Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Aww, Trish, you put the widdle kitty kat in your Avi!! How many of them are there, anyway?
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GennieF
Stats: restarting the restart
WOE: Atkins variation
Start Date: restarting yet again
HAHA Trisha, I've thought of straight jackets for the kids...perhaps I should do that instead of the padded suit for me? Oh well...I don't mind too much, my legs look pretty bad though, guess I'm sporting the black/blue look this fall. And thanks for the comment on my pic, I should update it with one of our other dogs. GSD are great
GennieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #453

I'm sorry but I had to tell you, It's so funny to me I'm giggling.

GennieF When I look at your Name and see the beautiful dog in your avi, I automatically think . . GennieFur!!!

okay maybe that wasn't funny, but I'm cracking up. what a handsome animal you've got.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
metqa, its hard to count. I think around 7 adults, and 2 litters of new kittens, 3 each.
@GennieFur, that was cute

Gennie, I just noticed a big ol bruise on my calf today lol you are not alone in the black & blue dept

Here is a pic of my beloved buddy "Zip". The neighbors pitt bull came in our yard and tore into him. He died 3 days later after 2 surgeries. I miss him
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me & Zip.... R.I.P..jpg (18.2 KB, 5 views)
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's cute, I'm not that hairy though lol...and thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Trisha, he was beautiful That is terrible what happened to him, I have heard in some places that a dog can be put to sleep for that. I don't believe that should happen, but the owners should take responsibility for their dogs and not let them go off the property in the first place. I also have a big, fat bruise on my right calf as well, it's UGLY but at least I'm losing weight lol
Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Mines on my left calf, so together we make a pair of them
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

I have officially reached the state of critical boredom !! I just went and cleaned out the freezer and I am still trying to think of something to do lol. Already got the yard mowed today. Hmmmm the storage containers need sorted. Its so hard to find a lid that fits, and when I open the cabinet, they all fall out . Good thing its a lower cabinet
Old 09-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #459

Oh, Trish I'm sorry about Zip! You look so good together in your photo!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #460
Blabbermouth!!!

he was a sweety and very smart. In a way I'd like to have another dog, but we decided we werent going to get any more pets. Too hard trying to find someone to take care of them when you go on vacation. No one can replace Zip anyway

<----need that for my av for awhile

Last edited by kycowgirl; 09-09-2009 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
I have officially reached the state of critical boredom !! I just went and cleaned out the freezer and I am still trying to think of something to do lol. Already got the yard mowed today. Hmmmm the storage containers need sorted. Its so hard to find a lid that fits, and when I open the cabinet, they all fall out . Good thing its a lower cabinet
I know what you mean.

Went to Lex. today. Dr. released me

Mowed this afternoon, was thundering and lightening all around me but it did not rain.

But I am just BORED !!!!
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #462
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
Trisha....Craps is a lot of fun and u can make your playing $ last a LONG time. You should definately try it sometime!

Metqa....That's a perfect example of the laws of attraction or like attracts like. You started off crummy but focused on the good things, which inturn brought about other good things. I like that a lot.

Been a good week so far and this heat wave has been waning. I enjoy warm weather from time to time but I love cooler weather!
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #463
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
metqa, its hard to count. I think around 7 adults, and 2 litters of new kittens, 3 each.
@GennieFur, that was cute

Gennie, I just noticed a big ol bruise on my calf today lol you are not alone in the black & blue dept

Here is a pic of my beloved buddy "Zip". The neighbors pitt bull came in our yard and tore into him. He died 3 days later after 2 surgeries. I miss him
I feel for ya! My neighbor's dog just growled at me and my boys today as we were walking by their home. I may have to start considering some defense mechs.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #464

Spiked Collars?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #465
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

For my boys? GREAT IDEA!

Metqa....I was thinking...if more people used the power of their minds to concentrait on the good things together, more good things would happen in this world. I'm such a believer in that! One emotion I'd like to get rid of completely is envy/jealousy.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #466

What a great Philosophy to have Chic! I envy you!

Oops!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #467
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

As you have demonstrated....humor would remain indefinetely!
And there would be no such thing as cellulite.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
And there would be no such thing as cellulite.
If it weren't for cellulite.....I would disappear

I totally agree, jealousy is a totally wasted emotion !!!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #469
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: luckiangel
Stats: 316/293/150
WOE: Atkins/Lower Carb
Start Date: 2003-ongoing
Quote:
Lucki....YES you DO need to check in more often woman! How are things going for you and the family?
sorry i've been gone so long......been dealing with alot. lots of health issues that hit all at once and my youngest joining the Navy...our oldest son going off to college...it's been a stressful year. i'll do my best to check in. how's everyone else?????
luckiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I feel for ya! My neighbor's dog just growled at me and my boys today as we were walking by their home. I may have to start considering some defense mechs.
Your neighbors just let their dog run loose? WOW, I never understood that myself. We live in the country and still have a 6 foot fence and, up until lightning fried it, also those underground fencing as well.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning all !!!!

Busy day....

Going to take MIL to the Dr. in Morehead. She called wanted to know if we were eating out. I told her it was up to her. Yep...... she wants to eat !

Of all places Ponderosa (). When she said steak house I thought Reno's . Oh, it is going to be a long trip.

Appt is 1:45 (want to be there 15 mins early )
Asked what time we were going to leave... I said 12 noon. her response..... Oh, we won't have time to eat . Lady... takes 30 mins to get there
That is 1 hour to eat (I am sure she will eat the buffet, always does).

Can't wait for this to be over.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #472

Poor Kim! I'll come and eat steak in your place, I'm free all day . . .
Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #473

Chic, it just keeps getting better. . .

Well, I'm low on hours at work as well as being on break from my other job.
This morning, I decided to get back on track with my WOE. I'm feeling really good about it. I wrote out my thoughts rather than just try to remember them. And realized how easy my WOE was, but I kept forgetting. So i made motivational slips: "I like good tasting meals that are quick and simple", "I like hamburgers, the bun is not the best part of a Big Buford", etc

So I was checking my weight chart, and the phone rang . . .( I had applied for food stamps through a new online application I found, I figured I'd apply and see if I qualify, I probably won't but it won't hurt, it's just a half an hour. Oh and it might be a month before they respond so, meh. . .)
It was a case manager from DFACS calling to do the interview, OVER THE PHONE! I only applied three days ago! He asked me questions and said that all I had to do was send in the proof of ID and other details and he would approve me for food stamps. I can't believe it. He said the same thing, that my most recent paychecks seem to indicate a trend toward lower income so that qualified me, in part, for temporary assistance! Wow!

In addition, my little monster tore open the bag of cat food I had put on a high shelf. I didn't feed him dry cause he choked on it before. Well, he seems to be able to eat it, and considering that he's gained weight really fast and seems healthy, I think I'm gonna move him down from 100% raw to half raw half kibble. It's helpful because I already have the kibble. I got it for almost free with a coupon from the pet food company and kept it for stray cats I might find. It's a really good brand I like so I don't feel bad letting him have it. To boot, he seems happy eating the recommended amount, so I don't have to let him free feed and get fat! I can supplement with the eggs, chicken, liver and beef I had been feeding him exclusively to make sure he gets enough quality protein, and that reduces my food bill a bit, cause Kittens eat like 2-3 times as much as an adult cat! That's a lot of stew beef! Plus he like yogurt so I can give him the more runny part of the yogurt while I eat the more strained parts, Nothing is wasted!

Yay!!

Sorry for the jack, but hey, I gotta tell someone! I've been smiling all morning!
To bring it back to topic, I'm gonna start taking my CLA combo again, now that I've got a eating plan back in place. I'll be combining Intermittent Fasting with VLC, but not really VLC just low carb but I'll still let myself use my bake mixes, and Dreamfields occasionally, but it won't be like maintenance level. My goal is to move down 3lbs, or more, by Oct 1.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 09-10-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Lucki, I'm so sorry your having a rough time right now. it always helped me to come here and visit my online buddies. They always cheered me up even when they didn't know I was down. Maybe we can help cheer you up too? I hope the health issues aren't too serious, and we're here if you want to talk about it

Gennie, we live out in the country too, and we always kept our dog at home. The neighbors with the pitt bulls kept them on a chain, and would turn them loose to run every day. They killed 2 other dogs in the neighborhood besides my Zippy. Cops said it was countys problem, and the dog catcher wouldnt touch it (think he wa scared of them), so we just had to deal with it. I told the guy that owned the dogs, my granddaughter plays in the yard, and if I ever saw his dogs here again, I would shoot them !!! One of them was standing in my driveway snarling at me one day when I went out to get in my truck !!!

Kim, I hope you survive your day

metqa, sounds like you have a good plan going. Your furball sure is eating good !!

Howdy chic, and everyone else

I have been up since 5am. Took my buddy to get his other hand operated on this morning. I am sooo tired, I am going to take a nap. Seeya all later
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #475

Hey Lucki, Sorry I must have missed your Post. Wow, your boys are away from home? Take some time to take care of yourself. I hope you dont' succumb to the new flu going around!
Apparently Georgia is a hotbed for it

Be well!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK-------- I am back, wasn't bad.

I had Grilled Monterey Chicken,( the sauce was wonderful, even put it on the side instead of smothering my chik with it) side salad and since I LC , the waitress told me to get what I wanted from the buffet. She also asked before bringing me one of those huge rolls ( she got an extra tip for that).

Yes, I wanted a piece of choc cake or cheesecake... but, I didn't

Trish- Will be having my other hand done after the holidays, going to have all the test done and ready in Dec. w/surgery being in Jan.
Enjoy your trip !!!!

Metq.......are you still doing the other WOE? I wanted the combo to work for me as good as it did Trish, but it didn't. I think now that all the Dr. stuff is behind me , for awhile, I will give it another try. Just need to get the CLA, still have the other.
Good for you on the motivational.

There was a lady in the waiting room, she loved my hair, she loved my smile, my eyes, and my flip flops (yep, the pink ones Trish). She was sweet, she just needed someone to talk with. She lived by herself so I guess she was a bit lonely.

Back to the subject...

So lets hear what everyone else is taking now that Clarinol has been disct.

Metq---- all the stray cats go to Trishs'
Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlou View Post
OK-------- I am back, wasn't bad.

I had Grilled Monterey Chicken,( the sauce was wonderful, even put it on the side instead of smothering my chik with it) side salad and since I LC , the waitress told me to get what I wanted from the buffet. She also asked before bringing me one of those huge rolls ( she got an extra tip for that).

Yes, I wanted a piece of choc cake or cheesecake... but, I didn't

Trish- Will be having my other hand done after the holidays, going to have all the test done and ready in Dec. w/surgery being in Jan.
Enjoy your trip !!!!

Metq.......are you still doing the other WOE? I wanted the combo to work for me as good as it did Trish, but it didn't. I think now that all the Dr. stuff is behind me , for awhile, I will give it another try. Just need to get the CLA, still have the other.
Good for you on the motivational.

There was a lady in the waiting room, she loved my hair, she loved my smile, my eyes, and my flip flops (yep, the pink ones Trish). She was sweet, she just needed someone to talk with. She lived by herself so I guess she was a bit lonely.

Back to the subject...

So lets hear what everyone else is taking now that Clarinol has been disct.

Metq---- all the stray cats go to Trishs'
Y'know, I dont' know if the combo every really worked for me, I guess I' have blind faith that if I were to stick with it long enough I'd see results, but something always seems to get in the way. . . like me forgetting to take it!

I hadn't been following any WOE since the rash and mold incident. I've only recently gotten my appetite back where food did n't make me feel ill. So . . .
I'm thinking I'll try to get my weight back to the lower weight I had this summer , through traditional low carb, and then in the winter, finish the plan I started back in February.

It's nice when a stranger is nice to you , isn't it? I'll bet you made her day.

Is Trish gonna become a Crazy Cat Lady, If she goes crazy from all the cats coming round?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

Kim, glad your day turned out ok. The nurse where I took gary today loved my fliup flops too lol. She said that was "My" color hehe

metqa, I think I am already there

Rumor at work is, they have 5 kilns going now and they are eating up the stockpile of stone like snow on a hot summer day lol, and they need 10k ton of rock run a day, so I may be called back soon. My luck I will be called back before I get my vacation in , and wont be able to go
Old 09-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #479

I hope they call you back after your vacation!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

I wouldnt even care to be called back tomorrow as long as they let me have that week off. I still have 3 weeks and 4 days vacation time this year