Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #691
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Yessssssssssss !!!

Its here, It's hereeeeeeee !!! , and cheaper than I paid from Canada . I ordered 2 bottles already ...woohoo, I can't wait to get started on it !!
Had a great lunch with Tom & Kim today at the "weed". We ate good, grilled Tilapia & veggies and lemon water. ( I won't mention the chips and salsa)

Hi Trisha,

I have excellent news, the PVL liquid CLA is here and available for purchase:

http://www.netrition.com/pvl_liquid_cla3.html

Best Regards,

-- Sandra Roddy
Operations Manager
Netrition - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

Last edited by kycowgirl; 11-02-2009 at 02:54 PM..
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #692
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellas View Post
im a chocoaholic lol i cant stop eating some.
try making cocoa bark from coconut oil and cocoa. it's good

I agree with Trisha, if you can, get a check up with your doc. That sounds pretty scary. I"m having nausea and eye issues, but it's cause I got smacked upside the head. If it happened all by itself I'd be more skeered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Its here, It's hereeeeeeee !!!
Yay! Yay!

Huh! Wassat? I didn't hear anything 'bout any chips and salsa!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #693

Okay, Trisha, check my math. It says the dose is 1/2 teaspoon for 2500mg , and there are 96 doses. To get the minimum 3400, we'd have to take 3/4 teaspoon, right? So that means there are 64 daily doses of 3750mg?

ETA: No Wait! there are 2000g\mg pure CLA so a 1/2 dose is 2000? so 3/4 t is 3000 mg, but less than the daily minimum. . .

So 1 whole teaspoon per day , 4000mg, would be the dose we need. So that would be 48 daily doses of 4000mg of CLA.

okay, is that right?

How fast does Netrition ship?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 11-03-2009 at 08:08 AM..
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!

metqa, the longest its ever taken me to get a netrition shipment is 4 days. I should have mine friday . I'll let you know when it gets here. This new cla says take 1/2 tsp 2-3 times a day and also to use for 3-4 weeks, then cycle off for 2 weeks. I'm going to do it that way, probably 3 times a day. Speaking of checking with your Dr., have YOU checked with yours about your head young lady hmmmmmm???? Sounds to me like it would be a good idea. That doesnt sound good gf

HOW MUCH LIQUID CLA-3 SHOULD I TAKE?
1 teaspoon delivers 4 grams of CLA – the same amount scientifically proven to get you lean AND improve your musculature, even while dieting. But that amount of active CLA could only be obtained before by eating over 5,000 calories per day of high fat foods, such as cheese and beef. PVL now delivers this pure isolated CLA, so you can now get just the pure CLA - without all the calories! And in our new easy to use Liquid CLA-3, up to 8 or even 12 grams of CLA per day may be taken, easily! CLA also works best when “cycled”, by using it for 3-4 weeks on and coming off for 2 weeks, before going on again.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Quote:
metqa, the longest its ever taken me to get a netrition shipment is 4 days. I should have mine friday . I'll let you know when it gets here. This new cla says take 1/2 tsp 2-3 times a day and also to use for 3-4 weeks, then cycle off for 2 weeks. I'm going to do it that way, probably 3 times a day. Speaking of checking with your Dr., have YOU checked with yours about your head young lady hmmmmmm???? Sounds to me like it would be a good idea. That doesnt sound good gf

1 teaspoon delivers 4 grams of CLA – the same amount scientifically proven to get you lean AND improve your musculature, even while dieting. But that amount of active CLA could only be obtained before by eating over 5,000 calories per day of high fat foods, such as cheese and beef. PVL now delivers this pure isolated CLA, so you can now get just the pure CLA - without all the calories! And in our new easy to use Liquid CLA-3, up to 8 or even 12 grams of CLA per day may be taken, easily! CLA also works best when “cycled”, by using it for 3-4 weeks on and coming off for 2 weeks, before going on again.

From Canada ??

Hey guys.......... Trish and I done the "weed" yesterday.. Tumbleweed that is . We had grilled Tilapia it was mavvvelous !!!! Good company, good food and good conversation.. just what I needed !!!!

Trish really is a sweetie !!!!

Hey Metq, Chic, Phil , Mikki

Isabelle---- I hope you are feeling better. Take care Drink plenty of fluids. I get te dizzzies and nauseous when I pee too much, it cause a potassium and sodium loss.

Going on day 2 of NO sweets. Just so I will not kill anyone or anything... I have a bag of Russell Stovers (sf) stashed back... Thankfully they don't cause any stoamach distress.

Sorry Trish, I missed your post on our outing........ Ummmmm... Tom ate most of the chips .

OK !!!!!!! I am going to give the liquid a try.... so glad Netrition has it now !!!!

Last edited by kimlou; 11-03-2009 at 10:21 AM..
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #696

Quote:

Well, that's good, I just placed my order, along with a gallon of coconut oil!
I'm gonna be using it twice a day I think, until Thanksgiving, and then I'll be on a low fat protocol for 3 weeks so that will a break. Then I'll be back to low carb so I'll finish it up and probably reorder around New year. I didn't know about the cycling that's good info.

No I haven't seen anyone and likely won't. Even Unless it doesn't improve or get worse. There is a waiting list at the low income clinic, so I'd have to wait to see someone anyway, and the other thing is the only way to tell if there is a real problem is an expensive CT scan, and without insurance that would eat up all of my savings. So I'm just riding along to see what happens. It's only because I know the cause that I can be so casual about it. It really is a bit disorienting at times. But I can function. I won't be using many big words for a while And since the driving job is caput for now, I can chill and not be on the road much. BF doesn't see that there's anything we can do besides do nothing(wait and see) or do everything(big hospital bill, maybe for nothing).

Thanks for reminding me though,I'm gonna get my name on the clinic waiting list at least for a check up. but I doubt they'll suggest anything esle other than rest and recoup. No football, but I'm annoyed I can't use my rebounder, I was just getting going again since I stole it back from BF. He only just missed it and I took it two weeks ago!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metq------ Take it easy...
Old 11-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

Kim, I ordered 3 bottles from Canada before netriton got it in, thinking it would be on their site for awhile. So I have 3 coming from Canada, and 2 coming from Netrition lol. With Tom & I both taking it, I don't wanna run out. I wanna be thinner before our Florida trip in March . Gonna dust off the treadmil and get on it !!! Starting back on plan Monday if my shipment comes in by then. I really enjoyed our lunch too . I'm ready to do it again, that grilled tilapia is melt in your mouth good !!!

wondering how the new cla tastes hmmmm.

metqa, please be careful, I worry about you !!!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #699

Thanks Kim and Trish. I will. the clinic only takes new applicants once a week, for only one hour period to call and sign up so I'll have to call back next week. I'm a tough cut of meat, I'll be fine. (was gonna say tough cookie, but y'know . . )
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #700
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Hey there! I'm not caught up on what's been going on but I did want to say hello to you cool peeps that regularly come on here and give me something to read about. Today was one busy day for me and I'm about to crash out. Just posted some pics of my boys first class in Jiu Jitsu on FB. It was exciting to watch them!

I'll check in tomorrow when I get some down time.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #701
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Isabellas
Stats: 265
WOE: cla
Start Date: oct 20 2009
Ok so i have a appointement this afternoon with the dr will see whats going on PLUS my 3 Kids are having high fever and coughing so its pretty ruff over here.

So I start taking the Cla back and see plus i was taking Primerose oil its sais its GLA but i read one of your old post and its sais to take borage oil ?? Is it the same thing? Am I taking primerose oil for nothing?
Isabellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellas View Post
Ok so i have a appointement this afternoon with the dr will see whats going on PLUS my 3 Kids are having high fever and coughing so its pretty ruff over here.

So I start taking the Cla back and see plus i was taking Primerose oil its sais its GLA but i read one of your old post and its sais to take borage oil ?? Is it the same thing? Am I taking primerose oil for nothing?
I heard that primrose oil could cause hot flashes and unpleasant side effects. It supposed to be the one that premenopausal and postmenopausal women take cause it counteracts some of their symptoms, but makes non meno folks uncomfortable. At least that's what the health store clerk told me when I asked the difference.

It does have GLA so you'd get the benefit, just there might be not so nice effects too.

ETA: "Indigestion, nausea, soft stools, or headache may occur. "
"Evening primrose oil has not been reported as having toxic or severe side effects.

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/...#ixzz0VtsWNd3T
"
http://vitamins.ultimatefatburner.co...mrose-oil.html
Quote:
Evening primrose oil is one of the most concentrated sources of gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid (of the omega 6 family) with anti-inflammatory properties. The body converts the GLA in evening primrose oil into prostaglandins, substances that function like hormones and help to regulate body processes. Cell membranes depend on GLA.

Evening primrose oil is used for a variety of conditions, including skin problems, premenstrual symptoms and inflammation. Many women that suffer from premenstrual syndrome have low levels of GLA, which is why evening primrose oil supplements may help to alleviate symptoms of the condition.

Evening primrose oil is often recommended to reduce breast tenderness and pain caused by fibrocystic breasts, and it can also help to ease menstrual cramps, endometriosis and mood swings related to the menstrual cycle. As an anti-inflammatory agent, evening primrose oil is also effective in treating flare-ups of irritable bowel syndrome, and studies show that it may be useful in treating rheumatoid arthritis pain as well.

The GLA in evening primrose oil may also help to prevent and even repair nerve damage caused by diabetes. At least one study has shown that symptoms like tingling, numbness and loss of sensation associated with diabetic neuropathy improved when patients took supplements of evening primrose oil. In addition, inflammation in kidneys, joints and skin associated with lupus may improve with the use of evening primrose oil.

Further, damage caused by inflammation in people multiple sclerosis, as well as other inflammatory processes may be reduced or prevented with evening primrose oil supplements. Evening primrose oil is also thought to be capable of encouraging transmission of nerve impulses, making it of possible use in treating memory problems associated with Alzheimer’s disease. It can also help compensate for deficiencies in GLA associated with aging.

One of the most proven benefits of evening primrose oil appears to be its ability to treat dry, scaly, or itchy skin conditions, such as rosacea, acne and atopic dermatitis. It appears that the prostaglandins produced by evening primrose oil contract blood vessels that become inflamed with these skin conditions. Evening primrose oil may also help prevent pores from becoming clogged, and it may reduce reliance on corticosteroids by patients with certain skin conditions as well.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/...mrose-oil.html
Quote:
Experts in pharmacology advise against using evening primrose oil with phenytoin (Dilantin) and other anticonvulsant medications, as the oil may lower the threshold for seizures . No other significant drug interactions have been reported.

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/...#ixzz0Vtsh8RX9

Last edited by metqa; 11-04-2009 at 06:17 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #703

Borage oil has some similar properties, and also says it could cause stomach upset but its unlikely.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just wanted to add.... I heard primrose can give some headaches

Metq-- Interesting on the on the reverse hot flash symptoms... hmmmmm

Last edited by kimlou; 11-04-2009 at 07:35 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
Just wanted to add.... I heard primrose can give some headaches

Metq-- Interesting on the on the reverse hot flash symptoms... hmmmmm
Yeah, I thought so. I haven't found any info about it myself. But I heard about headaches too and didn't want to chance it either.

I'm so excited about the liquid. i wonder what it will taste like. I didn't read the ingredient list very well. . .
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #706
Blabbermouth!!!

chic, loved all the pics on FB. you have a nice family

still waiting for any of my cla's to come in
Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #707
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Thank you Trisha!
When I was looking at your holiday pictures the other day, I was admiring the beautiful skies KY has. The color of the trees, the green grass and the sunset was just lovely. I would love to do more traveling in this country.

Kimlou....I still haven't gone to the salon yet! I seriously need to find a new spot being that my guy who cuts my hair raised his prices. Normally I would feel like I was cheating on him but he could have kept my original price. Does that sound *****y? Oh well, time for a change all around. I think I'm just gonna find someone with hair that I like and ask who she goes to.

Metqa....Hope things are going better for ya..
Old 11-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the reminder, I need to make a hair apt for Friday.

I couldn't handle it anymore, I missed my bangs and trimmed them lol. I feel more like me now. I could see too many wrinkles with no bangs. I guess they are like my security blanket

you feeling any better yet metqa? make that apt please. Hopefully you will be better before the apt, but in case it gets worse, you will have the apt made already. I am still waiting on my EMG results I had done on my wrist Friday. He said he would fax the results to my Dr. Monday, and still nothing grrrrrr

Last edited by kycowgirl; 11-04-2009 at 01:10 PM..
Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder, I need to make a hair apt for Friday.

I couldn't handle it anymore, I missed my bangs and trimmed them lol. I feel more like me now. I could see too many wrinkles with no bangs. I guess they are like my security blanket

you feeling any better yet metqa? make that apt please. Hopefully you will be better before the apt, but in case it gets worse, you will have the apt made already. I am still waiting on my EMG results I had done on my wrist Friday. He said he would fax the results to my Dr. Monday, and still nothing grrrrrr

I had a feeling you were about to break !!!!!!!!

I thought it looked good !!!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #710
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Isabellas
Stats: 265
WOE: cla
Start Date: oct 20 2009
so i went to the dr and its side effect from the CLA im taken and with the GLA primerose oil well its side effect also. i guess it will goaway in a few weeks i dont know but i find that the primerose oil make me HUNGRY like hell lol.

I found out today also that my little girl has H1N1 so Ill be very active for the next few days to desinfect everything in the house.
Isabellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #711

Ohh, Isabella! Take care of yourself and your DD, and don't get sick yourself!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trish...... Ups man ran yet ????? I got mine today. The bottle was oily....... Oh I am gaggin already just thinking about it ....... LOL

Going to start it this evening... I have been really good this week ( with the exception of the chips at Tumbleweed ) Going to take your advice and take it at night

Let us know when you start taking it

Isabellas.... Take care and hope you little one gets well real soon.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!

Isabella, try switching to the Borage oil for your GLA. The primrose did give some of us, including me, bad headaches. The borage oil has a higher GLA content, so you can take less caps too. Hope your little one feels better soon

Hi chic, metqa !!!

Kim, The UPS guy got here about 30 minutes ago. I took my first dose already lol. It's clear & oily, but really has no flavor. I stirred it in some milk and drank it. It wasn't bad at all. Not like the old cla. Kinda smells like the old stuff though. Still waiting on the Canada shipment. Treva is going to try it again too

Gotta get ready for work, seeya all tomorrow !!!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #714

OOHH, you both got yours already!

Hey Trisha, Remember some months back, when I tried to take the caps by cutting them open and taking the oil directly and how it made my throat really really raw and sore?

I guess it's foolish to ask, but I suppose the liquid formula doesn't do that? (otherwise who would take it.)

Maybe today or tomorrow, I'll get mine. . .
Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #715
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkimouse
Stats: 247/148/150 ~6'0~
WOE: ~ Low Carb ~
Start Date: August 26, 2007
TGIF!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick drop in.... I wanted to say Hello to you all and I will check back later today when i have more time.
mikkimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
WOO HOO! I's on vay-kay-shun!!!! gonna go wack me sum deers.

Sunny, windy and 70 degrees here today. Life is good!
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #717
Blabbermouth!!!

mikki , good to see you . give us an update what you have been up to

metqa, the liquid cla does not bother my throat. I took it before I went to work, and this new one doesnt even give me the burps lol. I am going to do it like it says. 1/2 tsp 3 times a day. I got my Canada order in today, so it was just over a week for that one. we are good for about 2 months now . I forgot to order the borage oil, so hopefully it will get here before we run out of what we have here now. down to our last 1/2 bottle
Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey the new free t-shirt from netrition for orders over $75 is really awesome !!!! I like the new design
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabowhunter View Post
WOO HOO! I's on vay-kay-shun!!!! gonna go wack me sum deers.

Sunny, windy and 70 degrees here today. Life is good!
Make sure you post pics of all the deer you get
Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #720

I hope I get a T-shirt!

That sounds great Trisha, [no burp, no burn] and Wow, you got your canada order as well.
You'll still be taking the borage oil as caps?

No UPS for me today. Bother!