Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #721
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: carbbiedoll
Stats: 167.2/?/130
WOE: atkins
Start Date: January3 2010
LOL martiangurl! ...I am just today finishing my 1st bottle of ACV and I am still not comfortable with the taste.
carbbiedoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 05:21 AM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki2777
Subscribing.

Nikki
Nikki2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbbiedoll View Post
LOL martiangurl! ...I am just today finishing my 1st bottle of ACV and I am still not comfortable with the taste.
I know what you mean! I can't even imagine finishing off the bottle. Well, I guess like eating the proverbial elephant, I guess one teaspoon at a time. I am going to have to dress it up with some lemonade, something tart. Perhaps this new Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Lite packets will work. I have not had another ACV-Lemonade since Sunday. I guess I am trying to psych myself up for another one!

Did you notice any difference in your weight loss or how you feel overall after polishing off that bottle of ACV??? Tell me its worth it!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
(T. E. Lawrence)
martiangurll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: winkydink
Stats: 261/149/150
Start Date: 03/22/10 age 42
I think any vinegar will work. I haveen drinking a tablespoon of pickle juice 2x daily and i have lost 5 pounds this week
winkydink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenerosity
Stats: 304/209/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/1/07
pickle juice!! I couldn't drink that straight and not sure what I'd mix it with. lol

I'm on my second bottle of ACV, I've been mixing it with strong-flavored tea, like Apple Cider Spice herbal tea or black cherry pomegranate, and lots of Stevia, works for me.

I'm not sure what else it's doing for me but I've lost 11 pounds in one month, I'm sticking with it.
jenerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerosity View Post
pickle juice!! I couldn't drink that straight and not sure what I'd mix it with. lol

I'm on my second bottle of ACV, I've been mixing it with strong-flavored tea, like Apple Cider Spice herbal tea or black cherry pomegranate, and lots of Stevia, works for me.

I'm not sure what else it's doing for me but I've lost 11 pounds in one month, I'm sticking with it.
11 lbs in one month--nice. I can stand the taste of anything for those kind of results.

I have lots of herbal teas I can try to mask the taste with. Or, I can just pretend I am ten years old, pinch my nose and gulp it down...
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #727
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkydink View Post
I think any vinegar will work. I haveen drinking a tablespoon of pickle juice 2x daily and i have lost 5 pounds this week
Vinegar is just too yucky to me, yet the pickle juice is something I can do. Go figure!

Just took 2 tbs right from the jar. THIS I can do everyday. Do you think it has the same benefits as the ACV does?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: winkydink
Stats: 261/149/150
Start Date: 03/22/10 age 42
I don't know, but since I have been drinking it the weight loss has sped up.
winkydink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #729
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LocoPollo
Stats: 143.5/139.5/120
WOE: HCG P2 VLCD6
Start Date: Monday
I've been reading this thread for two days and finally reached the end!

Yesterday I did a shot of ACV with a water chaser. Disgusting! Then got some advice from a friend. Next I tried equal amounts ACV and lemon juice with some stevia. Better.

Today I mixed 1/4 c each ACV and lemon juice plus 5 drops stevia and split it between two 32 oz bottles. That I can do! In fact, I liked it.
LocoPollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: charlielou
Stats: 339/234/160 restart March 2010 293/260.5/160
Start Date: sept 2005 restart march 20, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoVino View Post

Today I mixed 1/4 c each ACV and lemon juice plus 5 drops stevia and split it between two 32 oz bottles. That I can do! In fact, I liked it.
That's pretty much what I do. 2T in my 1L water bottle with a little lime stevita and 1 drop of splenda. Drink two of those each day.
charlielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've been reading this thread for two days and finally reached the end!

Yesterday I did a shot of ACV with a water chaser. Disgusting! Then got some advice from a friend. Next I tried equal amounts ACV and lemon juice with some stevia. Better.

I know I can't drink that much water but I may try the Stevia with ACV + equal parts lemon juice and do a "shooter"

thanks for the idea
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #732
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
I would like to use it but unfortunately I can't get past worrying about it damaging the enamel of my teeth not to mention the throat and mouth tissues because it's so highly acidic

If anyone can lead me to some helpful information about this, please let me know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooz View Post
Dreamchaser: First of all, I love your avatar of your "sweetiepie" and I am so sorry for your loss...... What kind of doggie was she? (Sorry for the thread jack!).

As far as your issues about the acidity of ACV, I think that is why they suggest you add at least one cup of water to 1 or 2 teaspoons of ACV. I used 2+ Tablespoons a day for 9 weeks in 1988 and it did not hurt me, but of course YMMV!
I just saw this Sooz. That was my little yorkie Angel. (Thanks)! *Sorry, threadjack over*

I'm still struggling with the idea of the acid issues. And unfortunately I don't think I can stand to drink a whole cup of it!
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #733
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkydink View Post
I don't know, but since I have been drinking it the weight loss has sped up.
I tried this, not too bad. I wish I liked whole pickles, you probably get more than a Tablespoon of juice while eating one.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: charlielou
Stats: 339/234/160 restart March 2010 293/260.5/160
Start Date: sept 2005 restart march 20, 2010
Quote:

I'm still struggling with the idea of the acid issues. And unfortunately I don't think I can stand to drink a whole cup of it!
In an earlier post someone mentioned drinking it thru a straw to deal with the tooth enamel issue. I chug it from a sports bottle and make sure very little comes in contact with my teeth. However, I do find that if I try to drink 1T in just a cup of water it hurts my throat so I dilute it 2T plus a little lime stevita and ond drop of sweetzfree in 1 litre of water
charlielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #735

Got the ACV and I'm taking 2 TBS a day........STRAIGHT UP!!

OMG, it is so yucky, BUT........I feel wonderful!! Some days I mix 1 TBS pickle juice and 1 TBS ACV. Not so bad then. Didn't know about the mouth rinse though, and will be doing this right after my daily dose!

Less hungry, that's for sure and I am losing weight a little faster now!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Got the ACV and I'm taking 2 TBS a day........STRAIGHT UP!!

OMG, it is so yucky, BUT........I feel wonderful!! Some days I mix 1 TBS pickle juice and 1 TBS ACV. Not so bad then. Didn't know about the mouth rinse though, and will be doing this right after my daily dose!

Less hungry, that's for sure and I am losing weight a little faster now!
Okay Beeb, I know you're tough being from Jersey and all, but that's still impressive. Straight up! Glad to hear its working for ya
Old 05-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #737

Gallery: fawn
Tammy, a straw is wise because yes, it can be damaging to tooth enamel.

Here's the other interesting thing about ACV. While it is an acidic product, it leaves an alkaline ash. It is a soft tissue healer too. Getting the beginnings of a sore throat? swig a bit of ACV.

Braggs just came out with an ACV beverage. My husband brought one home tonight from one of our Real Estate clients. Water, ACV and Honey are the ingredients. Too high for me in carbs at 26 for the whole jar so my DH will probably drink it.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #738

OK, now I'm freaking about the tooth enamel thing! What is the best way to take this? Mixed in something or straight up like I'm doing and then brushing and rinsing?

Thanks!!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Tammy, a straw is wise because yes, it can be damaging to tooth enamel.

Here's the other interesting thing about ACV. While it is an acidic product, it leaves an alkaline ash.
Fawn, what about what the acid also damaging the mouth and throat? And for that matter, could it be harmful/damaging in the stomach?

Maybe it's not really bad. But I can't help it. The acid part scares me.

What is alkaline ash?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #740
Domestic Goddess

Gallery: GardenMom
Stats: 225-223-160
WOE: LC
Ok......I ordered Bragg online and it should be here soon. I am nervous about the acidity also. My stomach hurts just from dill pickles.

I haven't read the whole thread. How much per day should I drink and do I have to shake it up first (to mix the "mother" LOL).

Thanks
GardenMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 AM   #741
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cinnycinda
This is pretty interesting but can you do this on induction? Is it carb free? Cin
cinnycinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #742

Quote:
Fawn, what about what the acid also damaging the mouth and throat? And for that matter, could it be harmful/damaging in the stomach?

Maybe it's not really bad. But I can't help it. The acid part scares me.

What is alkaline ash?
I'm sorry tammy, I should have been more clear. While vinegar is acidic, it alkalizes the body from the soft tissue to the blood.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LocoPollo
Stats: 143.5/139.5/120
WOE: HCG P2 VLCD6
Start Date: Monday
I am really enjoying my "lemonade". And it keeps me from eating a lot of stuff because it doesn't sound good with everything!

Again, I am using

1/2 c. ACV
1/2 c. lemon juice
10 drops stevia

I use about 1/4 c. of that mixture in 32 oz. of water.
LocoPollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthnut
Stats: 190/160/120 5'2"
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: April 2010 (2nd - and last -time)
Quote:
I am really enjoying my "lemonade". And it keeps me from eating a lot of stuff because it doesn't sound good with everything!

Again, I am using

1/2 c. ACV
1/2 c. lemon juice
10 drops stevia

I use about 1/4 c. of that mixture in 32 oz. of water.
That sounds good, Diane.

Does anyone use it as a normal vinegar on a salad? I usually put about 1T ACV along with olive oil or flaxseed oil on my salad. I always rinse my mouth out with water afterwards to avoid tooth enamel issues. I've been doing this for years. No problems.
healthnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
That sounds good, Diane.

Does anyone use it as a normal vinegar on a salad? I usually put about 1T ACV along with olive oil or flaxseed oil on my salad. I always rinse my mouth out with water afterwards to avoid tooth enamel issues. I've been doing this for years. No problems.
It's the only vinegar I use (though I use white vinegar for cleaning)
Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #746

Quote:
I'm sorry tammy, I should have been more clear. While vinegar is acidic, it alkalizes the body from the soft tissue to the blood.
So what exactly does that mean fawn? Could you explain a little further? Does that mean we don't have to worry about the acid being harmful?

Sorry, still clear as mud!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #747

I'm sorry Tammy, I assumed you understood the alkaline/acid ph balance in the body. Here's an easy read for you......The body has a pretty good normalizing mechanism so I don't worry too much but I also consume all of the alkalizing foods on the various lists and have a healthy digestive system so I don't worry about balance. Many don't put much credibility in the acid/alkaline balance and many on the other hand have reported that those with higher acidic bodies are at greater risk for various cancers. Foods that are high in acid can actually be alkalizing to the body as is the case with ACV and even lemon.
I'll let you decide of course....
Easily Improve Your Health With An Alkaline Diet

Let me know if you would like further clarification. I gave you the start you need though and I know you're the research queen. I actually wish I could afford to pay you you're so good at it!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CalRon
Stats: 240/173/182 6'2"
WOE: VLC
Start Date: 2/14/10
I have nothing new to add to this thread, but wanted to subscribe.

I know nothing first hand about the benefits of ACV, but reading the thread convinced me to try. I looked in several local super markets without success. So I ordered a couple of 32 oz bottles from Bragg. I got them
a few days ago and took two tsp. with the same amount of real lemon extract. I mixed this in a 12 oz glass with iced tea and a packet of sweet and low. Not my favorite, but not revolting. I hope to see some of the benefits.

Any info on dosage would be appreciated. The bottle says no calories and no carbs. It cost $8 to ship the two bottles to California.

Last edited by CalRon; 05-19-2010 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: typo
CalRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
That sounds good, Diane.

Thanks, you answered my question. Now I can have my ACV, get the benefits and NOT freak anymore!
Old 05-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #750

Quote:
I'm sorry Tammy, I assumed you understood the alkaline/acid ph balance in the body. Here's an easy read for you......The body has a pretty good normalizing mechanism so I don't worry too much but I also consume all of the alkalizing foods on the various lists and have a healthy digestive system so I don't worry about balance. Many don't put much credibility in the acid/alkaline balance and many on the other hand have reported that those with higher acidic bodies are at greater risk for various cancers. Foods that are high in acid can actually be alkalizing to the body as is the case with ACV and even lemon.
I'll let you decide of course....
Easily Improve Your Health With An Alkaline Diet

Let me know if you would like further clarification. I gave you the start you need though and I know you're the research queen. I actually wish I could afford to pay you you're so good at it!
No, I have never read up on ph balance. Thanks for the link. You know I will check it out!

And thanks for the compliment. I being the research queen!