Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #871
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: Highest 210/198/118
WOE: Atkins + HHCG (Fishy Vegetarian)
Start Date: Atkins since 1998
i been drinking braggs for a while now..
here is how i drink it..

Hot water..Serves 1
12 oz water...2 tsp. braggs..1/8-1/4 lemon..
1-2 Tblspoon davinci creme de mint syrup
i also like to add about 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Cold water in blender..Serves 2
16 oz water..1 Tblspoons braggs..1/4-1/2 lemon..
2 Tbslspoon davinci creame de mint syrup
PLUS 2 Tblspoons davinci vanilla syrup

if you have any type of staph infection on your skin..
try braggs on it..
acne..braggs
warts..put a cotton ball soaked with braggs ..with bandaid on top
sleep each night with it on the wart..
starts hurting to the death after the first night..
will turn black..then you can scratch it off or wait til it falls off
leaves a pink hole that heals like any wound with some neosporin cream..
hemmrhoids..drink it and put it on the exposed roid..
you can clean stuff with it aswell..
my daddy uses it exculusively to clean tile and linolium floor..

someone mentioned it being useful for water retention..
i Do know that you can use it for mild heat stroke and dehydration..
in the south where i am from some folks use it for that..
they drink it and bathe in it..its suppossed to rehydrate..
so i guess thats also how it cures water retention..
it the retention is basically due to dehydration..
like when you are out in the desert walking and then your hands/feet swell up type thing..

Last edited by fembomb; 01-11-2011 at 07:13 PM..
fembomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #872
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I have suffered from fatigue, due to Yeast over growth. ACV and coconut oil have taken care of that for me. .
Interesting. My sister's doctor has her on a yeast free diet and the one thing he emphasized was 'no vinegar'.

Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #873
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
No stomach cramps, but I do get heartburn within 2 days.

Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #874
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Your sister's doctor most like emphasized no vinegar because most of the medical community doesn't understand the benefits of ACV with the mother. Vinegar that does not contain the mother is definitely to be avoided. Yeast is why I started with ACV over a year ago. Every so often I do get a sour stomach so I just have something to eat. In general, I think it has helped to a small degree with appetite and fluid retention, thereby contributing to weight loss.

Sheryl
SLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #875
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Sorry if this has been answered already, I do not have time to read all of the posts but will drinking this with a straw protect teeth from damage or is a baking soda rinse still necessary TIA also...does anyone feel dizzy after they drink this?
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Too much mother???

I've been using apple cider vinegar that has so much stuff on the bottom that I just couldn't stand it, so I strained it. It just grosses me out. That was the first bottle I've had that issue with, though.
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #877
Major LCF Poster!

How do you use the baking soda to prevent the damage to teeth enamel? TIA
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #878
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
How do you use the baking soda to prevent the damage to teeth enamel? TIA
i use it by dumping some in my hand..
wet it with a bit of water..
then swish my toothbrush in it ..
and then brush my teeth with it..
and..
about twice a week..
i use hydrogen peroxide from the grocery market
to wetten it.. in place of the water..

i think you can swish it round in your mouth also..

i rinse well with water and mouthwash after brushing with it..
Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #879
Major LCF Poster!

TMI but does anyone else have urine that smells like ACV when drinking this? its strong!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
TMI but does anyone else have urine that smells like ACV when drinking this? its strong!
Never had that...
but if you put the Vinegar on your body ..
ppl might not like the way you smell

Last edited by fembomb; 01-27-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Old 01-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #881
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Subscribing
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #882
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1dayatatime
Stats: Size24/16-14/16-14
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: 07/11/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayatatime View Post
Thank you! I do a little of both. However I do seem to have better results when I drink it before. I think it helps the food metabolize better when its drank before food is consumed. When you drink it after, I think it helps better with water retention.

Those are my experiences. Hope this helps!
I just wanted to up date. I dont really use the ACV anymore and I don't think it has slowed my weight loss so far. I do know that the ACV does help with cravings, but I don't think it helps with weight loss out side of some vanity water weight. That is my experience. I will continue to use the ACV, but on an as needed basis. If you have even the most intense craving, this stuff will wipe it away.
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #883
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
I've been using raw, unfiltered ACV (with the mother) for one week, sometimes more than once per day. I'd say that, so far, it is not helping with weight loss. I think I feel better, overall, and I think it curbs hunger, but my weight remains stalled, all the same. It could be one of many things causing that stall, so I'm going to continue the ACV, for now.

My favorite way to drink ACV, so far, is to pour couple of capfuls of it into my lemon tea flavored Crystal Light.
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #884
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweet irony
Stats: 335/290/160 --5'8½"
WOE: <50g carbs a day/grain free
Start Date: August '10
OK! I've resisted too long. I bought some ACV with the mother at the farmer's market yesterday and started taking it today. Every time this thread showed up I'd read a little and tell myself, "I should do that!" But I couldn't face it. I've never liked vinegary things all that much and I didn't want that taste in my mouth. But when you put a few drops of stevia in there it's not so bad!

I could do this every day. We'll see if it makes any differences in me. Thanks for a great thread everyone!
sweet irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #885
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
I just ate some tilapia with a side of homemade cole slaw. I put three capfuls of ACV in the mayo that I put in the slaw. Will I get the same benefits using it this way? By the way, the slaw was delish!

Thanks,
Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #886
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: In2Win
Stats: 273/235/140
WOE: LCHF
Quote:
I just ate some tilapia with a side of homemade cole slaw. I put three capfuls of ACV in the mayo that I put in the slaw. Will I get the same benefits using it this way? By the way, the slaw was delish!
From what I understand, yes you will get the benefits. If you are using the ACV with Mother (which is what most here recommend), then freezing or heating might damage or kill the Mother and then you would lose the benefits of the Mother. However vinegar, even without the mother still lowers glucose and insulin responses and increases satiety. Here is one article from the NYtimes that sites some studies on vinegar.
In2Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #887
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
In2Win....thanks for your quick response. It is the Braggs raw, unfiltered with the "mother" in it. Thanks for the link to the article. I will read it now.

Carole

I did read the article, and hope the statements are true. I am Type II, and would love to be able to control better with this addition. Thanks again!

Last edited by arkie1; 05-29-2011 at 04:10 PM..
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:23 AM   #888
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Freesia
Stats: finally .. . .
WOE: love myself
I love reading these posts because I know that ACV drink works. Did y'all know that years ago, when Aretha Franklin was married to Glenn Turman(sp?), she used ACV in a small glass of water and lost tons of weight and inches, which is how I found out about it.

Peace
Freesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #889
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Fell in love with ACV! I have so much more energy! 2 Tb every day & the swelling from osteoarthritis in my hands has greaatly diminished... Can only think it is working on all my other joints too. Good thing cause Ol' Doc says there is NOT an Rx I can take! Thankful for that cause it sent me to ACV! Quit adding honey- my taste buds like it just watered down a bit -sip on it through the day...

Last edited by iamfaithful; 07-01-2011 at 09:29 PM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #890
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hardrain
Stats: 5'4" 164/144/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/11
I was drinking it and had no renewed energy. But if I'm "bound" it work or if I have a pimple coming on it wrecks it in the tracks. When I drank it, I did break out, which probably meant that I was full of stuff I needed to get rid of. Will more than likely start drinking it again in the cooler months as family history states that it is good for me. At the time it wasn't cool to have huge acne all of a sudden and combat it with the same thing.

So, think my ACV will be once again inducted into my routine (so called) soon. Mostly bc I think it is more than likely a health thing and I don't mind it. Are there studies? I have read this post at some point but looking for the lazy answer.

Thanks.
hardrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #891
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Charisse
Stats: 299/290/150
WOE: ACV
Start Date: July 25,2011
I just started using ACV (Braggs) yesterday 7/25. I'm trying to reap some or all of the health benefits, i've noticed so far that I have more energy and my insides just "feel clean". If I have a significant weight loss while using it I will be extremely happy Also looking forward to sharing stories and experiences here!
Charisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #892
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kessa1111
Wow 30 pages?!? You all had me at around page 10. I can't read anymore, I'm convinced! I just picked up from my local health food place: ACV (Bragg), VCO (NOW) and liquid Stevia (NOW).

I did taste tests and was very pleasantly surprised, the oil has a good fresh coconut smell and taste (I was worried because I hate processed coconut, but love fresh). And the ACV was surprisingly refreshing (in a ACV-aide).

This is my plan to start tomorrow: have hot green tea with a Tbs of the CO in the morning and afternoon. And a ACV-aide (a 20oz container with ice, water, 2 tsp of ACV and 8 drops of liquid stevia) 3 times a day maybe mid-morning, just after lunch and around 4-4:30.

Oh, and I'm taking my husband with me. He's just begun adjusting to the idea.

I have had what I believe is issues with yeast since a botched surgery in 2000, I am hoping this will help with my continuous fatigue and brain fog at the very least, anything after that is gravy (low-carb gravy of course).

I hope to come back with happy updates soon.
kessa1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #893
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
I've been following along with this post and finally grabbed myself a bottle to give it a go. I mixed it in with a glass of Crystal Light (green tea flavored) and it tastes like apple cider to me. I think I can handle chugging down a glass of this once a day. Might even give me some incentive to drink one more glass of liquid, since I'm SO BAD about hydrating! It's a work in progress.
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshine 57
Stats: 325/290/200
Start Date: ongoing
ACV does help with weight loss.Even if ones not dieting it can promote losing.Helped me lose when I lost 170 lbs.Thanks' for reminding me about it,I had forgotten.My mother and Grandmother used ACV for many years with success
Sunshine 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #895
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine 57 View Post
ACV does help with weight loss.Even if ones not dieting it can promote losing.Helped me lose when I lost 170 lbs.Thanks' for reminding me about it,I had forgotten.My mother and Grandmother used ACV for many years with success
Wow, Sunshine 57, that's amazing feedback (and a mightily impressive weightloss!).

I've recently re-started taking 2tbs each morning in half a glass of water (just knock it back) and have no idea either why I'm taking it or if it's doing any good . So it's great to have some feedback from somebody who it's most definitely helped!
clanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SueQ
Stats: 237/154/145
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: March 2011
Ok, I'm trying it now too. I have been using it on my hair for dandruff and this thread has me convinced. I'm on HCG and having a wicked bout of water retention, and I'm stalled. I'll come back tomorrow and let you know what the scale said, although if it gives me more energy or makes me feel healthier that is good enough for me!
SueQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #897
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DebM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipsandroses View Post
No one else has these cramps? I think I'm going to call it quits on the ACV because I'm not liking the feeling of these cramps and don't know if I should be worried about them or not.
I had horrible, horrible stomach pain when I tried it. It hurt for days after. But, I used regular applecider vinegar, not the mother because I couldn't find it in the store. I've not tried it again because I'm afraid to but I'd def not try it again unless I have the mother kind....
DebM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #898
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshine 57
Stats: 325/290/200
Start Date: ongoing
ACV does help wt. loss.I was stalled for weeks,got on ACV,lost 3 lbs.Thank's to one who posted this.I had forgotten about it.I do not use honey,just ACV in cold water.This helped me when I lost 170 lbs 13 yrs ago.I will be 55 Sat, and do exercise,woe Atkins.
Sunshine 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #899
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
Got a question,you with the mother in it,well I have never heard of that ,so can you please tell about the mother?
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #900
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
I know a bit about that topic. The 'Mother' is the cloudy bit in the vinegar that hovers near the bottom of the bottle. Bragg's is a very good brand that has that - read the lable too. Other brands have it also.

Wiki says "Mother of vinegar[1] - also called Mycoderma aceti (a New Latin expression, from the Greek μὑκης (fungus) plus δἐρμα (skin), and the Latin aceti (of the acid)[2] - is a substance composed of a form of cellulose and acetic acid bacteria that develops on fermenting alcoholic liquids, which turns alcohol into acetic acid with the help of oxygen from the air. It is added to wine, cider, or other alcoholic liquids to produce vinegar.

Mother of vinegar can also form in store-bought vinegar if there is some non-fermented sugar and/or alcohol contained in the vinegar. This is more common in unpasteurized vinegar. While not appetizing in appearance, mother of vinegar is completely harmless and the surrounding vinegar does not have to be discarded because of it. It can be filtered out using a coffee filter, used to start a bottle of vinegar, or simply left in and ignored."

In addition:

"Mother of vinegar, often tenderly called simply “mother”, is a slimy gelatinous material that is found in unpasteurized vinegar. In general it is the growth of acetic bacteria which are responsible for turning alcohol into vinegar. The acetic bacteria which are the heart of the mother of vinegar are usually filtered and killed by pasteurization in most non-organic vinegars. However, the mother of vinegar when present in the final product, especially that in cider vinegar, has countless health benefits.

As a preventative tonic, consuming mother of vinegar strengthens many body systems and improves the immune system. Specifically, mother of vinegar helps circulation by thinning the blood and combating bad cholesterol, removing mineral deposits that are responsible for arthritis and bursitis and helping the body achieve homeostasis with greater ease.

When taken on a daily basis, mother of vinegar serves as an antibacterial and antifungal agent. It can also be use topically to control fungus or to clean a wound. Mother of vinegar applied to the skin can relieve itching, muscle pain, and certain skin rashes.

Mother of vinegar can also help you to lose weight. It is said to help to reduce the excess fat in cells, decreasing cellulite and promoting weight loss. As a supplement to a healthy diet and exercise, mother of vinegar will help shed pounds while actively supplying your body with additional benefits. About two spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar that contains mother of vinegar should be taken daily. It is best to dilute it in a large glass of water mixed with honey to lessen the harsh taste of vinegar.

These are just a few of the health benefits of mother of vinegar, but to reap its rewards you must choose apple cider vinegar that contains the mother. The slimy substance or chunks in the bottle let you know that it is there. It may seem unappetizing to look at but it is completely harmless to eat. You can also make your own mother of vinegar by purchasing the bacteria at health food stores and adding it to wine or cider to hasten fermentation."

What are the Health-Promoting Properties of Mother of Vinegar?
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote