Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JUNEBUG2
Stats: 338/297/180--tight28w/24/16 5'8"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 24, 2006-new beginning 03/01
I take a blood pressure pill that says not to take potassium supplement. I wonder if the potassium in the vinegar would be the same?? All the information is vry interesting. I think anything that curves the appetite would be benificial in weight loss. Thanks for all the information.
JUNEBUG2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #32
JRo

Gallery: JRo
Stats: 210/210/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 7 September 2010
I cannot keep up with taking ACV on a regular basis. I make it 2-3 days and just can't do it anymore.
JRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/166.5/140
WOE: Atkins/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Love the Bragg's ACV. Hasn't helped speed up my weight loss any, but adding it to my daily routine seemed to have brought relief to my joints plus many of the other benefits mentioned earlier. I honestly believe adding ACV and sesame oil to my eating plan had the greatest effect on controlling my high blood pressure and triglycerides.
(The clear, white vinegar I keep for cleaning floors, etc. and in place of fabric softener, and surprisingly the white vinegar healed up a really bad spider bite.)

JadeRosie - Maybe just start with taking it once a day, 2 tsp. in a glass of cold water with several drops of stevia? If I'd tried 3x day right from the start, I wouldn't have kept up either.

DizzyUp - ACV has no carbs, so it won't throw you out of ketosis.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:28 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBeth View Post
Love the Bragg's ACV. Hasn't helped speed up my weight loss any, but adding it to my daily routine seemed to have brought relief to my joints plus many of the other benefits mentioned earlier. I honestly believe adding ACV and sesame oil to my eating plan had the greatest effect on controlling my high blood pressure and triglycerides.
(The clear, white vinegar I keep for cleaning floors, etc. and in place of fabric softener, and surprisingly the white vinegar healed up a really bad spider bite.)

JadeRosie - Maybe just start with taking it once a day, 2 tsp. in a glass of cold water with several drops of stevia? If I'd tried 3x day right from the start, I wouldn't have kept up either.

Hey MissBeth, Happy to hear from someone else who feels ACV has had an affect on their blood pressure... Also a great suggestion to start slow... I guess 3 times a day would be a little overwhelming at first!

My cousin swears by it and as I said above he was having some horrific sexual dysfunctions resulting from the blood pressure meds.... Since starting the ACV...he also uses lemon with it...as a cocktail...a recipe he found in a homeopathy book....his very, high blood pressure has stablilized and his dysfunctions have improved tremendously... He said it gave him back his sex life...

So he's hooked for life...

TJ
235/[COLOR=red]215[/COLOR]/135
Goals for this Month...1. Drink 96 ounces of water a day. 2. Exercise 3 days a week. 3. Eat at BMR at least 3 days week!

Last edited by skeeweeaka; 09-09-2008 at 05:30 AM..
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
I still have a problem with 40 lbs in 30 days.
Nelle Belle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gladsome
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/3/08
Would ACV be recommended for people with reflux?
Gladsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsome View Post
It is advised to take a tbl before meals as a digestion aid for people with reflux or Gerd.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 AM   #38

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsome View Post
Some say it's good for it.

Natural Cures for Acid Reflux Disease or GERD on Earth Clinic, Your Source for Home Remedies!

Vinegar and Acid Reflux
Tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gladsome
Start Date: 4/3/08
Lisabinil and Tooter:

Thanks for the quick response. I don't know if I truely suffer from reflux but I wanted to make sure I was not going to aggervate something unneccessarly.

Gladsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aryn12205
WOE: IF/Paleo/Whole Food-Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: January '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightSchrute View Post
I believe this may have to do with it's diuretic effect. She has mentioned that she no longer retains water. It has also helped reduce how hungry she is, so I guess she is probably eating a little less, but nothing drastically different. I wish I could post some pictures of her for people to see! She really did lose this weight tremendously fast. She went from a size 16 to a size 8/10 and it happened right before our eyes since we see her a few times a week. I've also watched her eat and no what she eats, and nothing has changed.

I am not trying to tell people to drink this and they'll lose weight, as it's not going to happen to everyone, but it does aid in many other aspects of your health. I will take it for the immense amount of vitamins and energy producing minerals that are found in the ACV. Hopefully I will stop feeling so groggy throughout the day, and maybe my skin and hair will be healthier too.

Last edited by aryn12205; 09-09-2008 at 07:34 AM..
aryn12205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aryn12205
WOE: IF/Paleo/Whole Food-Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: January '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBeth View Post

One of the many positive claims about the ACV is it's ability to provide relief for arthritis pain!
aryn12205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thebarnhearts
Stats: 202/restart 168/156/140
Start Date: December 10th 2007/restart April 16 2012
I have bursitis in my hip, do you think it would help with that??
thebarnhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #43

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightSchrute View Post
With all due respect to the original poster I would like to address the above.

While 40lbs. was not water weight entirely, it was some as well as other losses because of a "different" metabolic affect in this person's daily regime. In example, refined foods require the body to pull vitamins, minerals and enzymes because they contain none. So the ACV has assisted those refined foods per se but I have a feeling if this person is still maintaining a high carb refined lifestyle, her success will come to a halt quite shortly. One can only consume primarily refined foods for so long while dieting. The plateau is just around the corner.

For the person on BP meds?? Don't worry about natural sources of potassium...it is often said that potassium improves blood pressure from natural sources. I'm quite sure your Rx refers to synthetic.

Acid reflux? Yes but alkalize the ACV with baking soda first.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #44

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarnhearts View Post
I have bursitis in my hip, do you think it would help with that??
Yes, it should help but I would also recommend for you a combination of MSM, Fish oil and bromelain as a natural anti-inflammatory.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Finding this thread intriguing. Is there any idea about how long one has to take the ACV before noticing results. The fatigue issue is of real interest to me.

Sheryl
SLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
Finding this thread intriguing. Is there any idea about how long one has to take the ACV before noticing results. The fatigue issue is of real interest to me.

Sheryl
It hasn't done a thing for my fatigue.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: latoya75
Stats: what ever feels good
WOE: No carbs period!!
Start Date: MARCH31,2005
Omg i cant believe that it`s a few in here that have doubts about acv i`ve been hearing about acv ever since i was a lil girl ,and i am now 33yrs ,See the problem is people( INCLUDING MYSELF) dont like to stick to something and that`s alot of reasons experiments don`t work i have been talking bragg`s avc for like 6 days now and i`ve already lost 3lbs i have not craved any sweets my back is feeling lighter we just moved into a 2story home and when we first go here i had a hard time walking up the stairs my knees would hurt really bad ,now i sprint up the stairs my knees no longer hurt and i have not been out of breath what-so-ever my skin is getting lighter im just feeling alot better over all. For the first time im my life i feel that i can stick to losing weight thanks to acv so i encourage everybody to atleAst give it a try before u knock it ... Oh another thing prime example i dont KNOW how alot of you guys clean your meat far as chicken and pork but what i do and have been doing for over 15yrs is i soak my chicken in vinegar espacially the greasy fatty part like the thighs and wings for about 5 mins or so and you can see the grease and fat melt away so why would it work for humans mmmhmmm???
Old 09-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #48
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: anniemo
WOE: whole organic lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post

Sheryl
i believe it helps my fatigue. i have lupus and it seems to help the excessive fatigue i get from running a continuous low grade fever. i also use coconut oil and drink yerba mate to battle my fatigue.

i'm not sure about how it aids in weight loss, as i am at goal and don't focus on my weight at all. i don't weigh myself, but i wear a 2/4 depending on the clothes and it definitely hasn't made me gain.
anniemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
Start Date: March /04
Quote:
Originally Posted by latoya75 View Post
Omg i cant believe that it`s a few in here that have doubts about acv i`ve been hearing about acv ever since i was a lil girl ,and i am now 33yrs ,See the problem is people( INCLUDING MYSELF) dont like to stick to something and that`s alot of reasons experiments don`t work i have been talking bragg`s avc for like 6 days now and i`ve already lost 3lbs i have not craved any sweets my back is feeling lighter we just moved into a 2story home and when we first go here i had a hard time walking up the stairs my knees would hurt really bad ,now i sprint up the stairs my knees no longer hurt and i have not been out of breath what-so-ever my skin is getting lighter im just feeling alot better over all. For the first time im my life i feel that i can stick to losing weight thanks to acv so i encourage everybody to atleAst give it a try before u knock it ... Oh another thing prime example i dont KNOW how alot of you guys clean your meat far as chicken and pork but what i do and have been doing for over 15yrs is i soak my chicken in vinegar espacially the greasy fatty part like the thighs and wings for about 5 mins or so and you can see the grease and fat melt away so why would it work for humans mmmhmmm???
how much do you take? and how?
pinkcadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Locarb4me
Stats: 200/182/150
WOE: Low Carbish
Start Date: 6/12/07
I have some Bragg's and it's been there a while. About 8 months -ish. The "mother" part is looking pretty funky. Do you ACV users just slurp up the mother along with the vinegar or when it gets to the bottom, do you start filtering it a bit? I'd try it again but that cloud at the bottom turns my stomach a wee bit.
Locarb4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
I read about the virtues of Braggs ACV on another site 2 weeks ago and had my DH go out and get me some from the health food store and I haven't opened it yet.

This thread was just the nudge I needed. I have fallen off the low carb wagon so badly so I will be starting out with this 1st thing in the morning.

I don't believe that it'll help me to lose any faster (I only wish it would) but if it helps with my bloating and gives me energy that would be great.

Oh and a tip I got from the other site. The acid can be bad for your teeth so drink your elixir however you prep it through a straw . Fortunately, I'm in this habit already cause I don't like drinks staining my teeth.
msdee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: latoya75
Stats: what ever feels good
WOE: No carbs period!!
Start Date: MARCH31,2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcadillac View Post
how much do you take? and how?
i drink it 4x a day three capfuls from the bragg`s top of course with a 16oz spring water i dont mix it with nothing it`s really not that bad so all that doctoring it up with a whole lot of other things is not needed.
latoya75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Happy to see people using ACV, it really does help to curb the appetite...

TJ
Old 09-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Yes but alkalize the ACV with baking soda first.
The ACV burns my stomach after taking it, would the baking soda help?
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
The ACV burns my stomach after taking it, would the baking soda help?
I take it mixed in with about 1/2 cup of ice water...it doesn't burn like that but the baking soda may help as well...

TJ
Old 09-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka View Post
I take it mixed in with about 1/2 cup of ice water...it doesn't burn like that but the baking soda may help as well...

TJ
thanks!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LaRae
Stats: 270/252.5/I'll know
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 11/19/12
I just pour a little in a cup or so of water and drink it right down. I don't add sweetener or anything to it. I have bad reflux, but it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it helps some people with reflux.
LaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
Ok, I had my first dose this morning before bkfst. I mixed about 2tbsp maybe a touch more with about 6oz of water. I put in a small slice of lemon , some ice and a drop of stevia, it was not bad at all. I gulped it down through my straw an went on about my business.

I'm only hoping for the diuretic effects, so anything else will be a bonus. Can't hurt!!
msdee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #59

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdee54 View Post
Ok, I had my first dose this morning before bkfst. I mixed about 2tbsp maybe a touch more with about 6oz of water. I put in a small slice of lemon , some ice and a drop of stevia, it was not bad at all. I gulped it down through my straw an went on about my business.

I'm only hoping for the diuretic effects, so anything else will be a bonus. Can't hurt!!
Keep us posted.
Tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdee54 View Post

I find it works best for me as a diuretic to sip it in my water along the course of a day. Shooting it didn't help me.