Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kycowgirl
WOE: Low Carb & cla/gla
Make that 5,124 !!

My daughter got a second job, driving the horse carriages on weekends. She gave me a ride tonight. It was awesome. We rode by george Clooneys condo. He owns the 3 top floors on this weird glass triangular building. He grew up here about 15 miles away from us, so it doesnt surprise me he bought one so close to home, overlooking the Ohio river. His parents still live here. I actually was sitting at a table next to them in a fancy restaurant one evening and heard them talking about georges next movie deal . His mom runs an antique store in Augusta, an old river town. The pic with me in it is with our other granddaughter Harlee, standing by trevas horse "Easy" and carriage. Shes 10 and we have both girls tonight. The other is our 2 daughters, Treva & Chrissy driving the carriage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0219.JPG (61.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0173.JPG (67.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0213.jpg (31.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0217.jpg (24.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 08-21-2009 at 09:03 PM..
kycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycowgirl View Post
Make that 5,124 !!

My daughter got a second job, driving the horse carriages on weekends. She gave me a ride tonight. It was awesome. We rode by george Clooneys condo. He owns the 3 top floors on this weird glass triangular building. He grew up here about 15 miles away from us, so it doesnt surprise me he bought one so close to home, overlooking the Ohio river. His parents still live here. I actually was sitting at a table next to them in a fancy restaurant one evening and heard them talking about georges next movie deal . His mom runs an antique store in Augusta, an old river town. The pic with me in it is with our other granddaughter Harlee, standing by trevas horse "Easy" and carriage. Shes 10 and we have both girls tonight. The other is our 2 daughters, Treva & Chrissy driving the carriage

You look great !! Love the new do.

Damn Tom, I had been thinking about hi-lighting my hair again, now I am back and forth. I hate the up keep !!!! Also, I usually don't like the color when somelse does it.

But sometimes a woman just has to do something for herself.
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Kim, I just had my hair done and had more brown pulled through it before we went to Florida, but it got all bleached back out by the sun. I'm letting my bangs grow out. They are at that annoying length right now

I like your hair now, but I liked the highlights too
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Kim, I just had my hair done and had more brown pulled through it before we went to Florida, but it got all bleached back out by the sun. I'm letting my bangs grow out. They are at that annoying length right now

I like your hair now, but I liked the highlights too

I done the bang thing too !!! They are at that annoying stage too.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

I usually get mad about now and cut them but not gonna do it this time lol, we can suffer through the transition together lol
Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

sending subliminal messages to Kims mind...Tumbleweed...Tumbleweed...Tumbleweed !!!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
sending subliminal messages to Kims mind...Tumbleweed...Tumbleweed...Tumbleweed !!!

Message received.

Want to try for Monday the 31st ? Maybe noonish. I'll keep my PT open for that day if you want to go.

Wanna email me your cell #

OH BTW----- Love your new avi

Hi Tom

Last edited by kimlou; 08-23-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

The 31st works for me . Tumbleweed here we come !!!! *drools*

You should have a text with my cell on it

Still holding at 189 but people keep asking me if I lost weight, so the combo must be working again

Last edited by kycowgirl; 08-23-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The 31st works for me . Tumbleweed here we come !!!! *drools*

You should have a text with my cell on it

Still holding at 189 but people keep asking me if I lost weight, so the combo must be working again

Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 AM   #310
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
ok it's only been a couple of days on the combo but i gotta say, my belly pooch is not hanging over my jeans as much! too bad the scale won't budge. i searched every corner of the house last night for the tape measurer but i couldn't find it so i'll have to pick another one up tonight.
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

The scale will catch up with occasional whooshes. You can tell your losing by the way your clothes fit
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #312
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Justachic
Stats: no scales-5'6
WOE: customized
Start Date: Restarted Jan 9, 2008
@Trisha and Kimlou......The salon professionals. I'm a little embarrased to say but I haven't been to a stylist in quite some time. As you can see from my FB pics, my look at this point is long hair that I straighten upon occasion. Thinking about what would be a good look to transition to that wouldn't be so drastic. Have any opinions?

Ps, Keep in mind that my husband would freak and die a couple of times if I cut my hair really short.
Justachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
@Trisha and Kimlou......The salon professionals. I'm a little embarrased to say but I haven't been to a stylist in quite some time. As you can see from my FB pics, my look at this point is long hair that I straighten upon occasion. Thinking about what would be a good look to transition to that wouldn't be so drastic. Have any opinions?

Ps, Keep in mind that my husband would freak and die a couple of times if I cut my hair really short.

Long layers and maybe a few hi-lites.

That way you can still pull it back it you want. Long layers straigten out so pretty.

Go for it, it wont be to drastic and you can tell the stylist what length you want your longest and shortest length you are wanting.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree with Kim, not too short, but some long layers and high-lites would be awesome . But I have to say, it looks good like it is
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #315
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks gals....I'm gonna see about making an appointment in the next week or so. A pedicure would be nice too! Need to find me some "me" time other than the gym.

Talk to ya'll soon.....
Old 08-26-2009, 06:01 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Alot of people here are getting their toes french tipped. I don't like anyone messin with my feet (except Toms wonderful foot massages lol)
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Alot of people here are getting their toes french tipped. I don't like anyone messin with my feet (except Toms wonderful foot massages lol)

I love massages....
Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

me too if Toms doing it, but I don't like strangers touching me like that
Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #319
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Interesting how some people enjoy spa massages while others don't. My husband is just like you Trisha, he doesn't like anyone giving him a massage except for me. The best massage I ever had was from a sweet little Korean lady in a Korean Bathhouse. My gal pal who likes spa treatments too treated me to one. I laid down on this table face down while she got up on the table and walked on me while supporting her weight from a horizontal bar. She worked all the kinks out of my back and I was a new woman. It corrected all kinds of stuff I had going and I felt so good afterward that I think I may have proposed to her afterward. I haven't had a decent massage since.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 AM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: destiny7877
Hi everyone...My name is Linda and I came across this site and it made my day. So I placed an order for these pills.
Now Borage Oil 1000mg with 240mg of GLA
Horizon Tonalin CLA 1000mg

Can someone get me started on how much to take of each. There were so many different answers to my question...so I figured I would ask myself to be on the safe side. And Thank you in advance!!!
destiny7877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #321
KQT

my jeans are loose, straight out of the dryer! i think it's workin!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

chic, If someone walked on my back it would totally freak me out

welcome to the thread destiny . The usual dose with the caps is 5 cla, and 2-4 gla. Start with 2 Broage caps, and see how that works. Addd more if needed. My hubby only needed 2, but I need 4 to see good results. Remember to take the cla with milk or a protein to keep from getting the queezies the first few days. I prefer taking mine all at night right before bed and don't have any problems that way. Let us know how it works for you please.

KQT, WooHoo, thats wonderful !!! It sure sounds like its working for you !! Keep it going !!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

metqa, where the heck are you? , and everyone else for that matter
Old 08-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PT for me this week.......
I told her not to schedule me for Monday. Thank goodness finally a break...

My friend gives me my massages. We owned a shop together and, Let me tell you she was GOOD. When we sold the shop, she went into it professionally and mailny does it for medical purposes now. Insurance money always pays better. LOL.

See ya Monday... noon at the Weed. !!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #325
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
my jeans are loose, straight out of the dryer! i think it's workin!
That's awesome! Just curious. How long have you been taking the combo and what is your diet like? Do you exercise? Thanks...

I think i'm gonna try detoxing myself for a few days.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #326
KQT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justachic View Post
That's awesome! Just curious. How long have you been taking the combo and what is your diet like? Do you exercise? Thanks...

I think i'm gonna try detoxing myself for a few days.
i've been on the combo for a week, i think i bought the supps a week ago? i do the 3400 cla/1000 borage oil (but i think it's really only about 500 gla - i can't choke down that many horse pills) really though, my diet is no fun and i kinda hate it. it's mostly fruit, vegetables, and minimal whole grains and minimal meat. its a low cholesterol, lower carb diet that my dr recommended. here's examples of what i've been eating:

breakfast- fried egg, chz slice, on whole grain english muffin, dab of kraft evoo mayo and mustard.... OR: 2 scrambled eggs w/ham and chz.... OR: 8 oz soy slender milk with handful of blueberries, half a banana, and 2 scoops protein powder. i eat breakfast about 7am and this holds me til about 11:30 then my stomach growls.

lunch- kashi bar & apple & pb, maybe a serving of veggie casserole -- i don't really have a recipe for this, the last one i did was a can of mixed veggies (drained), a bag of steamed cauliflower, half a can of cream of mushroom soup, a handful of shredded cheddar chz, and an egg - then bake til the edges are puffy (30 mins @350?) its dang good.

snacks- carrots & cauliflower, OR a bag of grapes, OR 2 hard boiled eggs, OR string chz. oh, or maybe light & fit yogurt.

dinner - MEAT!!! and more veggie casserole, and some more fruit. last night i had a healthy choice single serving pasta strainer thingy - it was really dang good. (and i'm glad it was only one serving because i could completely carb overload on pasta.)

other options of what i eat: oatmeal, steamed sweet potato, squash, single steamer packets of brussel sprouts or corn, salads. i wish i could be all like whoa, greatest diet ever! but it's hard. i want some chocolate cake!!! i would recommend you read master your metabolism, by jillian michaels, it will totally change your mindset about food. i am definitely a whole foods kinda girl now. i've lost about 7 lbs since august 4th, and the scale is really being a beeotch lately, i've been fluctuating between 218-220 for a week now, but these jeans really surprised me this morning!!!

(woops, i wrote alot) hope that helps!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

KQT,Now that sounds like a diet I could stick with !!! I hate going without fruit and whole grain bread. If there were an all fruit diet, I could do it easily lol. Don't worry about writing too much, we love details . This combo will cause a scale stall, but will occasionally catch up with the inch loss

chic, what kind of detox do you do?

Kim, I'll be there. (I need me some weed !!) Tom has to work and has a check up at the Dr.s at noon, so he will miss it this time. I'll eat some extra chips and salsa for him (Better remember my carb blockers)

Last edited by kycowgirl; 08-27-2009 at 01:46 PM..
Old 08-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #328
KQT

thanks, trisha! i was worried to put my plan there because i didn't want you guys to think i'm a granolahead or starving myself... its just a change from what i've been eating for the past 3 years. i use *********** to log most of what i eat and i aim for 1500-1600 calories, 100 carbs, 50g fat, and 75g protein. like that book says, if it didn't grow from the ground or have a mother, don't eat it. so that's what i've been trying. i know what i'm eating can't be bad for me, i just gotta have patience and perseverence.

and right now i barely exercise. i'm trying to get in more evening walks, though. but when summer is over i'll be out hunting the woods (like phil) and hitting the gym again.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Everyone on here is doing something different lol. Thats why I named the thread....and whatever is working for you. I think its good to mix things up and see what works for you and it helps to see what everyone else is doing. We used to post menus every day but that kinda died off

Right now, I am taking the combo, but I am not doing any kind of diet. The combo is keeping me from re-gaining and I'm happy with that right now. I'll get myself together soon and pick a plan to go with
Old 08-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
when summer is over i'll be out hunting the woods (like phil) .

That should bring Phil back here for an update