Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #931
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
I did not like the taste... but I am a diabetic... so am going to try it again
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJo View Post
Hello all,

I'm a long time low carber, mostly for insulin reasons (runs in the family). My wife's side has no such issues but she still has about 20 or so pounds of baby weight from a few years ago. She's not as strongly low carb as I am but does watch what she eats and is curious to try ACV. She'd like me to find the answers to a few questions, please:

1. What would you recommend as the minimum amount to drink per day, and at what intervals? The reason she asks is...

2. ...she's staring a business now which includes a LOT of walking, so she's afraid of doing ACV during the week due to the diuretic properties - she sometimes is away from any restroom for upwards of 4 hours. Any recommendations on a workaround on this?

3. Would restricting ACV to weekends only, or times during the week when she's in her office, negate any positives she might otherwise see, or just delay them? IOW, how consistent do you need to be to see results (even if it's just water weight, she'd be happy with that right now).

I'll be doing the ACV along with her, just for the heck of it. Going to buy some Bragg's today.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Don
It does have a diuretic effect on me, I would say start with 2 tablespoons a day, could be taken all at once at dinner/evening, then add a third tablespoon (or split the dose 1.5 T morning/1.5 T evening) on the days she doesn't need to be out of the office. Make sure to dilute with a good amount of water (at least 8 oz., may need 12 - 16 oz. for two tablespoons). I am not very consistent using it myself, so I can't tell you how important that is.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
I did not like the taste... but I am a diabetic... so am going to try it again
Use the berry sweetened stevia, or some other fruit flavor you like, such as this one: Sweetleaf Liquid Stevia Sweet Drops - I add about 16 drops/1 dropperfull per glass. It tastes MUCH better that way.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #934
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
thanks Mist.... I will try that.......
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #935
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Use the berry sweetened stevia, or some other fruit flavor you like, such as this one: Sweetleaf Liquid Stevia Sweet Drops - I add about 16 drops/1 dropperfull per glass. It tastes MUCH better that way.
OMG, that's a great idea. Thanks!
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #936
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I use ACV, mainly because it really helps when I have heartburn.

Finding this thread again made me think of using it more regularly. I'm doing IF and so will give this a go three times a day and see if it helps control hunger and keeps my fat burning going! Can't be bad, even if it doesn't help the weight loss, it should help support good health!

Will report back in a few weeks on any results!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #937
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 71yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet; JUDDD
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12: 1/17/14
After reading this Thread, I'm ready to give it a try. I was able to pick up a couple of bottles of Bragg's and I also picked up some local honey today. I'm not on Atkins so the carbs aren't a big deal for me. I just wanted to follow the directions on the bottle.

I am continuing my CLA/GLA because I swear that combo gave me energy. I haven't seen any fat loss from using those though, but may be because I'm eating too many calories to lose, just maintaining. I'm hoping the ACV cuts my appetite.

I was taking 2 Tbsp of CO/day right off the spoon, but it seemed to make me gain so I'll only be using that for cooking. Man, my complexion and hair sure looked great taking it so am eager to get back to it when I hit my goal weight.

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #938
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
I have been reading this thread and decided to buy some. I bought the wrong kind at first. But got the right stuff now. I got the Heinz brand because I couldnt find the Braggs.

I am loving the hunger control it gives!!

However I do have a question.....can you take some of the mother and add it to the other kind and grow it in there? I have the great value brand that I bought at first. I didnt see distilled on it so thought it was ok, but after reading more I found it was wrong. I can use it on salads and stuff but if there is a chance to grow more mother in it, I would like to try that.

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #939
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Anyone found the ACV to be helpful in reducing hot flashes?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Anyone found the ACV to be helpful in reducing hot flashes?
I'm interested, too!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #941
Blabbermouth!!!

Shirl
I saw the acv recommended by a naturopathic (sp?) , she suggested 4 tbl. a day to help with hot flashes. I took it today and have only had a very mild sensation of warmness a couple of times today, unlike the severe hot flashes I normally have several times a day. I also seemed to get a little burst of energy from it. To soon to tell for sure but I am going to keep taking it and see if it helps the flashes, it is nice to be getting a break from them today so far. The flashes are always preceded by a anxious feeling in my gut which isn't any fun either.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #942
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs. Binkums
just curious, has anyone found that it helps with this damn stubborn belly fat..really need something to help with this problem...i will lose weight but the buddah belly aint going anywhere! I can only do limited exercise because of health condition so options are limited...any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated....
Mrs. Binkums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Shirl
I saw the acv recommended by a naturopathic (sp?) , she suggested 4 tbl. a day to help with hot flashes. I took it today and have only had a very mild sensation of warmness a couple of times today, unlike the severe hot flashes I normally have several times a day. I also seemed to get a little burst of energy from it. To soon to tell for sure but I am going to keep taking it and see if it helps the flashes, it is nice to be getting a break from them today so far. The flashes are always preceded by a anxious feeling in my gut which isn't any fun either.
Wow, sounds like I'll have to give it a try again. I go from being perfectly comfortable or sometimes even chilly to being really overheated. And at my age, I should be over this!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

Didn't help me as much yesterday. I woke up during the night tasting it with reflux and had to take zantac. I have heard people use it to cure reflux so don't know why that happened.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
Had stopped taking this because I couldn't bring myself to drink it in the morning like I had been doing. But now my reflux is back, big time, and it had totally stopped before. So I'm looking for different ways to add it to my daily routine. I had been drinking it with water and Splenda, which was like drinking salad dressing...
Are you guys still taking it, and if so, how are you including it daily?
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makrida
Stats: 142/132/125
Start Date: 4th Jan 2011
I drink peach sparkling water and I add some to the bottle. it doesn't taste bad to me, just gives a more apple-y flavour
makrida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
I hadn't thought to add it to something flavored. I added a tbl to my pink lemonade and I could hardly taste it! Then I added another tbl and it definitely added that vinegar tang to it. But I will definitely be trying it with some more flavors. Thanks!
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #948
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sunny7
I just take a large glass and fill it with ice and water and pour in a TBS or so, and sip on it through a straw, I like it.....I also add it in dressings when I make them......
Sunny7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #949
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mädchen
hi, you can make a very concentratet vinegar-gelatine! so you can just swallow a few pieces of it without ruining your teeth and almost without tasting the stuff.
mädchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeachyLogic
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/21/2010
I really dilute it, put it over ice and drink through a straw. After awhile I actually started to like it.
PeachyLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #951
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smores
Stats: 185/179/155
WOE: Low Carb
Bumping for more weightloss sucess stories w/ ACV. Also more non sugar recipes, please?

Dr. Oz suggested this:

Swimsuit Slimdown Plan | The Dr. Oz Show

Swimsuit Slimdown Tip 1: Sip Smart

Before every meal, try Dr. Oz’s secret swimsuit slimdown drink of a choice – a mixture of grapefruit juice and apple cider vinegar. Simply mix 1 cup of grapefruit juice with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, stir, and enjoy. The juice is loaded with vitamin C, which will help you burn fat faster, especially during exercise. In fact, a study showed that people with adequate vitamin C levels burned 30% more fat during moderate exercise than individuals low in vitamin C. Meanwhile, the acetic acid contained in the vinegar may switch on genes your body needs to pump out fat-burning proteins. If you find the drink a bit tart, add 1 teaspoon of honey, which only adds 20 calories, for sweetness. Drink Dr. Oz’s secret slimdown drink before every meal and you’ll literally burn away your fat while enjoying a citrusy delight.
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #952
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aryn12205
WOE: IF/Paleo/Whole Food-Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: January '14
So glad this thread is still kicking! I admit, I posted this and then never really got into drinking the ACV. I just couldn't stomach it. BUTTTTT.... I've been doing it every day for a month now and I feel AMAZING. Like, ridiculously giddy, energetic, and yes, the weight seems to be falling off a bit quicker. Coincidence?!? Perhaps. But I don't care! I just fill up a shot glass with about a teaspoon of ACV and fill up the shot glass with enough water for me to handle at once. I chase it with lots of water and swish the water around my mouth to get rid of the acid.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BringOnTheLard
Stats: 240/179/150
WOE: Ketogenic / VLCVHF
Start Date: Early Aug 2013
I have found that I seem to lose best when eating a recipe from my aunt, vinegar chicken. She used to make it with skinless breasts, garlic powder and wine vinegar in the microwave. I've modified it to use whole chicken thighs, chopped garlic and ACV in the oven. I do enjoy vinegar though, and this was one of my favorite recipes.

I did get rather burned out on it as I was having it daily for weeks, but after a month of stall, I started making it again last week and it seems the weight is coming off again. There does seem to be something there helping.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #954
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thisisrightnow
Stats: 240/178.6/150, 5'6", 28
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: 5/10/07 (generic LC/SB), 7/19/09 (Atkins)
I think I may have to try this. I love the taste and smell of vinegar. I can drink pickle juice straight from the jar like it's no one's business. Of course I don't because of all of the sodium. Does it really matter if it's apple cider? I have the Alpine sugar free spiced apple cider packets that I would use when making apple flavored flax muffins. It's a powder and I wonder if it'd throw off the taste if putting the vinegar in with it?
thisisrightnow is offline   Reply With Quote