Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
I purchased the spectrum brand today at lunchtime and took my first dose!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
My local Kroger's had it on sale this week, so needless to say they were all sold out!
livinlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlarge View Post
My local Kroger's had it on sale this week, so needless to say they were all sold out!
that's where I got mine! It was in the "organic, health food" sections! $3.49 for 32 oz
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #64
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
People react differently to all things. I tried ACV (Braggs), drinking it as described, for about 6 months and noticed no changes whatever. I now use it as my only vinegar for salads and stuff, but whatever its remarkable qualities are, I didn't experience them.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Always good to hear both sides. As with all things in the low carb way of life, YMMV.

Going to buy some tonight, figure it can't hurt and certainly cheaper than other things I've tried that didn't appear to help.

Still would like some idea of how long before people started noticing benefits,

Maybe I'll be lucky and be like aryn12205's mother-in-law. Or maybe I'll end up with a different vinegar to use for dandruf control for my stepdaughter.

Time will tell.

Thanks, Sheryl
SLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locarb4me View Post
I have some Bragg's and it's been there a while. About 8 months -ish. The "mother" part is looking pretty funky. Do you ACV users just slurp up the mother along with the vinegar or when it gets to the bottom, do you start filtering it a bit? I'd try it again but that cloud at the bottom turns my stomach a wee bit.
LOL! I know exactly what you mean! I just give it a shake and the cloud breaks up and distributes. Then pour some out and go about your business. The cloud will be there again next time. Just repeat. I use ACV exclusively in recipes and for all my needs. I have stopped purchasing white vinegar. DH 's the ACV but has no clue as to the benefits. He just trusts me when I say its good for him.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #67

Gallery: fawn
Or just maybe you will all be able to hear Willard Scott celebrating your 100th birthday sponsored by smuckers and you too can say "I took apple cider vinegar every day for the last 40 years"

You don't have to actually see the results in order to benefit from them.....

kind of like your multi vitamin.....you don't even know when you've missed it but your cells certainly do.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
that's where I got mine! It was in the "organic, health food" sections! $3.49 for 32 oz
Yep - the shelves were bare!
livinlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
So, I bought 2 bottles tonight. concocted a drink with the ACV, liquid splenda, water, and Baja's Bob Mai Tai mix. Both DD and I found it quite palatable (we did try just the ACV and water but will have to work into that). Starting with 1.5 tsp twice a day.

I hear what you are saying about not being able to detect the results Fawn and point take. Still hoping for some (even 1) of those detectable results.

Was reading on-line about it and liked the studies that showed lower blood sugar. Now that one I'd really like.

Question, once opened store in fridge or just in cupboard.

Sheryl
SLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
One thing I've noticed instantly is curbing the appetite. It really makes me feel full. That in itself is worth the price.
tomswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: JONAH'S GRANNY
Stats: Way too much/115 lbs.
WOE: Low Calorie
Start Date: 01/03/2008/Originally 2003
The greatest benefit I have noticed is the spurt of energy it gives me. Its like a cup of coffee without the caffeine.
JONAH'S GRANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ambimorph
Stats: 183/165/135
WOE: low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by latoya75 View Post
Oh another thing prime example i dont KNOW how alot of you guys clean your meat far as chicken and pork but what i do and have been doing for over 15yrs is i soak my chicken in vinegar espacially the greasy fatty part like the thighs and wings for about 5 mins or so and you can see the grease and fat melt away so why would it work for humans mmmhmmm???
Wait, isn't that a bit like saying if you eat fat you'll get fat? What happens on the outside of the body can't really predict what will happen in your metabolism.
ambimorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Well my dad is 85 and he has used vinegar for everything his whole life. He just went to the grocery store and bought cheap apple cider vinegar by the jug. He used it to brush his teeth, drink, and put on all kinds of food. We all thought he was insane but he swears it is a natural cure all, maybe he has been on to something!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #74
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambimorph View Post
Wait, isn't that a bit like saying if you eat fat you'll get fat? What happens on the outside of the body can't really predict what will happen in your metabolism.

Actually, good fats such as olive oil, nuts, seeds, and avocados will burn the "bad" fat we carry around.

ACV from Eden's is what I buy and I use 4T daily into my salads. I can't stomach it with water only in the morning and evening anymore. I need to take it with food.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Well my dad is 85 and he has used vinegar for everything his whole life. He just went to the grocery store and bought cheap apple cider vinegar by the jug. He used it to brush his teeth, drink, and put on all kinds of food. We all thought he was insane but he swears it is a natural cure all, maybe he has been on to something!

Here's some info that I found on ACV.... Hope someone finds it useful! Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar...

Over the centuries, vinegar has been used for countless purposes: making pickles, killing weeds, cleaning coffee makers, polishing armor, and dressing salads. It's also an ancient folk remedy, touted to relieve just about any ailment you can think of.

In recent years, apple cider vinegar has been singled out as an especially helpful health tonic. So it's now sold in both the condiment and the health supplement aisles of your grocery store. While many of the folk medicine uses of vinegar are unproven (or were disproved), a few do have a medical research backing them up. Some small studies have hinted that apple cider vinegar could help with several conditions, such as [COLOR=#008c99]diabetes[/COLOR] and [COLOR=#008c99]obesity[/COLOR].
So does consuming apple cider vinegar make sense for your health? Or is vinegar best used for cleaning stains and dyeing Easter eggs? Here's a rundown of the facts.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?

Vinegar is a product of fermentation. This is a process in which sugars in a food are broken down by bacteria and yeast. In the first stage of fermentation, the sugars are turned into alcohol. Then, if the alcohol ferments further, you get vinegar. The word comes from the French, meaning "sour wine." While vinegar can be made from all sorts of things -- like many fruits, vegetables, and grains -- apple cider vinegar comes from pulverized apples.
The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar, or any vinegar, is acetic acid. However, vinegars also have other acids, vitamins, mineral salts, and amino acids.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Cure for Everything?

While long used as a folk remedy, apple cider vinegar became well known in the U.S. in the late 1950s, when it was promoted in the best-selling book Folk Medicine: A Vermont Doctor's Guide to Good Health by D. C. Jarvis. During the [COLOR=#008c99]alternative medicine[/COLOR] boom of recent years, apple cider vinegar pills have become a popular dietary supplement.
Look on the back of a box of [COLOR=#008c99]supplements[/COLOR] -- or on the Internet or in the pages of any one of the many books on vinegar and health -- and you'll find some amazing claims. Apple cider vinegar is purported to treat numerous diseases, health conditions, and annoyances. To name a few, it's supposed to kill [COLOR=#008c99]head lice[/COLOR], reverse aging, ease digestion, and wash "toxins" from the body.
Most of these claims have no evidence backing them up. Some -- like vinegar's supposed ability to treat lice or [COLOR=#008c99]warts[/COLOR] -- have actually been studied, and researchers turned up nothing to support their use. Other claims have been backed up by studies, but with a catch: vinegar may work, but not as well as other treatments. For instance, while vinegar is a disinfectant, it doesn't kill as many germs as common cleaners. And while vinegar does seem to help with jelly fish stings -- an old folk remedy -- hot water works better.
Scientific Evidence of Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits

But there are some medical uses of vinegar that do have promise, at least according to a few studies. Here's a rundown of some more recent ones.
  • Diabetes. The effect of vinegar on blood glucose levels is perhaps the best-researched and the most promising of apple cider vinegar's possible health benefits. Several studies have found that vinegar may help lower glucose levels. For instance, one 2007 study of 11 people with [COLOR=#008c99]type 2 diabetes[/COLOR] found that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed lowered glucose levels in the morning by 4%-6%.
  • [COLOR=#008c99]High cholesterol[/COLOR]. A 2006 study showed evidence that vinegar could lower cholesterol. However, the study was done in rats, so it's too early to know how it might work in people.
  • [COLOR=#008c99]Blood pressure[/COLOR] and [COLOR=#008c99]heart health[/COLOR]. Another study in rats found that vinegar could lower high blood pressure. A large epidemiological study also found that people who ate oil and vinegar dressing on salads five to six times a week had lower rates of [COLOR=#008c99]heart disease[/COLOR] than people who didn't. However, it's far from clear that the vinegar was the reason.
  • [COLOR=#008c99]Cancer[/COLOR]. A few laboratory studies have found that vinegar may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth. Epidemiological studies of people have been confusing. One found that eating vinegar was associated with a decreased risk of esophageal cancer. Another associated it with an increased risk of [COLOR=#008c99]bladder cancer[/COLOR].
  • [COLOR=#008c99]Weight Loss[/COLOR]. For thousands of years, vinegar has been used for weight loss. White vinegar (and perhaps other types) might help people feel full. A 2005 study of 12 people found that those who ate a piece of bread along with small amounts of white vinegar felt fuller and more satisfied than those who just ate the bread.
While the results of these studies are promising, they are all preliminary. Many were done on animals or on cells in a lab. The human studies have been small. Before we will truly know whether vinegar has any health benefits, much larger studies are needed.
How Should Apple Cider Vinegar Be Used?

Since apple cider vinegar is an unproven treatment, there are no official recommendations on how to use it. Some people take two teaspoons a day (mixed in a cup of water or juice.) A tablet of 285 milligrams is another common dosage.
Apple cider vinegar is also sometimes applied to the [COLOR=#008c99]skin[/COLOR] or used in enemas. The safety of these treatments is unknown.
What Are the Risks of Apple Cider Vinegar?

On the whole, the risks of taking occasional, small amounts of apple cider vinegar seem low. But using apple cider vinegar over the long term, or in larger amounts, could have risks. Here are some things to keep in mind.
  • Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. As the name suggests, it's quite harsh. Apple cider vinegar should always be diluted with water or juice before swallowed. Pure apple cider vinegar could damage the tooth enamel and the tissues in your throat and mouth. One study found a woman who got an apple cider vinegar supplement stuck in her throat. She seemed to have suffered lasting damage to her esophagus. Vinegar has been known to cause contact [COLOR=#008c99]burns[/COLOR] to the skin.
  • Long-term use of apple cider vinegar could cause low [COLOR=#008c99]potassium[/COLOR] levels and lower bone density. If you already have low potassium or osteoporosis, talk to your doctor before using apple cider vinegar.
  • Apple cider vinegar could theoretically interact with diuretics, laxatives, and medicines for diabetes and heart disease.
  • If you have diabetes, check with your doctor before using apple cider vinegar. Vinegar contains chromium, which can alter your insulin levels.
What Are the Risks of Apple Cider Vinegar? continued...

Using apple cider vinegar supplements -- instead of the liquid itself -- adds another layer of risk. You just can't be sure what you're really getting. Unlike medicines, supplements are not regulated by the FDA. They aren't routinely tested for effectiveness or even basic safety. A 2005 study looked at the ingredients of eight different brands of apple cider vinegar supplements. The researchers found that:
  • The ingredients listed on the box did not reflect the actual ingredients.
  • The ingredients varied a great deal between different brands.
  • The recommended dosages varied a great deal between brands.
Most disturbing, the chemical analysis of these samples led the researchers to doubt whether any of these brands actually contained any apple cider vinegar at all.

TJ
235/[COLOR=red]215[/COLOR]/135
Goals for this Month...1. Drink 96 ounces of water a day. 2. Exercise 3 days a week. 3. Eat at BMR at least 3 days week!
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
I find it works best for me as a diuretic to sip it in my water along the course of a day. Shooting it didn't help me.
Thanks for the tip Lisa. Maybe, I'll try that next week. I already gulped mine for this morning.

I don't know if I can take sipping ACV throughout the day but hey it wasn't bad maybe I will try it today and see what happens. Something is going on with me but I really can't tell cause I've been off plan for a couple of months now , so it may just be the effects of being back on plan.

Last edited by msdee54; 09-11-2008 at 11:24 AM..
msdee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
When I first heard about this a couple of years ago, I was told to do a tablespoon or so before each meal. I went out and got the regular ACV from the store. I noticed nothing. In fact I was able to do it straight. It wasn't that strong. It almost seemed to make me hungry right after a dose. I took it for a month then stopped. This time I bought the braggs all natural with the mother. One of the first things I noticed was the strong smell. I mix it with about 8 ounces of water and it's still so strong I can't swallow but a few sips at a time. The other thing I noticed was the sudden feeling of fullness. None of these I noticed with the regular ACV.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #78
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
OK, I've had my bottle of Bragg's for about a month. This thread has motivated me to finally start using it! Thank you!
hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #79
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Hi Sheryl!

How do you like Baja's Bob Mai Tai mix? Taste OK? SugerFree, right? I want to take some to Hawaii w/ me in November!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
So, I bought 2 bottles tonight. concocted a drink with the ACV, liquid splenda, water, and Baja's Bob Mai Tai mix. Both DD and I found it quite palatable (we did try just the ACV and water but will have to work into that). Starting with 1.5 tsp twice a day.
Sheryl
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
"Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic.[/B] The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. As the name suggests, it's quite harsh. Apple cider vinegar should always be diluted with water or juice before swallowed. Pure apple cider vinegar could damage the tooth enamel and the tissues in your throat and mouth. One study found a woman who got an apple cider vinegar supplement stuck in her throat. She seemed to have suffered lasting damage to her esophagus. "

All of the information was great. I can tell you that my dad has brushed his teeth with vinegar, gargled with it and drank it straight! He still has his natural teeth at 85 and they are in great shape hahaha! My mom used to make vinegar and when she quit he started buying the "jug". His insisting on using this stuff drove my mother up the wall! So all of this information just makes me giggle that he was on to something.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #81
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
OK, I've had my bottle of Bragg's for about a month. This thread has motivated me to finally start using it! Thank you!
ACV is good for reducing inflammation.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blood Sugar 101
Stats: 1998-2009 170/142/145---2010 138/142/138
WOE: 80-100g per day. Metformin (no more prandin!)
Start Date: First LC diet 1998, goal 2003, continual vigilance
The main thing vinegar or any acid does is slow the digestion of foods. This can help people with slightly abnormal blood sugars by slowing down the carbs so that they don't get a blood sugar spike. It doesn't work for those of us with serious blood sugar problems.

Unfiltered vinegar contains yeasts--what do you think turns cider or grape juice into vinegar?

People have been using vinegar to diet since Lord Byron tried it in the 1820s. I do not think it works long term. It didn't for him.
Blood Sugar 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #83
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Hey BS101, my husband's glucose just came back at 109 (borderline type 2); he's very slim with genetic high triglycerides & cholesterol, but never high glucose before now; we've been low carbing since March 24th (we both lost 15 lbs); any suggestions? do you think the ACV before meals (?) would help him?

TIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Sugar 101 View Post
The main thing vinegar or any acid does is slow the digestion of foods. This can help people with slightly abnormal blood sugars by slowing down the carbs so that they don't get a blood sugar spike. It doesn't work for those of us with serious blood sugar problems.

Unfiltered vinegar contains yeasts--what do you think turns cider or grape juice into vinegar?

People have been using vinegar to diet since Lord Byron tried it in the 1820s. I do not think it works long term. It didn't for him.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #84
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraJR72 View Post
ACV is good for reducing inflammation.
I didn't know that ('till this thread) and that's a hugh part of what's inspired me to JUST DO IT!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #85
HB = Healthy & Balanced

fyi, this exact recipe/regimen is posted on the Bragg's label.

just tried it, and HEY, not too bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryn12205 View Post
Her 3x daily tonic includes 2tsp of Braggs Pure Unfiltered ACV (must contain the "Mother"), 2 TBLS of LOCAL Honey, and 8 oz of pure filtered water.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blood Sugar 101
Stats: 1998-2009 170/142/145---2010 138/142/138
WOE: 80-100g per day. Metformin (no more prandin!)
Start Date: First LC diet 1998, goal 2003, continual vigilance
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
Hey BS101, my husband's glucose just came back at 109 (borderline type 2); he's very slim with genetic high triglycerides & cholesterol, but never high glucose before now; we've been low carbing since March 24th (we both lost 15 lbs); any suggestions? do you think the ACV before meals (?) would help him?

TIA!

Why not invest in a blood sugar meter and see what is going on for a few days?

If he had no previous high blood sugar, it is possible that the test wasn't accurate. If you test his blood sugar and see a pattern of high fasting blood sugar then you'd also want to see what his blood sugar is doing after meals.

Test at 1 and 2 hours after eating. On a low carb diet, blood sugar should drop down to the mid-80s in a normal person. If it isn't dropping below 120 on a low carb diet, you should keep an eye on it to see if it is getting worse.

A thin person is not likely to be insulin resistant. High blood sugars in thin people are almost always because they are insulin deficient.

BUT--and this is important--there is a small subset of men (Gretchen Becker just blogged about this in her HealthCentral.com blog) whose blood sugar goes up when they eat fats. Since he has genetically high cholesterol, if he has higher than normal blood sugar on a low carb diet, he might want to try a diet that isn't high in fat and see if that lowers his blood sugar.

If the lower fat diet does NOT lower his blood sugar, there is a possibility that his cholesterol gene is related to one of the genes that prevents normal insulin secretion. HNF4-1 is one gene that both raises cholesterol and stops insulin secretion.

Finally, if your husband has a family history of autoimmune disease, there is a slow form of autoimmune diabetes that could be a concern. You would suspect that if the blood sugars get dramatically worse over a period of 4 years.

But at this point, you'd really want to test at home for a week or two to see what is going on before drawing any conclusions. One test is not enough to tell you anything. For all you know, it was a lab error.

And ACV would not be my recommendation for a treatment of a blood sugar problem that is not responding to a low carb diet. All the studies of vinegar are done with high carb diets. It's impact on blood sugars in a person eating a low carb diet would be minimal.
Blood Sugar 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #87
HB = Healthy & Balanced

thank you sooooooo much! this is great advice.

and very interesting re: the high fat diet, which of course, is exactly what has changed for us lately.

his latest glucose results:

109 - Aug 2008
91 - Jan 2008
99 - Oct 2007

I did get a BS monitor, it's called Precision Xtra by MediSense.

Normally $74.99 on sale for $9.99 with $10 rebate (free!) at Walgreen's!

BUT he's being a weanie about pricking his finger!!
Says he's heard of some "bloodless monitors" ~ any thoughts on that?

Thanks again, I'm going to have him read your post AND I've forwarded your blog/website to him AND to all for the Type 2's that I know!

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches
Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #88
HB = Healthy & Balanced

crap!!!!!!!!!
17 carbs in 1 Tablespoon of honey???????
thank gawd I only used ONE instead of TWO.

did you mean tsps (not tbls)??

just noticed that 1 to 2 tsps is what is indicated on the Braggs bottle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryn12205 View Post
Her 3x daily tonic includes 2tsp of Braggs Pure Unfiltered ACV (must contain the "Mother"), 2 TBLS of LOCAL Honey, and 8 oz of pure filtered water.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #89
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: losin4good1980
Sorry all - I went through the first 2 pages and didn't see the answer so if it was posted on the 3rd page, I'm sorry - but what is "mother" ...
I'm in Canada so I believe the only brand we would have of the ACV is Heinz (I'll double check tomorrow) ..
Can't wait to try it - not needing it for the weight loss - Atkins is doing that for me - I just want it for the energy boost...
Thanks for any help!
losin4good1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nikouli
Stats: 5'5" 196/186/140 (we'll see when I get there)
WOE: Low carb/Whole foods/Gluten-free
Start Date: Original: 5/29/08 (pregnant 3/2010) New: 9/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by losin4good1980 View Post
Sorry all - I went through the first 2 pages and didn't see the answer so if it was posted on the 3rd page, I'm sorry - but what is "mother" ...
I'm in Canada so I believe the only brand we would have of the ACV is Heinz (I'll double check tomorrow) ..
Can't wait to try it - not needing it for the weight loss - Atkins is doing that for me - I just want it for the energy boost...
Thanks for any help!
ok so nvm that link I had before. Read it and it wasn't correct. Basically the "mother" is the enzyme where all the "good stuff" is. lol. layman's terms.

HTH!

Last edited by Nikouli; 09-11-2008 at 07:41 PM..
Nikouli is offline   Reply With Quote