Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mmorris
Stats: 268/128-Goal Weight Finally!! (-140 pounds gone)
WOE: Atkins All the WAY!!
Start Date: August 2002
You know I was on the ACV (with mother) for three months and have been off of it now for 1 month.. I didn't see any changes in my weight or how I felt sorry guys
mmorris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #752
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: viccobo
HELLO,

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET Apple Cider vinegar - ACV WITH THE MOTHER IN MONTREAL?

THANK YOU,

VIC
viccobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by viccobo View Post
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET Apple Cider vinegar - ACV WITH THE MOTHER IN MONTREAL?
The only place I could get it here in the UK was either ebay or Amazon; so it might be worth looking online if none of your local retailers stock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Just took 2 tbs right from the jar. THIS I can do everyday. Do you think it has the same benefits as the ACV does?
Wow, beeb, that's impressive !

I just tried the Bragg's ACV - 2 tablespoons in about half a pint of water. It was , - my face looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp after I'd finally got it down . I think I'd rather have it as a more concentrated 'shot' first thing in a morning, than a longer drink. I'd certainly wake me up !

I just wondered if anybody could give me some guidance in terms of what the most beneficial dose is? It seems that folks are using differing amounts. I don't want to overdo it, but at the same time I'd like to ensure that I'm getting enough. Any advice would be most welcome.

Last edited by clanger; 06-07-2010 at 03:12 AM..
clanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: can't weight
Stats: 236.6/172.2/135-150
WOE: Atkins NANY -extended induction
Start Date: 29/04/10
So I'm in france and would like to try ACV. Do you think- unpasteurised organic AVC is what I'm looking for? Obviously don't have the same brands and terminology ie "mother" here...
can't weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pedalpusher361
Stats: 256/251/148
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart Sept 2011
Yes unpasteurized should be the same as mother. You will be able to tell by looking at it - shake the bottle up, it should not be clear, it should be cloudy.

I took the advice of someone on here - I put 3T in my 32oz water bottle along with a packet of SF lemonade mix. I sip on it all day. I do think it helps me with water retention.
pedalpusher361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jayo619
Start Date: Re-started June 2011
I have been doing 1 tablespoon a day for about a week now & noticed that the ACV has destroyed my appetite lol. I never feel hungry anymore which i think is an awesome benefit... i also noticed that it broke a stall that i was having...
Jayo619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Well i decided to try it too. I went to the health food store today and bought the braggs acv. I put 1/2 T in my 24oz bottle of water that i will drink this evening. I also add some hawaiin punch blue typhoon to it. It is really good! I can barely taste it. Just a little hint in the water. I'm going to take some to work with me and start adding it to my water during the day. I drink 4 of the 24 oz bottles of water at work so i guess 1/2 T in each would end up giving me 3T per day. Is that a good amount to be taking? I may use it in food once in awhile to but more than likely it will just be in the water. I just want to get the amazing health benefits i have been reading about. I also use CO everyday as well. If it happens to help with appetite thats a plus but right now im just all about being as healthy as i can.

Im going to be doing more reading on it on the boards but im liking what i am reading so far.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalRon View Post
I have nothing new to add to this thread, but wanted to subscribe.

I know nothing first hand about the benefits of ACV, but reading the thread convinced me to try. I looked in several local super markets without success. So I ordered a couple of 32 oz bottles from Bragg. I got them
a few days ago and took two tsp. with the same amount of real lemon extract. I mixed this in a 12 oz glass with iced tea and a packet of sweet and low. Not my favorite, but not revolting. I hope to see some of the benefits.

Any info on dosage would be appreciated. The bottle says no calories and no carbs. It cost $8 to ship the two bottles to California.
Ron where in CA are you? You should be able to find this locally at Whole Foods, Trader joes and many "better" grocery stores or local health food stores. It is VERY common. It doesn't have to be Bragg's. TJ's has their own brand. As long as it's cloudy amber color, not clear amber color, you have the right thing.
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CalRon
Stats: 240/173/182 6'2"
WOE: VLC
Start Date: 2/14/10
Thanks Minnas,

I'm in Ontario and both of those stores are nearby. I just wanted to get started and was willing to pay the small premium.

I've been taking 2 tsps/day with lemon juice and diet Pepsi and I'm starting to look forward to my daily dose. I don't know what benefits to attribute to the ACV, or Coconut Oil I've been taking but Very low carbing and no alcohol
have also played a part. Not to mention the weight loss.

I feel terrific and so many small things have improved I'd bore everyone with a recital.
CalRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalRon View Post
Thanks Minnas,

I'm in Ontario and both of those stores are nearby. I just wanted to get started and was willing to pay the small premium.

I've been taking 2 tsps/day with lemon juice and diet Pepsi and I'm starting to look forward to my daily dose. I don't know what benefits to attribute to the ACV, or Coconut Oil I've been taking but Very low carbing and no alcohol
have also played a part. Not to mention the weight loss.

I feel terrific and so many small things have improved I'd bore everyone with a recital.
Ok. Sounds good. Just wanted to let you know you should be able to find them next time you are out and about.

I can't imagine actually looking forward to taking this stuff though. Sounds like you have good plan working well for you. Can't ask for much more than that!!
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
I cant drink ACV but I LOVE it in salad dressings. I even dip my chicken in this. Im thinking Im getting a good T a day by using this on my veggies and meat.

(Braggs) Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing

1 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of Apple cider vinegar (8 tablespoons)
1 t. onion powder
2 T. djion type mustard
2-4 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 t. of dried thyme
1/2 t. of dried basil
1 teaspoon sea salt

shake before use to mix spices.

susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #762
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katwhitts
Stats: 20/20/6
WOE: 30 carbs or less,1300-1600 cals
Start Date: July 2010
Okay, just tried this with in a tall glass of ice water with 1/2 pack of sweet n low. (I used the 2 tsp. of ACV) Not too bad Kinda tastes like a light lemonade. I can do the ACV now Yipeee!!
katwhitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #763
Blabbermouth!!!

Since my last post... I have seen a slow down in weight... So I started back up with ACV... So please ignore my last post
Old 07-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenerosity
Stats: 304/209/199
Start Date: 3/1/07
Hello all! I'm still taking my ACV daily. I'm not sure if you can over do it. I've been doing about 2 tablespoons in a 20 ounce bottle of water with a packet of SF spiced apple cider drink mix three times a day.

I took me three months to lose 20 pounds, but after starting the ACV, I lost 11 pounds in 26 days. Through the spring, my allergies were almost nil and my face has cleared up. With the stories of longevity in this thread, I'm sticking with it!

I spoke to my dentist who was concerned but said rinse after each bottle, don't brush my teeth for about an hour after drinking, and use a fluoride rinse before bed. After two months of use without rinsing or fluoride use, he did not see any ill effects yet.

Started: 3/1/07 - Officially 100 pounds lighter as of 5/9/08!!!
jenerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MortNuke
Stats: 5"10" 213/190/190;
WOE: Clean Eating / P90X
Start Date: 2009
I've spent awhile reading much of this thread...I will check around for the ACV with mother these next couple days. Want to try it out.

Mort
MortNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerosity View Post
Hello all! I'm still taking my ACV daily. I'm not sure if you can over do it. I've been doing about 2 tablespoons in a 20 ounce bottle of water with a packet of SF spiced apple cider drink mix three times a day.

I took me three months to lose 20 pounds, but after starting the ACV, I lost 11 pounds in 26 days. Through the spring, my allergies were almost nil and my face has cleared up. With the stories of longevity in this thread, I'm sticking with it!

I spoke to my dentist who was concerned but said rinse after each bottle, don't brush my teeth for about an hour after drinking, and use a fluoride rinse before bed. After two months of use without rinsing or fluoride use, he did not see any ill effects yet.
This is indeed good news. Im afraid Im going to dissolve my fillings out of my teeth if i drink this all day long!
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MortNuke
Stats: 5"10" 213/190/190;
WOE: Clean Eating / P90X
Start Date: 2009
Picked up some Bragg Organic Raw, Unfiltered ACT "with the Mother". Started with 1 tsp into 5 oz water and a packet of Splenda after dinner. I'll report on how it goes as I get up to a TBL serving 2 or 3 times per day.

I'm normally not the bandwagon type, but when this many people see benefits, it seems worthwhile to give it a try. I help others with fitness and weightloss, and like to experiment to stay informed! This looks pretty safe...

Mort
MortNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: floridagirl6
Stats: 200/145.6/130
WOE: ME/Scarsdale/Low Carb Low Cal
This thread is very interesting - and made me want to try ACV. Going out tomorrow to get some.
floridagirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cuelgirl
WOE: atkins
I just wanted to add to this thread... for anyone who has suffered with chronic sinus infections... take a table spoon of apple cider vinegar daily... clears you right up!

I had 4 infections in a month once... nothing was helping... started doing my own research... (since the doctor was sending me for all sorts of testing and I ran out of money for co-pays) .... the threads I read had people say that it helped them... so I said, why not? I tried it... and I haven't had a sinus infection since.... I know it works for me!

Work as if you don't need the money. Love as if you have never been hurt. Dance as if no one is watching.
Cuelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1dayatatime
Stats: Size24/16-14/16-14
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: 07/11/2010
Hey everyone! I have been taking ACV consistently since Monday and doing portion control (between 1500-1800 Calories) and have been averaging a pound of weight loss a day. FWIW, I am PMSing and have a lot of weight to lose (about 110lbs). So maybe that is why i am seeing results. I am not exercising. I take it when I think of taking it. Can be before or after a meal. I do make it a point to take it at least twice a day with a flexi-straw. I take about 2tbls in about 2-3 oz of water in one gulp. Hope this helps!

For the record my plan is just portion control and taking it one day at a time. I will add exercise, but am in no rush to add it right now.
"If GOD be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

My blog chronicling my weight loss journey UPDATED TODAY
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeachyLogic
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/21/2010
I just finished my first bottle of Bragg's ACV. It's strange, the first few times I drank it I kind of liked it, and now I actually crave it and enjoy it. I use 2 or 3 TBSP in a large glass that hold 36 ounces of water. There must be something in it that my body needs because I will often fix myself a glass of really cold water with the ACV in it just because I am thirsty and reached for it instead of tea or diet soda.
PeachyLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:19 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyLogic View Post
I just finished my first bottle of Bragg's ACV. It's strange, the first few times I drank it I kind of liked it, and now I actually crave it and enjoy it.
I know what you mean! I have two tablespoons in half a glass of water each morning and down it in one like a shot. It gives me a bit of a morning jolt that's become strangely addictive .

I do suspect, though, that ACV may be responsible for the return of my PMS symptoms this past couple of months, though have no idea whatsover if this is actually possible. It's the only thing in my diet which has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerosity View Post
This is good to know! Thanks for posting it, jenerosity!

Last edited by clanger; 07-25-2010 at 03:20 AM..
clanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

My New and easy way to get my ACV cocktail in each day...

*First I take my Tupperware shaker and add water almost to the top.
*I add 5 Tablespoons of ACV, ( "mother" in it)
*5 packets of Splenda
*1 1/2 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper (for thermogenics)

Now I just shake, pour into a shot glass and drink this concoction 5 times a day!!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dandelion42
Stats: way more than enough/more than enough/just right
WOE: ZC/carnivore/organic/grass-fed/pasture-raised only
Start Date: restart 2/2010
I've been putting a tablespoon or so in nearly every glass of water I have drank for the past 7 months. I can't drink it straight but diluted in water, I love it and actually prefer it to plain water at this point. I'm not sure if it's helped with my weight loss but it certainly hasn't hurt anything!
dandelion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenerosity
Stats: 304/209/199
Start Date: 3/1/07
Wow mmorris, ACV AND cayenne? THAT is hardcore!! \m/
jenerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #776
Blabbermouth!!!

It tastes really good... Like Apple Cider with a kick
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #777
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnas View Post
Ron where in CA are you? You should be able to find this locally at Whole Foods, Trader joes and many "better" grocery stores or local health food stores. It is VERY common. It doesn't have to be Bragg's. TJ's has their own brand. As long as it's cloudy amber color, not clear amber color, you have the right thing.
The only problem with TJ's ACV is it is not a live product. No Mother.....
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #778
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pablorivera
On the Braggs website, there's a video clip from an Oprah show where they are using Braggs apple cider vinegar. In that clip, they mention that acv helps lower the glycemic index of the foods you put it on. Nice.

Years ago, I bought Sly Stallone's fitness book when it came out. Near the end of the book he specifically talks about acv being one of those elixirs he's used for decades for health reasons. Not scientific, I know. But interesting.
pablorivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 188.6/187.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 10/19/13
I picked up a bottle of Braggs ACV yesterday. Subscribing....
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1dayatatime
Stats: Size24/16-14/16-14
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: 07/11/2010
bump
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote