Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SueQ
Stats: 237/154/145
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: March 2011
I forgot to come back and post my results of doing this. I lost a lb the day after I tried it, but I had been retaining a lot of water. I don't think it is changing my weight loss pattern, but I have continued to drink it because it really helps with appetite control between meals for me. I drink about 2 TBS in a small bottle of cold water with unflavored stevia twice a day, between bkfst and lunch and lunch and dinner. It has really cut out the lingering hunger I was previously experiencing. Doesn't seem to help with late night hunger for some reason.
SueQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #902
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kessa1111
Well it's been a little under 3 weeks, I've been pretty faithful to my schedule, except for the weekends and I noticed the difference.

I can't say that it's helped control my appetite or even caused me to lose weight, I'm still stalled at only 20lbs lost with the low-carb diet (but I admittedly am still falling of the wagon about once a week). But my clothes are definitely becoming looser, so I don't care if the numbers don't go down as long as the size does.

But over all, I feel better, not super charged, but definitely better. It's been easier for me to get up in the morning and I'm more willing to do things around the house after work, instead of just sitting. My husband has only been taking the APC, and not as regularly, but even he has noticed some small improvement in his energy.

I've got a long way to go, but I will be making the APC and CO a daily thing, I think I'm going to switch to the Nutiva brand of CO though, it smells a lot more like real coconut than the NOW brand.
kessa1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #903
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Make sure to drink through a straw as the acid in the vinegar is not great for your teeth.
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #904
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
Well, I don't know if it has helped with weight loss, but ACV has definitely helped with detox yeast reactions...
martiangurll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: twilight
Stats: 225/186.5/130
WOE: VLC/Atkins
Question: I just downed a tbsp of AVC (took it like a shot of liquor and chased it with a tbsp of my liquid minerals that have a raspberry flavor to it). Is a tbsp too much? How much should you take per day?
twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #906
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight View Post
Question: I just downed a tbsp of AVC (took it like a shot of liquor and chased it with a tbsp of my liquid minerals that have a raspberry flavor to it). Is a tbsp too much? How much should you take per day?
I take 2 TBL at night before bedtime.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #907
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweet irony
Stats: 335/290/160 --5'8˝"
WOE: <50g carbs a day/grain free
Start Date: August '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight View Post
You should dilute it in water and then rinse with water to avoid destroying the enamel of your teeth.

And I've never taken quite so much as a Tbl spoon, but everyone is different and you have to find your own perfect amount.
sweet irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #908
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peony
Stats: Down 26
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2007
I remember my mother saying that if you keep the jug with the "mother" in it, you can continue to make more vinegar by adding pure pressed apple cider. The mother is actually alive and will continue to grow. She was always very happy when her vinegar grew the "mother" because she knew it was very healthy. I don't think she shook the vinegar, but rather poured off the top and left the "mother" stay at the bottom.
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #909
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peony
Stats: Down 26
Start Date: March 2007
I bought some Briggs today and although it is cloudy, I didn't see a mother. It says it has one, but I'm wondering if they broke it up somehow because it's not there. I'll let it sit a while and then check again. I was hoping to grow more vinegar from this one bottle.
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #910
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arielle
Stats: 204-195-140
Start Date: Nov.2011
OLD ACV

Hi, can anyone tell me if my bottle is still alive? It has been in my cupboard for a couple years. It does still have the mother in there.
Arielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #911

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me if my bottle is still alive? It has been in my cupboard for a couple years. It does still have the mother in there.
Mine has an expiration date on it.
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #912
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DebM
I wish I could do the ACV but it tore my stomach up!!!! - Just one teaspoon!
DebM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
OK. This is probably weird...but, oh well. I have been using ACV on my psoriasis for the last few days. It is REALLY helping that like nothing else I have ever tried. I just made HM wipes with paper towels and 3 parts water to 1 part ACV. The weird part is that I noticed today on my down day (JUDDD) that I had a really decreased appetite. I haven't been drinking ACV...only putting it on my skin. Do you think I could get the appetite suppressant benefits that way? Maybe because it goes right into the blood stream...my psoriasis does have some open wounds??
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #914
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lonevision
Stats: 225/209/160
WOE: Low Cal, Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: Jul 30, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiiifit View Post
OK. This is probably weird...but, oh well. I have been using ACV on my psoriasis for the last few days. It is REALLY helping that like nothing else I have ever tried. I just made HM wipes with paper towels and 3 parts water to 1 part ACV. The weird part is that I noticed today on my down day (JUDDD) that I had a really decreased appetite. I haven't been drinking ACV...only putting it on my skin. Do you think I could get the appetite suppressant benefits that way? Maybe because it goes right into the blood stream...my psoriasis does have some open wounds??
Oh my gosh, one of my friends suffers from terrible psoriasis. A few months ago it had gotten so bad that she'd decided to get medical help. They put her on light treatments. Well, after about a month of that, it got worse. She had it on her back, chest, and stomach, all down her legs, down her arms; just a slight bump on a table or chair and another patch would start. It was behind her knees and in the nooks of her elbows. She'd never had it so bad.

According to the doctors, "that wasn't supposed to happen." They've now given her expensive creams instead.

I recommended she try a more homeopathic approach and try dabbing some myrrh oil on the patches to see if it worked. Well, it worked for Jesus, anyway. My mom (a Christian Hippie) used to put it on our sores or chapped lips when we were kids and it certainly worked.

I was already going to buy myself a bottle of Bragg's ACV, but since your post mentioned psoriasis, I'm buying her a bottle, too.

Please tell me, how bad is your psoriasis?
lonevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #915
Senior LCF Member

Mine isn't as bad as what your friend has...but I read on a psoriasis site that ACV helps in about 60% of the cases. There are different types and severity levels, which is probably why it won't work for everyone. But, it has helped in a HUGE way for me. I have tried lots of other things.

Garlic helps me a lot. I add garlic powder to almost everything I cook now. If I have a flare up I make a cream cheese garlic dip with extra cloves of grated garlic. If my psoriasis is swelling, hot to the touch, starting to get infected; I put the grated garlic right on my leg where it is bothering me.

The tanning bed and getting lots of sunshine have both always helped me...but then you have to decide if you want skin cancer or psoriasis. The only prescription that ever really helped me was Dovanex (very expensive) and years ago antibiotics used to help. Now, it is more resistant to them.

Vaseline, hydrocortisone and triple antibiotic creams help me a little, sometimes. But, only when I'm not flaring. I have psoriasis in my nails and scalp but it is not bad and doesn't really flare there. I have four spots that flare up..one on each leg and on both of my elbows. I consider myself pretty lucky because the spots on my legs can be covered up as long as I don't wear really short shorts. So, really it is only if I go swimming that it is noticeable.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #916
Senior LCF Member

Oh, yeah. I only found this post after I started using the ACV. The kind I bought was a gallon size Walmart brand for $3ish and it has been working even without the mother in it!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
I am getting some braggs today!!!
Karla1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eagle eye
WOE: Low Carb
Started taking it today .....Subscribing
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #919
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 7/30/14...166.6/165.1/125
Started today...subbing
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #920
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Girlieschmoo
Stats: 142/124/121
WOE: Maria Emmerich and "No S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka View Post
Long-term use of apple cider vinegar could cause low [URL="http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/featured-nutrient-potassium"]potassium levels and lower bone density. If you already have low potassium or osteoporosis, talk to your doctor before using apple cider vinegar.
Ok, I am confused I have read more than I can even believe of the apple cider vinegar threads and several people stated they take it for extra potassium. Does anyone know what the quote above is referencing? Does it help or hurt potassium levels?
Girlieschmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
am going to try this....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #922
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JustJessie
Stats: ?/163.5/135 (5'0"/39 yo)
Start Date: 01/27/2014
Okay i read the first post and the mixture contains honey I am on Atkins induction. Anyone have recommendations for induction should I just drink the AVC alone?
JustJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #923
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janus
does ACV help reduce hunger for anyone ?
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #924
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJessie View Post
Okay i read the first post and the mixture contains honey I am on Atkins induction. Anyone have recommendations for induction should I just drink the AVC alone?
You can just shoot it down straight, or you can mix 1-2T of it in a glass of water and add some stevia or other sweetener and 1-2T lemon juice.
Make sure to rinse your mouth very well with plain water after because the ACV acid is bad for your tooth enamel.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #925

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
does ACV help reduce hunger for anyone ?
Not for me
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #926
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
Start Date: May 13 Restart
I started today, only a few teaspoons but I am working my way up. Heinz now sells ACV with the mother, raw unpasteurized..
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: August Moon
WOE: moderate carbs
Braggs will change your life! Maybe not your weight so much, but it helps me tremendously to not have inflammation in my knee joints, ankles and feet. 2-3 tblsp. per day mixed in a cold drink and I have no pain in my feet and no more 'cankles'.

This alone is worth every bottle. You can also buy Braggs ready made drinks at your health store. But read the label. Some have a few carbs (2 servings per bottle). But the ginger flavored one does not.
August Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #928
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoo
Stats: 239/170/170
Start Date: June 2004
My doctor made a treatment plan for me yesterday that included a tsp of ACV in water before each meal. He said it is an excellent probiotic and safe for me to take regularly.
shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onedimsim
Stats: 261/144/139 - 5'7"
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hot tip ya'll! I am a big believer now in the ACV thing, but it still is pretty raucous to me - have tried variations too

I made my best Cocktail to date: A grape Zevia + 2 TBSP ACV + Crushed Ice! Cannot even taste the ACV!

Last edited by onedimsim; 05-19-2013 at 03:54 PM..
onedimsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #930
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DonJo
Hello all,

I'm a long time low carber, mostly for insulin reasons (runs in the family). My wife's side has no such issues but she still has about 20 or so pounds of baby weight from a few years ago. She's not as strongly low carb as I am but does watch what she eats and is curious to try ACV. She'd like me to find the answers to a few questions, please:

1. What would you recommend as the minimum amount to drink per day, and at what intervals? The reason she asks is...

2. ...she's staring a business now which includes a LOT of walking, so she's afraid of doing ACV during the week due to the diuretic properties - she sometimes is away from any restroom for upwards of 4 hours. Any recommendations on a workaround on this?

3. Would restricting ACV to weekends only, or times during the week when she's in her office, negate any positives she might otherwise see, or just delay them? IOW, how consistent do you need to be to see results (even if it's just water weight, she'd be happy with that right now).

I'll be doing the ACV along with her, just for the heck of it. Going to buy some Bragg's today.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Don

Last edited by DonJo; 06-25-2013 at 09:13 AM..
DonJo is offline   Reply With Quote