Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Sickitin, try a refined coconut oil, it is tastefree. CO is medium chain triglyceride, so it digest faster than long chain fats and is used for fuel sooner. also it is high in lauric acid which is used by the body to build immune defense. It's thought that up to 3T of coconut oil is used by the body not for fuel but converted into defense components, and additional coconut oil is used as quickly as carbs and so have an advantage over other fats as far as fuel burning.

is it good for fat loss? Well, everyone is different, but it's food for health in general. Replace your unhealthy inflammation causing cooking oils with it and you've got an advantage right there!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Trish !!!!!

I really hate to put this story on your B-day Thread (sorry in advance)

This was one of my hair clients, She and her children. When I lived in Monrgomery county I was 2 miles from her house.
Se was an only child, being as I only have 1 bio child, I can relate to her parents. ( I did her mothers hair also.)
She was 7 months preganant
Just bummin me out today !!!!!!!!

Pregnant Woman, Two Men Dead In Montgomery Co. Shooting - LEX18 - Lexington, KY - News, Weather, Sports -
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Awwwwwww Kim, I am so sorry . Stories like this are bad enough but so much worse when you know the people involved . Prayers for her kids and family

Thank you all for the wishes !!!
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbF69
Stats: 220/128/120
WOE: Low glycemic/low carb +fasted/HIIT cardio/weights
Start Date: 1/19/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbarlow View Post
LowcarbF69 - You look amazing You have done awesone! Keep up the good work How long has it taken you and what was your approximate starting weight.

I started eating low carb 1/19/09, began working out about a month later; I started CLA/GLA at the end of April, and added the coconut oil 5/30/09. And my starting weight--it was 220. Thank you so much for the compliments!!!!!!!!
LowCarbF69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbF69
Stats: 220/128/120
WOE: Low glycemic/low carb +fasted/HIIT cardio/weights
Start Date: 1/19/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenejoy View Post
lowcarbf69::::

have you been taking the coconut oil the whole time with the combo? How much do you take a day?

No, I added the coconut oil 5/30/09--and I take 3-4 tablespoons a day. I was taking the capsules at first until the unbelievably brilliant people on this board posted the fabulous advice to take the liquid version

Last edited by LowCarbF69; 06-30-2009 at 05:13 PM..
LowCarbF69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iabowhunter
Stats: 346/342/240
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-30-03
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!!!!!!!!!!

Not much going on around here. Smoked another pork roast last Saturday. This time with a home made meat rub made of brown sugar and black pepper and some other spices. This was the best one yet.

I lead such a dull boring life!
iabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #37

My BF was making fun of the Fact that one of the store brands around here is called "BEST YET". He seemed to thing it was funny. Kinda like the cat food that said
"New
Good Taste"

Last edited by metqa; 06-30-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Old 07-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bsbarlow
Stats: 230/222/138
WOE: LC
Start Date: 6/5/09
I Love my combo!!!!

I told you guys that Sunday my sister asked me what I was doing and I didn't really want to tell her because she is very skeptical and opinionated Well, this morning she asked me again, all geared up to give me a lecture I told her that I was LCing and plan to eat this way for life. I told her that I was supplementing and being who she is she gave a word of caution that since I have started I need to continue or the weight will come back and then proceeded to tell me how great I am doing and how in the last month she can not believe the changes she has seen in my body and says that although others may not say anything they can see it too because it is very noticable. She kept talking about it not being safe to lose weight so quickly, but when I told her that I had not really lost much weight and was losing at a steady pace of about 2 lbs per week she couldn't believe it.

It's a new season, it's a new day, fresh anointing, flowing my way....

238/234/231/230/227/225/223/222/219...goal 138
5 hours of Callanetics
bsbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

It amazes me how this combo reduces inches without much scale loss too . It definately re-defines your body
Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aunt Sheshie
WOE: CLA/GLA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
It amazes me how this combo reduces inches without much scale loss too . It definately re-defines your body
I agree totally, Trisha... at first I was noticing my double chin & jowls going away... now it's my back fat that's disappearing... I just wish it'd work a little faster on my tummy...

I started Induction today!!!.. I'm a total carb addict, so it's gonna be tough for a few days... I've done it before, though, so I have lots of confidence I can this time... I also re-started coconut oil a couple of days ago... 2 Tbsp. per day for now...

to all...
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunsolaris
I have one question I will be starting HCG Homeopathich (drops) next week and wondering can I can stay keep on the Combo? is anyone here is doing Combo+HCG Together...

Thanks
sunsolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsolaris View Post
I have one question I will be starting HCG Homeopathich (drops) next week and wondering can I can stay keep on the Combo? is anyone here is doing Combo+HCG Together...

Thanks
No, the GLA and CLA are oils. You are not supposed to have oil on HCG.

And besides some people found that they didn't lose as well in pounds when taking the combo. It seems to help more with body shape than losing weight, or at least that's what I remember from months and months back someone posted. When I was trying to lose weight I stopped the combo, just to be safe. I guess you could try if you want but I don't think you are supposed to.

Last edited by metqa; 07-01-2009 at 01:08 PM..
Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for clarification.....
Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Thanks

Good luck on the hHCG drops. Are you taking the Detox or the Weight Loss ones?

I see your question was answered.

This is a good thread to follow

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...ly-thread.html
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #45

No problem, Sunsolaris. Hey you started the Combo recently haven't you? I remember you asking what kind of plan to follow.

Is this your very first time on the combo? Did you see any difference at all. First time is supposed to be the charm, y'know?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

I have tried combo along with the Low Carb diet last year and at that time I see huge changes in my body shape but this time I am not on the low carb and been on the combo for over 3 weeks but so far no results. I have tried low carb twice but can't keep up with it so now I am trying HCG lets see how it goes..I am using the Homeopathic version of HCG drops.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have tried combo along with the Low Carb diet last year and at that time I see huge changes in my body shape but this time I am not on the low carb and been on the combo for over 3 weeks but so far no results. I have tried low carb twice but can't keep up with it so now I am trying HCG lets see how it goes..I am using the Homeopathic version of HCG drops.

Thanks
There are A LOT of people that see results along with LCing, unfortunately I was NOT one of them. I tried twice and nothing.
They say it can take awhile to see results. I tried for 2 months and saw none. The only decrease I saw was in my bank account
Trish has goood results on it. If you decide to stick with the combo maybe someone will pipe in and give you some pointers...
I think I would get the oils out of my system before I tried the hHcg (just my opinion)
Old 07-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Aunt Sheshie, I was blown away by how fast my back fat went away the first time and how much I got re-shaped just in 3 months. It's a shame it doesnt work as well after you stop and restart later. Thats why its important to keep taking it the first time while its working. It still works if you restart, just not as quickly. I started adding the coconut oil to my coffee again too.

Sunsolaris, I'm with you there. I have such a hard time staying LC after a few weeks. I need to find something I can stick with. I can't help you with the hHcg, I don't even know what that is

I got a Wii EA Sports Active today and did the first of the 30 day workouts. I was sweating when I finished but it was alot of fun !! Our other daughter Chrissy (14) did one of the workouts too. We had alot of fun doing it together
Old 07-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suckitin
Hello kycowgirl! I want to go on a 3 day water fast, but I am still planning to take the combo, I was just thinking whether it would be less efficient and maybe my body won't absorb the oils since i'm not taking it with any food? I would appreciate your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Sickitin, try a refined coconut oil, it is tastefree. CO is medium chain triglyceride, so it digest faster than long chain fats and is used for fuel sooner. also it is high in lauric acid which is used by the body to build immune defense. It's thought that up to 3T of coconut oil is used by the body not for fuel but converted into defense components, and additional coconut oil is used as quickly as carbs and so have an advantage over other fats as far as fuel burning.

is it good for fat loss? Well, everyone is different, but it's food for health in general. Replace your unhealthy inflammation causing cooking oils with it and you've got an advantage right there!
Thank you!
suckitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckitin View Post
Hello kycowgirl! I want to go on a 3 day water fast, but I am still planning to take the combo, I was just thinking whether it would be less efficient and maybe my body won't absorb the oils since i'm not taking it with any food? I would appreciate your feedback!

Thank you!

Love you user name
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckitin View Post
Thank you!
I,m afraid I can't help you there but maybe someone else can . I like food too much to ever try a fast :blush:. I don't really know alot about anything except this combo works for me if I do it right

I'm with Kim, I love your name
Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where is everyone ?????

It has been so quiet here lately.

Happy 4th everyone !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, it's been pretty quiet lately .

chic, where are you?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #54

Boom! Crackle crackle, sizzle, fizzz

Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy 4th everyone !!! Looks like ours is going to get rained out
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greenejoy
Stats: 150
WOE: carb cycling
Start Date: Sept 08
water diet

suckitin:

I take my combo on an empty stomach every morning... i dont eat till about 2 hours after I take it. It is just my schedule. I think it will work fine.
greenejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

How was everyones weekend?

Had my MRI done today, now have to go to my rehab dr on the 14th to see if there is anymore damage
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bsbarlow
Stats: 230/222/138
WOE: LC
Start Date: 6/5/09
Question

What brand of liquid CLA are you all taking? It is time for me to reorder and the Clarinol CLA is discontinued.
bsbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

OMGosh !! I just went to re-order and saw that !! Not sure which one I will try now. research says the Tonalin brand is best so I'll go from there. I may go back to the Natrol CLA. You need 5 of these capsules a day if you try it

I was reading about Super CLA Blend 1000 mg w Guarana & Sesame Lignans too, and may try that

Last edited by kycowgirl; 07-07-2009 at 09:57 AM..
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #60
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Happy Belated Birthday Trisha!!! Like your new avi.

I'm just getting back from a BIG family reunion in Arizona. I got a week pass to the Gold's Gym there so I was able to stay true to my exercise routine- only when it came to my diet.....YIKES! Mom's home cookin, you just can't say NO!

I have a lot to put away, so I'll check in with ya'll soon.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote