Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
I would like to use it but unfortunately I can't get past worrying about it damaging the enamel of my teeth not to mention the throat and mouth tissues because it's so highly acidic

If anyone can lead me to some helpful information about this, please let me know!
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
I would like to use it but unfortunately I can't get past worrying about it damaging the enamel of my teeth not to mention the throat and mouth tissues because it's so highly acidic

If anyone can lead me to some helpful information about this, please let me know!
Dreamchaser: First of all, I love your avatar of your "sweetiepie" and I am so sorry for your loss...... What kind of doggie was she? (Sorry for the thread jack!).

As far as your issues about the acidity of ACV, I think that is why they suggest you add at least one cup of water to 1 or 2 teaspoons of ACV. I used 2+ Tablespoons a day for 9 weeks in 1988 and it did not hurt me, but of course YMMV!

I am down another pound today but since I am also really strictly watching my carbs....... who knows! But I'm not going to stop the combo just in case!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aryn12205
WOE: IF/Paleo/Whole Food-Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: January '14
I noticed this thread was still up and kicking so thought I'd hop in.

I realize some of you are rather skeptical about my claims, but honestly, my MIL transformed in front of our eyes. I do NOT think that the ACV was the absolute cause for her weight loss, but I do believe it gave her metabolism and energy a much-needed boost--thus suppressing her appetite. I would willingly take a lie detector test!

Obviously not everyone will have these same effects, but for her, it really worked a miracle. However, the health benefits should well make up for any lack of "weight loss" one could experience while supplementing with the ACV.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryn12205 View Post
.....I realize some of you are rather skeptical about my claims, but honestly, my MIL transformed in front of our eyes. I do NOT think that the ACV was the absolute cause for her weight loss, but I do believe it gave her metabolism and energy a much-needed boost--thus suppressing her appetite. I would willingly take a lie detector test!
I'm a believer!! And I agree with you on the health benefits as well.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: Highest 210/198/118
WOE: Atkins + HHCG (Fishy Vegetarian)
Start Date: Atkins since 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooz View Post
I'm a believer!! And I agree with you on the health benefits as well.
all i know is my Uncle swore by it..
he was Never overweight..
i wish too that i knew what amounts he took...
but i never ask..
like a ton of stuff i shoulda asked him Before it was Too Late!!
he started taking it as a kid..
so i guess the man took it for 90 years or so...
he was raised up on a tennessee farm..
i bet it was just farm wisdom to take the stuff..
just guessin
fembomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #636
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I have been doing induction for several weeks now and losing slowly, about 0.5lb a week. I recently (3/30) added 2tbsp of ACV in water with splenda to my diet, twice a day. I am down 2 lbs this week. I may have been due for a whoosh, or any number of reasons for the loss, but I have noticed I feel more "wired" on the ACV and hope it's kicking up my lethargic metabolism. So, just wanted to share my personal experience, albeit short term, so there's some additional anecdotal evidence it may help weight loss. YMMV
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
....... but I have noticed I feel more "wired" on the ACV and hope it's kicking up my lethargic metabolism.
Julie: I too feel "wierd" with the ACV, and I am pretty sure it is my sludgy metabolism kicking into gear. I wanna go walking at midnight!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Julie: I too feel "wierd" with the ACV, and I am pretty sure it is my sludgy metabolism kicking into gear. I wanna go walking at midnight!
Isn't that a song I go walkin' . . . after midnight . . . .
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: Highest 210/198/118
WOE: Atkins + HHCG (Fishy Vegetarian)
Start Date: Atkins since 1998
i Love walking after midnight..
already did it twice this week!!!
fembomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaarren
Stats: 204/191/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-22-08
I'm going to get some ACV tomorrow. I have heard of this for some time. I would like for it to be a weight loss miracle, but I think it does have a lot of health benefits. It may help with my blood sugar. It sounds like it will help boost energy.
I think that Braggs originally recommends a tonic with ACV & honey. My DH has really high blood presssure, so I'm going to have him take it together, maybe that combo is even better. We want to get some local honey soon. But at 17carbs/T, it is too much for LC...
Kaarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaarren
Stats: 204/191/150
Start Date: 8-22-08
I got the Braggs today. Not too awful just 2t w/ 1 cup water. I hope I get used to it quick! DH thought the taste was pretty good. He said it felt like his body needed it.
Kaarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hidden diva
Stats: 277/255.5/135
WOE: Whatever works for me!
Start Date: Jan 8, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Isn't that a song I go walkin' . . . after midnight . . . .
Yeah, I think it was sung by the late Patsy Cline....

Anyway, think I will give this a shot....can't hurt....
Another blog was raving about the egg fast also.....think i will work my way up to that one....
Hidden diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden diva View Post
Another blog was raving about the egg fast also.....think i will work my way up to that one....
Hidden Diva: I am doing the Meat & Egg Fast 3X a week along with my ACV Cocktail. For me it is really working. And it is easier than I thought.

I did a little unplaned experiment Friday and Saturday. I stuck to my carbs, drank my water, but didn't have my ACV with me either Friday or Saturday and I gained .5lbs a day!! Don't know why, but I'm going to work hard not to miss a dose again
Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hidden diva
Stats: 277/255.5/135
WOE: Whatever works for me!
Start Date: Jan 8, 2010
Quote:
Hidden Diva: I am doing the Meat & Egg Fast 3X a week along with my ACV Cocktail. For me it is really working. And it is easier than I thought.

I did a little unplaned experiment Friday and Saturday. I stuck to my carbs, drank my water, but didn't have my ACV with me either Friday or Saturday and I gained .5lbs a day!! Don't know why, but I'm going to work hard not to miss a dose again
Sooz, Your ACV cocktail is? Not sure how much ACV in relation to water n sweetener? I've seen comments about Stevia, is the liquid sucralose an ok substitute for the stevia? Want to get this right. I will pick up the Bragg's ACv at GNC tomorrow on my way home from school. It'll still be early enough to start as I get out of classes at 10 am. (I don't eat before) so I think I will be good to start both the ACV and egg fast tomorrow. Can only try, see what happens...Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend!

Starting weight 277 Current weight 255.5 Goal Weight 135
Hidden diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Hidden Diva: The "cocktail" I use is:

2 teaspoons ACV
1 packet of splend or 3 drops of Stevia
8 ounces water

They say the water is important in helping with digesting the ACV. I don't know anything about the liquid sucralose so maybe someone else can comment, but I like the taste of it enough that I really don't even use the sweetener any more. A lot of times I just put 2 teaspoons of ACV in a small glass, shoot it and then drink at least 8 ounces of water.

I do this first thing in the AM, 30 minutes or so before lunch (or around noon if I don't have time for lunch) and just before dinner.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: j4Christ
Stats: 166/155/110 5'2" w/ shoes
Hi everyone! I have been taking ACV for a few weeks now. Always wanted to try it but would start then stop. But what I've been doing is making some green tea (about 3 tea bags worth) then diluting it to make 64 oz., adding about 1/4 c. ACV and drinking that throughout the day. Feels very invigorating and I'm at my lowest weight I've been in a while. Not sure if that's why but I will keep doing it and let you know. Of course, over the Easter weekend I have been totally off plan (but still having the green tea/ACV) so don't want to weigh myself for a few days!
Luke 1:37-For nothing is impossible with God.
j4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
J4 what a goood idea !! thanks for sharing that.
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

j4Christ: Thanks for posting your results.... Green tea is a great idea! I think I'll run on my lunch and get some to try.

I finally got a reply from Natural Factors about their 500mg Apple Cider Vinegar capsules and here was their response:

My question: I am interested to know if Apple cider vinegar 500mg is the only ingredient in these capsules or if there are other ingredients. Also, do you use Bragg's type of ACV that includes "the mother" for your capsules.

Their answer: Our product manual does not indicate any other ingredients in the Apple Cider Vinegar other than the 500mg of Apple Cider Vinegar. Other non-significant ingredients are listed as those pertaining to the composition of the gelatin capsule (gelatin, purified water) with vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant). The product contains no artificial preservatives, colour or sweeteners; no dairy, soy, wheat or yeast.

The apple cider vinegar is derived from apple cider vinegar containing the mother, thus contains the beneficial nutrients of this beneficial natural process even though the mother itself is later filtered out before freeze-drying.

Mother refers to a tincture - Mother is the concentrated form, then homeopaths dilute & shake, etc. (original product in concentrated form). Capsules can be viewed as the mother as it is pure cider vinegar, although term applies to Homeopathic dilutions.

We hope you find this helpful and continue to find Natural Factors to be your quality product of choice. Thank you again for your support, we wish you all the best in your search for optimum health and well-being.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My husband added the capsules to his diet at the same time I added the liquid and he experienced the same bump in weight loss as I did.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Reginawes
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1-1-04
Hi all,
For all of you having a hard time getting the vinegar down, I mix mine with the apple flavored- walmart brand of crystal light, ...It's like apple juice with a little kick.

I have been taking this for a couple of months, I do like the energy I get from it, and my hair and nails grow really fast.

Regina
Reginawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Teekaay
Stats: 183.4/178.8/125
Start Date: 6/13/10
I have been on ACV for months. It helped a great deal with my menstral problems. Did not see tons of weight loss though.
Teekaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginawes View Post
Hi all,
For all of you having a hard time getting the vinegar down, I mix mine with the apple flavored- walmart brand of crystal light, ...It's like apple juice with a little kick.

I have been taking this for a couple of months, I do like the energy I get from it, and my hair and nails grow really fast.

Regina
Great idea, I have that same apple mix.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Reginawes
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1-1-04
Its good stuff Vicki, I like it better than the real crystal light
Reginawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SEE3ga
Stats: 246/224.2/200 by may /145 overall
WOE: lo-carb again, Ctflc
Start Date: Sept 11,2006 Feb 20.2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post

they make it in capsules check netrition
SEE3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #654
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3ga View Post
they make it in capsules check netrition
Sonja, if I were to take the ACV, I would only be interested in the raw, organic form with the mother which, unfortunately, you can't get from the capsules.

But thanks anyway for the suggestion
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenerosity
Stats: 304/209/199
Start Date: 3/1/07
So I started this today. Seeing the diuretic effect already and no appetite. I worked out harder today too. Maybe a placebo effect but I look forward to any health benefits from it, weight loss or not.

I put a tablespoon in my HUGE mug of apple spice green tea, tastes great!
jenerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

I must say that at first I really liked the taste a lot! Now I have grown to really dislike it for some reason. I have to drink it like a shot. My biggest problem is that I am usually in a hurry so I don't have time to sip an entire 8 oz glass. I just add 2 teaspoons ACV to a small glass, about an ounce of water and gulp it! Then I chug 8 ounce of water to get rid of the taste. I may try going back to the ACV cocktail and see if I still like that.

PS Jen: Your stats are AWSOME and you look great!!

Last edited by Sooz; 04-12-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Funny that this thread popped up. I just bought Braggs today and intended to start drinking it. I just made it with 2 Tbsp in 8 ounces. Couldn't drink it. Added another 8 ounces, gagged on that too. I even added in splenda. How do you drink this stuff??
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Tina, I actually add mine to 16 oz water bottle with splenda and a bit of lemonade. It's definitely not my favorite thing to drink, but I can get it down. I always wash my mouth out afterwards.

Maybe you'd be better off w. the shot approach? Pound it back then chase it with something that tastes better? Good luck!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
How much do you add?
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1973 View Post
Funny that this thread popped up.
Funny that you found this thread Tina.... I started reading your Journal today and I am loving reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1973 View Post
.... How do you drink this stuff??
Really everything I've read is that to get the maximum benefit you should take 1 or 2 TEASPOONS before each meal. So when I drank it as a "cocktail" I did 2 teaspoons ACV, 8 ounces water, 1 packet splenda then ice and I drank it through a straw. I am going to try that again before dinner tonite.

Headed off to keep reading your Journal!