Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
GLA...Borage Oil caps. They work with the CLA. Theres more info on the first post

For the cla you need 3400mg a day, the borage oil 500-1000mg

Last edited by kycowgirl; 10-25-2009 at 11:43 AM..
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Welcome Isabellas,

Hey Trish thanks for the info. It's good to keep reminding why something is good (or bad) I forget sometimes. I have to write myself notes!

Thanks Chic, I was beginning to worry as I still had a headache yesterday,but I think my thick head is gonna be okay. Gosh, I need to get back into really low carb. I've been so off kilter, and just eating anything. Even if I just go back to maintenance I'm sure I'd be much better off. I DID set my rebounder back up, so I can just flip it down and bounce.

My new kitty is not a walker, so I won't have a walking buddy for several months if at all. Having a Buddy, even if it is a cat, is so much motivation to get out of the house.

Hey everyone, my newest botanical experiment: I'm growing a pineapple top! I've got about 5 Avocados happily growing, so I know I can do that, My oldest plant is so big I had to wire it to keep the limbs up till the new bark hardens. So, Now I've got a spiky pineapple top, with tiny water tendril roots finally. It should make an interesting and beautiful houseplant! ( if the cat doesn't keep knocking it over! )

ETA: I just reread the CLA info, and a full dose is ONLY a 1 teaspoon !?! Wow! That's great!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 10-25-2009 at 11:55 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #633
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Isabellas
Stats: 265
WOE: cla
Start Date: oct 20 2009
wow so that means fo gelcap a day ill start doing that tomrow with the gla and see
Isabellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #634
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
so iys not just me after i go to the gym want bread really bad. even if i do eat after i still am hungery for longer than on day that i don't exercize
No it's not just you. This morning I woke up craving Krispy Kremes! I was like WTH??? Today I seem to be a lot better on the cravings. Eventually they should totally go away and I'll have to remind myself to eat. That's as long as i stay faithful.

I haven't listed my diet in a long time but this is what I ate today so far.

Breakfast: 1 egg white and steamed veggies
Lunch: A big spinach salad with tomatoes, onion, avocado, blue cheese and walnuts. Vinegarette dressing.
Dinner: Will be lean grilled steak with green beans sauted in bacon.
Supps: Multi vit, Combo, L-carnatine, and green tea. (Need to buy more CO. Ran out long ago)
Old 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellas View Post
wow so that means fo gelcap a day ill start doing that tomrow with the gla and see
Most of the cla capsules are 5 a day, considering the fillers. Thats why I love the liquid cla. easier to take
Old 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
No it's not just you. This morning I woke up craving Krispy Kremes! I was like WTH??? Today I seem to be a lot better on the cravings. Eventually they should totally go away and I'll have to remind myself to eat. That's as long as i stay faithful.

I haven't listed my diet in a long time but this is what I ate today so far.

Breakfast: 1 egg white and steamed veggies
Lunch: A big spinach salad with tomatoes, onion, avocado, blue cheese and walnuts. Vinegarette dressing.
Dinner: Will be lean grilled steak with green beans sauted in bacon.
Supps: Multi vit, Combo, L-carnatine, and green tea. (Need to buy more CO. Ran out long ago)

Hi chic
Old 10-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #637
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Isabellas
Stats: 265
WOE: cla
Start Date: oct 20 2009
aww ok ause mine its sais 3 per day take on just before meal i take this CLA95 - What is CLA? Conjugated Linoleic Acid i took 4 today and WOW I was hot like hell lol and feeling izzy kind of for about 10 minutes then it go away haha!!! So i dont know ill try with the oil tomorow and see. I just hope I can have great result like you guys did.

and JUSTACHIC green beans sauted in bacon yummmmm it sounds so good. Ill have to try that
Isabellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #638
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi Trisha! Hope you and Tom had a great time on your Anniv.

Isabellas....Try adding some seasoned salt and fresh lemon to it as its cooking. Oh and make half of the bacon first to use it to crumble on top when serving.

Feeling slimmer today. LC eating is the best!

Have a great day everyone.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Trish and Tom... do anything special on your anniversary ??

Hey... Chic.... glad you are feeling the difference. Me too after I dropped those low fat diet pounds I had gained.

Trish and I are going to Tumbleweed next Monday....grilled Tialpia and veggies for me !!!

Then next weekend dh and I are going to Cheddars (bday).. yum.

This weekend T-giving at my sisters, b-day dinner for dad,me and t-giving all in one. I have my lc recipes out and ready.....

Hi, everyone !!!!!!
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkimouse
Stats: 247/148/150 ~6'0~
WOE: ~ Low Carb ~
Start Date: August 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabowhunter View Post
ummmm.....got my flu shot on Monday. I'd better make this weekends hunt count. It would be a B1TCH climbing a tree backwords.

mikkimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Hey All,

I totally agree with Chic, when i was on the diet i kept my carbs below 10 a day, I didnt exercise ( I still drank beer ) and i felt like a million bucks!!! Now that i have carb' d up a bit i kinda feel a bit crappy. So i did step back on the CLA/GLA combo, especially cuz the holidays r coming.

B-fast- scrambled egg = .6 carbs

snack- shrimp deviled egg = .6 carbs

Lunch= fried taplipa, and 1/8 c of edemomie (sp) .8

Snack= small pkg of lunchmeat = 1 gram of carbs

total for the day = 3 grams..... oh yeah about 1 1/2 gal of water.

ya'all member that i dont eat dinner, if im hungry after work ill have a small snack before 6 pm. That is the cut off time for me not to eat!

Have a great day!

Start date of CLA/GLA.....08-26-2007
Goal Met 10-25-08

Mikki
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkimouse View Post
Hey All,

I totally agree with Chic, when i was on the diet i kept my carbs below 10 a day, I didnt exercise ( I still drank beer ) and i felt like a million bucks!!! Now that i have carb' d up a bit i kinda feel a bit crappy. So i did step back on the CLA/GLA combo, especially cuz the holidays r coming.

B-fast- scrambled egg = .6 carbs

snack- shrimp deviled egg = .6 carbs

Lunch= fried taplipa, and 1/8 c of edemomie (sp) .8

Snack= small pkg of lunchmeat = 1 gram of carbs

total for the day = 3 grams..... oh yeah about 1 1/2 gal of water.

ya'all member that i dont eat dinner, if im hungry after work ill have a small snack before 6 pm. That is the cut off time for me not to eat!

Have a great day!

I know what you mean.......... I feel so much better these past few days.

KUTGW, ladies (and gentleman )
Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #643

this may be a stupid question, but if I were thinking straight, I'm sure I could figure it out myself, so . .

any doctors, psuedodocs, nurses, nurse wannabes, or just concerned know it alls out there

This past friday I got bowled over with a stuffed boulder, and I'm sure I'm recovering from a mild concussion!

So, the recommendations is to avoid contact sports (duh) and rest. My neck is still stiff on the side where it smacked my head, and I'm still existing in a slight dimensional shift, but I can function.

Here's the stupid question: Do you think light rebounding (mini trampoline) would be a bad thing to do. since it bounces your whole body ( and brain)?

This morning I woke up so stiff , that I did some stretching and got on the rebounder for 15 minutes. It felt good to move, but halfway through, i realized I was tensing up my shoulders and when I relaxed them the stiff neck pain came back on the side I was hit, and I felt it with each bounce. That got me thinking, "might this be bad for my head as well?"

I wonder, if I just didn't addle my brain again just from light bouncing.

Last edited by metqa; 10-27-2009 at 09:33 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #644
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fire27503
Stats: 157/136/125
Start Date: Restart date: Feb. 25, 2013
What's the reason for taking coconut oil?
fire27503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #645
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pristine76
I found TPX Thinfat at Lucky Vitamins.com for about $17. I am still waiting for Netrition to make availabel the PVL Cla 3. It sounds like the thing to use. I wish I knew how to order from Canada.

Nelia
pristine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire27503 View Post
What's the reason for taking coconut oil?
Coconut oil is medium chain tryglyceride which means it burns faster than regular fat. It make you feel full, it makes some people feel warmer. It is high in lauric acid and other fatty acids that are essential to a healthy immune system.

Because of this many people supplement their diet in order to optimize health and slow gain, or promote loss.

There are so many threads with specific details and data about coconut oil. check out a few and read up!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...oil-thing.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...conut-oil.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...-oil-news.html
Coconut oil as a lotion and Soap
coconut oil thread
Old 10-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #647
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristine76 View Post
I found TPX Thinfat at Lucky Vitamins.com for about $17. I am still waiting for Netrition to make availabel the PVL Cla 3. It sounds like the thing to use. I wish I knew how to order from Canada.

Nelia
I just e-mailed Sandy again and asked when it will be available for purchase. I'll let you know what I find out. I checked the Canadian site and for 2 bottles is will cost $72.33 !! I think I'll wait for Netrition
Old 10-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

metqa, I want to thank you so much for always posting such helpful information. We can always count on you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Coconut oil is medium chain tryglyceride which means it burns faster than regular fat. It make you feel full, it makes some people feel warmer. It is high in lauric acid and other fatty acids that are essential to a healthy immune system.

Because of this many people supplement their diet in order to optimize health and slow gain, or promote loss.

There are so many threads with specific details and data about coconut oil. check out a few and read up!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...oil-thing.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...conut-oil.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...-oil-news.html
Coconut oil as a lotion and Soap
coconut oil thread
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

I sure hope you feel better soon. I thought you were talking about a computer game, not real life !! That had to hurt !! You better skip the tramp and take it easy like the Dr. said for a few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
this may be a stupid question, but if I were thinking straight, I'm sure I could figure it out myself, so . .

any doctors, psuedodocs, nurses, nurse wannabes, or just concerned know it alls out there

This past friday I got bowled over with a stuffed boulder, and I'm sure I'm recovering from a mild concussion!

So, the recommendations is to avoid contact sports (duh) and rest. My neck is still stiff on the side where it smacked my head, and I'm still existing in a slight dimensional shift, but I can function.

Here's the stupid question: Do you think light rebounding (mini trampoline) would be a bad thing to do. since it bounces your whole body ( and brain)?

This morning I woke up so stiff , that I did some stretching and got on the rebounder for 15 minutes. It felt good to move, but halfway through, i realized I was tensing up my shoulders and when I relaxed them the stiff neck pain came back on the side I was hit, and I felt it with each bounce. That got me thinking, "might this be bad for my head as well?"

I wonder, if I just didn't addle my brain again just from light bouncing.

Last edited by kycowgirl; 10-27-2009 at 02:17 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

wow, that was a quick reply back. The people at Netrition are on the ball !!

Subject: Re: (#39752) Netrition.com Support - Feedback

Hello again,

I am sorry to tell you that PVL ran into yet another delay with getting the shipment into the US. We are waiting to hear from them as to when this might be resolved. I apologize for the back and forth information; however, I've been providing you with the most updated information we have. Unfortunately, PVL has run into a few more issues than they anticipated shipping this product from Canada to the US.

Best Regards,
--
Sandra Roddy
Operations Manager
Netrition - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

Hmmmm I have a friend in Canada. Maybe I can call and talk her into buying some for me and mailing it to me lol

Last edited by kycowgirl; 10-27-2009 at 02:16 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
Trish and Tom... do anything special on your anniversary ??

Hey... Chic.... glad you are feeling the difference. Me too after I dropped those low fat diet pounds I had gained.

Trish and I are going to Tumbleweed next Monday....grilled Tialpia and veggies for me !!!

Then next weekend dh and I are going to Cheddars (bday).. yum.

This weekend T-giving at my sisters, b-day dinner for dad,me and t-giving all in one. I have my lc recipes out and ready.....

Hi, everyone !!!!!!
I am soooo looking forward to the weed monday . grilled Tilapia sounds wonderful !!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #652
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hey Mikki and Kimlou.....Do you ever feel lethargic doing LCs? I'm kind of going thru that stage where I am feeling a bit zombie like. I know this is supposed to subside at some point and then I'm supposed to feel really great but feeling this way reminds me of why I started taking those supps that kept me up at night! I'm still staying on track tho. The stick was dark purple today.

Last edited by Justachic; 10-27-2009 at 04:03 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
Well.....it's been 10 days since my flu shot. Looks like everything is going to be fine and I won't have to climb into my treestand backwards.
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #654
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Phil....U r definatley nutty! Could that girl be faking it to get recognition? Pretty pro cheerleader....hmmm. Not far fetched.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
Quote:
Phil....U r definatley nutty! Could that girl be faking it to get recognition? Pretty pro cheerleader....hmmm. Not far fetched.
Pretty sad if she did fake it.

I have 8 working days untill I'm on vacation. If it doesn't get here quick I'm going to be all nutty!
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Mikki and Kimlou.....Do you ever feel lethargic doing LCs? I'm kind of going thru that stage where I am feeling a bit zombie like. I know this is supposed to subside at some point and then I'm supposed to feel really great but feeling this way reminds me of why I started taking those supps that kept me up at night! I'm still staying on track tho. The stick was dark purple today.

Hey Chic, I feel great when i do LC, not dizzy, light headed or anything, Its when i carb up, thats when i feel like crap! Blood sugar flips out, i get shaky, uggg its a nasty feeling. Hope you start feeling better! Hang in there. I am back to doing VLC, keepin my carbs under 10 a day, I gained back 7 lbs. and OMG are they ever stubborn lil fat LBS..... they dont wanna go away.
ot oh... i almost forgot ** WHISTLE** whoosh fairy! **WHISTLE***

ok i hope that will do! LOL well you all have a great day today, Its snowin here so... bbbrrrrrrr......

Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #657

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
I sure hope you feel better soon. I thought you were talking about a computer game, not real life !! That had to hurt !! You better skip the tramp and take it easy like the Dr. said for a few days
Hahaha, that's funny. It does sound too ridiculous to be real, but it was so fun until the last whack! I'm just gonna walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Hmmmm I have a friend in Canada. Maybe I can call and talk her into buying some for me and mailing it to me lol
I want some, you'll be out new supplier!

I hope it comes soon. Wonder what the problem is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabowhunter View Post
Well.....it's been 10 days since my flu shot. Looks like everything is going to be fine and I won't have to climb into my treestand backwards.
I dunno Phil, it might be good exercise, work those less used muscles, improve your balance, increase your changes if a badger attacks and you have to climb up backwards while fending it off with a stick. . .
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

Phil, Happy Hunting

chic, I never could get those sticks to turn purple

mikki, keep that snow there please. Its bad enough here with all the rain !!

metqa, I think I'm gonna go ahead and put in an order from Canada. Hopefully it will come without problems. I really want to get started on it and the new one looks so promising. I'll let you know when I order it and how long it takes to get here

Last edited by kycowgirl; 10-28-2009 at 08:45 AM..
Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I did for the first 2 days, I think part of it was me knowing I had gained 5 lbs. They were stubborn ones too.

Hooefully, it goes away soon.

I could never get the sticks to turn dark purple either. Just a deep lavender.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

mine never got off the tan color