a mold problem as if I were the cause. I hope they all get hives and moldy cheese!!

I even wonder if that's why my kombucha stopped producing. Oh well. That's all over and All's well here, just getting over a mild concussion and looking forward to Thanksgiving!
(There's always something with me isn't there?)

Now what's YOUR story? What's been happening lady!
Are you Homeschooling? I didn't go to my class reunion. Do you think carnitine could keep a person up for 24 hours? BF had his drink spiked with RedBull yesterday and couldn't sleep all day!(he works night shift) I don't think it was only the caffeine.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 11-13-2009 at 06:08 PM..
Old 11-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkimouse
Stats: 247/148/150 ~6'0~
WOE: ~ Low Carb ~
Start Date: August 26, 2007
Hi Guys... I thought i would pop in and see how everyone is doing! I have missed you all...I have been so busy, with full time work, full time teens, Full time hubby, full time housework. *whew wipes sweat from brow* I have missed you all and think about you often

Work takes 95% of my energy I deal with cranky peeps all day long, but by the time i get home it's 100% go again LOL kids, dinner, homework.... then hubby wnats to talk at * pm... and im like uuuhhhh what? LOL

Im waiting for the storm to hit tonight, we have had rain all afternoon. I dont like it.

Im still packing on about 10 lbs too many...I kinda am a carb o holic i so messed up this summer, but i didnt feel guilty then but crap i do now. I have learned that when i gain a lil bit back its goes straight to my tummy. But i have this carb angel that sits on my shoulder that tells me " If you would exercise it wouldnt come back as bad' but if you remember im allergic to exercise!

Anyways I hope anyone who gets the N1H1 gets over it ok, I have a guy i work with that had it he is 32, Healthy, slim, etc... he had a fever of 104 he said OMG i thought i was going to DIE!!! I also heard that bleach, disinfectant wipes do not work. To kill it you have to mix 1C rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 cup water to clean your house..... food for thought. ya' all gonna think im nutz o but i also have an onion in every room of my home. ( No they dont stink) They absorb germs, and bacteria which keeps us from getting sick.

I also have had deaths in the family this past summer, and had to make a few trips to NM for them.

Other than that how is everyone been doing?Ok im gonna go find some LC potatos.....

To all!

Start date of CLA/GLA.....08-26-2007
Goal Met 10-25-08

Mikki
mikkimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #759

Wow! Mikki! You HAVE been busy. Onions?! REally?!

I'm sorry about the family loss. seems like lots of people are going lately. I don't like it.

I'm glad to see you, Mikki!.

Go make some mashed cauliflower. Oh yeah. I still have a container from Keto Potatoes, and one of ingredients after soy and oat flour and other gummy stuff, was indeed powdered potato. I wonder if you made your mashed cauliflower and just added a Tablespoon of powdered potato flakes, would that make it more real when you have the potato craving? I tricked BF's brother like that! He still doesn't know it was cauliflower!

Found I prefer cauliflower to mashed potato now, too gooey the potato.

I'm glad I'm stocked up on alcohol and peroxide!

Last edited by metqa; 11-13-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Old 11-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #760
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Metqa....Hmmm...I had been thinking about that No-potato Salad recipe. I'm going to have to try it now.

Mikki.....I hear ya about it going straight to the belly and I kind of go up and down myself like the way you did this summer. I tried on my skinny jeans I wore this summer and i felt like I was trying to stuff a sausage. Thank goodness that I can usually correct this before it gets TOO bad and thank goodness for SPANX! <<< speaking of stuffing sausages! lol

I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I won't be able to check in with you peeps until Monday or Tuesday.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:20 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Hey metqa how have you been doing?i will have to try the caulifolower potaots they sound yummy, I will let you know through out the winter on the onions... LOL also did you know that if you are running a fever that wont go away cut an onion in 1/2 and put on the bottom of your feet and they will absorb the toxins in your body and break the fever? i know its kinds yucky.... but if it helps oh well huh?

Chic..... how you been girl? I know that so sux with the weight going back to my belly....LOL at stuffing sausages..... your funny @ spandex.... be safe on your trip

Hello to everybody else......Ill check back a bit later, today is my youngests b-day now he is a teen....

to all
Old 11-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #762

Hey Chic, I saw an unpotato salad recipe on Linda Sues, I've never tried. but it looks good. I just got my mind out of the mood for potato salad, but I'm sure If I tried it with cauliflower I'd like it.

Mikki! Omigosh, the onion on the foot thing is really true?! I thought that was just an old granny folklore, Hahaha! How cool. I guess it's not that yucky, most BO smells like onion to me anyway,
Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hey Chic, I saw an unpotato salad recipe on Linda Sues, I've never tried. but it looks good. I just got my mind out of the mood for potato salad, but I'm sure If I tried it with cauliflower I'd like it.

Mikki! Omigosh, the onion on the foot thing is really true?! I thought that was just an old granny folklore, Hahaha! How cool. I guess it's not that yucky, most BO smells like onion to me anyway,

It really worked on my kiddos a few yrs ago when their fever was high.... LOL @ BO.... so true though huh?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Metqa! I am home educating still. I have one more to the mix too. Now I am up to 4 kids to school. Everything keeps me up, but my L Carnitine doesn't. I think it was your bf's spike. LOL Thank you for the recipe. I have a bathroom that is giving me a hard time. It seems to just stay moist in there! How is all this rain treating you now?

Chic - Thanks for the encouragement! I am happy with the changes so far! LOL

Bear - I take L Carnitine (1 T) right out of bed. I use liquid. I wait 15 minutes and take 1 CLA. I wait 60 minutes and take another CLA. I continue, until 4 are in me. Before lunch, I take L Carnitne again (1 T). I then workout on an empty tummy. Then I eat a protein lunch. My workout is about 45 minutes. Sounds confusing, but once you get the swing of it, it works! CLA was not working for me, as I was on then off. This is working big time! I use a few other things too, but this is the big part.

Micky - Hey Girl!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #765

Wow Adlma, I'm glad you found a CLA pattern that's working. My biggest fault was remembering to take it at all. Even with the liquid I'm forgetting the morning dose as usual cause I don't eat first thing. Better though is the fact that a half teaspoon goes down so easily.

Hey Trish, the more I take it the less the oiliness bothers me. I think my body had decided that it's not toxic, after all. I can even take it right off the spoon now!

Adlma, when the lanlords workers came and realized the problem was not me but water actually coming through the walls(landlord still denies) they brought a bucket of some expensive wall moisture sealant they had just ordered and resealed the outside wall, and sealed the inside wall before repainting, cause I told them that even though they repainted last time, they just painted over the old mold that was eating the paint underneath. and the water was still coming in keeping the mold alive. Workers see this BS all the time, they can't stand up to the boss about it, but I think they made it better. Landlord told them only to repaint, but they did all that other stuff for me too. I wrote a thank you note but I don't know if they ever saw it. I should give them gift certificates for xmas or something nice for their extra care at least a card with a personal note of thanks! I'll be sure to hand that to them in person rather than through the office this time.

I've always thought it would be cool to homeschool, but I have no kids of my own.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #766
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
metqa, where do you live? I have a good friend who recently moved to fairburn by peachtree city. Is that close to you?

I have no issues with the new liquid cla at all. I'm lovin it

Kim, I am away from my computer alot when I have facebook up, so I don't ignore you, lol, I'm just away

The girls really enjoyed the Chris Daughtry concert last night. I'll post pictures soon. They stalked the tour bus until 1am and Daughtry came out in his jammies and did autographs and talked to them lol
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #767

I"m about an two hours from peach tree city. I guess that's not very close?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #768

is CLA a long chain fatty acid, or is it like coconut oil and absorbs without bile digestion??
Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #769
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
is CLA a long chain fatty acid, or is it like coconut oil and absorbs without bile digestion??
:blush:
Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #770
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I"m about an two hours from peach tree city. I guess that's not very close?
closer than me
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #771
Junior LCF Member

ADLMA - Thank you so much for sharing your routine. I bought the L-Carnitne tablets at walmart yesterday so I will give it a go. I will provide an update in a couple weeks

Loo
Old 11-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Kim................

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Biiiiiiiiirthday dear Kimlouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!!

and many more !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #773

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Loo - I hope you find a stride that works for you! It took me a while to find the exact combo and timing that worked for me.

Metqa - Thank goodness the workers cared! You are such a darling thing, I am sure they were feeling your pain! It is a shame what land lords can get by with. We have a local one that had his tenants living in horror, so he now has to live in one of his dive properties for 30 days.

Trish - How are things with the kiddos?

Chic - I can't imagine you ever put back on even an ounce. You are too active!

Mikki - I am sure you will lose those 10 lbs fast! Not to worry! Onions clense? I know they make taters spoil fast. LOL

MMof2 - Where are you??

Phil - Heard that sound of shots bursting through the woods. . .made me think of you.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the b-day wishes !!!!

Had my last carpal tunnel surgery tuesday, typing one handed ... again.

My dh's on thge liquid cla........ what is that stuff i just fixed for you !!!

Have a good day ladies....
Old 11-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Kim................

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Biiiiiiiiirthday dear Kimlouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!!

and many more !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

, my friends
Old 11-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #777
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

So did you do something fun for your birthday Kimlou? I hope so!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
So did you do something fun for your birthday Kimlou? I hope so!
We went out to eat. I also got a necklace I have been looking at !!!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #779
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I'm SO ready for the weekend! Almost there............
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
I also got a necklace I have been looking at !!!
PICTURE !!!!!

Hi chic !!!